Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Guys, turn off TC and give the Aventador SV a good spin. I'm having so much fun with it. You can almost go backwards into a turn and still come out the right way, hahah. :lol: It's quite awesome. :cheers:
Make sure you map an easily accessible button for the handbrake. Makes it much easier to get the back out.

So, you're saying it doesn't understeer like a tractor like all other Lambo's?? :D :lol:

So, you're saying it doesn't understeer like a tractor like all other Lambo's?? :D :lol:

Still understeers, mentioned that in my review of it. I wish there was a way of pushing as much power rearwards as possible. I think that would dial a fair amount out of it.
On the other hand, the only other car I have extensively tested so far is the SF-15T. And despite disliking the car massively I had to give it a 10/10. I've never felt a car so accurately modeled in terms of features... that was the hardest 10 I have ever given!

Green here. I suppose Fast is maybe closer to an optimal track on a warm summer day. But it's just more fun when you have to be at least a little bit cautious with the gas pedal.
Ya know, I was using Green exclusively for months. I don't even remember what it was that made me switch to Fast. I think I was comparing lap times with a friend and he wanted to use Fast. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that Aris has said "To get the most accurate typical Nordschleife track conditions set track to Green and temperature to 10 degrees". It was something like that. Hopefully someone remembers exactly what he said.

Unfortunately, Lamborghini has decided to setup their cars for understeer, I'm guessing because the average Lambo driver (rich idiots who can't drive worth a crap) were wrapping them around trees too often. If you turn TC completely off in AC it's much easier to use the throttle to induce oversteer in turns. However, the AWD system doesn't exactly help matters. I'm sure all of this has made the Murcielago, Gallardo, Aventador and Huracan much, much easier to drive if you try to push it just a little bit in real life. The big downside is for sim racers like ourselves who have to work like heck to keep the front end from plowing.

Does anyone remember what was said about the Diablo when it first came out? How about the Diablo VT? Was the VT the beginning of understeer-city for Lamborghini's? I really wish we would be getting a Diablo or Diablo GT from Kunos in the future. :(

Unfortunately, Lamborghini has decided to setup their cars for understeer, I'm guessing because the average Lambo driver (rich idiots who can't drive worth a crap) were wrapping them around trees too often. If you turn TC completely off in AC it's much easier to use the throttle to induce oversteer in turns. However, the AWD system doesn't exactly help matters. I'm sure all of this has made the Murcielago, Gallardo, Aventador and Huracan much, much easier to drive if you try to push it just a little bit in real life. The big downside is for sim racers like ourselves who have to work like heck to keep the front end from plowing.

Does anyone remember what was said about the Diablo when it first came out? How about the Diablo VT? Was the VT the beginning of understeer-city for Lamborghini's? I really wish we would be getting a Diablo or Diablo GT from Kunos in the future. :(

I know, I was just being cheeky. Most cars are setup to understeer because the general driving population can't handle even the slightest bit of oversteer. In the Lambo's case, 2 tons + AWD is likely going to understeer by nature. Probably why I've never liked any of the virtual ones I've driven, except for the Miura.

I know, I was just being cheeky. Most cars are setup to understeer because the general driving population can't handle even the slightest bit of oversteer. In the Lambo's case, 2 tons + AWD is likely going to understeer by nature. Probably why I've never liked any of the virtual ones I've driven, except for the Miura.
Ferrari doesn't neuter their cars like Lamborghini, do they? I don't follow Ferrari very closely, but I can't say that I ever remember people complaining about them understeering like a Lambo does. You mention an excellent point. Cars like the Aventador are morbidly obese! :boggled:

Heheh, no such luck I'm afraid. :) It understeers quite heavily indeed. That's where the handbrake comes in handy.
At first I used only throttle and "flicked" the car, but I had to be quite voilent about it. It often resulted in too much power and not enough angle, at which point the understeer would kick in and ... hello sand trap.

Ferrari doesn't neuter their cars like Lamborghini, do they? I don't follow Ferrari very closely, but I can't say that I ever remember people complaining about them understeering like a Lambo does. You mention an excellent point. Cars like the Aventador are morbidly obese! :boggled:

I just meant cars in general. I don't think Ferraris are setup to understeer, but I don't know for sure.

AC certainly has room for improvement in the graphics department, and the filthy windscreens usually annoy me, but it's hard to argue that the graphics are anything but really good.

There was a hack you could do that put a clear windscreen on most of them, I tried it and liked it. But one of the big recent updates seemed to break it because now all my cars have dirty windscreens again.
Just bringing this up again ... That hack still works actually. I have only tested some of the files from the second post here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/clean-windshield.3877/page-5. And it works! You can copy some of those files to newer cars as well. But which files works where I have no idea. Just have to test.

There are also some files further down that page, for AC update 1.1. These work as well. I was able to get a clean windscreen in the McLaren 650 GT3 by copying the file from the McLaren MP-412C GT3. Maybe we should put this into the Tips and tricks thread. I'll just have to figure out which files go where first.

Btw, it seems Kunos started to use dashboard reflections on the windscreen as well, starting from ... well, around the Japanese pack I think. And they also made the dirt less visible and more subtle (Supra Time attack for example) from that point it seems. The best example I've seen so far is the new Maserati GT4. Start from the pits (practice mode) on Monza at 14:00 in clear weather. You will see the stripes on the dashboard reflected on the windscreen along with just a little bit of dirt. As you drive through Curva Grande it slowly fades away as the front of the car turns away from the sun.

Just bringing this up again ... That hack still works actually. I have only tested some of the files from the second post here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/clean-windshield.3877/page-5. And it works! You can copy some of those files to newer cars as well. But which files works where I have no idea. Just have to test.

There are also some files further down that page, for AC update 1.1. These work as well. I was able to get a clean windscreen in the McLaren 650 GT3 by copying the file from the McLaren MP-412C GT3. Maybe we should put this into the Tips and tricks thread. I'll just have to figure out which files go where first.

Btw, it seems Kunos started to use dashboard reflections on the windscreen as well, starting from ... well, around the Japanese pack I think. And they also made the dirt less visible and more subtle (Supra Time attack for example) from that point it seems. The best example I've seen so far is the new Maserati GT4. Start from the pits (practice mode) on Monza at 14:00 in clear weather. You will see the stripes on the dashboard reflected on the windscreen along with just a little bit of dirt. As you drive through Curva Grande it slowly fades away as the front of the car turns away from the sun.

Interesting. I had that hack applied but one of the updates (1.5 I think) reverted them all back to stock and I haven't tried to reapply it. I was told to do this at my own risk though because it's difficult/impossible to undo, so fair warning. It also removes a black strip from the top of the windscreen in some cars. If you unzip the whole package to the correct location it will apply it to all cars at once, I forget what the location is though.

I'm pretty sure I've seen dashboard reflections on the windscreen for some time, just depends on the lighting conditions. I could be wrong but I distinctly recall seeing some dashboard air vents being reflected in one of the cars.

Marco Massarutto posted a new photo teasing an other Porsche classic race car on his twitter account

CoUsyQdW8AEJ_DP.jpg

It was in Goodwood this year and You can see the car with the fan of the picture in the next video at second 0:49, the exact name of this Porsche race car is the 917/30(thanks to @DarthMosco for the name of the car)

1973_Porsche_917_CanAm_Spyder_02.jpg

Last edited:
Ya know, I was using Green exclusively for months. I don't even remember what it was that made me switch to Fast. I think I was comparing lap times with a friend and he wanted to use Fast. Don't quote me on this, but I'm pretty sure that Aris has said "To get the most accurate typical Nordschleife track conditions set track to Green and temperature to 10 degrees". It was something like that. Hopefully someone remembers exactly what he said.

15degrees and green for track day or fast for a race event

For reference take some scotch tape and touch the sticky bit, thats what a road feels like at silverstone after some lmp1, 2s and GTEs blast around it for 6 hours.

Aris did say that 100% grip is possible in reality but you would need great conditions with everyone using brushed slicks as they wear more then slicked slicks and the racing line would have to be spot on for around 1 hour. The easiest place to get very high levels of grip is just outside of a chicane, everyone hits the apex so the road just after that is pure rubber and whatever other gubbins michlin or pirelli have added.

I was told to do this at my own risk though because it's difficult/impossible to undo, so fair warning.
Hmmm, can you elaborate on that? All I know is that if I place the file in the skin folder the windscreen becomes clear, and if I remove it the dirt is back. I haven't noticed any side effects. But if there's something else going on behind the curtains then I'm not sure I want to use it myself.

I'm sure you are right in that the reflections have been there longer. I just recently started to race more with interior view, and changed FOV from 47 to 38. Have mostly been a hood view guy until now.

Hmmm, can you elaborate on that? All I know is that if I place the file in the skin folder the windscreen becomes clear, and if I remove it the dirt is back. I haven't noticed any side effects. But if there's something else going on behind the curtains then I'm not sure I want to use it myself.

I'm sure you are right in that the reflections have been there longer. I just recently started to race more with interior view, and changed FOV from 47 to 38. Have mostly been a hood view guy until now.

That must be different than how I was doing it, I think it buried several files in different folders that would basically just be a nightmare to hunt them all down and replace them. I forget, it's been a while since I did it.

That must be different than how I was doing it, I think it buried several files in different folders that would basically just be a nightmare to hunt them all down and replace them. I forget, it's been a while since I did it.

Nope it's the same thing you did. One file in each skin folder.

It's not that it's necessarily 'difficult' to remove them, it's just that it does it for every skin, for every car. So while it's basically a few clicks to install them, it would be about 1000 clicks to uninstall them.

Though now that I think about it I suppose you could run a Steam integrity check and it would remove them all at once. Why didn't I think of that before? :lol:

Wiz
Though now that I think about it I suppose you could run a Steam integrity check and it would remove them all at once. Why didn't I think of that before? :lol:
Remember that the integrity check doesn't remove any "foreign" files. It only verifies that the default files are there and leaves all other files alone. So assuming you have any car mods or have downloaded skins these will still be present after just running an integrity check.

But if you meant first delete the whole skin folder and then do an integrity check, then yes (that's what I think you meant). If you have mods then you would still have to single out the cars/skins in question and only delete them. If you don't have mods then you could simply delete the whole cars folder, but of course that could take some time to re-download.

I guess the easiest thing would be to use JSGME or write a script that copies/deletes the "hack" files for this mod. Then you would only have to do a huge job one time.

Marco Massarutto posted a new photo teasing an other Porsche classic race car on his twitter account

View attachment 570995
It was in Goodwood this year and You can see the car with the fan of the picture in the next video at second 0:49, the exact name of this Porsche race car is the 917/30(thanks to @DarthMosco for the name of the car)

View attachment 571000

I saw the beauty in person a couple months ago at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway Museum. :D

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Dat ass :drool:
image.jpeg

Some serious Porsche hype kicking in now. They have an incredible stable of cars to pick from and once we get the 919 Hybrid, 911 GT1 and RS Spyder trio as well I am happy.

Some serious Porsche hype kicking in now. They have an incredible stable of cars to pick from and once we get the 919 Hybrid, 911 GT1 and RS Spyder trio as well I am happy.

You may as well start getting happy because the 919 is in. I don't remember where I read and/or heard it, but it's in*.

*Until I remember/find where I heard this consider it tentative.

Yeah there was a few teasers of the ts040 floating around so many thought that would be next, they hit by unexpected news and then porsche took the win for the next dlc(and le mans(sorry))
You may as well start getting happy because the 919 is in. I don't remember where I read and/or heard it, but it's in*.

*Until I remember/find where I heard this consider it tentative.
the trailer kinda sorta gave it away by showing a model of the 2015 car ingame content.

325fdd686f944321af1db95dd7e93335.png

And then Marco the licensing god got in trouble for getting a little too close to the le mans winner

13423905_10206525950501473_2064455924355060619_n.jpg

We can also confirm that the car is in fact longer then the average human being, also filters suck, stop using them.

13717336_10206688306880281_5288496160056989217_o.jpg

Also can we take a minute to thank Lotus, they believed in the product when no one did, they gave kunos the tools to secure the BMW, Pagani, Ferrari, KTM and SCG licenses. More importantly they allowed the lucky sods to try the 2013 lotus elise before any of the jouralists.

Last edited:
Yeah there was a few teasers of the ts040 floating around so many thought that would be next, they hit by unexpected news and then porsche took the win for the next dlc(and le mans(sorry))

the trailer kinda sorta gave it away by showing a model of the 2015 car ingame content.

325fdd686f944321af1db95dd7e93335.png

And then Marco the licensing god got in trouble for getting a little too close to the le mans winner

13423905_10206525950501473_2064455924355060619_n.jpg

We can also confirm that the car is in fact longer then the average human being, also filters suck, stop using them.

13717336_10206688306880281_5288496160056989217_o.jpg

Also can we take a minute to take Lotus, they believed in the product when no one did, they gave kunos the tools to secure the BMW, Pagani, Ferrari, KTM and SCG licenses. More importantly they allowed the lucky sods to try the 2013 lotus elise before any of the jouralists.

lemans track was leaked/found?

Yeah there was a few teasers of the TS040 floating around so many thought that would be next, they hit by unexpected news and then porsche took the win for the next dlc(and le mans(sorry))
Damn, I missed those teasers. I'm looking forward to getting the 3 contemporary LMP1-H cars.

In Legendary tracks trailer was leaked the ring of Monza 1966. Might come in the future the "full course" version, what we have is "road" version.

In Legendary tracks trailer was leaked the ring of Monza 1966. Might come in the future the "full course" version, what we have is "road" version.
it will either come at launch of the console version(1.8 for pc) or as free content with 1.9.

What we can confirm is that its coming this year and its free content

it will either come at launch of the console version(1.8 for pc) or as free content with 1.9.

What we can confirm is that its coming this year and its free content
And it will be the land of my test of 250F 6 cylinders.
Oh by the way.... The 12 cylinders version... I drove it on Nordschleife... It was a nightmare, also considering that I used the "Old" tarmac condition, with 90% grip... 9:08.4 is the laptime in those conditions. I will post the link on the video thread when it will be ready, will take a long time.

Back