Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
AC has all i was missing in pcars lambo ferrari, red b ring, mugello, zandvoort etc....now we need more tracks...

Last edited:
AC Changelog 1.5.6
  • Fixed issues with black mirrors on several cars
  • Fixed LaFerrari digital instrument dummy
  • Fixed tyre texture on several cars
  • Tyre App customizable colors (system/cfg/tyres_app.ini)

• Fixed LaFerrari digital instrument dummy
image.png

AC has all i was missing in pcars lambo ferrari, red b ring, mugello, zandvoort etc....now we need more tracks...

Although I would not mind having more laser scan official Kunos tracks, as it stands now, between the totally legit and the not so totally legit converted or created from scratch mod tracks available here and there for AC, there is no world known track that I do not have in AC in addition to a multitude of "Fantasy" track.
Just saying.:sly:

Well. I just fixed my Logitech G27 Shifter Potentiometer. Last time i took it apart, i dont think i put it in the right place, and over time, it waggled out of place. And there was no 1st and 2nd gear :lol: 1st was 3rd. 2nd was 4th. So great having a working shifter :D. Had to clean my Pedals to. Gas pedal was sticking. Only the 4th time ive done this. Back in business!

I did this while my gas pedal was at 10% all the time. So, braking was a bit challenging, since it wouldn't really brake. :banghead:. But i fixed it. And oh boy! You guys werent kidding!

I did have a great battle at The Green Hell. I was in a 458, other was in a RUF RT12R AWD. Love the improvment of FMod, tires feel fantastic too. Same with the Aero.

My thoughts on Assetto Corsa 1.5.6
5Mp1d.gif

Last edited:
Although I would not mind having more laser scan official Kunos tracks, as it stands now, between the totally legit and the not so totally legit converted or created from scratch mod tracks available here and there for AC, there is no world known track that I do not have in AC in addition to a multitude of "Fantasy" track.
Just saying.:sly:

Agree with this. I'm quite sensitive when it comes to car mods (if it's slightly off physics wise I would just delete it). But with tracks as long as the basic layouts and elevations are correct it doesn't really matter if it's not laser scanned or missing some trackside objects. Sure it's nice to have all tracks laser scanned, but the imperfections of track mods are easier to gloss over for me.

For console AC's car list is more than adequate, but the track list leaves a lot to be desired (even with Nurburgring).

Agree with this. I'm quite sensitive when it comes to car mods (if it's slightly off physics wise I would just delete it). But with tracks as long as the basic layouts and elevations are correct it doesn't really matter if it's not laser scanned or missing some trackside objects. Sure it's nice to have all tracks laser scanned, but the imperfections of track mods are easier to gloss over for me.

Yes and no. If you try enough of them, especially some ripped ones, you'll encounter some that have a very poor track mesh and you get little to no feeling from the track surface. I've had some that felt like you were driving on ice, totally ruins any enjoyment.

Yes and no. If you try enough of them, especially some ripped ones, you'll encounter some that have a very poor track mesh and you get little to no feeling from the track surface. I've had some that felt like you were driving on ice, totally ruins any enjoyment.

That's understandable. Certainly if the track is completely billiard table smooth it's not as enjoyable in terms of driving feel. But if that's the only version available of that track, I'll still gladly keep it (until a better version comes out). Whereas with a car mod I have no qualms deleting it if it doesn't meet my expectations. Just different standards for us I guess 👍

Lots of car sounds aren't working after the update :/ Anyone else got the same problem?

There's a few new added sound effects in the latest update, so it probably broke mod cars' sounds again. You can download a temporary fix here (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-sound-fix-v1-3-5-v1-3-6.8087/), although that in turn might break Kunos' original cars sounds. Or just wait for the modders to update their cars.

Very annoying, I know.

That's understandable. Certainly if the track is completely billiard table smooth it's not as enjoyable in terms of driving feel. But if that's the only version available of that track, I'll still gladly keep it (until a better version comes out). Whereas with a car mod I have no qualms deleting it if it doesn't meet my expectations. Just different standards for us I guess 👍

There's a few new added sound effects in the latest update, so it probably broke mod cars' sounds again. You can download a temporary fix here (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ac-sound-fix-v1-3-5-v1-3-6.8087/), although that in turn might break Kunos' original cars sounds. Or just wait for the modders to update their cars.

Very annoying, I know.
Thanks but it happens to the original cars from Kunos, most mods still work with their sounds.

I installed this recently: http://acmods.net/apps/fonsecker-sound-mod/ But now all the cars which use this mod have no sound anymore which is really annoying, was looking forward to test the new sounds out.

I had the same issue with sound mods on official Kunos cars, I'm guessing the update renewed the sound bank files.

I simple unpacked my sound mods again to re-write over Kunos' new files and everything was working again.

AC Changelog 1.5.7

- Fixed end race GUI with Post Processing off
- Fixed Alfa 155 rev limiter sound
- Realtime app tweaked for visibility
- Tyre app : customizable wear colors
- F5 camera plays external sounds
- ksPreviewManager : now it's using a file switcher to keep max rendering settings
- ksEditor : fixed error in saving kn5 of a car project
- Rebalanced special events for Tyre Model 7
- Improved timing and removed "smoothing" messages on acServer

Source: AC Support Forum

Just wanted to mention that historically, there was always more player playing PCars than AC, but for the last 15 days AC is on top, make sense since Kunos is adding feature after feature, so one by one there is always more reason to play AC instead of something else.

http://www.steamcharts.com/cmp/244210,365960,234630#1m
Nice to see A.C. on top of PCars for a change. Man...The rFactor 2 numbers are pretty sad. I've not played it, but I've heard the physics are outstanding - probably the best of the major players. Obviously they are lacking severely in other departments.

Nice to see A.C. on top of PCars for a change. Man...The rFactor 2 numbers are pretty sad. I've not played it, but I've heard the physics are outstanding - probably the best of the major players. Obviously they are lacking severely in other departments.

Why don't you try the demo, you would be able to evaluate it. I did and found nothing outstanding about it. Even in what it is supposed to be so good at, it is not superior to AC, although some people might like it better. But not that many apparently. I am glad I tried it, now it is out of my system and I can concentrate on Assetto without any afterthought. I also understand better why RF2 die hards are so much on the defensive toward AC.

It depends on what you are looking for in a racing sim, there are things in rF2 that AC can't touch. That's not saying one is better or worse than the other, everyone looks for different features or experience. rF2 has a deep "sim" feature set with aim toward online/AI "racing". AC has very good graphics with many more road cars. I race both for different reasons, one doesn't replace the other.

Latest Posts

Back