Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
It's quite likely you didn't fully turn Norton off despite thinking you did, some anti-virus programs won't let you turn them off, it's supposed to be a safety measure. I will say now that Norton has a reputation for being not very good, that's not to say it is the problem with your issue, but it *could* be.

On the account that's the problem, you should be able to turn Norton Internet Security on to Silent Mode, not quite sure how to do this, ehow should be helpful:

http://www.ehow.com/info_12114805_silent-mode-norton.html

Then try and run the game.

If it was silent mode that you tried, then ignore the above.

The reason why I asked whether you'd installed other anti-virus software before is that I know of cases where an expired trial version of McAfee has blocked games from executing. Go through your list of installed programs and check.

If there's nothing else there, then try and run AC to generate the problem and take a note of the time you do this.

Then:

Press Windows key and R at the same time on your keyboard
Type "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) in the box and press enter

These logs can be slow to open.

Open Windows Logs menu from the left side and in Application check for logs that meet the time you tried to open AC, do you have any entries?

You should have an event marked up with a Red exclamation mark. Select the log and please tell me what it says. If there's nothing in Application, then check the others.

I was able to use Assetto Corsa with my original Windows 10 login ID by removing all compatibility mode check boxes from AssettoCorsa.exe. The instructions can be found in Steam. Thank you for your help.:cheers:
I

Brand new Assetto Corsa update :lol:

- New Audi R8 V10 Plus bonus car
- Fixed Nissan GT-R Nismo fuel gauge
- Fixed Mercedes SLS GT3 default tyre texture
- Fixed Lamborghini Huracan GT3 Hard tyres name, causing issue on MP tyre compound restriction
- acServer: fixed issue with timing who caused session skipping
- ksEditor: Added fuel and brakes script tools
- Corrected Alfa Romeo 4c alignment and setup values
- Eliminated wrong tags from Ford GT40
- Works on the tyre heating model continues with new surface rolling heat generation on some cars
- Performance optimization on car multithread physics
- New improved smoothing and "anti lag" systems for both client and server

Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_plus_ks_nordschleife_25-11-115-20-52-23.jpg

Huh, this is new.

(please excuse the terrible screenshot, AC's photo mode is very impractical to use. Being forced to enable post-processing doesn't help)

EDIT: Or maybe it's not? Found a picture of this dated eight months back on Imgur. How have I not noticed this before?

Any news which cars are affected? (tyre heating)
Oh happy day!! May not be able to read it from that screen, but in the new Audi, the tire temps are in the 80's on all 4 tires after 2 laps!!!! That's with Semi-slicks and on Spa. Whatever they've done, I want that on all the cars!!!

2015-11-25_00006.jpg

Now we just need a RSR reset :rolleyes: .
We're running the M235i Racing in the Time Attack Challenge and I had a quick go to test it out and it's no different. Tire temps drop like a stone after starting out at 80C and never get out of the 50's for the most part at Imola. They drop immediately and quickly in the straight sections, but the Audi maintains quite well so they've done something with rolling resistance/heat buildup/heat dissapation. Copy and paste to the other cars please Kunos!

Is it as good as some people say it is? I'm tempted to get it on the Steam sale, but I'm unsure.
I've been playing nothing but PCARS since it came out, and I don't want to get another racing game if it's really not worth it.

Is it as good as some people say it is? I'm tempted to get it on the Steam sale, but I'm unsure.
I've been playing nothing but PCARS since it came out, and I don't want to get another racing game if it's really not worth it.
I have Project Cars, iRacing and Assetto Corsa and I enjoy driving the most in Assetto Corsa by a big margin. In fact I haven't given Project Cars a go in months.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a game. There's a lot that PCARS has to offer that AC does not. For example the career in Pcars is much better along with the atmosphere. AC I think has a better driving experience from a hands on the wheel perspective, but of course that is subjective too.

It all depends on what you are looking for in a game. There's a lot that PCARS has to offer that AC does not. For example the career in Pcars is much better along with the atmosphere. AC I think has a better driving experience from a hands on the wheel perspective, but of course that is subjective too.
I agree, I like pCARS and AC - both have their strengths and each should be in a virtual racers library. I understand the lack of time, I have every sim but only have a little time to dabble in each, at least I'm never bored!

Just do it. AC makes PCars feel like an arcade game

:lol: I went ahead and got it. Can't have too many racing games, right?
First off impression was that it was horrible. The tyres screeched like crazy I thought I had d/l GT6 for PC!) and the wheel was far too sensitive.
I spent some time on the FFB and turned down the volume on the tyre banshee screeching, then took the Mercedes GT3 for a drive around the ring.
That was enough fun for me to decide it's a good game to spend more time with.

:lol: I went ahead and got it. Can't have too many racing games, right?
First off impression was that it was horrible. The tyres screeched like crazy I thought I had d/l GT6 for PC!) and the wheel was far too sensitive.
I spent some time on the FFB and turned down the volume on the tyre banshee screeching, then took the Mercedes GT3 for a drive around the ring.
That was enough fun for me to decide it's a good game to spend more time with.

It's the best sim i've ever played, I hardly ever use iRacing anymore as I would rather just cut laps at the ring in AC ;)

Dream Pack 3
Dear AC followers, Kunos Simulazioni is proud to introduce the newest track developed for Assetto Corsa, the iconic Brands Hatch circuit, that will be included in the Dream Pack 3, available on Steam from 12.15.2015!

The Brands Hatch circuit in Assetto Corsa
The development of this famous and challenging circuit required 6 months of work, making Brands Hatch the fourth circuit added to Assetto Corsa during 2015, after the Nordschleife, Zandvoort and Barcelona. As showed in the following video, Kunos Simulazioni development team has reproduced the track paying attention to all those details and reference points used by real drivers, thanks to the massive use of Laserscan technology. that guarantees the maximum accuracy: stay tuned for other information!

I wish there were a few more street cars in Dream Pack 3, but at least we are getting more GT3 race cars. The Abarth 500 EsseEsse that we currently have must be very similar to the Abarth 500 Assetto Corse, I would imagine. I was really, really hoping for the C7 Corvette Z51 to be included in this pack. Oh well, I'll still be buying it the second I see it available for purchase. :D :P

The existing Abarth 500 is a street car, the new one is a proper race car. Should be totally different, a real touring car.

The existing Abarth 500 is a street car, the new one is a proper race car. Should be totally different, a real touring car.
Oh, really? I had no idea it was a race car. I know Assetto Corse is "race trim" or something along those lines, but I didn't know it was truly a non-street legal car. That's good to know! 👍

Back