Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
You can blame nissan as much as kunos. Kunos dont get to control how much information they get, they have a large request list for information but they dont always get everything and there isnt much they can do about that at times.

On the cutting edge we have the huayra in which the raw code from the car is in assetto corsa on the other hand there is the AE86, its an older car so chances are there arent original cad files for the car's appearance, they likely dont get telemetry of it unless they consult an owner which would still not be accurate as its not tested in a controlled environment.

Think about the Lotus 49, there is pretty much nothing you can use, whether they like it or not there isnt much they can do to record the tyres of those days. there are things which were legal then which are illegal now. What if kunos wants to run a car that uses ethanol as fuel, they cant do that in Italy, its illegal.

Its a sad reality check, kunos is the closest it has got but sadly there isnt much that can be done, a lot of records were lost, no one thought oh we need to keep these resources of our toyota corolla or abarth 595ss etc because a sim will require them one day.

---------------------------------------

Ironically the manufacturer with the most documentation on their old race cars and road cars is Porsche. And well, i dont need to explain how much of a shame that is.

To end on a slightly better note we get close, not perfect but close and for the majority of the cars its close enough for a lot of people.

No doubt I have a lot of respect for the work Kunos has done and how close it's been able to get with limited resources, and there's nothing really that can be done about that. But I think writing it off as "low priority" is not the way to go about it. Maybe it's my perfectionist nature but if you're going to add a car, everything that can be modelled correctly should be done so. If there's limited or nonexistent resources then so be it, there's nothing we can do to change that. But to me, failure to fully utilise your resources is a greater shame than no car at all.

Research stage in building a car is difficult, some cars, there are wealth of information out there from enthusiasts page, forums and tuning garage sites. They may provide manuals, feedback on how the car perform in real, tuning do and dont's, trivial specs/data, unique car characteristics/traits, dyno charts, damper curves, spring data, LSD data etc. These information can be absorbed and used to help shape the car behavior in a game helping the inadequacy of data from manufacturer.

R34 GTR for example, if precise accurate simulation of the ATTESA/ETS PRO not possible, use different way to reach the same goal, keeping the real car behavior as much as possible ( 100% rear in ideal condition, 5% rear wheel speed difference to front activation, rear wheel side to side torque, 50%:50% max front/rear just to name a few )

One of the good source for ATTESA is from Australian team ( NISMO/Gibson ) that competed with R32 GTR back in ATCC days, they have wealth of ATTESA telemetry data when they were tuning it for the 4 preset switchable ATTESA system. Getting in touch with them if the people still exist and data itself, is like a gamble :(

This is an example of the old data from crappy video, it's very rare/hard to find better ones :

ATTESA R23 GTR NISMO GIBSON TEST.jpg

From the telemetry chart ( Gr A R32 GTR from ATCC ), we can see a bit of how much torque being sent, how the lateral/longitudinal and wheel speed correlates.

Last edited:
4ee7c8b23b9b9d65515eb483b893135c.png

Well I assume this means that the next pack will be flat out race cars.

Oh boy is that an interesting concept considering how wide the spectrum of race cars they have licensed which arent in the game yet.

For example

They have the Toyota TS040, Mclaren P1 GTR, Toyota GT86 GT4, "Fangio based F1 car(must be 250F)", Alfa Romeo 33/2, 14/15 Audi TT Cup, Sport Quattro S1 E2 Pikes Peaks, Ferrari F138.

There is a lot of variation there. And knowing kunos there is a bunch of stuff they havent told us about yet.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...cial-licensed-content-in-assetto-corsa.23854/

^ above is the full list of licensed stuff if people wish to see it again.

Also Redbull ring is almost certainly coming with this pack.

I'm interested in this game actually. I'm considering picking it up for the PS4.

Now if a Subaru or Mitsubishi come along in a lovely little car pack, consider me instantly sold.

Well, I caved and bought AC for my laptop. Hey, it met the minimum requirements, its justified.

the frame rate is sitting at an unstable 24 FPS at the default settings, which is actually way better than I was expecting, but does anyone know if there are a few settings I can manipulate to get that a bit higher without destroying the graphics? thanks. :D

Well, I caved and bought AC for my laptop. Hey, it met the minimum requirements, its justified.

the frame rate is sitting at an unstable 24 FPS at the default settings, which is actually way better than I was expecting, but does anyone know if there are a few settings I can manipulate to get that a bit higher without destroying the graphics? thanks. :D
Reflection settings.

Lower reflection, mirrors, smoke, AA & AF, disable Post Processing Effects, and then track details if it's still not enough.

Everything you need to know here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-faq-game-description.91105/

Lower reflection, mirrors, smoke, AA & AF, disable Post Processing Effects, and then track details if it's still not enough.

Everything you need to know here: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/assetto-corsa-faq-game-description.91105/
Wow... i never fully understood why AA was needed, until I turned them off. :ill:

Ok, now i have another problem. For some reason when I try driving, the cars seem to have some strange power loss. For example, I actually cannot get the abarth 500 to move, it revs to max rpm in neutral and when I change into first it just dies. When in the Exige, it drives somewhat normally but then seems to start slowing down in third and then in fourth it starts slowing down.

Probably something simple, but it is baffling me.

Last edited:
Ok, now i have another problem. For some reason when I try driving, the cars seem to have some strange power loss. For example, I actually cannot get the abarth 500 to move, it revs to max rpm in neutral and when I change into first it just dies. When in the Exige, it drives somewhat normally but then seems to start slowing down in third and then in fourth it starts slowing down.

Probably something simple, but it is baffling me.

Not sure what happened there. Did you engage the clutch when going into first gear? Try calibrating throttle pedal? Maybe you overrevved the engine and blown it (try turning mech damage off)?

Not sure what happened there. Did you engage the clutch when going into first gear? Try calibrating throttle pedal? Maybe you overrevved the engine and blown it (try turning mech damage off)?
Ahh, I haven't actually got a wheel yet, and I'm using a controller. Im a noob, I know. :embarrassed:

Well, either way, I tried putting it into automatic, and it seems to just switch back to manual when I load the track. Looking at the throtle calibration, when i have it pressed down the slider goes all the way to the left, so it doesn't seem to be that.

Very strange...

EDIT: scratch that, it is putting it into auto, but the same problem occurs...

Ahh, I haven't actually got a wheel yet, and I'm using a controller. Im a noob, I know. :embarrassed:

Well, either way, I tried putting it into automatic, and it seems to just switch back to manual when I load the track. Looking at the throtle calibration, when i have it pressed down the slider goes all the way to the left, so it doesn't seem to be that.

Very strange...

EDIT: scratch that, it is putting it into auto, but the same problem occurs...

That is very strange. Try turning on the Pedal HUD component (just move your cursor over to the right side of the screen when you're on track and it should come up with the HUD selections, scroll down until you see 3 pedals icon and click it). If your throttle (green bar) is working then I have no idea what could be the problem.

Could it be your PC is not strong enough to run the physics engine?

If you can upload vids that would be helpful as well. Also try some other cars (the GT3 cars with auto throttle cut and blip for example).

That is very strange. Try turning on the Pedal HUD component (just move your cursor over to the right side of the screen when you're on track and it should come up with the HUD selections, scroll down until you see 3 pedals icon and click it). If your throttle (green bar) is working then I have no idea what could be the problem.

Could it be your PC is not strong enough to run the physics engine?

If you can upload vids that would be helpful as well. Also try some other cars (the GT3 cars with auto shift and blip for example).
Yes, the bar goes completely green.

I have just discovered that the faster the car, the less this weirdness happens. In the Mclaren P1, it seems completely gone, in the Exige the car feels slow, and in the 500 it just doesn't move.

Maybe my PC is to weak to run it... although I would have thought it would fail the minimum requirements test if it was...

Yes, the bar goes completely green.

I have just discovered that the faster the car, the less this weirdness happens. In the Mclaren P1, it seems completely gone, in the Exige the car feels slow, and in the 500 it just doesn't move.

Maybe my PC is to weak to run it... although I would have thought it would fail the minimum requirements test if it was...

Does the red bar go up as well? The only thing I can think of is you have combined axis on (throttle/brake mapped to same axis). If you go to Controls there is an option in top middle to fully callibrate everything. I know you said you calibrated the throttle, but what about the brakes/clutch/etc.

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas :( Try the Steam or AC official forums.

Does the red bar go up as well? The only thing I can think of is you have combined axis on (throttle/brake mapped to same axis). If you go to Controls there is an option in top middle to fully callibrate everything. I know you said you calibrated the throttle, but what about the brakes/clutch/etc.

If that doesn't work then I'm out of ideas :( Try the Steam or AC official forums.
AHA! I found the problem! Somehow (I must have accidentally clicked it), but I had the handbrake assigned to my left analogue stick. I cleared the setting, and they worked! I think it must be that my controller is slightly old, and stick was ever so slightly tilting forwards, enough so that it was too much for the little cars to handle, but for me not to notice! :lol:

OK, thank god, it works now. I was getting worried I would have to return it because my computer wasn't good enough. Sorry for the troubles!

AHA! I found the problem! Somehow (I must have accidentally clicked it), but I had the handbrake assigned to my left analogue stick. I cleared the setting, and they worked! I think it must be that my controller is slightly old, and stick was ever so slightly tilting forwards, enough so that it was too much for the little cars to handle, but for me not to notice! :lol:

OK, thank god, it works now. I was getting worried I would have to return it because my computer wasn't good enough. Sorry for the troubles!

Yay! Glad you found the problem :D The giveaway was when you said there is less slowdown with faster cars. I suspected it's a brake issue of some sort.

Now enjoy the game 👍 And get a wheel. You're only getting half the experience with a controller :P

Redbull Ring would have been nice if they had waited for its new updates coming soon :(

Kunos update their tracks and if the changes are big enough they just split it into multiple tracks.

For example they had 2013 versions of Imola, Monza and Vallelunga. They are now the only game with the 2016 layouts for each of them.

I guess that will come down to licensing though, some tracks will be fine with it, their home track which they are based at gets updates every two weeks while others may not be so open to it.

So, I've been playing and so far I'm enjoying it immensely! The first thing I noticed is that Kunos seem to share my love for lotus :D
I was hooning around a few tracks in the Evora S a couple of nights ago. A real treat to drive. If you're at all interested in seeing how your lap times measure up there should be times up for just about every car/track combination at RSR Live Timing. I don't have time to list them now and maybe others have some suggestions, but there are a few really good and useful apps you should download to run while playing. Things like recording lap times and retaining your best ever lap at that track in a particular car, something the game doesn't do on it's own. A live lap time differential is also invaluable for figuring out how your technique is helping or hurting lap times.

I was hooning around a few tracks in the Evora S a couple of nights ago. A real treat to drive. If you're at all interested in seeing how your lap times measure up there should be times up for just about every car/track combination at RSR Live Timing. I don't have time to list them now and maybe others have some suggestions, but there are a few really good and useful apps you should download to run while playing. Things like recording lap times and retaining your best ever lap at that track in a particular car, something the game doesn't do on it's own. A live lap time differential is also invaluable for figuring out how your technique is helping or hurting lap times.
Oh ok, I had assumed I was missing where the lap times were stored. Kind of weird that the game doesn't include it to be honest. Oh well, thanks for the tip!
Wow, thanks man! I had completely forgotten that this game supported modding! Should be interesting!

Back