Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Roughly have the GT-R figured out now, still fairly weird to drive, but at least I now have the speed. Lapped the Nordschleife in 7:18.

But I also decided to give the GT-R, 86 and Miura a spin on Trento, and holy 🤬 is the GT86 fun on this track. But the GT-R also makes a lot of fun, especially when you launch out of the hairpins like a rocket ship :lol:

Has anyone else noticed, that the Miura doesn't really like fast shifting, not to mention the heel-toeing has to be done quite slowly and delicately too. Pretty neat if it was intentional.

I don't know when the update dropped, but I played at around 1PM. Has the handling changed?

Yeah. This is what was changed.

- Reduced Nissan GTR Nismo low speed oddities
- Nissan GT-R Nismo corrected typo bugs from suspension alignment.
- Nissan GT-R Nismo different damper settings.
- Fixed some skin names who were shown as "0 name"
- Renamed Audi sport quattro red skin to behave as default skin.
- Fixed "Touring cars battle" special event who was not shown in the list
- Fixed F40 door sound in showroom (both variants)
- Fixed AI choosing to go back to pit on last lap if running out of fuel
- Server forced virtual mirror off is now ignored when Oculus is used
- Corrected McLaren MP4 12C GT3 aero map to be slightly more rear bias.
- Fixed Zandvoort track map.

I've had a brief go since the update, not enough to get in to each car properly or really experience the new track properly yet, but I did do a bit of experimenting with the brake rotor glow. I really like the feature, makes replays look better :) I think it's a little too pronounced, as in it comes on a bit early I think, but it's still awesome.

It feels a little more predictable now but I wouldn't necessarily call it a night and day difference.

Unless someone was having a little bit of a tough time getting along with it at, say, Zandvoort.

I posted it in the wrong thread, but I'm just going to repeat it here.

I still don't like the way the GT-R drives, just weird in so many ways. But that GT86, it's a gift of the sim gods. I'm absolutely in love :lol:

I posted it in the wrong thread, but I'm just going to repeat it here.

I still don't like the way the GT-R drives, just weird in so many ways. But that GT86, it's a gift of the sim gods. I'm absolutely in love :lol:

I can't get the road Nismo arround the corners. I like the blow off valve sound though. But just love the behaviour of the GT86.

A short review on the update by empty box, gives an idea on what has changed and what to expect from the update. The AI can always be better, but as they stand they are more than respectable. I wish we could mix them with online players to complete the grid in MP with drivers actually able to complete more than one lap without getting off the track.:mischievous:

I finally got some time to play tonight. After reading some of the comments on the Nismo I wasn't expecting too much as I put it through it's paces but I have to differ with some of you in saying that I think the car is superb. You can easily get the back end out using weight transfer and with the throttle in 2nd and 3rd gear and even 4th gear on corners like Arrabbiata2 (corner 9) where you crest a rise and the back end gets light. A little understeer on exit unless you get the back end loose seems perfectly normal for this car. It's a bit of a wild beast at Zandvoort but that's to be expected with high speeds, no downforce, a bumpy and undulating track and less than race tire grip. Rob Slotemakerbocht (corner 5) was absolutely hairy, as you are going flat out in 5th gear, cresting a rise and the back end gets away from you if you don't steer just right and turn at the right time. Braking for the next corner, Scheiviak, is extremely difficult as you have to get the car planted and the wheel straightened in a hurry after the previous corner. All in all it was great fun:bowdown:

Hi, I lshare a link where you can preview of an improvement in the "softness" of the clutch. As "Stefano" said, probably coming in version 1.3 . Enjoy!!

Look from 9:15 mark onwards.

Just a question in general about the Nismo. Those of you who tested it, do you use the factory settings? Or do you turn off TC and/or ABS?
I have only driven it with everything off except ABS@factory. Will test with all factory settings when I get home today.

Btw, there's an interesting thread on the official forums with some impressive videos in it: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-gt-r-nismo-supposed-to-be-this-drifty.25492/

Btw2, Stefano just tweeted this: https://twitter.com/KunosStefano/status/628521492825817089

So it looks like there is something a bit off with the Nismo after all.

Last edited:
- Fixed acd files reading wrong values creating problems with 4WD (possibly other cars)
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo fuel tank capacity
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo auto clutch assist engagement
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo weight figure on Interface spech data description (does not affect physics)
- Corrected Nissan GT-R Nismo skins' names.
- Added skin template for Audi Sport quattro
- Improved Audi Sport quattro skins
- Fixed Alfa Giulietta argento skin
- Fixed BMW Z4 red skin
- Corrected low fuel consumption for Lamborghini Miura, adjusted for the rest of the bonus pack cars
- Corrected Audi Sport quattro S1 turbo pressure dial
- Added DAMPER_MIN_LEVEL in assetto_corsa.ini to allow for some residual FF damping once the car is moving (default is 0)
- Small tweak to relaxation length variation vs tyre load
- Corrected Abarth 500 and S1 semislicks tyre heating and small corrections in alignment and bumpstops
- Fixed ghost car
- Corrected Alfa Romeo 155 DTM setup antiroll bar missing, plus some minor adjustments in suspension geometry and differentials
- Added ksBrakeDisc shader to allow modders to implement glowing brakes
- Removed log messages for Python function "getTexture" because some python app dev thought: "Hey, what a nice function! I will call it every frame instead of caching the result" resulting in >60mb logs and stuttering and 10 years less in the life expectance of the AC support guys :lol:

Early reports suggest the Nismo's handling is improved.

Early reports suggest the Nismo's handling is improved.
I drove it quite a bit on Zandvoort last night and just now after the update. I didn't notice any difference and lap times were identical. Then again, I didn't think there was anything wrong or off about it before the update either:sly:

Part 1 of 3 for the Bonus pack. Posting it here because we check out the GTR. My colleague wanted to drive it so we let him. He wasn't too happy at the end of it. Took it for a spin myself and there is something just not right about it. But it is fun, in a bad way. 1.2.2 seems to have made it ever so slightly more grippy on entry though, I think anyway!

@ECGadget Your ffb level setting is creating clipping. Every time the fourth meter goes red the wheel is clipping, and reducing the detail delivered.

Maybe you're aware, but I thought I'd point it out just in case.

@ECGadget Your ffb level setting is creating clipping. Every time the fourth meter goes red the wheel is clipping, and reducing the detail delivered.

Maybe you're aware, but I thought I'd point it out just in case.

Thanks for that, I am aware, just have not got around to actually tuning it! Any tips?

Thanks for that, I am aware, just have not got around to actually tuning it! Any tips?

A lot of the cars will need different levels. In the main menu section - set a global ffb number suitable for the car(s) with the lightest ffb (don't know which one off hand, but the new 86 is pretty light for example). Don't be afraid to set it a bit higher than perfect, because each will be adjusted individually anyway. Then - go to the tuning menu for a selected car (once you're in the pre-drive menu on track) and adjust that car's specific ffb level so that when driving, the grey bar never quite goes red (I tend to ignore it going red on rumble strips though). This car specific setting will be a percentage of the global setting. Repeat, repeat, repeat, for all the other cars.

It should make a huge difference for some of the cars with heavier ffb.

A lot of the cars will need different levels. In the main menu section - set a global ffb number suitable for the car(s) with the lightest ffb (don't know which one off hand, but the new 86 is pretty light for example). Don't be afraid to set it a bit higher than perfect, because each will be adjusted individually anyway. Then - go to the tuning menu for a selected car (once you're in the pre-drive menu on track) and adjust that car's specific ffb level so that when driving, the grey bar never quite goes red (I tend to ignore it going red on rumble strips though). This car specific setting will be a percentage of the global setting. Repeat, repeat, repeat, for all the other cars.

It should make a huge difference for some of the cars with heavier ffb.

Brilliant! Thank you for that, I'll do that asap

The Formula Renault should be original content. It's the best car in the game in my opinion and I generally don't use Formula cars. It's that good.

New update! Version 1.2.3. Here is the changelog list:

- Added MAX_BALLAST_KG to server_cfg.ini (defaults to 100Kg if the value is not there)
- 4WD cars now behave better at very low speed
- New ABS code won't allow individual wheel braking and improves stability and directionality
- Fixed clutch remaining unlocked at high speeds in some occasions generating engine "stutters"
- Fixed tyre blankets not working in HotLap and other oddities
- Nissan GT-R new central active diff logic
- Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres
- Corrected brake balance for some cars that had heavy oversteering problems under braking
- Various memory optimizations to allow more cars to be used
- Fixed FPS cap to allow precise FPS selection. Please reset your values from the launcher
- Fixed Alfa Romeo 155 autoclutch range for 1st gear starts
- Tweaked tyres skid pitch, especially for race cars with slicks
- acServerManager : added "Create Manager Package" to use this tool on remote machines
- acServerManager : some performance improvements
- acServerManager : added "External Server" to run multiple servers on the same PC.
- acServerManager : weather settings are no more limited to 3

Anyone that has proven to give their impressions??

1.2.4 Changelog

- Fixed Mercedes SLS GT3 Hard Tyre short name
– Fixed high resolution timer disable notification filling the log
– Improved ABS, cars will now have correct braking distances while braking on a straight line.
– Changed all electronics.ini files with updated frequencies for ABS and TC for all cars.
We advice modders to use RATE_HZ=250 and SLIP_RATIO_LIMIT= from 0.14 to 0.20 for optimum ABS, also use higher frequencies for TC
– Changed brakes.ini for various cars to improve braking.
– Experimental aero ride height values and stalling on Pagani Zonda R, Huayra and Ferrari 599XX to better simulate what happens in extreme curves like Eau Rouge
– Corrected Mercedes Benz 190E DTM steer rod ackerman geometry
– Adjusted Steer ratio on Lotus Exos and Exos S1
– 3D driver preload animation starts earlier on 458 GT2
– Up to 27% more placebo effect

I get that it's a joke, but I must be missing the humor behind it or something. Anyone care to fill me in ?

The GT86 is amazing, kind of makes me want to buy one in real life....

Makes me pine for a "regular" sports car and hot coupe/hatch update. Honda and Mazda comes to mind. Mmmmm S2000....mmmm Integra Type R......mmmm RX-7.

While I agree with the gist of his post (I also belong to the camp of driving > racing), the complaints of multiplayer and AI needs to be taken seriously if they want to succeed in their console release. I am quite happy for AC to stay as a small scope game with only driving as its selling point. But in 2015 people will judge a racing game against GT, Forza, PCARS and the like. Having one bullet point isn't going to make the game, even if it's perfect. Clearly they are struggling a bit to develop non-driving aspects of the game. I wonder if they are considering hiring people who are experts in coding AI and online, instead of trying to do all in house. I know they are a small company too, which makes the problem even harder unfortunately.

Keep pushing Kunos! I know you guys can do it!

Back