Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I mean, I've also bought the GT3 pack, it's great, but to see what the VS guys are doing, I'd say you're getting the same quality, possibly even better quality, for free.

I mean, I've also bought the GT3 pack, it's great, but to see what the VS guys are doing, I'd say you're getting the same quality, possibly even better quality, for free.

I don't see where they've released a GT3 pack, or any kind of pack of cars? That's what I was on about, the URD GT3 pack brought a complete experience with the sights and sounds of a (nearly) complete GT3 grid with cars that are really well balanced to each other. I happen to enjoy them more than the mish-mash of GT2/GT3 cars that come with the game. When it comes to single, standalone cars, yeah I probably wouldn't pay for that. But the URD packs bring more than that because you can race them together to create a fairly authentic virtual experience. The pack I bought made a big improvement to my AC experience, way way more than any free single car mod I've installed. I'm sure the DTM pack would bring the same experience.

Again, just my opinion and I can understand why people bristle at the thought of paying for a mod, but in my experience the URD GT3 pack (or whatever they call it) was some of the best $5-6 I've ever spent on sim racing.

?

What do you mean?

You can "lap" the Nordschleife in under 2 Minutes, if you drive over the start line (Bridge) to start the lap, then reverse all the way back to the finish and over the finish line (Gantry) and then drive forward over the finish line once again :lol:

So stupid, but worth adressing :lol:

I don't see where they've released a GT3 pack, or any kind of pack of cars? That's what I was on about, the URD GT3 pack brought a complete experience with the sights and sounds of a (nearly) complete GT3 grid with cars that are really well balanced to each other. I happen to enjoy them more than the mish-mash of GT2/GT3 cars that come with the game. When it comes to single, standalone cars, yeah I probably wouldn't pay for that. But the URD packs bring more than that because you can race them together to create a fairly authentic virtual experience. The pack I bought made a big improvement to my AC experience, way way more than any free single car mod I've installed. I'm sure the DTM pack would bring the same experience.

Again, just my opinion and I can understand why people bristle at the thought of paying for a mod, but in my experience the URD GT3 pack (or whatever they call it) was some of the best $5-6 I've ever spent on sim racing.
I think strictly speaking they are GTE class cars. Although I must admit I'm a bit confused as to what exactly is the difference between GT3 and GTE.

I think strictly speaking they are GTE class cars. Although I must admit I'm a bit confused as to what exactly is the difference between GT3 and GTE.
Everything depends on the magic of Balance of Performance.

GTE (the former GT2) spec is governed by the ACO to be the main Le Mans GT class, and generally requres manufacturers to rebuild their cars quite a bit to achieve compliance. It is usually about who does the best job against the regulations to build the fastest car.
GT3 is run by SRO/FIA and is all about taking cars from road spec and applying restrictors to even them up. The chassis is generally left stock, except for weight reduction, roll cage, racing suspension, gearbox and tyres. It's much more a "gentleman racer" spec where you can buy the car from a manufacturer to run yourself. So cars are deliberately designed by the manufacturers to be robust and easy to drive, and balance of performance sorts out the restrictions to get equal lap times. SRO has a regular testing session at Paul Ricard to do this.

GT3 allows traction control and ABS, whereas GTE doesn't. So running GT3 cars with TC/ABS enabled is perfectly normal and is what real teams do.

Right now GTE cars tend to have more downforce but less power than GT3. Exactly which cars are faster depends entirely on balance of performance, I.e. Which restrictors are required by any specific series. To give you an idea, in the European LeMans Series, which runs both, you tend to see GTE cars around 1 second per minute faster. But the ELMS cars are pretty much the slowest of any GT3 cars, and in other GT3 series with different BoP GT3 cars achieve faster lap times than the ELMS GTE cars around the same circuits.

Yeah, it's not entirely accurate but I tend to use GT3 to describe any combination of GT3/GTE/GTD/GTLM cars when speaking in general terms about that class of cars. There's subtle (and not-so subtle) differences between them, but any petrolhead will know the type of cars being referred to.

Am I the only one who have seen the pic at facebook where the lambo huracan gt3 is announced for DLC2 ?:D
Gallardo GT3 and 650s GT3 also announced :P

Last edited:
Everything depends on the magic of Balance of Performance.

GTE (the former GT2) spec is governed by the ACO to be the main Le Mans GT class, and generally requres manufacturers to rebuild their cars quite a bit to achieve compliance. It is usually about who does the best job against the regulations to build the fastest car.
GT3 is run by SRO/FIA and is all about taking cars from road spec and applying restrictors to even them up. The chassis is generally left stock, except for weight reduction, roll cage, racing suspension, gearbox and tyres. It's much more a "gentleman racer" spec where you can buy the car from a manufacturer to run yourself. So cars are deliberately designed by the manufacturers to be robust and easy to drive, and balance of performance sorts out the restrictions to get equal lap times. SRO has a regular testing session at Paul Ricard to do this.

GT3 allows traction control and ABS, whereas GTE doesn't. So running GT3 cars with TC/ABS enabled is perfectly normal and is what real teams do.

Right now GTE cars tend to have more downforce but less power than GT3. Exactly which cars are faster depends entirely on balance of performance, I.e. Which restrictors are required by any specific series. To give you an idea, in the European LeMans Series, which runs both, you tend to see GTE cars around 1 second per minute faster. But the ELMS cars are pretty much the slowest of any GT3 cars, and in other GT3 series with different BoP GT3 cars achieve faster lap times than the ELMS GTE cars around the same circuits.
Very clarifying answer, thanks. :)
So for realism one should actually run TC and ABS at factory, i.e. Pro difficulty in AC? I have run with just ABS until now.

Very clarifying answer, thanks. :)
So for realism one should actually run TC and ABS at factory, i.e. Pro difficulty in AC? I have run with just ABS until now.
The traction control on a GT3 car is adjustable by the driver on the fly, from quite strong to bugger all, which the driver will adjust depending on conditions, so just enabling it won't necessarily be how the car would be driven in the same conditions in real life, for instance on a grippy track in the dry a driver might run on the lowest setting.

The traction control on a GT3 car is adjustable by the driver on the fly, from quite strong to bugger all, which the driver will adjust depending on conditions, so just enabling it won't necessarily be how the car would be driven in the same conditions in real life, for instance on a grippy track in the dry a driver might run on the lowest setting.
Setting TC/ABS to factory gives you only their default settings, you can change this in car.

As far as I can remember the keyboard shortcuts:
ctrl-T while driving lets you alter TC level as needed inside AC, if you have the factory TC set on.
ctrl-A for ABS levels, if applicable (some cars just have on/off, not different levels).

Setting TC/ABS to factory gives you only their default settings, you can change this in car.

As far as I can remember the keyboard shortcuts:
ctrl-T while driving lets you alter TC level as needed inside AC, if you have the factory TC set on.
ctrl-A for ABS levels, if applicable (some cars just have on/off, not different levels).
Along those same lines, I have noticed online that a lot of people don't know some cars have adjustable turbo boost levels on the fly. They are set low or off by default on some cars as well. The 1-0 numbers keys above the letters keys adjust it. 1 being low and 0 high.

latest.png

I'll show myself out.....

Looking forward to the RT-12, I've managed to drive the street GT3 RS mod (I didn't have to pay :sly:), and it does not reflect the reviews the real car is getting in any way, so hopefully Kunos finally gives us the 'squashed beetle' we want.

iRacing offer that RUF in GT3 Cup and GT3 R race spec packages, effectively providing carrera cup (without ABS) and GT3 classes. I assume Assetto Corsa will aim for GT3 spec, since that's without doubt what their user base is after.

So now in terms of pure GT3 we will have the Z4, SLS, 12C, GT-R, R8 Ultra, Huracan and RT-12. The lack of a GT3 Ferrari 458 stands out heavily (the GTE spec car is faster, different aero package, different tyre options and no ABS/TC).

iRacing offer that RUF in GT3 Cup and GT3 R race spec packages, effectively providing carrera cup (without ABS) and GT3 classes. I assume Assetto Corsa will aim for GT3 spec, since that's without doubt what their user base is after.

So now in terms of pure GT3 we will have the Z4, SLS, 12C, GT-R, R8 Ultra, Huracan and RT-12. The lack of a GT3 Ferrari 458 stands out heavily (the GTE spec car is faster, different aero package, different tyre options and no ABS/TC).

Most Online Rooms run the GT2 BMW/Ferrari, as the GT3 cars, its impossible to catch up :\.

I hope Kunos gets the sound of the RUF GT car right. The transmission whine of the real Porsche 911 GT3 RSR is to die for.

The 911 GT3 RSR in the EnduRacers mod for rFactor reproduced it decently well. Said car was my favourite car of any rF mod for that very reason.

I hope Kunos gets the sound of the RUF GT car right. The transmission whine of the real Porsche 911 GT3 RSR is to die for.
But those two arent the car in the game, we got a RUF RT-12R with a motec and im sure a slight bump in power. and for sure a stock one to go along with that, not a full blown racecar with a straight cut gearbox..

Oh, I thought the other RUF was supposed to be a fictional full-on GT race car version of the RT-12R similar to what R3E and iRacing have, a poor man's 911 GT3 RSR if you will. My mistake.

The 911 GT3 RSR is GTE spec, not GT3 spec. The 911 GT3 R is the GT3 spec version.

The iRacing RT-12R has a similar standard RUF road car dash with motec graphically, but to all intents and purposes it's a direct GT3 spec vehicle, competing with the other GT3 class cars.

Real pictures of the RT-12R randomly from internet have no motec:
http://www.autozeitung.de/faszinati...iesmann-roadster/Cockpit/n393705/7?panorama=1

Edit: I see on the AC forums the expectation that we are talking about the real RT-12R road car, so a track focused but road legal car. Slower than the Zonda R, I guess. I am surprised, because of the Motec, but let's wait and see :)

Last edited:
Back