Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Its the R34 GT-R V-Spec, and yes, on the corner exit of a turn the rear does go out. It's quite nimble and i'm quite in love with it.

As for the Supra.

c95ac503aa.jpg

Wow, I envy you :P For the Supra, looks like 1st gen MKIV, with 16 inch wheel ? and that 280HP :(

Language warning:

Is the Tsukuba an official AC track or mod ? Wonder if the R34 can do 1:04s there on stock trim/tires.

I hope there's a Z-Tune added... But yeah it does roll quite a bit on semi slicks, had a bit of lift of oversteer, but its really not that bad.

The Z tune power would likely be wrong in games :lol: the power figure often mentioned are just "official" conservative numbers, 500+PS, that should be at the wheel number if looking at the boost level and the stroked engine. How much power the R34 has, hopefully not 280HP :lol: ( on telemetry, does it show ? )

Can you do hard launch at 5500-6000 RPM clutch drop with the R34 GTR ? It should hook up nicely :P

I absolutely adore the RX7, the Supra, the 370Z and the stock MX5! All of these cars are just so much fun! :eek:

And the sound of the 370Z is simply orgasmic!

The R34 is quite decent as well, however it feels like there's a deadspot in the steering, still have to get used to it I guess. But through the bank, JDM icons are running easily around 7:40 around the ring.

Did it reset the FOV for anyone else?

Other than that, it's a very interesting and unexpected pack. Almost entirely road cars, filling out the roster presumably to offer a good selection for console release?

P.S. I like the fact that the UI elements can now be resized. Very handy change.

Last edited:
Did it reset the FOV for anyone else?

Other than that, it's a very interesting and unexpected pack. Almost entirely road cars, filling out the roster presumably to offer a good selection for console release?

Make sure you're cockpit view, sometimes it switches to the new dash view after an update.

Lucky muzz... The MX-5 Cup cars would be awesome to race. What is the maximum number of cars on any given track in AC?

Make sure you're cockpit view, sometimes it switches to the new dash view after an update.
oh it was definitely cockpit view. The global FOV reset itself. Once I realized and changed it back, all was sorted. Just curious if anyone else had that.

Just did a quick 7 lapper in the MX-5 cup against the AI. Definitely a fun car to race.

The Supra Time Attack has close to 700bhp :) but 1500kg :( It will still be a handful I guess

Is Kunos planning on updating the official website and include a full list of cars & tracks, which DLC they come from, etc?
I know about the list on RaceDepartment but I find it odd that the official website doesn't have that info.

Wow, I envy you :P For the Supra, looks like 1st gen MKIV, with 16 inch wheel ? and that 280HP :(

Is the Tsukuba an official AC track or mod ? Wonder if the R34 can do 1:04s there on stock trim/tires.

The Z tune power would likely be wrong in games :lol: the power figure often mentioned are just "official" conservative numbers, 500+PS, that should be at the wheel number if looking at the boost level and the stroked engine. How much power the R34 has, hopefully not 280HP :lol: ( on telemetry, does it show ? )

Can you do hard launch at 5500-6000 RPM clutch drop with the R34 GTR ? It should hook up nicely :P

Tsukuba is not an official track yet, hopefully sometime it the future it will come, ill look for mods and give you a time. Even the Mines R34, is quite stupidly fast. Clutch Drop wise, it hooks up quite well!

0ce44f22c0.jpg

84feba3105.jpg

6cfbe75c34.jpg

- Added new [ASSETTO_CORSA] SIMULATION_VALUE parameter. Increase the number to increase simulation value. Defaults to 0 for obvious reasons

This is curious.....

Sticks out like a sore thumb...wonder what that is:confused:

It's a joke stemming from this spam poster at PRC who keep posting a long and lengthy post in every article about AC's supposed "unrealistic" features compared to rFactor 2. Every post is titled "Assetto Corsa is ARCADE and has NO SIMULATION VALUE". It's pretty much become a sim racing meme now :lol: Glad to see Kunos taking a piss on these guys. I'm gonna go grab a popcorn and wait for the resulting PRC article :P

Q: "BOP for GT3" - Does that mean the cars have been balanced or that tools to do so have been added?
A (Aris): A bit more balanced. As usual we want the cars to be close, not identical. If the cars are close, then the leagues can add ballast and setup limitations in a more efficient way.

I'm a bit confused by this. From my understanding, the GT3 cars in real life are balanced in preseason testing so their laptimes are similar, even if their power/weight are not. If AC inputs their specs correctly then they should automatically be balanced no? Or does AC inputs their unbalanced (i.e. unnerfed) specs and then added a power limiter and ballast in the settings?

I've been trying to beat the lap record at Bathurst in the 650S GT3 (2.01.xxx set by SVG this year) and the car is not getting anywhere close to real life laptimes, even if I factor the 2-3 seconds deficit I usually have to the top drivers.

I've been trying to beat the lap record at Bathurst in the 650S GT3 (2.01.xxx set by SVG this year) and the car is not getting anywhere close to real life laptimes, even if I factor the 2-3 seconds deficit I usually have to the top drivers.

It's a mod track so it may not be as accurate as a laser scanned track. Also depends on which one you're using, there's at least two and one of them is quite inaccurate. The other one is actually pretty good but it still could be off by enough to be a couple seconds slower.

It's a mod track so it may not be as accurate as a laser scanned track. Also depends on which one you're using, there's at least two and one of them is quite inaccurate. The other one is actually pretty good but it still could be off by enough to be a couple seconds slower.

Track innaccuracy was my first thought as well, although it doesn't seem to be off by much. I think I got the worse version though so I'm gonna try the better one (acu_bathurst v1.01 I presume) and see 👍

I reinstalled the natural graphics mod, and it made my menu size smaller again. Anyone know how to increase the menu font/size? It barely takes up half the width of my screen now:

funny-gifs-cant-see.gif

Track innaccuracy was my first thought as well, although it doesn't seem to be off by much. I think I got the worse version though so I'm gonna try the better one (acu_bathurst v1.01 I presume) and see 👍

Yes, THIS is the good one. I've heard it's fairly close to the iRacing laser-scanned version, but maybe not quite accurate enough for lap times to be precise to the real thing. Still good fun though! 👍

Yes, THIS is the good one. I've heard it's fairly close to the iRacing laser-scanned version, but maybe not quite accurate enough for lap times to be precise to the real thing. Still good fun hough! 👍
That's an amazing mod track! Bumpy surface as well, simply awesome! Just wondering, are the roads that narrow IRL too?

Tsukuba is not an official track yet, hopefully sometime it the future it will come, ill look for mods and give you a time. Even the Mines R34, is quite stupidly fast. Clutch Drop wise, it hooks up quite well!

0ce44f22c0.jpg

84feba3105.jpg

6cfbe75c34.jpg

:drool:
Are these cars modifiable in game ? Like can you adjust springs, LSD, power via boost controller, tire size etc on the Supra drift and time attack ? Can you tune the R34 GTR, like boost, rear aero, springs, tire size, LSD and alignment ( caster,camber,toe ) ?

R34 official dyno chart from Nissan, though it's 280PS :lol:

R34GTRdynoNissan.jpg

JZA80 Toyota Dyno (JDM)

JAZ802JZDyno.jpg

:drool:
Are these cars modifiable in game ? Like can you adjust springs, LSD, power via boost controller, tire size etc on the Supra drift and time attack ? Can you tune the R34 GTR, like boost, rear aero, springs, tire size, LSD and alignment ( caster,camber,toe ) ?

R34 official dyno chart from Nissan, though it's 280PS :lol:

View attachment 547451

JZA80 Toyota Dyno (JDM)

View attachment 547458

1. The Time Attack / Drift Variant Supra have adjustable boost controller, fully adjustable suspension. Tires you can't adjust however, there is like 3 compound variants.

2. For the SpecV, you can only tune like Camber, and Toe, rest is not adjustable.

1. The Time Attack / Drift Variant Supra have adjustable boost controller, fully adjustable suspension. Tires you can't adjust however, there is like 3 compound variants.

2. For the SpecV, you can only tune like Camber, and Toe, rest is not adjustable.

:( I was hoping in AC tire size can be customized so you can adjust stagger setup if wished or use same front and rear tire tread.

Hit me up if you want R34 GTR Japanese Dealer alignment spec and Supra JDM alignment + street spec alignment used by my mate in Oz ( stock caster is not that good ) :)

If the stock Supra ( base variant ) has 3.266 final gear, then it's JDM version, pre 1995 MY has 16 inch wheel as standard ( RZ-S has 16" ), FYI, the JDM Supra has 339PS stock power ( BOSCH Dyno ) and 1599kg weight.

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused by this. From my understanding, the GT3 cars in real life are balanced in preseason testing so their laptimes are similar, even if their power/weight are not. If AC inputs their specs correctly then they should automatically be balanced no? Or does AC inputs their unbalanced (i.e. unnerfed) specs and then added a power limiter and ballast in the settings?

I think this slight 'tweak' for the BOP might be due to a few tweaks made for v1.6 - namely improvements for the AMG GT3's data, and ambient-temps now affecting power (and the potential for that affecting Turbo vs. N/A motors)

I (and some at the AC-forums) suspected some things needed refinement & tweaking, seeing how almost across-the-board for players the AMG GT3 was notably off-pace compared to the other GT3s pre-v1.6 - And after a few hours of running GT3 vs. GT3 vs. GT3 tonight, although I'm no end-all-be-all driver, I can say the cars are much closer now in their performances for me, less than half-a-second in most cases, which IMO is awesome. 👍

Last edited:
Remember when Kunos stated that the Celica would be coming? Wondering what happened to it.

I was thinking the same. That was the one I was most excited about due to Kunos not actually stating which Celica in particular it was going to be.

Back