Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Since when were there cheats? What other cheats are there?

In previous versions, you could go back into the pits from the pause menu while sitting on the start grid, allowing you to start the race from the pitlane and giving you a nice lead in most cases. I think that's what it's referring to.

I gathered a quick Q and A regarding the new change log, from a thread on the official forums:

Q: "- Added filtered speed". What does it mean?
A (Stefano): lol no idea.. nobody knows, I've removed it

Q: Thank you Stefano for implementing VR for all Oculus Rift users out there. It would be nice if you would also consider adding Vive-support (I have two Vives, but no Oculus CV1).
A (Aris): We will do Vive too, just need more time, thanks for the patience.

Q: "What is dynamic controller for turbo boost?"
A (Stefano): Turbo controlled by onboard computers. The RX7 stock in the JDM pack has it for now.

Q: "- Added RPMS input to dynamic controllers", "- Implementation of Scalable Apps". What do these mean?
A (Aris): AC uses dynamic controllers for various features. For example active aero uses telemetry inputs (controllers) to get data and move wings in whatever needed way. G forces, Gas, Brake, slipangles etc are just some examples of such dynamic controllers. So you can for example move a wing or lock a differential, depending on the g forces... New to this list is the RPMS of the engine. You can move wings, differentials or turbo pressures, depending the RPMS of the engine. Handy.
Scalable apps, means that you can now scale up and down the size of our apps on screen.

Q: "- Implementation of Chat App (system\cfg\chat_app.ini)". What is different from the chat that we have now?
A (Aris): it's an app that you can use while driving

Q: "BOP for GT3" - Does that mean the cars have been balanced or that tools to do so have been added?
A (Aris): A bit more balanced. As usual we want the cars to be close, not identical. If the cars are close, then the leagues can add ballast and setup limitations in a more efficient way.

I gathered a quick Q and A regarding the new change log, from a thread on the official forums:

Q: Thank you Stefano for implementing VR for all Oculus Rift users out there. It would be nice if you would also consider adding Vive-support (I have two Vives, but no Oculus CV1).

A (Stefano): Turbo controlled by onboard computers. The RX7 stock in the JDM pack has it for now.

Q: "- Added RPMS input to dynamic controllers", "- Implementation of Scalable Apps". What do these mean?
A (Aris): AC uses dynamic controllers for various features. For example active aero uses telemetry inputs (controllers) to get data and move wings in whatever needed way. G forces, Gas, Brake, slipangles etc are just some examples of such dynamic controllers. So you can for example move a wing or lock a differential, depending on the g forces... New to this list is the RPMS of the engine. You can move wings, differentials or turbo pressures, depending the RPMS of the engine. Handy.
Scalable apps, means that you can now scale up and down the size of our apps on screen.

Q: "- Implementation of Chat App (system\cfg\chat_app.ini)". What is different from the chat that we have now?

Q: "BOP for GT3" - Does that mean the cars have been balanced or that tools to do so have been added?
A (Aris): A bit more balanced. As usual we want the cars to be close, not identical. If the cars are close, then the leagues can add ballast and setup limitations in a more efficient way.
Someone ask about this:

Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons

Please.;)

Changelog:

- Added 4 Wheel Steer systems (Nissan Skyline , Mazda RX7)

Interesting bits, HICAS used by Skyline is unique 4 wheel steering, wonder if Kunos will simulate this based on specific vehicle ( RX7 4WS is different than HICAS )

- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons

This is a joke I guess to the infamous "Assetto Corsa has no simulation value" comment at PRC.net :lol:
Now you can increase the simulation value :P

- Engine performance is now dependent on air density/temperature

Another interesting bits, turbo cars will have the greatest effect, charge temp will greatly influenced power output at respective boost level and higher altitude should have effect on power output.

- New AWD transmission code, still WIP (Nissan Skyline & Alfa 155)

The Skyline ATTESA system is unique, totally different than one used in Alfa 155.
The R32 GTR ATTESA is reactive/responsive to throttle play, this allows it to drift quite an angle when the driver intentionally wanted it to happen ( brake / lift off induced drift )

One day when I can play AC, I would be very excited to drive cars like Skyline, wonder if AC can pull it off.

Filtered speed is to help AI with braking and trail braking. Apparently it helps to stop the flickering brakes that the ai sometimes have. For some reason only one of the devs knows what its for lol.

3f6f16f02b.jpg

could you give us a link to this thread, I cannot find it.

the reference to: ''- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons" is hilarious, and perfectly inline with a previous statement referring to having increased the placebo effect 21%, Kunos as a great sense of humor.

could you give us a link to this thread, I cannot find it.
Hi Cote. Sorry, I might have been a bit vague. What I meant was that I just collected some questions and answers. They are not standing together, they are just from different places in the "From the Facebook" thread. :)
Here is the first answer I quoted: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/from-the-facebook.22763/page-511#post-685851
Just thought it could be useful to have them together in one place.

Edit: OMG again the price is ridiculous. Costs about two beers half a beer in Norway.

Last edited:
Anyone know which Supra is in AC ? US spec, JDM spec, post or pre sept '97 ? Supra power/torque/gear ratio/weight often got incorrect figure in games.

The Nissan Skyline R34. Did 5 laps with it. and what i think about it? -> :drool::drool::drool:
The Sound.. The Handling.. Just everything.

tumblr_inline_o5y5unvjQp1tbrtw8_500.gif

What version is the R34, Nur spec, vanilla, or the Vspec II ? Did you managed to do a small drift around 80kmh bends ? The R34 is great for gymkhana, more nimble than R33.

All this making me want to get AC :P

Liking everything so far but the ND needs more body roll. I don't think Mazda has ever made a Miata that corners as flat as this one stock.

Anyone know which Supra is in AC ? US spec, JDM spec, post or pre sept '97 ? Supra power/torque/gear ratio/weight often got incorrect figure in games.

What version is the R34, Nur spec, vanilla, or the Vspec II ? Did you managed to do a small drift around 80kmh bends ? The R34 is great for gymkhana, more nimble than R33.

Its the R34 GT-R V-Spec, and yes, on the corner exit of a turn the rear does go out. It's quite nimble and i'm quite in love with it.

As for the Supra.

c95ac503aa.jpg

You can read more about all new cars in pack on Steam page (Link) or below:
Japanese Pack
Welcome to the JAPANESE PACK, the newest add-on content pack available for ASSETTO CORSA, featuring all-new cars chosen by our community.
Directly from the very best of the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM), Assetto Corsa proudly presents the Japanese Pack, introducing seven new cars in a total of twelve versions, creating the perfect mix of vehicles of different classes, types and ages, ready to satisfy the taste of Assetto Corsa fans!
The development team has worked incredibly closely with car manufacturer with the aim to reproduce each car in all their detail, as well as the heritage, atmosphere and thrilling driving experience that only this combination of car models can guarantee.

- Features Mazda MX-5 2015
- Features Mazda MX-5 CUP
- Features Mazda RX-7 Spirit R + tuned version
- Features Toyota Supra MK IV + time attack and Drift version
- Features Toyota AE86 Trueno + tuned and Drift version
- Features Nissan 370Z NISMO
- Features Nissan GT-R R34 Skyline V-Spec

Mazda MX-5 2016 and MX-5 CUP
The Mazda MX-5 Miata is famous to be a highly capable racing platform; it is known as the best-selling roadster in the world, and some even claim that this model is the most road-raced car world-wide. Mazda seems to agree, so starting in 2016, there will be multiple Mazda Global MX-5 Cup series around the world, all using the same 4th-generation model.

Mazda RX-7 Spirit R
The third-generation RX-7, first launched in 1991, has a particularly distinctive exterior design. Its lightweight, compact and high-output rotary engine enables the driver to feel its superb driving pleasure. Epitomizing Mazda's spirit of sports cars, the RX-7 won popularity among customers since its 1978 launch. The production of the latest RX-7 model (FD-3S) came to an end in August 2002.
The Spirit R series is available in three models: the Type-A, a two-seater with a five-speed manual transmission; the Type-B, a four-seater with a five-speed manual transmission; and the Type-C, a four-seater with a four-speed automatic transmission. All three models are equipped with common interior and exterior features, such as BBS-manufactured 17-inch wheels, red brake calipers, and interior panels with a special soft coating, while each model shows off distinctive equipment to make a difference from the other. The Type-A Spirit R is a two-seater model fitted with Recaro-made exclusive red full bucket seats. These lightweight seats reduce the overall chassis weight of the vehicle by approximately 10 kg. Braking performance is enhanced through the use of large drilled ventilated disk brakes for all four wheels and high-rigidity stainless mesh brake hoses. The Type-A Spirit R model is the ultimate RX-7, boasting the most outstanding driving performance in its history.

Nissan 370Z NISMO 2016
Although it has now been 45 years since the arrival of the original 240Z, its influence remains strong in the sports car world and in the design of the current-generation 370Z Coupé. The iconic shape, formed by the combination of a short wheelbase, wide track, low centre of gravity and a fluid silhouette, is as instantly recognizable today as it was in 1970.
Even more than the racing-inspired aerodynamic body and driver-oriented cockpit-style interior, at its core the NISMO is all about performance. To that end, the 370Z NISMO includes a potent 350-horsepower 3.7-liter DOHC V6 engine with Variable Valve Event and Lift Control (VVEL).
The 370Z NISMO's enhanced engine power and acceleration is provided through the use of an exclusive H-configured exhaust system design and muffler tuning, along with optimized ECM (Engine Control Module) calibration, to help create 18 horsepower more than a standard 370Z. Torque is rated at 276 lb-ft.

Nissan GT-R R34 Skyline V-Spec
1999 saw the introduction of the new Skyline R34 GT-R, with a wealth of history behind it and an enviable reputation to live up to. A 'super-evolution' of the model it replaced, the R34 GT-R is more advanced in every respect. Its body is stiffer and its aerodynamics package is further refined, and the V-spec features front and rear carbon-fibre diffusers under the car, and dual-wing adjustable aerofoil on the boot lid. Among the many technical refinements under the bonnet are twin ceramic intercooled turbochargers, which effectively eliminate turbo lag. There is also more torque and better power delivery.
A six-speed Getrag transmission delivers the engine's output to the wheels. Improvements had been made to the ATTESA four-wheel drive system, which features E-TS, or Electronic Torque Split. This gives the driver the entertainment of a 100 percent rear-wheel drive car, together with the traction and safety of a 50:50 four-wheel drive system when conditions demand it. This is further backed up by 'intelligent' electronic limited-slip differential. Refinements to the Super HICAS rear-wheel steer system include an electronic yaw-rate Feedback Control System for even more precise control of the rear wheels in extreme situations.
Quicker turbo response was achieved through the use of new turbochargers. Power is fed through a new six-speed close ratio Getrag gearbox. The basic engine goes back some nine years and was first developed for racing applications. In racing specification the engine comfortably produces upwards of 507bhp.

Toyota AE86
The AE86 generation of the Toyota Sprinter Trueno is a small, lightweight coupe or hatchback introduced by Toyota in 1983. In classic Toyota code, the 'A' represents the engine that came in the car (4A series), 'E' represents the Corolla, '8' represents the fifth generation (E80 series), while '6' represents the variation within this generation.
Even after production of the car was discontinued in 1987, many privateer teams kept on racing the AE86, and it is still a popular choice today for rallying and club races.
Part of the continued appeal of the AE86 for motorsports is its rear-drive configuration, a feature not available in most new lightweight coupes.

Toyota Supra MK IV
In 1979, the Supra's 2.6-liter inline-six cylinder engine was the first Toyota production engine to be equipped with electronic fuel injection. The Supra was available with both manual and automatic transmission, and came standard with 4-wheel-independent suspension and 4-wheel disk brakes.
With the exception of minor styling updates, the next major change occurred in 1993, when the Supra entered the realm of supercars. Available in both turbo and non-turbo guise, the new Supra was a radical departure from Supras of old. Performance was now the name of the game, and many weight-saving measures were employed – Toyota went so far as to equip the vehicle with hollow carpet fibres and make the rear spoiler (optional on turbo models) hollow.
The Turbo model was hailed by all major magazines as a true world-beater. With 280hp, the vehicle was capable of 0-100 km/h sprints in under 5 seconds, and carried on to an electronically-limited top speed of 250 km/h. This was the highest level of performance, and the strongest commitment to performance, Toyota had ever placed in one vehicle.

Back