Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
And it will be the land of my test of 250F 6 cylinders.
Oh by the way.... The 12 cylinders version... I drove it on Nordschleife... It was a nightmare, also considering that I used the "Old" tarmac condition, with 90% grip... 9:08.4 is the laptime in those conditions. I will post the link on the video thread when it will be ready, will take a long time.
I haven't tried either on the Nordschleife yet, but off the top of my head I would think 9:08.xxx is a pretty good time - especially with Old track surface. I'm just comparing other more modern cars times in my head.

I haven't given either of them a ton of time, but I've done a fair amount of laps with each 250F on a few tracks and I think I like the 6 cylinder more than the 12 cylinder. Maybe I'm just not good enough to push the 12 cyl car? They're both like riding a bucking bronco! :lol:

I haven't tried either on the Nordschleife yet, but off the top of my head I would think 9:08.xxx is a pretty good time - especially with Old track surface. I'm just comparing other more modern cars times in my head.

I haven't given either of them a ton of time, but I've done a fair amount of laps with each 250F on a few tracks and I think I like the 6 cylinder more than the 12 cylinder. Maybe I'm just not good enough to push the 12 cyl car? They're both like riding a bucking bronco! :lol:
Best on Nordschleife with 250F 12 cylinders is something like 8:31 if I recall correctly, 37 seconds better... But they did on Optimal conditions, 100% grip. Consider losing around half a second each 1% grip decrease on a regular track, think on a 20km long one... And my lap had still quite a bunch of errors.

Replay is uploaded, but I wait a few time to link on the video thread, untill it gives me the "HD" symbol on video management. It was quite big, 2GB, will take awhile to elaborate on 1080p60 I think.

Best on Nordschleife with 250F 12 cylinders is something like 8:31 if I recall correctly, 37 seconds better... But they did on Optimal conditions, 100% grip. Consider losing around half a second each 1% grip decrease on a regular track, think on a 20km long one... And my lap had still quite a bunch of errors.

Replay is uploaded, but I wait a few time to link on the video thread, untill it gives me the "HD" symbol on video management. It was quite big, 2GB, will take awhile to elaborate on 1080p60 I think.
Zibiman must have really wanted that 8:31. I can see on RSR he had 4 completed laps and 30 invalid laps:lol:. I thought I was really struggling in the lap in my sig that gave me 13 invalid laps:odd:.

Zibiman must have really wanted that 8:31. I can see on RSR he had 4 completed laps and 30 invalid laps:lol:. I thought I was really struggling in the lap in my sig that gave me 13 invalid laps:odd:.
I've lost count of how many laps I aborted because of crashes and so restarting session (did on Hotlap mode, so that I didn't have to do the warmup lap from pits). But by doing this I never really seen the second part of the track, probably where I lost time mostly, excluding n1 reason is the low grip. I think I saw the part from Karrusel to finish line just 3 times, considering also the time I got 9:08.4.
Yes, because I always use 100% damage. If I crash, cannot check the track further more.

I've lost count of how many laps I aborted because of crashes and so restarting session (did on Hotlap mode, so that I didn't have to do the warmup lap from pits). But by doing this I never really seen the second part of the track, probably where I lost time mostly, excluding n1 reason is the low grip. I think I saw the part from Karrusel to finish line just 3 times, considering also the time I got 9:08.4.
Yes, because I always use 100% damage. If I crash, cannot check the track further more.
After so many crashes I don't abandon the bad laps and just keep going for that precise reason - have to see the rest of the track eventually and I don't want to be on a good lap and seeing the back half of the track for the first time:lol:. The first time I made it around the track without crashing I was so anxious about finishing the lap in the last few corners that I crashed out in the third last corner:ouch::(:(. 9:08 seems like a great time with that low grip. I did 9:06 in the 6 cylinder but that was under ideal conditions. Looking forward to seeing your lap:tup:👍

After so many crashes I don't abandon the bad laps and just keep going for that precise reason - have to see the rest of the track eventually and I don't want to be on a good lap and seeing the back half of the track for the first time:lol:. The first time I made it around the track without crashing I was so anxious about finishing the lap in the last few corners that I crashed out in the third last corner:ouch::(:(. 9:08 seems like a great time with that low grip. I did 9:06 in the 6 cylinder but that was under ideal conditions. Looking forward to seeing your lap:tup:👍
Replay is linked now on video thread. Good job on 6 cylinders lap, is that the best, if I recall correctly?

Replay is linked now on video thread. Good job on 6 cylinders lap, is that the best, if I recall correctly?
It was. I got pipped by a couple of seconds. Might have another go as I was thinking I left at least 5 seconds out there. Have to try the 12 cylinder as well. Great combination!

That was an incredibly informative stream with Marco! I even had some direct answers. So much information was given but here are the decent pieces I remember:

Maserati MC12 GT1 is in development. I cannot tell you how happy I am about this.
BMW M6 GT3 is due early 2017.
Toyota TS040 due Jan / Feb 2017 (My question).
No Circuit de la Sarthe in AC1. Probably for an AC2 with dynamic time (My question).
Tuscany and Scotland possible locations for fictional circuit like Black Cat County. I suggested Ireland and he said "Yeah, why not?".
24 Porsches across 3 packs instead of originally planned 2.
Season Pass possible for the 3 Porsche packs. Pack 1 due end of September.
Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 and 2016 will be included. I refuse to use the 2016 after what it did to my beloved Toyota. ;)
McLaren P1 GTR and 570S are confirmed.
Koenigsegg stopped replying to Kunos emails.
Suzuka licence cost unrealistically expensive.
No Aston Martin due to licence cost.
A couple of new manufacturers due in 2017.
Lotus 3-Eleven confirmed.
After a year of negotiations Kunos are close to a deal with a circuit. Announcement could come soon. Ideas? COTA?

Last edited:
I just finished watching the stream, so many questions answered, 24 porsches, they said no to Maserati last year, no plans for Lancia currently ( booo). Plans for the Alfa Giulia, trying to get Koenisegg, Mclaren P1 gtr and the 570s coming. M6 gt3 coming in 2017. Worth watching from when Marco comes on as there's a lot I cant remember.

That was an incredibly informative stream with Marco! I even had some direct answers. So much information was given but here are the decent pieces I remember:

Maserati MC12 GT1 is in development. I cannot tell you how happy I am about this.
No Circuit de la Sarthe in AC1. Probably for an AC2 with dynamic time (My question).
Tuscany and Scotland possible locations for fictional circuit like Black Cat County. I suggested Ireland and he said "Yeah, why not?".
Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 and 2016 will be included.
No Aston Martin due due to licence cost.
MC12 oh yeeeeeah!!!

Me too, that engine sound in Shift 2 was awesome.

Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 and 2016 will be included.
Too bad Suzuka isn't possible, it would be a great addition imo.
TS040 & 919 Hybrid are great news, any word on the Audi R18 etron quattro?

AC currently has a pretty good selection of cars, the upcoming cars will make the game even better. I still think AC could have a better selection of modern open-wheel & LMPs.
Hopefully there will be more tracks in the near future.

FS7
Me too, that engine sound in Shift 2 was awesome.

Too bad Suzuka isn't possible, it would be a great addition IMO.
TS040 & 919 Hybrid are great news, any word on the Audi R18 e-tron quattro?

AC currently has a pretty good selection of cars, the upcoming cars will make the game even better. I still think AC could have a better selection of modern open-wheel & LMPs.
Hopefully there will be more tracks in the near future.
The Maserati MC12 GT1 was the only reason I bought Shift 2. The noise was astonishing!

The 2014 Audi R18 e-tron quattro is in development too. Hopefully it will come with the 2014 Toyota TS040 just after Christmas.

I haven't driven an MC12 since PGR4! Loooong time. And I assume far from accurate handling lol. Cannot wait for this to drop. The car list in this game looks very good, and with 20+ Porsches coming it's only going to get better.

The way he just casually said the MC12 is in development, also the Ferrari Enzo will probably never come to AC as Marco said he doesn't like it and that's why it is not in. Also said if they get another Ferrari in he promised Stefano it would be a GTO

The way he just casually said the MC12 is in development, also the Ferrari Enzo will probably never come to AC as Marco said he doesn't like it and that's why it is not in. Also said if they get another Ferrari in he promised Stefano it would be a GTO

Marco should listen to the fans when it comes cars. Anyway, please make the GTO the 288.

Porsche 919 Hybrid 2015 and 2016 will be included. I refuse to use the 2016 after what it did to my beloved Toyota. ;)

that tuscany location could very well be this..luccaring...nice work on the lowdown today

I hope they add tracks with each dlc release going forward...can never have enough...

http://www.virtualr.net/luccaring-street-circuit-ac-new-previews

Last edited:
Marco should listen to the fans when it comes cars. Anyway, please make the GTO the 288.

Nope its been a thing since they started, in the words of the devs they want to enjoy what they do, they want to drive what they dreamed of when they were little. Assetto corsa is a tribute to them before us. If i remember correctly this was followed by a lot of apologising. Luckily they have extremely good taste, if they had a bigger budget then i imagine this sort of thing may change.

After a year of negotiations Kunos are close to a deal with a circuit. Announcement could come soon. Ideas? COTA?
These are actual answers?!! You see Kaz? I like how this guy simply answers questions : yes/no.

Kunos are just like yo dawg heard you like bombshells, bet you are missing those bombshells that clarkson used to provide. Well worry not we licensed those bombshells

Then they proceed to throw everything at us. Give the GT sport article writers a break. They dont need RSI as the free content for 1.8

I want a wheel now. Haha.
If you can afford it, get it. This is the game for a wheel. The review absolutely nailed it, so much so that I could have written it myself. For me it's the best driving experience of all the games I've played, so good that I am able to overlook it's shortcomings and not even care.

anyone see stefanos stream today? someone asked about future tracks and he said the obv silverstone classic. however, when he later got marco on, marco said another new track is expected to come as they are close to a license deal. he said he couldnt say the track, but in a recent poll he made, lots of people will be happy. does anyone know where this poll is located

Back