Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I hope the subject wasn't logic. :lol:
(should I get my coat?)

lol it wasnt...i was just in a rush because your daughter wanted my attention...didnt think you guys/ girls wouldbe this anal..specially when it was a comment to someone else...lol..
Hell-yeah-GIF.gif

ldidnt think you guys/ girls wouldbe this anal..specially when it was a comment to someone else...lol..

Not trying to be anal. A new track coming to AC is a pretty big deal, so I was just trying to clarify to clear up any confusion, lest people falsely get their hopes up.

Not trying to be anal. A new track coming to AC is a pretty big deal, so I was just trying to clarify to clear up any confusion, lest people falsely get their hopes up.

You weren't at all. It was to misses pensa who does have a knack for being rather strict about proper grammar (in all forums), and her white knight, I mean Whitestar who came to her rescue.
2309365-johstewartboom.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You weren't at all. It was to misses pensa who does have a knack for being rather strict about proper grammar (in all forums), and her white knight, I mean Whitestar who came to her rescue.
2309365-johstewartboom.gif

While it would be more than appropriate for me to "boom" you with an infraction, I won't. Whether or not Johnnypenso is being anal about something you agreed to when joining this site is immaterial. If you feel it crosses a line you can report it and have the staff address it.

Do not address anyone else like this again, and it would be in your best interest to improve your posting habits because the next warning won't be as polite.

While it would be more than appropriate for me to "boom" you with an infraction, I won't. Whether or not Johnnypenso is being anal about something you agreed to when joining this site is immaterial. If you feel it crosses a line you can report it and have the staff address it.

Do not address anyone else like this again, and it would be in your best interest to improve your posting habits because the next warning won't be as polite.

thanks,... i will be sure to check my capitalization before every post going forward... and thanks for capitalizing my forum posts on my behalf...

Last edited:
You weren't at all. It was to misses pensa who does have a knack for being rather strict about proper grammar (in all forums).

He's only strict about it because that's the rules of GTPlanet, and we all agreed to the rules when we signed up for an account here. Better to get a reminder from him than from a Mod who has access to the ban-hammer. ;) Trust me, he's one of the friendliest and most helpful members on this board (he's Canadian after all).

@damadmoneyman: I assure you my post was only meant as light banter. I apologize if it came across as anything else.

cool man..dont worry

perhaps the next two tracks will be non euro tracks...no trails as to which... this was to the audio guy and stefano

reply fronn the tweet says it was a joke..referring to brands hach and silverstone no longer european....#brexit

Last edited:
Any explanaton why?
Was there another reset after the last AC update? Anyhow with physics and tyre models being tweaked and optimized all the time, it is logical that there is a reset i suppose. Must be a bummer if you spend days trying to get the top spot on any given leaderboard.

Was there another reset after the last AC update? Anyhow with physics and tyre models being tweaked and optimized all the time, it is logical that there is a reset i suppose. Must be a bummer if you spend days trying to get the top spot on any given leaderboard.
I'm actually glad they reset times and I had a few times with 50 attempts on them each, I hate when I'm chasing a time that wasn't even done with the same physics model.

Potrero de los Funes would be a beautiful addition, especially with the MC12 GT1 on the way, but I think the possibility of it appearing is extremely low. Marco was saying circuits which are not well known will sell less, which makes sense, and are therefore less likely to make the cut.
Just curious: do you know if that track is still in use? Wiki is a little outdated it seems. I did find this: "After the demise of GT1, the circuit reverted to hosting top level national events and has been a popular fixture on the local racing scene ever since. When the world economy recovers, there is little doubt the the track by the lake will once again attract further international attention - it is simply too good to remain unnoticed."

Super TC2000 used to race there which is one of the most popular series in Argentina. Last race I remember was 2014. WTCC has returned to Argentina this year so who knows what it will bring for the future.

Just curious: do you know if that track is still in use? Wiki is a little outdated it seems. I did find this: "After the demise of GT1, the circuit reverted to hosting top level national events and has been a popular fixture on the local racing scene ever since. When the world economy recovers, there is little doubt the the track by the lake will once again attract further international attention - it is simply too good to remain unnoticed."

there was a disagreement between san luis government (prob money ) and the promoters of FIA which led to the cancellations of races there..
http://edant.ole.com.ar/notas/2009/03/13/automovilismo/01876380.html

argentinian races are still going on...top race v6 in november this year...all else looks like not racing here this year...again govt wanting their money likely
http://www.topraceoficial.com/calendario/

here is a good article
http://jalopnik.com/5895125/this-racetrack-is-in-the-middle-of-an-extinct-volcano

there was a disagreement between san luis government (prob money ) and the promoters of FIA which led to the cancellations of races there..
http://edant.ole.com.ar/notas/2009/03/13/automovilismo/01876380.html

argentinian races are still going on...top race v6 in november this year...all else looks like not racing here this year...again govt wanting their money likely
http://www.topraceoficial.com/calendario/

here is a good article
http://jalopnik.com/5895125/this-racetrack-is-in-the-middle-of-an-extinct-volcano
Good stuff. The location is beautiful. I remember wanting to have this in GT6. Would be even better in AC.

Next "summer special streaming look wat the cat hacked in" with Stefano Casillo in two days...let's see what the dev talks about this time.. Surely about 1.8 update, console realese and next DLC's.

Well...I'm f'ed. Yesterday I tripped over some of the wires I have hanging off of my little TV tray where my wheel is mounted, along with an HDMI cable that runs from my laptop to my LCD TV. The wire that goes right into the back of my DFGT ripped out of the wheel, my $2500 laptop got pulled off this little padded office chair I have pulled up to the side of my recliner that I sit in when driving so I can have it close to me while in AC. Thank God it dropped onto a padded carpet. The headphone port on my laptop is completely broken now and my wheel is dead. I'm hoping that wire can be repaired - I mean, why not? Unfortunately, I'm completely useless with that kind of stuff.

The reason I'm most upset is because I know I'm going to miss the 1.8 release and I'll purchase the new DLC, but I won't be able to drive it. If my wheel is beyond repair (it was already on life support) I don't know WTF I'll do. I'm in a terrible financial situation right now and I stupidly just made a few other pricey purchases that can't be returned. I'm not going to waste money on buying a cheap used wheel. I'm going to want a new wheel and I feel so ghetto for not being able to spend money right now. PRO TIP: Don't ever have a liver transplant, if you can avoid it. They're not cheap! ;) :lol: LOL!!

Well...I'm f'ed. Yesterday I tripped over some of the wires I have hanging off of my little TV tray where my wheel is mounted, along with an HDMI cable that runs from my laptop to my LCD TV. The wire that goes right into the back of my DFGT ripped out of the wheel, my $2500 laptop got pulled off this little padded office chair I have pulled up to the side of my recliner that I sit in when driving so I can have it close to me while in AC. Thank God it dropped onto a padded carpet. The headphone port on my laptop is completely broken now and my wheel is dead. I'm hoping that wire can be repaired - I mean, why not? Unfortunately, I'm completely useless with that kind of stuff.

The reason I'm most upset is because I know I'm going to miss the 1.8 release and I'll purchase the new DLC, but I won't be able to drive it. If my wheel is beyond repair (it was already on life support) I don't know WTF I'll do. I'm in a terrible financial situation right now and I stupidly just made a few other pricey purchases that can't be returned. I'm not going to waste money on buying a cheap used wheel. I'm going to want a new wheel and I feel so ghetto for not being able to spend money right now. PRO TIP: Don't ever have a liver transplant, if you can avoid it. They're not cheap! ;) :lol: LOL!!
sorry i feel like a seriously bad person saying this but my granddad got a liver transplant free via nhs. ive seen several people make the move to the UK wait until they are certified citizens and then get medical treatment and then bugger off back to the US.

Sadly i cant help you with the wheel as i dont know the extent of the damage and there are a lot of bespoke parts in those things.

I heard a while back that you can get usd to 3.5mm for audio. Not sure if it works but if you need that then you can use it.

I suggest maybe trying a controller, its surprisingly good and way cheaper, just grab a used ps4 or xb360 controller, there are a ton on ebay or craigslist. its not optimal however with a bit of practise you will be quite fast and you will not miss anything

So it wasn't just me having a rubbish day yesterday - All within the same hour, Windows corrupted itself (after hours of attempted repairs and CMD commands later, it still won't boot but everything says it's fine!), the 2 month old tumble dryer died already and the washing machine ripped a hole in itself.

PRO TIP: Don't ever have a liver transplant, if you can avoid it. They're not cheap! ;) :lol: LOL!!

At least there is still one benefit to living in the UK I guess. That's some real tough luck, hope your situation is a lot better soon.

PRO TIP: Don't ever have a liver transplant, if you can avoid it. They're not cheap! ;) :lol: LOL!!
I feel for you, i had a kidney transplant myself 6 years ago. Apparently i'm a lucky guy to live here in Belgium, because it costs me nothing. We have a very good healthcare here.

Back