Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
I just cannot wait for AC on PS4, it really will be something special.

But don't you have a Pc? Ac is not that demanding on the hardware to run you know, and a ps4 wheel will work on pc so, what are you waiting for. play it now :P

And do not get your hopes up, AC is not that big of a deal you know :P

I've got it on my PC but it is only good enough to time attack on. Adding any AI cars and I lose too many FPS to make it worth playing. It is good enough for me as it's a driving sim as it is now but the PS4 version will allow me to race as well.

That's why June really can't come soon enough.

Nah I don't bother with PC. I just love the simplicity of console games, just plug it in and go.

We are in for an awesome time, all of us sim racers! We're going to have AC, Project Cars, F1 2015, we are spoilt for choice !!!!

HDMI from your PC to your telly + a wireless keyboard and you're all set. You can even use your existing controllers if you want 👍

I think he means just plug the controller/wheel in and race, no editing text files, no screwing with mods, no optimizing GPU settings, no trouble-shooting random Windows problems, etc. I do miss those days...

For me it is the other way around, I do not have any problems with my pc either, It is always on so I turn on the tv, switch over so that tv is the primary monitor in win display settings, logg in to steam if I am not already logged in and launch the game and tada,I am playing online. Usually I just turn on the tv, that is all and launch the game. Takes far less time than starting up my console :P

But, I can buy that someone wants to play on a console if they have a old and slow pc, but nothing can beat a pc right now when it comes to ease of use. I have not even had a single blue screen since I bought this sys in 2011-2012 so it is old now i7 3770k and gtx 670. Ok compared to a console it was like tree time as expensive. The thing is my consoles are so unreliable compared to my pc that it is not fun. ;(

Last edited:
For me it is the other way around, I do not have any problems with my pc either, It is always on so I turn on the tv, switch over so that tv is the primary monitor in win display settings, logg in to steam if I am not already logged in and launch the game and tada,I am playing online. Usually I just turn on the tv, that is all and launch the game. Takes far less time than starting up my console :P

But, I can buy that someone wants to play on a console if they have a old and slow pc, but nothing can beat a pc right now when it comes to ease of use. I have not even had a single blue screen since I bought this sys in 2011-2012 but my consoles, whaaa that is totally a different story :P

I'm jealous, seems like every fourth or fifth time I turn on my PC there's some sort of issue I have to troubleshoot.

:irked: :( :lol:

I think he means just plug the controller/wheel in and race, no editing text files, no screwing with mods, no optimizing GPU settings, no trouble-shooting random Windows problems, etc. I do miss those days...
Editing text files is mostly because there's something about the base game you don't like, and you want to add to the experience. Mods too are a luxury the console crowd can't experience :P

I'm jealous, seems like every fourth or fifth time I turn on my PC there's some sort of issue I have to troubleshoot.

Windows 10? :D

hehe, a ground rule I have is when I have built a pc is to never ever be playing around with it inside. If it is dusty I use air on can :P

I remember last time I had problem. It was when I upgraded to 16gb ram from 8... One of the dims did not want to work so I thought that i did not press one of the memory sticks down on one side because of how little space it is in my pc(mini-itx).. updating bios was the solution, of course. But still, thinking that I damaged mobo/memory stick before updating the bios was nerve wrecking :P

And yeah a solution for you then, don't turn off your pc then :P

Last edited:
Fortunately my system is pretty reliable too. Helps that it's pretty much exclusively used for racing, but my process is as simple as turning on the amp for Simvibe, turning on the wheel, turning on the pc, waiting approximately 15 seconds for it to completely boot, launch Sim Commander and then just click on the game I want to play. Sim commander handles the add ons I need like the dash meter software upon launch for that game. Then I just shut down when I'm done. Easy as.

Windows 10? :D

I had weird things happen with 8 and 10.

hehe, a ground rule I have is when I have built a pc is to never ever be playing around with it inside. If it is dusty I use air on can :P

I remember last time I had problem. It was when I upgraded to 16gb ram from 8... One of the dims did not want to work so I thought that i did not press one of the memory sticks down on one side because of how little space it is in my pc(mini-itx).. updating bios was the solution, of course. But still, thinking that I damaged mobo/memory stick before updating the bios was nerve wrecking :P

And yeah a solution for you then, don't turn off your pc then :P

I've never tinkered around inside this PC, I just seem to have lots of random glitches either with the OS or with games. I only use it for sim racing so I only turn it on when I race, waste of electricity to leave it on all the time. Oh well, I get by, but sometimes it does make me miss the simplicity of consoles.

I'm jealouPCs seems like every fourth or fifth time I turn on my PC there's some sort of issue I have to troubleshoot.

Wow, that would suck but I have almost zero problems with my PC (Windows 10). Start it up, start Steam, I'm gaming. I switch from my 34" Ultra Wide 3440x1440 monitor used for my racing sims with wheel, pedals, shifter to my 32" 2560 x 1440 monitor with TrackIR and HOSTAS controller for my flight sims. All connected to multi port video card - just swivel my chair to switch. This is the beauty of PC gaming, flexibility and options.

Anyone know the 'story' behind the Gallardo GT3 and 458 GT3 being M.I.A?. I know the Gallardo GT3 was 'announced' in the Lambo-license trailer, but haven't seen/heard anything about it, and no 458 GT3 when Kunos has a Ferrari License seems odd.

I haven't payed much attention to twitter or anything, so maybe I missed it, or maybe DP4 is in the works. 💡

There was some analysis of a photo of some recording gear set up inside a race car and it was determined that the car was in fact a Ferrari 488 GT3 so looks like the new model is coming to AC. As for the Gallardo, not sure.

In the wake of the proliferation of the Huracan GT3, the Gallardo GT3 has become obsolete and has been extirpated from top-line GT3 series. Even Reiter doesn't run the car anymore, despite updating the car just last year. Kunos would be best served allocating their limited resources elsewhere.

I just got an updated changelog.txt in my AC folder an hour ago:

- reverted Realtime app
- Audio : hit and scrape sounds use surface volume

At 2:14 when he tried a flick the real life (or should I say "surreal" lol) car needs a bit of correction, while the AC car stays planted throughout. That's the only difference that I can gather. Otherwise everything looks pretty spot on 👍

I've decided to give the E30 another go yesterday and noticed that the reae camber is at -3.7 and can only be adjusted from -4.1 to -3.5 or somethibg. Surely this has to be a bug?

I can't remember what version it was when it started but it feels like the shocks on many cars are blown. After the last big update it got worse for many of the cars and better for a few. Maybe it's my wheel/FFB or something but it feels off. I just can't see how a modern sports car in game feels so unhinged at the limit compared to real life cars. I feel like I run out of rebound.

Finally had the time to do some proper driving in AC. I drove plenty of cars and they felt infinitely better:

The F40 was practicaly undrivable in my noob hands before. Now with more weight on the steering like a proper unassisted car and better physics, tires and suspension it's so much better, I can feel I can push it a bit harder. I loved how the front lost grip under cornering at full throttle, I think I never felt that before. The Pagani Huayra feels more stable and that its active aero actually does something. Zandvoort feels a hell of a lot bumpier. Mugello and Imola looked a lot better. I didn't feel the game getting easier, but a lot more realistic. The M3 E30 DTM is easier to drive, more planted and stable but try to push harder and the car will bite you. Much like every other car. I'm in love with this 1.5 update.

I just noticed Aris the AC physics guy is the one who made the Power & Glory mod for GTR2 (http://gtlw.co.uk/ - go to About and scroll down). No wonder some of the old cars in AC gives me a sense of de javu when driving. The Cobra for example is uncannily similar in both games (also goes to show how good the physics of ISImotor were back then).

I just noticed Aris the AC physics guy is the one who made the Power & Glory mod for GTR2 (http://gtlw.co.uk/ - go to About and scroll down). No wonder some of the old cars in AC gives me a sense of de javu when driving. The Cobra for example is uncannily similar in both games (also goes to show how good the physics of ISImotor were back then).
Aris is one cool dude... I can't believe how often he will take the time to go into great detail to answer a question, or clear up some misconceptions about the physics/tire model in Assetto Corsa. He's not the only one who does that, of course, but he seems to be willing to really dig deep into a subject. I think that's pretty nice. It really helps in understanding some pretty complex subjects, like aerodynamics or tire grip.

Something a bit different, here is the lead developer of Assetto corsa giving a tribute to Prince and boy is he talented. Looks like he is talented in many ways.

Guitar Hero Corsa confirmed!! :D

He's pretty damn good. Wonder if that's his new Tele?

Aris is one cool dude... I can't believe how often he will take the time to go into great detail to answer a question, or clear up some misconceptions about the physics/tire model in Assetto Corsa. He's not the only one who does that, of course, but he seems to be willing to really dig deep into a subject. I think that's pretty nice. It really helps in understanding some pretty complex subjects, like aerodynamics or tire grip.

Niels Heusinkveld (from Reiza studios) is another developer who regularly holds talks about the physics model. If you check out his youtube channel he has a lot of these videos where he explains how he implements suspension or tyre modelling into his cars. Most importantly these two guys actually "gets" how a car is supposed to feel like when driven and can translate that into the virtual world. They both follow the same school of thought that realistic =/= difficult.

Actually, I think we live in a really cool time to be a sim racer in that regard. After 4.5 years of involvement in pcars, I can say that if you substract Ian Bell and some other big heads at SMS, the core SMS team is a lot of good and very likeable people who are happy to interact with us peasants if time permits, from interesting discussion to silly funny chit chat.

Back