Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
As usual, a certain website (and some people) complains about the latest DLC where you can't race the Ferrari F1s against other cars. It's just stupid when it's the same case with the Ferrari F1s in GT5. It's the FIA being their usual pain-in-the-behind, not Kunos/Ferrari's fault. Some people really need to chill.
Ah ok. He should give them an interview then as that's how Ian Bell got them to kiss his arse :D

Ah ok. He should give them an interview then as that's how Ian Bell got to kiss PRC arse :D

FTFY.

From the article :

But have we tried to change the identity of this place a bit, and open up a line of contact with a few different developers? Yes, we most certainly have. Back when we first got up and running in the spring of 2015, Kunos Simulazioni were what you could call “closet supporters” of this place, and we reached a point where a text interview had actually been pretty far along in the works, but they eventually declined to send their completed interview questions due to how the community would potentially react to them conversing with PRC.net on amicable terms – it would raise a few red flags. Most recently, another text interview was in the works with Sector 3 Studios, but again things failed to materialize. I can’t really fault them for this one, as they are busy as **** behind the scenes, and it shows in the sheer volume of content they’re continuing to add to their simulator.

So obviously, judging by the title of this entry, the last person I expected to play ball with us and commit to any sort of interview would be Ian Bell of Slightly Mad Studios. We’ve ripped apart his game. We’ve ripped apart the marketing tactics used to promote the game. We’ve ripped apart him. At this point, Mr. Bell has absolutely no obligation to tell us anything other than to **** off, and yet he’s the first major developer to publicly give us the time of day. Now I’m obviously not a big fan of the guy, and I’m not a big fan of Project CARS – or any of the work created by Slightly Mad Studios for that matter – but for him to take the time out of his presumably busy schedule and answer ten fairly difficult questions for the readers of PRC.net is an incredibly cool move. For a brief moment in time, we’re going to temporarily push aside all of the ugliness and work together to bring the sim racing community an interview that will answer many questions sim racers around the world have been desperate to know the answers to. This one’s for you guys.

First he threw his private phone nr on the blog whilst calling him a teenage stalker girl. So going from that to 'Mr. Bell' and praising him for the opportunity is quite an evolution.

Anyway why am i even responding to this :rolleyes:

Porsche 935...

it will be nice if they add
Circuit de la Sarthe to one of the porsche dlcs

lorenzo-xuat-sac-pha-ky-luc-tai-le-mans.jpg

Why are Kunos not makinga big enough deal out of the drag strip? In GT5 lobbies were full of make-do drag strips, theres surely a few more sales to be had with the drag strip but its not in one single video. Kunos missinga trick here.

Why are Kunos not makinga big enough deal out of the drag strip? In GT5 lobbies were full of make-do drag strips, theres surely a few more sales to be had with the drag strip but its not in one single video. Kunos missinga trick here.

PC players seem to not really care about drag racing I guess, I can't recall one time ever seeing it even mentioned in any AC thread/forum/discussion. I generally forget it exists, I've never loaded it and can't imagine I ever will.

I'm so excited to try out the Porsche 935... It's one of my favourite cars ever and I can't wait to see the completed model.

Same here but I'm a bit worried about the livery. Nothing beats the Martini Racing 935, but such brands rarely make their way into racing games. I do remember seeing Carlsberg logos in Fifa, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Same here but I'm a bit worried about the livery. Nothing beats the Martini Racing 935, but such brands rarely make their way into racing games. I do remember seeing Carlsberg logos in Fifa, so I'm not really sure what the problem is.

Nothing a skin mod won't fix. And you bet it'll be probably one of the first liveries to make it's way into the game via a mod.

IMO, they need to implement staging and burnout tyre heating if they really want the drag racing scene to take off. Grid Autosport is halfway there, and they even have Funny Cars and Hot Rods. The difficulty and fun in drag racing comes from the preparation and getting your reaction times on point. If you're just mashing the gas going straight a la GT5 make-do lobbies then AC isn't really offering anything new.

Corollary to that, would also be awesome if AC implements D1/Formula D style drift scoring events. Scores for speed, angle and how close you can get to clipping point and the car in front. Not like GT's artificial scoring system.

Basically, I'd like AC to cover every motorsport branch. No need official licenses (they are a waste of money and in most cases limit what you can do).
- Road cars (I think we're pretty well covered here)
- Touring cars (need to diversify e.g. BTCC, DTM, Super GT, V8SC)
- Endurace/prototypes (need more LMPs)
- Open wheel (need Indycar and some lower level formulas F3/GP2)
- Drag (need extras as described above)
- Drift (need extras as described above)
- Rally (some mods already tried to implement this, probably won't come until AC2 though)
- NASCAR (why not lol)
- Dirt track racing (sprint cars and late models)
- Trophy trucks (with JUMPS :D)
- Hillclimbs (Pikes Peak)

Anything else I've missed?

So, now that they changed power/torque curve distribution on SF15-T, can someone say me where is the optimal moment to shift-up gears? On release date it was at the end of red dots, now is worth to light up at least a couple of white ones?

So, now that they changed power/torque curve distribution on SF15-T, can someone say me where is the optimal moment to shift-up gears? On release date it was at the end of red dots, now is worth to light up at least a couple of white ones?

Probably not, the real cars shift around 12k rpm due to fuel flow regulations so that's where engines are set to make the most power. You'll see your boost drop off if you rev much higher than that. I don't know for sure that nothing has changed but I doubt it's anything too drastic.

My next hotlap attempt will be Ferrari 488 GT3 at Imola. I'm going to try a more "realistic" grip situation by setting the "Fast" tarmac condition, with 97% grip. Compared to the "Optimal" one everybody hotlapping, how much I'm supposed to lose?
Also, which laptime should I get compared to? The 1.7 times which are faster or the slower but more recent 1.7.3/.4? I noticed this laptime discrepancy between patches only on Imola, so it might be just coincidence. Note that I will take the laptime as reference while adding the "grip handicap" (so, reference laptime + x.x seconds as true limit).

I always drive on the 'Fast' surface setting or lower. 'Optimal' is just too damn gippy in my opinion. Now, maybe real tarmac can behave the way Optimal does, but I'll bet it is very, very rare. I believe that people should drive on whichever setting they prefer - who am I to judge? But personally...I want the road to feel worn.

Theorically, tarmac conditions are:

Legend:
Tarmac condition - average starting % grip - description

Optimal - 100 - It's a perfect grip condition. Although is rare, we can assume to find this one at the end of a Formula 1 race or mid-way of an Endurance race (after 3 hours) in the case no one brings back gravel and/or dust on the track from the outside.

Fast - 97 - The track got a good amount of rubber on it. It is the situation we would find in the Saturday's qualify session and at the start of the race.

Green - 95 - The track is clear, but with low-to-none rubber. This should be the situation we find in Friday's Free Practice in a well-used track, or after a rain shower which cleaned the track from both dust and rubber.

Slow - 93 - The track have low grip and improves slowly. This is the situation I would most likely to find in city tracks like Monaco, Melbourne, Indycar's temporary tracks, etc. where the track should be suited not only to bring on racing cars, but also be solid and safe for everyday traffic. This means also that rubber will take awhile to set on the track, this is the reason it improves at slow rate. Still, 93% starting grip should be considered as "Green" situation for this kind of tarmac.

Old - 89 - The track has very low grip and not improves over time. This type of tarmac was used on old tracks, so I might use this on vintage tracks like Monza 1966, expecially if they will bring here the "full course" version, featuring also the ring. The fact it not improves might be referred to 2 factors: 1st is that corners were usually built with cement or concrete, which are not properly the same as tarmac on being the bed of rubber; 2nd is the fact that vintage tires didn't release themselves a lot of rubber on the track.

Dusty - 85 - The track is on terrible conditions, but improves a lot. It is the possible situation of a track in the middle of the desert where they race just 1-2 times per year. After 10 months of unuse there will be a layer of dust which avoid tires to touch properly to the ground, somehow similar to a very light version of aquaplaning. It improves fast because with just a few laps most of this dust will be ripped apart and send on the outside of the track.

Considering this, I might think that for online servers there are possible solution to create "wet" conditions even if we don't have the rain weather options. My suggestions are:
- 85% for intermediate condition;
- 80% for wet condition;
- 75% for heavy wet condition, close to the release of Safety Car.

About my lap is now uploaded to Youtube, gonna post on Video Thread. Set a lap just 1.7s from the world record, with 98% grip and a quite warm temperature conditions which were overheating tires. Considering both of these and that my lap is still not perfect (lost 0.20 on first sector and then probably same over the rest of the lap), I am satisfied of that.

Guys, turn off TC and give the Aventador SV a good spin. I'm having so much fun with it. You can almost go backwards into a turn and still come out the right way, hahah. :lol: It's quite awesome. :cheers:
Make sure you map an easily accessible button for the handbrake. Makes it much easier to get the back out.

Back