Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
So, Asseto Corsa is basically a dream version of Gran Turismo? Where AC is actually a driving simulator, has a focus of quality over quantity, which means all high quality cars and tracks (no last gen and PS2 rubbish)? If so, I'm pre-ordering!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D

That's fairly accurate, yes. Far fewer cars but they're all of good quality, and you have just about every version of Lotus (the AC interpretation of the GT Skyline/Miata fetish), the career mode leaves a bit to be desired, and at times racing the AI kinda feels like rolling chicanes (though it's a lot better than it used to be)......so, a lot like Gran Turismo! :lol: As others have said, it doesn't have as many bells and whistles as other sims/games, but what it does, it does very well. I think a lot of console racers might feel a bit disappointed at first, but once they start driving they'll probably really enjoy it for what it is and forget about what it isn't. The graphics, physics, and FFB are what you've always wanted in a console racer, I can pretty much guarantee that, and hopefully they've made some nice additions/improvements to the overall structure that will fill in some of the gaps.

:drool: That right there is the business. Looks like it's even on a motion rig! I need this, I'm sure my landlords would have no problem with me having a Viper in my apartment. :sly:
The silly thing is that you'd rather have the original internals, and be able to drive that Viper outside :D

The silly thing is that you'd rather have the original internals, and be able to drive that Viper outside :D

Probably cost about the same as the motion rig Viper. :lol: I hate Chrysler but the Viper was my "bedroom car poster" as a kid and I still get a bit excited whenever I see one. Hope we get an official version of one in AC someday.

This is the poster I had as a kid. :drool:

$(KGrHqZHJCgE9sGM8PkUBPczt76zr!--60_3.JPG

Probably cost about the same as the motion rig Viper. :lol: I hate Chrysler but the Viper was my "bedroom car poster" as a kid and I still get a bit excited whenever I see one. Hope we get an official version of one in AC someday.

This is the poster I had as a kid. :drool:

View attachment 507764
Didn't know it was a popular car among miners :P
I love the old one too, had it in scale model when i was a kid but i always preferred the coupe:

IMG_88001600x1200.jpg

The lines are so incredibly fluid and beautiful, it's the American E-type of the 90's.

Didn't know it was a popular car among miners :P
I love the old one too, had it in scale model when i was a kid but i always preferred the coupe
The lines are so incredibly fluid and beautiful, it's the American E-type of the 90's.

Agreed, the second gen GTS coupe was the best. Looked good as a pace car for the Indy 500 too. :sly: You can find them for under $50k now, I might need to start saving my pennies.

jgazwta849e59bxkbvcp.jpg

That vinyl is 🤬 SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSsick! I was staring at that more than the onscreen action.

Fixed that for ya. :P

Remember the TV show Viper? I thought it was just the ducks nuts back in the day.

I got nostalgic about a year ago and tried to watch it on YouTube and thought it was garbage lol.

Remember the TV show Viper? I thought it was just the ducks nuts back in the day.

I got nostalgic about a year ago and tried to watch it on YouTube and thought it was garbage lol.

I do remember that! It was kinda like a new-age Knight Rider so it was right up my alley. I can remember just enough of it to know it would be rather cheesy nowadays.

Yep.......so much cheese!!

:drool: That right there is the business. Looks like it's even on a motion rig! I need this, I'm sure my landlords would have no problem with me having a Viper in my apartment. :sly:
It also gave an interesting idea. Instead of using on-screen cockpit view, just build the cockpit around yourself and then use on-screen hood/bumper view instead. 💡 :lol:

It also gave an interesting idea. Instead of using on-screen cockpit view, just build the cockpit around yourself and then use on-screen hood/bumper view instead. 💡 :lol:

Yep, I noticed the same thing. Only problem, every car you drive will have the same interior.

Anyone debating as to whether to get a new PS4 or a new PC for Assetto Corsa just keep in mind, this is only available on pc:sly: Mods for the win;)

Definitely one of those more exciting mods that I'm happy to download and play with. At least no one can question the physics with XYZ games as this is unique. Need to find a track with a variety of hilly elevations, downhills and off-camber corners. Anyone with suggestions on such track please let me know. :lol: And maybe PD should have a Vision GT version lol.

Is this a prototype from those guys to eventually create karts? (Sorry, I can't be bother resetting password to access AC forum)

I've deleted all mod Cars, Tracks and Apps from this game, partly because The Apps always seem to stop working after every update but really to prepare myself for the PS4 version.

The only thing I really miss are the liveries I've downloaded.

I've just done my first career bits in AC (and also first events with the AI).

Does seem like a slightly odd career, not gone far yet, but looks like the circuit variety isn't that great early on.

As for the AI, racecraft seems a bit naff, but actual speed is pretty good (and consistent). I know the AI often gets some flak in AC, is it the racecraft aspect?

That certainly sounds like a Viper V10 in game... Special tie in for the show or actual pending car in game?

Are there any "Beginner Racing Teams" oder "Clubs" where Beginners are welcome and have the opportunity to join for fair races/events with opponents that are not too fast? In many open Servers are so many unfair drivers...

Are there any "Beginner Racing Teams" oder "Clubs" where Beginners are welcome and have the opportunity to join for fair races/events with opponents that are not too fast? In many open Servers are so many unfair drivers...

Check the links in my sig. I just started up the GVRC and we have a variety of talent/speed, as well as very helpful and friendly drivers who would be more than happy to show you the ropes and help you learn. If you're new to sim racing I understand there will be some mistakes and incidents but as long as you're genuinely interested in learning proper etiquette and race craft we'll help you get there.

I'm sure @Wiz would welcome you in the Friday Fun races too. 👍

Wow. Why didnt Montreal auto show get this.

Lame :grumpy:

Detroit gets all the good stuff. The Indy Show last month was horrible, it was just like all the local dealers brought a few cars from the showroom. Nothing interesting or cool other than a lame version of a motion sim that you only got to do one lap in.

Has anybody noticed that since the last update, the lighting has been really... Dark? I've been trying to find a way to lighten things up but haven't really found anything. it's so dark that with moderate clouds, you actually can't see the racetrack anymore.

Has anybody noticed that since the last update, the lighting has been really... Dark? I've been trying to find a way to lighten things up but haven't really found anything. it's so dark that with moderate clouds, you actually can't see the racetrack anymore.
I did, installing the natural graphics mod fixed that if i'm not mistaken.

Wiz
Dang it I was supposed to go to this show with my boss last week, but we got busy at work and couldn't make it. :(

OK so i'm not one of these guys who does a fast lap in a sim and goes to compare it to real life lap, I find that pointless. But i do believe that the skills are very transferable and that video more than most just proves that to me..its doesn't count if your using a controller but with a wheel if your oppo locking and stuff its showing a transferable skill.

Back