Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,857 comments

http://www.mediafire.com/file/1tdbix7anv93dv0/20181123+AC+1967+GPL2.0+Mod+++install+notes.rar?fbclid=IwAR1eHC8FH9-vGxFnocxPTL5h7PC1jx_qKL_ffMa1p7KVS_q1K__KWCAm5GE

Credits:
• 3d Modelling: DrDoomslab, Lotus 33 by Mac Ten
• Physics: Bazza
• Sounds: BRM by Amplified NL and stock Kunos sounds
• Patcha for his awesome helmets
• Skins by DrDoomslab, Swiss and Sergio Loro (Lotus 33 skins)
• Papyrus and the GPL community for creating a virtual museum and lots of inspiration

Special Thanks:
Special thanks to vintage simracing youtubers: Singleracer (glad you’re back Michael!), the Extra Mile (you bring the slide in the smile Alex), Chris Haye (very informative and superb editing) and Simracing604 (love your laid back and nuanced style Mike!)

May the downforce be with you!
Bazza & DrDoomslab

Last edited:
I posted it yesterday ! ;-)

The holy grail is out ! (AC 1967 GPL 2.0 Mod)
http://f1classic.your-talk.com/t18115-released-1967-grandprix-legends-2-0-mod-23-november-2018#
ac_gpl10.jpg

Enjoy and many many thanks to Bazza and his team made by passion ! ;-)

-------------------------------------------------
Pictures of the version 2.0, with my beloved Honda RA300 ! (my first pole position on "Grand-Prix Legends" at Monza... a long long time ago !)

...and the glamourous AAR Eagle Weslake T1G, one of the most beautiful designed F1 car in my opinion ! (Silverstone 67)

Last edited:
Is the Brabham the only one with ****ed up mirrors, it is the only one I have time to try.
A few of them - most maybe - have messed up 3D mirrors.
Do me a favour in VR and hit F5 for an external view and tell me if your driver is looking into the sky?

I drove three (Matra F2, Honda & Eagle) and the 3D mirrors were right but... I don’t use shaders or something else added to the original simulation.

Is the GPL mod an update of the AC Legends F1 1967 mod? The author (Bazza) and cars are similar (only difference is they added Lotus 33). I haven't had the chance to test drive it but if the new one is better can I safely delete the old one without missing anything?

@Apexxer - curious how you are updating tires? In Content Manager, I see that the tires are not a match (i.e. green color). I'm seeing this for most (maybe all, but I have not downloaded all) of the cars you share here.

Is the GPL mod an update of the AC Legends F1 1967 mod? The author (Bazza) and cars are similar (only difference is they added Lotus 33).
Yes. And they added another car -- the Lotus 33.

A few of them - most maybe - have messed up 3D mirrors.
Do me a favour in VR and hit F5 for an external view and tell me if your driver is looking into the sky?
Yes they are, so let’s recap so far those mods who have been extensively tested have the mirrors done bad and the driver is also wrong, in an open wheeler, not a good thing.
And how do you like the wheel so badly positioned so we cannot properly see the rpm dial.
I fixed the mirror with real mirror, not sure about the head. Makes me wonder what else they have missed. What could go wrong when their test driver is a stunt driver drifting a 1967 F1 on a public road. LOL.
Still glad to have them, just wished some of those 3 minutes driving obvious issues had been fixed. Makes it hard to take them seriously. Those are the guys always Belittling people doing convertion, while they believe they are the real deal. Most convertion have very little wrong about them.
Sorry for the rant, it had to be said.

Yes they are, so let’s recap so far those mods who have been extensively tested have the mirrors done bad and the driver is also wrong, in an open wheeler, not a good thing.
And how do you like the wheel so badly positioned so we cannot properly see the rpm dial.
I fixed the mirror with real mirror, not sure about the head. Makes me wonder what else they have missed. What could go wrong when their test driver is a stunt driver drifting a 1967 F1 on a public road. LOL.
Still glad to have them, just wished some of those 3 minutes driving obvious issues had been fixed. Makes it hard to take them seriously. Those are the guys always Belittling people doing convertion, while they believe they are the real deal. Most convertion have very little wrong about them.
Sorry for the rant, it had to be said.
It's a constant source of frustration, isn't it? I'm deeply grateful to all modders who keep AC alive but time and time again I'm left shaking my head, thinking "did you even sit in the cockpit of this car before you released it? Did you even DRIVE it..?". I've seen car mods where the default cockpit view feels like the driver is sitting in the back seat, and many others where AI cars just sit on the grid, revving their engines. If I went to the trouble of converting a car I'd make damn sure I actually tested it thoroughly first so it wasn't a source of personal embarrassment. I really wish testing in VR was compulsory too. Some cockpits are just a total mess of panel gaps and unshaded objects. Some of the half-assed crap that's chucked out on Facebook is laughable, especially when armies of idiots can't wait to comment how 'awesome' the mods are. Garbage is what a lot of them are. GARBAGE.

The '67 GPL cars are generally great but do have some obvious faults. Bazza has admitted that a lot of mirror issues with the '67 GPL cars were missed and will be fixed in an update, but he does use VR and the shader patch so it's very surprising that something so immediately obvious (and relatively easy to fix) can make it into the first release.

BTW, if any AC users want slightly better versions of track mods, sign up at http://www.northamericangp.com/ because LilSki has updated a bunch of them for the NAGP racing series and a lot of them aren't available anywhere else.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Well and about the last 1967 mod, I’m not able to give an opinion about VR and some annoying problems here because... I don't use VR !

All I can tell, I share the huge deception of @Masscot and @Cote Dazur about the anticipated tests by some unknown beta testers who seem driving these respectable ladies as a kart in some “recreative enterprises sessions”…
I understand so much their angry about this sad situation !

As an old “GPL addict” and driver (this simulation was released 20 years ago), I learnt with passion, patience and humility (without any natural born talent), the “art of driving” with probably, the hardest driving simulation ever created !
SO !?

This morning, I finished to test all the cars (except Ferrari 312 and Lotus 49, you guess why !).
It was very pleasant to drive it smoothly sliding as well with respect dedicated to mechanics as torque and correct shifting.
I will not say more about physics (a question of feeling and historical knowledge), obviously each car got his proper characteristics !

About the cosmetics, 2 cars are deserving by dashboard, the Honda and the Eagle !
All the cars seem correct excepted those (as an old GPLers, I was a part of the “realism police” when talented modders gave a “second life” to the simulation).

Eagle "real cockpit"

Eagle "GPL cockpit"

Honda RA300 "real cockpit"

Honda RA300 "GPL cockpit"

Some logos are poor and not well sized but It's easy to correct or create a better version.

About the sound, the Honda is the poorest, damned this engine sound is one of the most particular with the V12 Matra in F1 history !!!
I’m so sad about this situation and the BRM H16 got too much reverbs... in my opinion.

Last, AC haven't a car limitation (in GPL It’s 7 slots) so, why no integration of the Honda RA273, the Ferrari 312/66, the BRM P115 and the Lotus 43 with the BRM H16 engine which were in the 1967 season on some calendar event !?

By the way, I enjoy this new version, a great satisfaction even some annoying problems which were most anticipated.
With better, deeper and clever tests, they might have been corrected before this final release.

Cheers Gentlemen ! ;-)

Last edited:
Dont know what are you talking about, but after tryibg his other models , most of them are really good and deserve 5-10 dollars he asked for it. But yes, 70usd is too crazy. But it depends how much money you have anyway
I've got almost all of the RTM mods and I wouldn't say any of them are worth $2, never mind $10, especially when much better mods are available for free.
If the F1 van even exists in a driveable form then I'm sure it'll only be a matter of time before it leaks and we can all then debate whether it's worth four times what you can pay for the complete Assetto Corsa right now, and debate how a fool and his money are soon parted. NO single mod vehicle is worth a tenth of what those RTM jokers are trying to charge. It's a complete piss-take.

@Elio92 thank you for showing those pics of real vs gpl, not perfect but we can see that they are close. I already had 2 version of those card, f1 1967 and classic f1. They were the same cars, just different (somehow) physic.
The latest edition looks much better, more graphic details. Even though in the 2 older version we could see the rpm dial trough the wheel, as it should, in the Brabham.:mad:

BTW, if any AC users want slightly better versions of track mods, sign up at http://www.northamericangp.com/ because LilSki has updated a bunch of them for the NAGP racing series and a lot of them aren't available anywhere else.
^ Great tip! Hockenheim 1978 alone is worth the site registration. I long ago deleted the original version because of FPS and shader issues. NAGP group has improved both aspects. Glad to have classic Hockenheim in the game. Fuji 1968 has improved shader/texture as well. I have a busy Saturday morning of testing and replacing tracks.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back