Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
1.3.3 coming soon from the man himself.
- Rebalanced heat distribution as function of camber
KS Dev. Programmer | Stefano Casillo
I'm still trying to figure out tuning in AC but I've been feeling that camber doesn't introduce heat to the tires the way it should, both in quantity and in the way it's supposed to heat up the inner part of the tread by several degrees more than the outer. Hopefully this is a step in the direction of fixing this.

Last edited:
1.3.3 Download available now.

- Fixed wrong timing in brake disc glow effect
- Improved AI spline road sides at Spa
- AI spline sides now accept CSV with both "," or " " as delimiters
- Fixed tyre collision not using rims at super low tyre pressure
- Added downshift protection parameters to drivetrain.ini to allow individual car tune up
- Tuned up downshift protection (experimental) for the following cars
BMW Z4 GT3
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
Glickenhaus SCG003
Lamborghini Huracan GT3
Nissan GT-R GT3
McLaren MP4 12C GT3
Mercedes SLS GT3
BMW M3 GT2
Ferrari 458 GT2
Corvette C7R
- Force Feedback frequency is now controlled using a more precise setting in assetto_corsa.ini (FF_SKIP_STEPS instead of the old MAX_FF_RATE_HZ)
- Direct Input devices are not initialized with a BACKGROUND flag instead of FOREGROUND
- Set audio channels to 128 instead of 64 in audio.ini
- Added turbo boost information to shared memory
- Fixed tyre vertical stiffness pressure dependency wrongly using ideal pressure instead of reference pressure
- Fixed upshift audio sample not correctly triggered
- Fixed Ruf RT12R limiter audio clicks
- Minor EQ tweaks
- Rebalanced heat distribution as function of camber
- Experimental heat/grip ratio for BMW M3 E30 Drift, BMW M3 E92 Drift, BMW Z4 Drift
- Ford GT40 ui description added
- Ford GT40 corrected setup screen with proper values
- Ford GT40 adjustable engine limiter added
- Audi Quattro dash texture bug fixed
- Huracán GT3 light script fixed
- Huracán GT3 LEDs fixed
- Ford GT40 windscreen frame mesh bug fixed
- BMW M4 tyre 3D model fixed
- Nismo GTR glass transparency issue fixed
- Nismo GTR digital instruments not being visible fixed
- BMW M4 dash lights being inverted fixed
- Audi R8 window transparency issue fixed

Just tried the new physics after buying the dream pack 2 and wow it feels amazing, it was already the best sim out there and now it's incredible. Will the console version get the 64 bit physics? The feedback really is smooth as butter now it's pure driving heaven.
Second this, 1.3 has been a gamechanger for me with regards to FFB and physics. It's a lot more intuitive now to feel what the car is doing and wheel feedback has been improved greatly on my CSR.

Oversteer doesn't end in tragedy for me as much now lol. I can catch slides much easier.

Absolutely! Especially with the GT3 cars, which usually ended in the wall, seem a lot more "responsive" to my countersteering.

The new tyre model definitely takes some getting used, but by god, is it fantastic!

I feel I can push a little more on corner exit with the Nissan GT3 and the SLS AMG GT3 now. On 1.2 I almost had to put a pillow under my right foot. A lot easier to feel the tyres "bite" now. Love it.

Last edited:
- Replay in x64 are now capped at 1Gb instead of 500mb
- Fixed turbo in form gears
- Physics multithread is now disabled with less than 4 cores
- Fixed backfire animation on Lamborghini Countach
- acServerManager: admin password is mandatory
- acServerManager: fixed uploader not saving surfaces.ini of multi-layout tracks
- Fixed Lamborghini Countach S1 UI for customers who do not own DLC2
- Fixed Alfa Romeo 4c peak slip angle value on rear street tyres.
- Fine tuning of tyre heating model for GT2 and GT3 cars. Tyres now might need 2 laps to heat up the core temperatures. Core temperatures are now much more stable during a lap and cool down slower.
- New power loss calculation for GT2 GT3 cars engines
- Corrected rolling resistance calculations for GT2 and GT3 cars tyres
- BMW M3 E30 Drift and M3 E92 drift has new tyre heat calculation following the GT2/GT3 logic. Experimental.
- Balancing of GT3 car performances. The balance does not make all cars equal, but just brings their performances closer. Leagues can now add a small amount of ballast to equalize the cars performances even more.
- Fixed dirt texture and headights in Ferrari 458 Italia
- Fixed headlights indicator on BMW Z4 GT3
- Fixed transparency issue on Ruf Yellowbird
- Added leds to Mercedes SLS GT3 :cool:
- Fixed TrackIR support for x64
- Added Force Feedback Controller app
- Fixed acServer corruption of internal buffers leading to packet losses
- Added benchmark mode
- Realtime app now uses magenta to signal fastest lap in the session
- New "camera facing" spectators are now controlled by the "world detail" settings. Allowing users with older machines to achieve better FPS
- Minor AI race craft tweaks (a bit faster to change lane but bit less "punchybumpy")
- Remapped some functions associated with numpad "+" and "-"
+/- = Change Force Feedback (disabled in replays)
Ctrl +/- = Change onboard FOV
Ctrl Shift +/- = Change saturation

The new benchmark mode:
bench.jpg

Look for that file under your \Documents\Assetto Corsa\benchmarks folder.
You don't even have to disable vsync. The game will do it for you, and enable it again after running the bench.

There's also a new Force Feedback Controller app, that will let you always see the car's ffb strength (instead of having to press NUMPAD +/- to see it).
FFB_controller.jpg

Do note those new hotkey remappings also.

And to end it all, a word from Aristotelis:

Hi guys.
As I've said on my previous post, the new V5 tyre model has some quite big changes that you have already tried by now, one of them being the new heating model. The model is young and has great potential so we're still working on fine tuning and improvements.

Version 1.3.4, which is imminent, brings some of those improvements. GT2 and GT3 cars (plus the drift street cars) have some new values on their heating model. The end result is that while the surface temperatures are still very variable during a lap, the core temperatures are much much more stable in their temperatures. We think the end result is very realistic and exciting to drive.
You will need even more time to heat up the core temperatures. Maybe 2 to 3 laps depending on the combination of track, car and driving style. The core temperatures will go up steadily but slowly and will also cool down slowly.

You won't be able to overheat the core temperatures as easy as before, but their temperatures follow a trend from your driving style and surface temperatures. This means that if you keep overdriving your tyres the surface temperatures will of course overheat, but the core temperatures will start to raise steadily and it won't be easy to cool them down instantly. Every change in their trend needs at least half a lap to be inverted. So for example you can't just drive smoothly for a turn and have the tyres back again in operational temperature. You need to do so for at least half a lap or even much more, depending when you realized the overheating arrived.
The good news is that the core temperatures keep the tyre pressure more stable now, so yes you will have grip variations during a lap because of the surface temps, but you won't have as big footprint variations because of the highly unstable tyre pressures that you had until now.

Furthermore we fine tuned the rolling resistance from the tyres and also changed the wheel power figures as we have found some discrepancies in our model and from some new data we got from the manufacturers in terms of power dissipation. You will now be able to achieve higher top speeds and you might need some longer braking distances or even brake a bit on some turns that until now were usually flat out.

As I said, all changes are for the GT2 and GT3 tyres.
Street, vintage and single seater slick tyres will follow.
Thank you for your patience, we really try hard to improve and update as many tyres as fast as possible.

Have fun!

It stops you from downshifting until the revs have dropped enough to stop you from over revving.

It's a feature on flappy paddle gear boxes.

Is this an actual feature on the real world cars, or is it an artificial aid? if it's an aid I hope it can be turned off. I'd hate to see AC starting to get dumbed down, especially as we are nearing the console release next year.

Interesting. I know some modern race cars have aids like TC, but not something as pervasive as downshift limiter.

No wonder GT Academy guys do so well in GT3 :P j/k
It's a good idea, I mean a weekend can be ruined and also be mighty expensive for the team if you downshift accidentally with a simple click of a paddle. Can blow your engine in a split second.

Please let me know if this is the proper thread to ask this question. :confused:
I picked installed Assetto Corsa yesterday (Saturday afternoon) from Steam. I finished the install and added Dream Packs one and two. Then I started the game and it did not run. :odd:

I have tried talking to Assetto Corsa support. :banghead:They do not seem very helpful to me. But I am new and don't understand everything yet.

I am running windows 10 pro and my machine specs are in my signature. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you. 👍

Please let me know if this is the proper thread to ask this question. :confused:
I picked installed Assetto Corsa yesterday (Saturday afternoon) from Steam. I finished the install and added Dream Packs one and two. Then I started the game and it did not run. :odd:

I have tried talking to Assetto Corsa support. :banghead:They do not seem very helpful to me. But I am new and don't understand everything yet.

I am running windows 10 pro and my machine specs are in my signature. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you. 👍

You mean it wont boot?

You mean it wont boot?

No my friend, the game will not start. I go into Steam and launch the game and nothing happens.
No error message, no black screen, nothing. And Assetto Corsa support seem to me to be very slow.
But I am new to it, so the fault may be mine. Thank you for your response cat.👍

Usually the first step to try when fixing AC issues is to verify the game cache on Steam. Give it a try if you haven't already.

Hello "Huks". And thank you for your input. I ran the Assetto Corsa recommended troubleshooting for this problem.
No joy. That included the game cache routine. I'm not even sure the AC support staff has my log files.
I'm having a problem figuring out how to post a message on their site.

Hello "Huks". And thank you for your input. I ran the Assetto Corsa recommended troubleshooting for this problem.
No joy. That included the game cache routine. I'm not even sure the AC support staff has my log files.
I'm having a problem figuring out how to post a message on their site.

I run the support for another game and when we get reports of unresponsive boots the culprit is almost always anti-virus software stopping the game from executing.

What anti-virus software do you use?

Have you ever used any other anti-virus software on this machine?

I'd also try rebooting your machine and starting Steam in admin mode (right click, select run as admin).

Is there a way to run custom liveries on an online session? I think I read somewhere how to do it but can't remember where.

I run the support for another game and when we get reports of unresponsive boots the culprit is almost always anti-virus software stopping the game from executing.

What anti-virus software do you use?

Have you ever used any other anti-virus software on this machine?

I'd also try rebooting your machine and starting Steam in admin mode (right click, select run as admin).

Thank you for the advice. The AC support had me create another user in Windows 10. That made AC work.
My issue with that is having to login to another profile just to run the game. I still want to run AC from my default login.
I use Norton Internet Security. I had tried turning it off for an hour while trying to troubleshoot.

If you have more suggestions I would like to hear them. I'd really like to run Assetto using my original login.

Thank you for the advice. The AC support had me create another user in Windows 10. That made AC work.
My issue with that is having to login to another profile just to run the game. I still want to run AC from my default login.
I use Norton Internet Security. I had tried turning it off for an hour while trying to troubleshoot.

If you have more suggestions I would like to hear them. I'd really like to run Assetto using my original login.

It's quite likely you didn't fully turn Norton off despite thinking you did, some anti-virus programs won't let you turn them off, it's supposed to be a safety measure. I will say now that Norton has a reputation for being not very good, that's not to say it is the problem with your issue, but it *could* be.

On the account that's the problem, you should be able to turn Norton Internet Security on to Silent Mode, not quite sure how to do this, ehow should be helpful:

http://www.ehow.com/info_12114805_silent-mode-norton.html

Then try and run the game.

If it was silent mode that you tried, then ignore the above.

The reason why I asked whether you'd installed other anti-virus software before is that I know of cases where an expired trial version of McAfee has blocked games from executing. Go through your list of installed programs and check.

If there's nothing else there, then try and run AC to generate the problem and take a note of the time you do this.

Then:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
Type "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter

These logs can be slow to open.

Open Windows Logs menu from the left side and in Application check for logs that meet the time you tried to open AC, do you have any entries?

You should have an event marked up with a Red exclamation mark. Select the log and please tell me what it says.

If there's nothing in Application, then check the others.

Back