Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Semi-ironic PRC reader

;)

Please, we have to stop mentioning those people and that site, that is all that is needed to have them disappear.
They feed on clicks and only care about creating issues to attract them.
I wish it would be different, like an alternative source of information, but it is not, just a waste of our time.
Trust me, all is needed is to ignore it, that simple. no peeking, no comments, no mentions.

mrbeam, David, or both? :confused:
Well it started with David attacking Aris. Then there was a spiral. I'm not gonna go into detail, its ancient history, i once had respect for them but they knew what they were talking about but once the issues they complained about got fixed they still complained but now without the facts to back them out. Problems are problems i recognise that but if you find them then back it up with something

Please, we have to stop mentioning those people and that site, that is all that is needed to have them disappear.
They feed on clicks and only care about creating issues to attract them.
I wish it would be different, like an alternative source of information, but it is not, just a waste of our time.
Trust me, all is needed is to ignore it, that simple. no peeking, no comments, no mentions.
Meh i still read the articles for the entertainment value, just like a tabloid is sometimes handy during a toilet visit. It's enjoyable.

Funny how they got hoaxed with the 'insider rumor' that T10 was going to acquire Kunos. That was deliberately set up no @brownninja97 :P ?

Meh i still read the articles for the entertainment value, just like a tabloid is sometimes handy during a toilet visit. It's enjoyable.

Funny how they got hoaxed with the 'insider rumor' that T10 was going to acquire Kunos. That was deliberately set up no @brownninja97 :P ?
in all honesty i think it was a slow news day and they thought screw it lets go nuts. I generally dont care what they want to do but dont bring my name into it. I'm playing the long game on this one, their failed attempt at slander is a mistake they will remember for a long time. The best part is that he is digging his own grave, i just have help him lie in it.

From what I understand during the early stages of Kunos, around 2014 where they noticed that sales figures were outstanding. The result was that when modding hit the ground they hired the talent

As for using modded models when they get the license they have an option to make a model or to use one. Using a modded one means it can no longer count as freeware and the creator loses rights to the model(eg they cant modify it) as its property of kunos. They get paid of course, kunos benefit because it saves a crap load of time(it might save money im not sure), more modders get motivation.

Modders and 3d art creators benefit because they can say their model is in the game, several artists jumped in at this offer, its fantastic advertising afterall(ive also benefited from it).

Current models made by modders(some customizing of course)

Shelby Cobra
Audi Sport Quattro
Audi Sport Quattro E2(not out yet, was teased in a dev stream last year, its the hillclimb car)
Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 V-Spec
Mazda MX-5 first gen
Mazda 787B
Lamborghini Muira QV

The creators of the Cobra and Audi work for kunos now, the guy that made the Cobra made the AMG GT3 and Toyota Supra for example.

Going further back the lead of physics at Kunos was involved in a lot of mods from rfactor 1
I don't know if any other devs have done this but incorporating the mods into the game was a stroke of genius IMO. It's a win/win/win/win for everyone involved from the consumer to the dev to the modder to the manufacturer. It encourages other modders to produce top quality work as well so they might benefit from having their work incorporated into the game. Pure genius

I don't know if any other devs have done this but incorporating the mods into the game was a stroke of genius IMO. It's a win/win/win/win for everyone involved from the consumer to the dev to the modder to the manufacturer. It encourages other modders to produce top quality work as well so they might benefit from having their work incorporated into the game. Pure genius
Totally agree! And it's going to ensure that AC will last for a long time. I play R3E and PCars as well, but what makes AC so great (in addition to the fantastic driving experience) is that it is so incredibly customizable. You can do pretty much anything you want.

Finally just got the Japanese Pack :D Pretty good value for money and definitely gives AC some much needed variety from the Eastern part of the world 👍

RX7 sounds and drives amazing. That characteristic rotary whine is soooo good.

Stock Supra feels slower than I thought IMO. The Tuned one is amazing though. I took it for a drive on Shuto C1 and just enjoyed hearing the BOV sounds when lifting. Drift version is fun as well. I think this is the most powerful drift car we have so far, which makes for some looooong slides :D

Trueno is slow but fun. The stock one doesn't have enough power to get you in trouble, even with the least grippiest tyres. Even the Tuned and Drift variants doesn't have enough power. The sounds are not as good as AE86 Club mod in rFactor as well. Probably the least exciting car in the pack for me, though part of it I think is the Initial D hype making me have unrealistic expectations :P

R34 drives like a Playstation on wheels, just as expected. Loads of grip, but can also oversteer when provoked. And that rev limiter sound is to die for :drool:

370Z is a well balanced car. Can pull off some nice slides. The sound is a bit synthetic though but I'm not familiar with the car IRL so maybe that's how it is.

MX5 is like a slightly modern version of the Trueno. A bit less understeer because of the better weight distribution. The stock version is a bit slow, but the Cup version with slicks is a total hoot to drive. Really captures the spirit of the real car 👍

I hope Kunos keeps bringing more Japanese cars, especially Honda/Mitsubishi/Subaru to complete the big 6 lineup :D If they do I won't care about GT Sport anymore :lol:

Last edited:
I can't even begin to describe how incredibly disappointed I am and how terrible the GT-R drives within the CoC.

That dead spot is seriously bad to a point where I want to avoid this car like the plague, which is a shame, because the sound is fantastic.

http://www.alphr.com/games/1002182/...d-ps4-gameplay-gran-turismo-7-hands-on-review

according to this guy who played gts, sounds not as good as project cars and physics not as good as assetto corsa...graphics on par with driveclub is the positive... crazy sad they dont acknowledge the crappy sounds from the gt6...hope they fix for their release
People have been hoping that the sounds were only 'place holders' for years. Wasn't the case then and won't be the case now...

I can't even begin to describe how incredibly disappointed I am and how terrible the GT-R drives within the CoC.

That dead spot is seriously bad to a point where I want to avoid this car like the plague, which is a shame, because the sound is fantastic.

What's CoC?

If you're talking about the deadzone, you might want to calibrate your wheel using WheelCheck (see 3rd & 4th app down): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-tools-tips-and-tricks.325126/. Basically it adjusts the FFB force to compensate for the non-linear motors of your wheel. The Minimum Force setting in-game also does this, but not as accurate.

Last edited:
The RX7, Skyline, and Supra all have interesting handling traits... But none of them do I particularly like. The Supra feels too touchy, the RX7 not touchy enough, and the Skyline is just awkward. But then we come to the other half of the pack. Now, it doesn't surprise me that I'm not a fan of the first three cars. I am definitely not what you'd consider a fan of JDM. Infact, I often try to avoid JDM because of my inner hipster (yes, I have one of those.. I just usually deny it).

Mazda MX-5 ND

A very neutral car, it will do all the fun stuff, hotlapping, sliding. But it doesn't really have much character, it's just around a tonne of car. As a car on a windy mountain road in the real world, it would be great as you could have some fun with no real danger of losing control. It's a very easy car to drive, and that's why this car is perfect for a beginner. A fun car to just drive on unfamiliar roads.

Toyota AE86

Some cars grip... This one doesn't. Rather shamefully (being someone who avoids Initial D like the plague), I really enjoy this car's handling. The fastest way to drive it seems to be ever so slightly beyond its grip levels, sliding ever so slightly. It makes for a fun car to just drive around a track, which is exactly what I like in a car. However, while the MX5 is a car I believe would be perfect in the real world for a spirited drive in the twisties, this car could be a potential disaster because of that low level of grip. Though it is slow, so you might be alright. :P

Nissan 370Z Nismo

Hands down the best car in the pack. Which is strange, because the first time I drove it, I actually hated it. I came away disappointed, thinking it was numb, dumb, and a boat with decorations. But then I gave it a second go, with new track conditions, and it very quickly became clear that this car means business. I wasn't as fast as the RX7 around the track, but I was smiling too much to care. You can drive it fast, and it feels amazing, or you could drive it sideways, and it still feels amazing. For me, it's one of those cars that just hits the part of you that makes you laugh. So what I want to know is, what the hell was I on when I first drove it?

Final thoughts

I was rather excited for this pack, because they said they were planning on putting a Celica in, and I was hoping to see an ST205 GT-Four. And when it wasn't included I said I wouldn't get the pack... But of course I gave in to temptation. Infact that's a lie, my cousin wanted to drive them with me online, so I bought the pack because heck, it was only $6. But I'm glad I bought it to be honest, because for three cars I like are very good additions to the game.

I should also mention that all the cars I drove, I tested on Magione, 17 degrees C, at 11:30 with the track conditions set to "old."

What's CoC?

If you're talking about the deadzone, you might want to calibrate your wheel using WheelCheck (see 3rd & 4th app down): https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-tools-tips-and-tricks.325126/. Basically it adjusts the FFB force to compensate for the non-linear motors of your wheel. The Minimum Force setting in-game also does this, but not as accurate.

Code of Conduct.

And I don't need to calibrate the wheel, the Skyline is the only car in the entire game that has that issue.

Final thoughts

I was rather excited for this pack, because they said they were planning on putting a Celica in, and I was hoping to see an ST205 GT-Four. And when it wasn't included I said I wouldn't get the pack... But of course I gave in to temptation. Infact that's a lie, my cousin wanted to drive them with me online, so I bought the pack because heck, it was only $6. But I'm glad I bought it to be honest, because for three cars I like are very good additions to the game.

I should also mention that all the cars I drove, I tested on Magione, 17 degrees C, at 11:30 with the track conditions set to "old."

Everyone wants the ST205 GT-Four.

You know this is why i love these packs, packs that traditionally a lot of people would hate at first glance get a time to. Many people thought the 370Z would be crap, im sure some didnt give it a chance at all but it drives way better then i was expecting.

As for the celica ive expected asking before which one it is. Devs were having a laugh about it. Tbh i wouldnt be surprised if they got more then one celica generation in.

370Z hands down the most interesting car in the pack i've tried so far. Favourite is the MX-5 road car. That and Brands Indy are made for each other.

The first car i tried was the R34... In special colour Midnight purple II, nice but I couldn't push the car, only drive it. I suspect the issue @20832 raised is the cause, though I didn't recognise it at the time.

Just watched that video of the MX5 around Brands Hatch in Gran Turismo Sport. Kunos have nothing to worry about...
Only thing I saw that I really like is this:
IMG_20160522_202556_zpsst9pwjm5.jpg

I'd love Kunos to do a step version like this!

the more i hear the sounds in gts, they more relieved that assetto and pcars exist, the new ferrarri vid is horrible, no "personality " in the sound, imo

The FXXK, 488, and the Praga all have the "June3rd Package" label. Is that going to be a free pack for PC?

Assuming that too hasn't swapped for a later date, yes, the (original) idea was to release simultaneously alongside the console version.

Just watched that video of the MX5 around Brands Hatch in Gran Turismo Sport. Kunos have nothing to worry about...
Only thing I saw that I really like is this:

*pic*

I'd love Kunos to do a step version like this!

This so much, along with the Jag F-Type Gr.3 :drool: I give PD a lot of flak for their simulation aspects, but one thing they never fail to deliver is their fictional race cars. AC's Step cars have always looked pretty underwhelming IMO (understandable given the size of their team though).

This so much, along with the Jag F-Type Gr.3 :drool: I give PD a lot of flak for their simulation aspects, but one thing they never fail to deliver is their fictional race cars. AC's Step cars have always looked pretty underwhelming IMO (understandable given the size of their team though).
Yep, ever since GT2 their own race modified cars have looked awesome.

Back