Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Brake Gamma is at minimum setting which is at 1.00.

I have checked that my pedal registers all the through, just doesn't translate that way in game

In logitech profiler, click on brake, then click 'axis properties'
Adjust the sensitivity to 0%

It's definitely not aimed at the casual track creator, as explained by the dev. Also curious how these tracks will actually feel and look in AC as compared to the editor.

There's a video on the Steam page that shows how the editor works and how the tracks look in the editor. When you export it to AC, it's going to look different because it's then rendered in AC's rendering engine. The page mentions something about shaders, etc. to make it look the same, but I'm still curious what the differences are.

My pedal issue seems to have fixed itself. M

This has probably been asked before, but what is the best site to get mods at?
I normally only download them from the AC official site and Racedepartment although I'm sure there is other sites just as good for mods.

GT is in weird spot now where the physics are too hard for a casual gamer, but too forgiving for those seeking true simulation. There are some people who prefer something in between, but they usually go to Codemasters' Grid because the racing is better. If AC can get its car and track count to at least half of GT, it will render Gran Turismo obsolete IMO.
If physics is an issue then AC will probably be worse for more casual gamers than the GT series. The car count in AC will not be even 1/4 that of GT's premiums, let alone half. AC will be a niche game with a loyal following is my guess.

If physics is an issue then AC will probably be worse for more casual gamers than the GT series. The car count in AC will not be even 1/4 that of GT's premiums, let alone half. AC will be a niche game with a loyal following is my guess.
Once AC moves over to both consoles, it should be interesting to see what happens to the traditional flow of "go to PC if the consoles aren't hardcore simulation enough for you".

Personally once AC is over to the PS4 along with DiRT Rally I'll consider dismounting my PC wheel rig and permanently mounting my HOTAS instead. The console will become my racing platform for 95% of my racing needs, I can happily give up that last 5%.

Yes, I'd miss the better AC mods, yes I'd lose access to my occasional iRacing or Raceroom jaunt, but once I have GT7, AC and the new batch of modern rally sims on PS4 I'll be pretty much sorted.

Once AC moves over to both consoles, it should be interesting to see what happens to the traditional flow of "go to PC if the consoles aren't hardcore simulation enough for you".

Personally once AC is over to the PS4 along with DiRT Rally I'll consider dismounting my PC wheel rig and permanently mounting my HOTAS instead. The console will become my racing platform for 95% of my racing needs, I can happily give up that last 5%.

Yes, I'd miss the better AC mods, yes I'd lose access to my occasional iRacing or Raceroom jaunt, but once I have GT7, AC and the new batch of modern rally sims on PS4 I'll be pretty much sorted.
I always thought you have a man cave with multiple rigs lol. I'm surprise no mention of Simvibe and better VR on PC.

The point I was trying to make is GT might lose hardcore fans to AC (because the physics is better) and also lose casual fans (because the physics is too hard for them). Whereas in the past GT has successfully managed to be the jack of all trades because it blends sim physics with accessibility (drawing hardcore and casuals alike). The car count might still be a draw, but by this point I think people are sick of the standards and duplicates already.

I'm not expecting AC on console to be successful straight away (1 million copies would be a huge success in my book), but if they can have solid AI and multiplayer, by the time AC 2 comes around (with the promised night/weather and more cars/tracks) people might be more willing to take notice and it will take off from there. If you look at the Forza series it didn't took off from the first game either, even though it was quite good.

Last edited:
Really enjoying my time on Assetto Corsa. Now I've added the FR3.5, Bentley Continental GT3, Reiter Camaro GT3, International Formula 3, Misano World Circuit and Paul Ricard mods to my sim and am enjoying those very much. Does anyone know if there is a mod for DTM, Lamborghini Huracán GT3, or an LMP1 car?

Really enjoying my time on Assetto Corsa. Now I've added the FR3.5, Bentley Continental GT3, Reiter Camaro GT3, International Formula 3, Misano World Circuit and Paul Ricard mods to my sim and am enjoying those very much. Does anyone know if there is a mod for DTM, Lamborghini Huracán GT3, or an LMP1 car?
http://www.unitedracingdesign.net/#!shop/c9dh Work in Progress. I believe the Huracan is coming as official content eventually.

You should add Barbagallo. Really good. And the 787B.

Also, keep an eye on these guys: http://iermoddinggroup.weebly.com/

http://www.unitedracingdesign.net/#!shop/c9dh Work in Progress. I believe the Huracan is coming as official content eventually.

You should add Barbagallo. Really good. And the 787B.

Also, keep an eye on these guys: http://iermoddinggroup.weebly.com/

Hmmm, guess I'll just have to wait for the proper DTM stuff. (New Era M4, RS5, ect.)

Just checked the news and you're correct! Both the Reiter Gallardo GT3 and Official Factory designed Huracan GT3 are coming as an official update! I'm super excited about that!

Hmmm, guess I'll just have to wait for the proper DTM stuff. (New Era M4, RS5, ect.)

Just checked the news and you're correct! Both the Reiter Gallardo GT3 and Official Factory designed Huracan GT3 are coming as an official update! I'm super excited about that!

United Racing Design has a DTM pack called T5. Has the RS5, C63 and M4 DTM spec. :)

I wish I didn't have to pay for their mods but they're top quality.

Yeah, but I'm sorry, considering what some people are offering for free (Miata, Miura, 787B, the TUSCC mod) it's just not so special that it would actually justify paying for it.

There's just nothing about it, that really sets it apart from the quality of other brilliant mods.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm always turned off by pay to play mods. For instance, if there was an entire FIA WEC 2015 pack with included tracks or something, then I might consider paying.

Yeah, but I'm sorry, considering what some people are offering for free (Miata, Miura, 787B, the TUSCC mod) it's just not so special that it would actually justify paying for it.

There's just nothing about it, that really sets it apart from the quality of other brilliant mods.

To each their own. I have the URD GT3 pack and they are probably my favorite and most used cars in the game. They look great, sound great, drive great (I actually like their FFB more than most of the stock content), the cars are very well balanced to each other so the racing is good, and the sight of a proper GT3 grid is mouth-watering. Considering they cost about the same as a pint, I feel I have more than got my money's worth out of them.

Just my opinion though, not saying you or anyone else has to agree with it. We all want/enjoy different things in our sims, and it just so happens that the one batch of pay mods I have ended up being my go-to for racing in AC. 👍

Back