Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I could be wrong but I don't think Assetto Corsa has received any Maseratis yet but they are mentioned in the blurb on PlayStation Store.

I am really looking forward to it. In content terms it is lacking but it is my most wanted game so far this year so roll on June...

I could be wrong but I don't think Assetto Corsa has received any Maseratis yet but they are mentioned in the blurb on PlayStation Store.

I am really looking forward to it. In content terms it is lacking but it is my most wanted game so far this year so roll on June...
assetto corsa is the literal epitome of quality vs quantity. Of course its not for everyone but if you enjoy it then it gets hard to put down

Well during the large end of year announcement that kunos always do they announced that they got the license to a bunch of Maserati's.

We havent seen any so far, next dlc comes into in half a month which is all japanese cars(free for console). Not sure if another dlc will come out before the console launch or if its free launch content or if its the first dlc after console launch.

All we know about the Maseratis is the GT4 and an early Fangio driven F1 car is licensed, its been very hush hush so far which is surprising. Normally their PR guy is sharing all sorts of teasers

That's what I'm finding strange. They announced so many licenses and promised "upwards of 50 cars this year" but they barely shown the Japanese pack which is due in a bit over 2 weeks. And the only PC teasers we got are the cars that are launched from day 1 in consoles like the S1, the FXX K and a pic of the 488 GTB.

That's my guess as well. They'll pick up lost pace after the console release and if it goes well, without major bugs I guess we'll have plenty of surprises in a near future

Do remember how far behind schedule they are, console release was meant to be out by now. The mustang and corvette and 595 were meant to be out in January with 10K monza(with the loop) Its not their fault, ive asked them a few questions and got very reasonable answers which i dont think i should share.

Similar situation last year, they said 40 or 50 cars, we got just over thirty. Not complaining at all, ive been in a game involved in development hell before, hell the very first game i worked on with a team around two years ago was seven months into development with six members(three including myself doing the raw coding) got dropped completely because the financial backers pulled out. Things can get hairy but from the looks of things they are a lot more stable when some of their rivals.

Last edited:
All we know about the Maseratis is the GT4 and an early Fangio driven F1 car is licensed, its been very hush hush so far which is surprising. Normally their PR guy is sharing all sorts of teasers

Oh my! Tbh... Except for the Birdcage thats already all the Maseratis I need in AC. Well kinda sorta, since I saw this baby live in the flesh in that very spot I m kinda in love with it and its crazy exhausts! :lol:

Cooper-T81-Maserati-37632.jpg

It has potential but like anything else, it's going to depend on a lot of people using it to provide for more variety of races and races that provide a narrow range of skill levels to facilitate closer racing. I'll definitely install it when I come back from the darkside (Rocket League:sly:).

It has potential but like anything else, it's going to depend on a lot of people using it to provide for more variety of races and races that provide a narrow range of skill levels to facilitate closer racing. I'll definitely install it when I come back from the darkside (Rocket League:sly:).
I was reading the website yesterday and they want you to sign up using your real name and if your Steam account doesn't match you will need to make another account. That's probably enough for me to skip it. I'm not interested in having several Steam accounts and I'm certainly not abandoning my fatkrakr account.

I was reading the website yesterday and they want you to sign up using your real name and if your Steam account doesn't match you will need to make another account. That's probably enough for me to skip it. I'm not interested in having several Steam accounts and I'm certainly not abandoning my fatkrakr account.

You might have misunderstood, you do not have to sign up using you Steam name. the only thing is that the name(s) you are using have to match the name(s) you are using in AC. Does not have to be your real name either, just a name that looks legit, in other word no : 12de$%87NJ(*
Fat Krakr will work fine is you put the same name in AC.;)

For those interested here his a link to more info and details:
http://www.isrtv.com/assetto-corsa/sim-racing-system-now-available-for-assetto-corsa/

Last edited:
Question, i'm switching between R3E and AC lately, and each time i boot up AC i get disappointed with the sound quality coming through my headphones. Everything seems to sound mono (like the sound has no direction and comes from the front only).

I checked the options, and there's no way to chose a different sound profile that suits best. Any ideas or suggestions to get more depth, bass and direction from the sound?

Question, i'm switching between R3E and AC lately, and each time i boot up AC i get disappointed with the sound quality coming through my headphones. Everything seems to sound mono (like the sound has no direction and comes from the front only).

I checked the options, and there's no way to chose a different sound profile that suits best. Any ideas or suggestions to get more depth, bass and direction from the sound?

Downloading/installing an EQ program may help a little but it won't make it sound as good as R3E.

Have you tried a "Surround Sound" program/feature such as CMSS-3D, SBX, Razer, Dolby Headphone Surround or DTS Headphone X?

One of the above is often included with sound cards and "Surround Sound" headphones (which are often actually just stereo and rely on software trickery). I've looked for a few minutes but haven't seen anywhere you can just download these programs without having a certain product. However, at the same time, I have a sound card that is 9 years old yet came with CMSS-3D in it's software package.

Last edited:
Thanks, must check that out.

There's this thread on the AC forum:

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/missing-stereo-pan.31918/

Maybe that has something to do with it. Most of you guys got sound apps or sound card enhancements in place when playing AC?
I have no sound card, my sound just comes from the motherboard but it supports up to Dolby 7.1. I output to my surround system and I have a Paradigm Monitor 7 series floorstanding front speakers and a 12" self powered subwoofer so getting a full range of sound isn't usually an issue for me. When I have to use headphones it's rather a large step backwards in sound quality. I think we have the same headphones don't we?

I have no sound card, my sound just comes from the motherboard but it supports up to Dolby 7.1. I output to my surround system and I have a Paradigm Monitor 7 series floorstanding front speakers and a 12" self powered subwoofer so getting a full range of sound isn't usually an issue for me. When I have to use headphones it's rather a large step backwards in sound quality. I think we have the same headphones don't we?
Yes indeed the blue Logitech, with R3E it works a charm and the sounds are fantastic, but with AC it all sounds very dull so i need to check into the possibilities of tweaking my card i suppose.

No idea where to begin though (and i don't know even if i have a SC or it comes from my motherboard as well :P).

Yes indeed the blue Logitech, with R3E it works a charm and the sounds are fantastic, but with AC it all sounds very dull so i need to check into the possibilities of tweaking my card i suppose.

No idea where to begin though (and i don't know even if i have a SC or it comes from my motherboard as well :P).
If you're plugging your USB into the front of your PC that's going to the motherboard. If you're plugged into the back and you're grouped in with all of the other USB slots that's also from the motherboard. If it's the sound card it will be in a separate slot by itself along with other different types of connectors for sounds.

Motherboard it is then, i could jerk around with the driver of my headphones as it's supposed to be 7.1 and there are a bunch of equalizers, but seeing R3E sounds perfect i don't know if i should.

I should still check as i connected my TV to it with an HDMI, but it has the green and pink sockets for sound wires, and i could actually connect my headphones to those. I'm just using that little dongle that is supposed to provide the 7.1 surround sound, and that works with the USB.

Can you install a program just for AC?

Last edited:
Motherboard it is then, i could jerk around with the driver of my headphones as it's supposed to be 7.1 and there are a bunch of equalizers, but seeing R3E sounds perfect i don't know if i should.

I should still check as i connected my TV to it with an HDMI, but it has the green and pink sockets for sound wires, and i could actually connect my headphones to those. I'm just using that little dongle that is supposed to provide the 7.1 surround sound, and that works with the USB.

Can you install a program just for AC?
It will only output 7.1 if the signal in is 7.1 and even then, it's not a true 7.1 which is 7 speakers and a subwoofer, it's a virtual 7.1 that simulates 7 speakers with bass. I believe AC is 5.1 but again, it also depends on the fidelity of the recordings and how well they are mixed and balanced. If you are driving an MR and the engine sound is coming from the front channel it's not going to seem right no matter what.

I think R3E has both the best source recordings and the best sound design and engineering at the moment which is probably why it sounds the best through your headphones.

I noticed that Fonsecker's sound pack has been updated today on Race Department. Does anyone in here use his sounds as replacements for the Kunos car sounds? Are his sounds 'accurate', meaning he got actual recordings of the very cars he's claiming to be providing sound for? Or is he just using 'better' sounding engine, exhaust, drivetrain, etc. sounds that he feels work better for each car?

I noticed that Fonsecker's sound pack has been updated today on Race Department. Does anyone in here use his sounds as replacements for the Kunos car sounds? Are his sounds 'accurate', meaning he got actual recordings of the very cars he's claiming to be providing sound for? Or is he just using 'better' sounding engine, exhaust, drivetrain, etc. sounds that he feels work better for each car?
Some of the kunos recording are pretty pathetic, some are good, his are also good or great and he can add the sounds that a manufacturer doesnt want you to hear such as low oil pressure warning in the huracan and R8 GT3 when shifting to a the lower gears. Kunos have to bend over for the manufacturers while he doesnt and he can use any samples, anything recorded, kunos can only use what they record or what manufacturers provide them.

The result of all of this is that fonseckers sounds are rather fantastic, a minor gripe is this external sounds or chase view sounds arent that spectacular or worse then the onces kunos provide but its barely a problem

If one game sounds great and the other one doesn't, it's not your hardware. If it's the hardware (mobo's usually have crappy DACs), it would affect both games.

Personally, I haven't used a sound card in ages. The only use case for a sound card in gaming is the more isolated and better quality DACs (so when hooking up headphones or speakers via an analogue connection). If you're just going to make a digital connection (HDMI/SPDIF/TOSLink) to a receiver/amplifier/whatever, a sound card makes no sense. The only other use case is music production, in which case you need quality DACs and low-latency audio drivers, but that's a different topic altogether.

Thanks for the clarification, i guess i'll just go for Fonseckers new sound pack and hope that will arrange a lot of the cars.
Edit: it did :P

Last edited:
Back