Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Here's two more

CilxHt1XAAAYR9W.jpg:large

CilxHqLXEAANuZP.jpg:large

And then on their forum...

upload_2016-5-16_16-27-46.png

::sigh:: people are going to lose their damn minds over the MX-5. I don't know why...It's a fun car in real life, but in a sim? Maybe I'll change my mind if Kunos really nails the car perfectly, but that highly praised mod Miata on the official forums doesn't do it for me.

Even though I will always purchase every Dream Pack the second it becomes available, I wasn't all that excited for this Japanese Pack. As time went by my interest in the pack slowly crept upward. Now, I'm drooling for the 370Z NISMO, Supra & Skyline. LOL Kunos could sell me a ketchup popsicle while I'm wearing white gloves. How can I refuse to spend $9.99 or whatever every 4-5 months, for additional content? Gotta support these guys and keep them independent!! While the Turn 10 rumors were just that...some day it could become a reality if cash flow drops significantly. None of us want that. BUY THOSE DREAM PACKS!!!

Very nice. However, the blurriness of the interior instruments always annoys me. Is there a way to completely disable out of focus blurriness both in and outside of the car?

The default post-processing filters have Chromatic Aberration enabled, which causes that blurry effect. To remove it, go into the folder where the post-processing filters are stored (Documents/Assetto Corsa/system/cfg/ppfilters) and open up the file for the filter you use in game with notepad. Under the section marked [CHROMATIC_ABERRATION] change ENABLED=1 to ENABLED=0

::sigh:: people are going to lose their damn minds over the MX-5. I don't know why...It's a fun car in real life, but in a sim? Maybe I'll change my mind if Kunos really nails the car perfectly, but that highly praised mod Miata on the official forums doesn't do it for me.

I don't care much for the homicidal mod Miata but I'm quite looking forward to the MX-5 Cup and fully expect it to be one of my favorite cars in the game. I'm a big fan of slow-to-medium speed race cars and the MX-5 Cup is the epitome of that kind of car. It should make for some very enjoyable racing (hopefully).

Even though I will always purchase every Dream Pack the second it becomes available, I wasn't all that excited for this Japanese Pack. As time went by my interest in the pack slowly crept upward. Now, I'm drooling for the 370Z NISMO, Supra & Skyline. LOL Kunos could sell me a ketchup popsicle while I'm wearing white gloves. How can I refuse to spend $9.99 or whatever every 4-5 months, for additional content? Gotta support these guys and keep them independent!! While the Turn 10 rumors were just that...some day it could become a reality if cash flow drops significantly. None of us want that. BUY THOSE DREAM PACKS!!!
A 250 hp turbocharged version of the stock Miata would be a welcomed addition.:lol:

While the Turn 10 rumors were just that...some day it could become a reality if cash flow drops significantly. None of us want that. BUY THOSE DREAM PACKS!!!

The Turn 10 rumours are fabricated by PRC. Never believe a thing said by those nutcases.

I think Kunos is in good hands as it is. Their core team is small, and they never seem to take a bite more than they can chew. Also they are one of the good guys of the sim racing scene (vs PCARS for example) and they have built up a solid following. Don't forget as well that they supply simulators to several race teams so even if their gamer base left, they will still have a steady source of income (as long as their simulation quality remains top notch).

So, I'm guessing the DP will drop later today? I remember that last time it dropped around 9PM here in Germany.
generally its between 18:00-21:00GMT for everyone, people in europe and america get it fastest and then it slowly trickles around unless the people of greenland connect to a european server.

Ok got some nice screenshots from marco(tom cruise double), also ill have to test my F1 knowledge

13226996_10206347548961546_5376013609258379510_n.jpg

Right first is the FXX K but ignore that, look at the laferrari, it has the standard lights but with the fancy FXX K aero. Is that a new laferrari.

13237810_10206347549001547_4362684344215325757_n.jpg

Here we have the Ferrari 312T, Jim Clark used this to win Le mans 24 hours 5 times.

13221045_10206347549321555_4577303398630816271_n.jpg

That radiator is so big it can probably prevent climate change.

Changelog:

- Oculus Rift SDK 1.3 (WIP Pre Alpha)
- Fixed self shadowing on tyres
- Fixed wrong log output
- Dynamic controllers for turbo boost
- Added RPMS input to dynamic controllers
- Implementation of Scalable Apps
- Fixed replay Interface
- Fixed setup info screen
- Added filtered speed
- Fixed race non progression when player is not moving
- Improved MP collision system
- Improved AI fuel handling
- Shared Memory: return type from bool to int
- Fixed Hotlap Mode unlocking achievement through not valid laps
- Fixed deltaT for renderAudio
- Bodywork and horn volumes uses engineVolume
- Bodywork's smoothvalue use a different alpha
- Added analogic placeholder for car modellers
- Added option to draw driver's label on focused car (system\cfg\name_displayer.ini -> DRAW_FOCUSEDCAR)
- Fixed CameraCar bad nearplane when forcing camera mode change (see exiting from replay)
- Implementation of Chat App (system\cfg\chat_app.ini)
- SharedMemory: Moved AirTemp/RoadTemp from Static to Physics, old values in static are deprecated
- Timing use also the hour/minutes format
- Fixed GoToPits Cheat to start from the pits.
- Added 4 Wheel Steer systems (Nissan Skyline , Mazda RX7)
- acServerManager : storing Driver data also save the current model/skin, so through drag&drop the saved skin can be used on a new slot)
- Added flags indications for completed session in leaderboards
- F9 overlay leaderboard is now avoiding red colours for better differentiation of opponent proximity indicators
- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons
- Engine performance is now dependent on air density/temperature
- New AWD transmission code, still WIP (Nissan Skyline & Alfa 155)
- Fixed pitstop window not appearing when AI retired some car
- Experimental heating corrections on semislick tyres for Lotus 2-11, Exige Scura, Exige 240 and S3, Lotus Elise SC, KTM X-Bow, Mazda MX5 ND, Toyota AE86 Tuned and Drift
- BOP for GT3 cars
- Improved Mercedes AMG GT3 data

Since when were there cheats? What other cheats are there?
It's less of a "cheat" and more of an "exploit" - I know, they refer to the same thing, but when I hear "cheat", I think of something that was intended to be in the game or that made its way into the game via external work.
There are not other cheats as such, but there might be a few bugs that can gain you an advantage - I don't know of any, though.

Back