Assetto Corsa | News and General Discussion

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 10,320 comments
Are you certain at 4k rpm for a stock RX7 ? The boost only drop slightly/in a moment, in real car ( almost immediately increased ), but the surging power from secondary turbo can be felt easily, and it's from below 5k. Did the car hit full boost from 3k rpm ?

At least the sequential is simulated :D I used to play old NHRA game that have detailed simulation of engine + supercharger + turbos, that kind of details made it so realistic in terms of mechanical simulation that I have not seen again.

Someday I would try the RX7 on AC and see how it compares to the real car boost check :P

I am not too certain, I think I got the numbers right in the video. But you definitely feel it spool back up. You don't want to be full throttle around a corner when you hit around the 5k mark! Unless you are trying to drift on purpose. In which case it looks super cool!

i see. in videos i have seen they must have just had interior cam set to each view?

Maybe, I'm not exactly sure how it works. They recently made a change where bumper cam was using the external sounds and it made some people unhappy, so they introduced the option to select which sounds you want but I'm not sure if that option is available on all views.

I am not too certain, I think I got the numbers right in the video. But you definitely feel it spool back up. You don't want to be full throttle around a corner when you hit around the 5k mark! Unless you are trying to drift on purpose. In which case it looks super cool!

If you ever wonder to see how much and when, the real car FD3S in stock condition have around 10psi boost on primary turbo, reached from around 2900-3000 rpm and stays flat to 4500 rpm when it will engage secondary turbo, lowering boost to 8psi for a moment and immediately increase to 10psi-12psi, before tapering off to 8 psi above 6000rpm to redline ( max boost depends on some factors like air charge temp and altitude )

The stock FD3S boost test IRL is to drive on 3rd from around 48-57 kmh, WOT till 4500 rpm ( secondary turbo kicked in ), this is about 105 kmh, and you can easily feel the sequential works.

There's a trick in the real car to lock it in twin turbo mode while in low rpm ( by driving in certain way ), but I doubt that can be done in game :D

If you ever wonder to see how much and when, the real car FD3S in stock condition have around 10psi boost on primary turbo, reached from around 2900-3000 rpm and stays flat to 4500 rpm when it will engage secondary turbo, lowering boost to 8psi for a moment and immediately increase to 10psi-12psi, before tapering off to 8 psi above 6000rpm to redline ( max boost depends on some factors like air charge temp and altitude )

The stock FD3S boost test IRL is to drive on 3rd from around 48-57 kmh, WOT till 4500 rpm ( secondary turbo kicked in ), this is about 105 kmh, and you can easily feel the sequential works.

There's a trick in the real car to lock it in twin turbo mode while in low rpm ( by driving in certain way ), but I doubt that can be done in game :D

It would be cool if you could though! But I think that is about what I mentioned in the video! I have a friend who has driven one of these quite a bit, and she said that it was pretty accurate, except the noise was a little too whiny!

Maybe, I'm not exactly sure how it works. They recently made a change where bumper cam was using the external sounds and it made some people unhappy, so they introduced the option to select which sounds you want but I'm not sure if that option is available on all views.

yeah, could be for certain views. some cars sound better exterior some better interior i suspect. all i know is the bmw and nissan from the video both sounded outstanding w/ the exterior cam, as well as interior.

I think Assetto FFB is pretty good tbh. It's never going to be perfect, because you need "extra" cues to be implemented in a game FFB to compensate for missing forces in real life, so it's always going to be slightly different. rFactor/GSCE/AMS RealFeel FFB is also good, but they approach the problem from a different direction. Assetto goes with subtlety and smoothness, while RealFeel emphasizes sharp and clear (sometimes exaggerated). Neither is right or wrong, just which is more suited to your preferences. The perfect system would probably be a mix of the 2.

On another note, why is the 4WD physics in AC considered bad? I read the discussion a couple of pages back where the R34 GT-R's complex system isn't implemented properly. But aside from that the other 4WD cars I drove (e.g. Nismo GT-R, Alfa 155, Audi Quattro) seems ok.

FFB on the "flawed" list? Wow, you guys have high standards. Like...outer space! :P
Personally I think the FFB is stellar. But I guess it's kind of a preference thing...

Definitely going to check out Automobilista though!
It will depend wheel to wheel though. On my CSR the FFB was good, but it lacked a bit of overall road feel and turning resistance. I then installed the LUT mod (check the tips & trick thread), which optimized my wheel using wheelcheck and after doing that it became much better and smoother.

But then you boot up AMS, and you don't need to touch a single slider or mod, and the feedback you get on every separate car is just fantastic (at least in my case).

Reiza has optimised the RealFeel settings for every car in AMS, that's why it's practically just plug & play. In AC you need to use FFBClip to adjust every car's FFB first, but once you do it's equally as good. Just means a bit more work, but you're gonna be driving the car anyway so it's not like it's extra work that's avoidable ;)

In fact on my G25 I find I need to tweak a lot of the Formula cars in AMS as they're too light. For most road cars in AC the stock setting is basically already what's recommended by FFBClip. There's no one size fits all for FFB. You just gotta tinker around based on your wheel & preferences.

I think Assetto FFB is pretty good tbh. It's never going to be perfect, because you need "extra" cues to be implemented in a game FFB to compensate for missing forces in real life, so it's always going to be slightly different. rFactor/GSCE/AMS RealFeel FFB is also good, but they approach the problem from a different direction. Assetto goes with subtlety and smoothness, while RealFeel emphasizes sharp and clear (sometimes exaggerated). Neither is right or wrong, just which is more suited to your preferences. The perfect system would probably be a mix of the 2.

On another note, why is the 4WD physics in AC considered bad? I read the discussion a couple of pages back where the R34 GT-R's complex system isn't implemented properly. But aside from that the other 4WD cars I drove (e.g. Nismo GT-R, Alfa 155, Audi Quattro) seems ok.

If the R34 GTR isn't proper then the R35 GTR most likely will be as well, they have similar system in real life, although the R35 ATTESA is more advanced ( much faster reaction, the R32 is the worst ) and less rear oriented in torque sending management ( still can be lured to oversteer if the driver provoke it - VDC OFF mode). This makes the R35 GTR ATTESA easier to drive and with less surprises than older predecessor ( VDC R Mode )

Does AC have Mitsubishi Lancers ? Would be interesting how Kunos simulate the AYC of older Evos and Evo X S-AWC ( similar complexity to ATTESA/ETS )

Last edited:
If the R34 GTR isn't proper then the R35 GTR most likely will be as well, they have similar system in real life, although the R35 ATTESA is more advanced ( much faster reaction, the R32 is the worst ) and less rear oriented in torque sending management ( still can be lured to oversteer if the driver provoke it ). This makes the R35 GTR ATTESA easier to drive and with less surprises than older predecessor.

Does AC have Mitsubishi Lancers ? Would be interesting how Kunos simulate the AYC of older Evos and Evo X S-AWC ( similar complexity to ATTESA/ETS )

No Mitsubishis I'm afraid (as official content).

Reiza has optimised the RealFeel settings for every car in AMS, that's why it's practically just plug & play. In AC you need to use FFBClip to adjust every car's FFB first, but once you do it's equally as good. Just means a bit more work, but you're gonna be driving the car anyway so it's not like it's extra work that's avoidable ;)

In fact on my G25 I find I need to tweak a lot of the Formula cars in AMS as they're too light. For most road cars in AC the stock setting is basically already what's recommended by FFBClip. There's no one size fits all for FFB. You just gotta tinker around based on your wheel & preferences.
Yes I know, but even after tweaking every car separately it's just not as good as how AMS works on my wheel. I had the light feeling too on Game Stock Car, but it seems they improved that now as I didn't feel the need to delve into the reelfeel file this time round.

ac4f593dcf1f6e85ede958057ea3230b.png

So something is happening next friday just before le mans and kunos bought turn 10 of course. :scared:

ac4f593dcf1f6e85ede958057ea3230b.png

So something is happening next friday just before le mans and kunos bought turn 10 of course. :scared:

Stefano randomly retweeted this tweet about a sexy, sexy, sexy Lancia Delta HF Integrale a few days ago. Wonder if it could be related to the announcement?

Screen Shot 2016-06-08 at 1.53.08 PM.png

What a sexy name for a car. I'd probably give up a testicle for one of these beauties. :drool:

considering they are owned my GM i doubt it, thats not gonna be a cheap license to obtain and they dont get their italian advantage with helped them with some of the other licenses.

Yes I know, but even after tweaking every car separately it's just not as good as how AMS works on my wheel. I had the light feeling too on Game Stock Car, but it seems they improved that now as I didn't feel the need to delve into the reelfeel file this time round.

Yeah they seemed to have tweaked the Formula cars for AMS. Formula Extreme & Reiza for example are actually pretty weighty out of the box in AMS.

I think the problem with AC's FFB is it tries to mimic the real car's steering feel. So if the real car has crap feel then it's gonna be translated into the game, no matter what you tinker with. The McLaren P1 is amazing for example, but then you drive one of the Abarth 500 and it feels dead. With AMS RealFeel it just takes steering rack forces without trying to mimic the real car's steering mechanism, so it's always going to feel a lot more pure and direct.

Yeah they seemed to have tweaked the Formula cars for AMS. Formula Extreme & Reiza for example are actually pretty weighty out of the box in AMS.

I think the problem with AC's FFB is it tries to mimic the real car's steering feel. So if the real car has crap feel then it's gonna be translated into the game, no matter what you tinker with. The McLaren P1 is amazing for example, but then you drive one of the Abarth 500 and it feels dead. With AMS RealFeel it just takes steering rack forces without trying to mimic the real car's steering mechanism, so it's always going to feel a lot more pure and direct.
Not sure if the steering feel on a car like the Abarth would feel numb IRL. I know what you mean playing AC though, but i honestly don't think this would translate to the steering feel in the real car. Even when i drive my crappy old volvo S40 around i can feel the road surface in the rim, and any undulations and how the wheel resists and reacts when the turn angle increases. It just feels more alive and connected to the rack and the tyres and i think AMS replicates it better.

Wiz
Kunos has decided to close the modding section over at the official forums - http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/modding-section-subforums-terms-of-use.33407/

Wow, that's not good. Due to the legal ramifications I can see how they came to that decision, but it feels a bit like tossing the baby out with the bathwater. Good for RD I guess.

"The involved subforums will be closed and kept visible until Friday 17th..." I sure hope this wasn't the surprise they were hinting about on the 17th. :indiff:

EDIT: They aren't even allowing WIP threads anymore. What harm was that causing? If anything it was proving that the model probably wasn't ripped. WTF. Kunos makes some very bizarre decisions...

Last edited:
They state it's because it wasn't "used for it's intended purposes" and people were advertising ripped content too.
Don't really get the decision though, and certainly not for those motives as it was an oasis of great content mostly, and people were self moderating others there too.

They state it's because it wasn't "used for it's intended purposes" and people were advertising ripped content too.
Don't really get the decision though, and certainly not for those motives as it was an oasis of great content mostly, and people were self moderating others there too.

AC itself has greatly evolved from its original intended purpose. Why can't the forum evolve in the same way? They presumably will have an influx of cash from console sales, hire one or two dedicated moderators to weed out the ripped content and deal with reports. Or you could just cut your whole foot off due to a stubbed toe.

What I understand from this announcement is that they are allowing wip threads to a certain extent. I mean, you can show your progress and doubts and how to, but releasing them there it's forbidden. Hmm...
It's a bizarre decision but I can see why they've taken such measures, modding sections were a bit of a mess and lot's of flamming and whining were happening. And to prevent that and legal stuff and save time for the game they closed it down. It's understandable.

As for the 17th, this is a mere coincidence, I believe

What I understand from this announcement is that they are allowing wip threads to a certain extent. I mean, you can show your progress and doubts and how to, but releasing them there it's forbidden. Hmm...
It's a bizarre decision but I can see why they've taken such measures, modding sections were a bit of a mess and lot's of flamming and whining were happening. And to prevent that and legal stuff and save time for the game they closed it down. It's understandable.
Nah they will close the whole thing down, so no WIP threads neither as its related to modding.

I think the official reason is BS to be honest. Like Brandon says i suppose they could hire extra moderators if needed. Heck a lot of fans would do it for free...

According to this, WIP threads are now forbidden. Probably not too much of a stretch to think that just asking questions about making your mod could be considered WIP and would therefore be removed. I'm no expert but it certainly seems like there could be a lot more negatives than positives that come from this decision.

Screen Shot 2016-06-09 at 9.49.12 AM.png

Sort of looks like this to me:
Fuji05.3a593592b9f18ad6df8af3fefbfbb3ff.png

Strongly reminds me of the final corner.

Looks like turn 2 at Red Bull Ring to me, complete with the little yellow apex hump that sends your right side airborne. Seeing as that's the next track to be released, makes sense they'd be showing it off. 👍

Last edited:
@BrandonW77 I have not seen that post, I just tried to draw conclusions from the official announcement. That changes things a whole lot though. One big negative is one ace that Assetto has being taken down. It was another selling point I belive. Modding will drop substancially.

@mister dog I guess it's a sort of legit point for shutting down that part of the forums. I mean, they could hire those mods to patrol the forums, but if there's a report the staff has to handle those and act accordingly, and that section is prone to them.

This is a very drastic measure and certainly a controversial decision. There's two big reasons why this has happened:
1. It was to do with the 17th and that wierd T10 related tweet.
2. Legal problems with some manufactureres.

And something tells me that this isn't over yet. Let's wait and see.

Back