Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Been doing some of the Special Events, in particular trying and failing to beat "GTs against Godzilla" in the Nissan GT-R GT3 car at Nordschleife, 3 lap race on Alien difficulty. It's honestly crazy how hard you have to drive to even keep up here, the lead car did a 6:43 on the opening lap from a standing start, which is equal with my personal lap record in the GT-R, trying to keep up with that pace is just slaughtering the tyres, not to mention above my skill level to maintain.

It seems like a mismatch of vehicles since the actual AI GT-R drivers were running 6:54-7m laptimes.. I'd be interested in seeing if someone has beat this and has some tips.. I'm not exactly a guru with setup so I'm running default setup with tweaked gear ratios on Medium tyres.

Some of the other races against Alien AI haven't been too bad, the 1v1 GTR Nismo race at Nordschleife was easy, just cruising around.

I haven't done that race but I reckon the AI can be pretty fast in the GT3 cars. Either that or I'm worse than I thought I was in GT3's. I find AI at 100% more easily beatable and some times even quite slow in other classes.

Been doing some of the Special Events, in particular trying and failing to beat "GTs against Godzilla" in the Nissan GT-R GT3 car at Nordschleife, 3 lap race on Alien difficulty. It's honestly crazy how hard you have to drive to even keep up here, the lead car did a 6:43 on the opening lap from a standing start, which is equal with my personal lap record in the GT-R, trying to keep up with that pace is just slaughtering the tyres, not to mention above my skill level to maintain.

It seems like a mismatch of vehicles since the actual AI GT-R drivers were running 6:54-7m laptimes.. I'd be interested in seeing if someone has beat this and has some tips.. I'm not exactly a guru with setup so I'm running default setup with tweaked gear ratios on Medium tyres.

Some of the other races against Alien AI haven't been too bad, the 1v1 GTR Nismo race at Nordschleife was easy, just cruising around.
I had a similar run in. I was going through the campaign, having not too much trouble against the AI at 100% difficulty, I got the GT1 series and this BMW M3 GT2 just flew ahead, and ended up 20 seconds ahead of me, and I was 20 seconds ahead of 3rd. I toned the AI down to 80% and i caught him, but we had a pretty epic battle, and I only won by 1.5 seconds. Very strange...

I'm not quite up there with you guys. At Silverstone I can win a 20 rounds GT3 race at 97% (probably also 98%) when starting at the back of a 20 car field. But somehow the AI varies in difficulty depending on the track. At 97% I'm having trouble keeping up at Monza and Brands Hatch. Might also have something to do with having played Silverstone to death, so I know it really well.

OK, tried it out, and previously i had put track details down to the absolute minimum setting. I decided to see what would happen if I tried it at max, and... no performance difference whatsoever... I tried it on a different track by myself, and again, zero difference. very strange. I seriously thought this setting was what was keeping my frames high. Oh well, I suppose its a good thing. :D

Also, I started delving into the whole modding thing. Found a couple of good ones (Vanquish, 570s, 288GTO, 250GTO and mount panorama). I am actually genuinely surprised at the quality of them, its as if they were part of the game to begin with. 👍

That's great to hear about the Max Settings capability!! If you ever start experiencing any performance issues (low frame rate) in the future, please speak up in here and I'm sure we'll be able to help you out. :cheers:

You definitely found yourself some decent, quality mods! I have those installed as well. I'm sure you've already heard people say to be weary of installing some of the mods out there on the internet. There are countless cars that are really just rips from Forza and retrofitted to work in Assetto Corsa. Usually, the quality of those mods is crap even if the 3D model looks fairly good in a screenshot. Plus, it's just an unscrupulous thing to do. If you find something on Race Department or in the modding section of the official Assetto Corsa forums you can be certain that you're getting a legitimate Assetto Corsa mod. There will still be varying levels of quality, however, most of the time the quality is very good to outstanding.

A couple of mod tracks that I highly recommend because of their quality are: Bridgehampton, Riverside, Algarve International and Bilster Berg. I would provide you links to all of those tracks, but I'm on my phone and it's a bit of a pain. Sorry. You might be able to find most of those tracks on Race Department, but I don't think all of them will be there. You can definitely find all four of those tracks in the Tracks Modding Forum at the Official Assetto Corsa Forums. Riverside and Bilster Berg are still works in progress, but they are already in outstanding condition to be driven on. People over there seem to have fallen in love with Bilster Berg, myself included. :)

For me the best AC mod tracks are driving roads. Transfagarasan, Pikes Peak, Joux Plane, Isle of Man, Lake Louise and the Initial D touges (Akagi, Akina, Shomaru). Circuits are great but AC really shines when you just pick a car, and settle in for a drive. I can get myself lost for hours just simply cruising around at 80%, savouring the physics, FFB and sounds :embarrassed:

For me the best AC mod tracks are driving roads. Transfagarasan, Pikes Peak, Joux Plane, Isle of Man, Lake Louise and the Initial D touges (Akagi, Akina, Shomaru). Circuits are great but AC really shines when you just pick a car, and settle in for a drive. I can get myself lost for hours just simply cruising around at 80%, savouring the physics, FFB and sounds :embarrassed:
I would probably agree with you if I had a wheel... :grumpy: :lol:

On a separate note, how is this bathurst mod so accurate, if it was created by a modder? It almost seems laser scanned, but I fail to see how a modder could have access to such technology. :confused:

Last edited:

On a separate note, how is this bathurst mod so accurate, if it was created by a modder? It almost seems laser scanned, but I fail to see how a modder could have access to such technology. :confused:
It is indeed very good. Even compared with the iRacing version, which is the industry standard.

And the like? What else is there?

Uh... the 488 GTB, S1 A1, and the Praga R1. I believe those were the four.

Wait what?

Back in March when 1.5 was being talked up and the console port was still scheduled for release this month (tomorrow, as a matter of fact) the Mazda pack was revealed, alongside the aforementioned cars being released on Steam to coincide with their release on consoles.

Now that it's been delayed to August I don't know if that's still the case. Especially considering it hasn't been talked up at all.

Uh... the 488 GTB, S1 A1, and the Praga R1. I believe those were the four.

Back in March when 1.5 was being talked up and the console port was still scheduled for release this month (tomorrow, as a matter of fact) the Mazda pack was revealed, alongside the aforementioned cars being released on Steam to coincide with their release on consoles.

Now that it's been delayed to August I don't know if that's still the case. Especially considering it hasn't been talked up at all.

Ah Okay! Thanks!

You can glean a ton of information by talking to the right people and watching videos on Youtube and the like. If you really put a lot of effort into it you can come up with something that closely resembles the real track. Zandvoort is a good example of that as it's not laser scanned either but certainly feels like it is, to me anyway.

its like walking on egg shells...anything that slightly criticizes their game will get you banned

To be honest that's what really turned me off the game. I could live with unfinished features being added in later (I'm used to Digital Combat Simulator after all) but Kunos are saints compared to SMS.
/offtopic

Also, I finally downloaded Spielberg... and holy crap this is awesome. I loved the track in GT5 but this is one of the best mods I've ever used in terms of quality. I'm having a blast. Ran a 1:30.6xx with the Z4 GT3.

To be honest that's what really turned me off the game. I could live with unfinished features being added in later (I'm used to Digital Combat Simulator after all) but Kunos are saints compared to SMS.
/offtopic

Also, I finally downloaded Spielberg... and holy crap this is awesome. I loved the track in GT5 but this is one of the best mods I've ever used in terms of quality. I'm having a blast. Ran a 1:30.6xx with the Z4 GT3.

Everyone on that forum is scared to say anything remotely critical otherwise their status of 1500+ poster is gone and their lives ruined.

I believe spielberg should be coming soon from ac itself...enjoy the mod in the meantime

Everyone on that forum is scared to say anything remotely critical otherwise their status of 1500+ poster is gone and their lives ruined.

I believe spielberg should be coming soon from ac itself...enjoy the mod in the meantime
Well i certainly gave them their fair share of criticism and never got into trouble. Depends on how you put it, many got banned for going stalker or overreacting all the time, which i understand in a way.

I've never really had a issue with them, there is just a way and method to properly report a problem.

What is not fine is someone saying hey kunos sort your sh** out, the ai took my children.

I guess its down to opinion, some people are used to being direct, other devs are more used to people going straight for the jugular.

I remember the first game released on steam that i was helping with got a negative spat on the forums, having spent around 60 hours fixing it three days before it came out and someone attacked for whatever reason, well i tried to respond normally and then the guy said im a horrible lazy developer that cant code for sh**

Long story short i said i was gonna dox the fool and destroy his life and any possibility at having a future, there was also something about destroying his pc with his own trachea. Then blocked him from the community forum.

Looking back at it im very surprised, generally im very lax and too lazy to fight with someone, it scares the hell out of me to think how mad i became I cant condone the behaviour i displayed at all and that was next to nothing, ive dealt with thousands of trolls before but this guy.....

The most annoying thing is that we always look for flaws and gravitate to negativity and this sort of thing can lead to very bad things happening. Its as hard as it is without the trolls or general vocal community and sadly it means the innocent can get caught in the crossfire.

Has anyone been having trouble with the Steam Overlay and this? I absolutely cannot get the overlay to work; the prompt appears as it normally would but the binded keys don't bring the actual interface up.

I haven't tried it in AC today, but while I've been playing R3E for most the day, the Steam-overlay has worked just fine. Could it possibly be something wonky like shift-lock or you've alt+tab'd out too much? I've had issues w/ AC if I alt+tab frequently and don't go all the way back to the main screen/launch after.

I don't even know what the overlay is lol

Press shift+tab next time you're in-game, it's basically a Steam-menu with chat, clock, friends-list, etc.

Has anyone been having trouble with the Steam Overlay and this? I absolutely cannot get the overlay to work; the prompt appears as it normally would but the binded keys don't bring the actual interface up.
The overlay doesnt work with the launcher but it should be fine with the actual game. It was causing the launcher to crash for a lot of people so they gave up with it.

Back