Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,321 comments
Just heard AssettoLand has been closed due to DCMA, and as I expected it was RTM.

Classic. Just how petty can these people be? All for what? Peanut money that they probably will use up for a month's worth of coffee. It's just a freaking mod for a freaking game, not some country's classified military intel. Finding good mods for AC is already a decentralised process as it is. Now one of my trusted sources is gone for good.

Honestly, no matter how good gaming will become in the future, I feel the people involved are just going to get worse and worse and put their own gains above everything else. The good old days of rFactor, GTR2, GT Legends when "sharing is caring" is all gone.

What are we here for honestly? A passion for cars and driving or to make a quick buck?

I think is fair that modders want to earn some money with their work. But please... 35$ is just insane. I dont believe a mod should even cost more than Kunos money. And I heard there are some mods that reach KS level.

Hello guys. I wonder if some of you on random occasion has this TCR mod and willing to share it :)
http://ciracesonline.altervista.org/portfolio/assetto-corsa-mod-tcr-2017-2018/

I checked some forums and the problem seems to be that they are kinda private and only for a league. I read that the rar archives have a passwort so you could only try to find it with a external programm.....takes looong tho. The mod is not so popular either(first time i heard of it). If i find anything i post it here

I checked some forums and the problem seems to be that they are kinda private and only for a league. I read that the rar archives have a passwort so you could only try to find it with a external programm.....takes looong tho. The mod is not so popular either(first time i heard of it). If i find anything i post it here
Ok, it would be nice. But i understand all problems, although they are charging for the mod, so it is not so private :). And cracking archives is hopeless, i tried it already :)
Actually the physics of the mod is not so important as models they use, seems to me pretty accurate representation of current TCR cars. I'm currently starting TCR league on my own, but the only car i have is Seat Leon TCR mod from RD (pretty awesome though). Idea is to take physics from Leon and put it to these cars with little differences to have some nice variety :)
If you happen to find these models outside of this mod, it'll be very good

Last edited:
I think I've seen that WRX in that pack before elsewhere and the Civic and Focus appear to be from the BTCC pack. First time seeing the Alfa and Audi though.

I'm glad for you ! :cheers:
Afortunately, I didn't try it for the moment, I will test it with the Estonia 3 for my first feeling.

Cheers. :)

For those looking for the TCR International mod I am uploading it to ShareMods right now....

EDIT: http://sharemods.com/nw9n2xzga4xe/TCR-PACK_INTERNATIONAL_3.0.7z.html

No password necessary.
Thank you.
I just tried those at the Bugatti circuit, I drove Shaun's Seat, very nice, I had a great race against the AI.
AC is such a great race simulator and with, lately, new content being made available, it is more entertaining than ever.

https://www.rtm-mods.com/nissan300zximsa
19VTxPj.png

AC 1994 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTS by RTM-Shop

I took this beauty out for a few laps and it is a solid mod and everything (not the interior... looks kinda empty but maybe it was that way in RL idk)

But to charge 11(!!!!!) dollars for it is insane. Other people say that 1,50$ for a car is to much (for DRM-"quality" it actually is) but RTM is just a Scam.
It makes me sad to see people like this get support from ytbers etc and by that gaining insane publicity.
And than they take down Assettoland. What has this community become... I can only hope Assettoland manages to come back.
Sorry for the bad english

Last edited:
https://www.rtm-mods.com/nissan300zximsa
7fd41e_8fc90846290e4af79720b05d4fbdaf4c~mv2.webp

AC 1994 Nissan 300ZX IMSA GTS by RTM-Shop

I took this beauty out for a few laps and it is a solid mod and everything (not the interior... looks kinda empty but maybe it was that way in RL idk)

But to charge 11(!!!!!) dollars for it is insane. Other people say that 1,50$ for a car is to much (for DRM-"quality" it actually is) but RTM is just a Scam.
It makes me sad to see people like this get support from ytbers etc and by that gaining insane publicity.
And than they take down Assettoland. What has this community become... I can only hope Assettoland manages to come back.
Sorry for the bad english

man the picture doesnt load. I am retarded....

You have to choose "forum link" (from the uploading site) copy and paste it, don't use the "image" help from this forum, I noted something's wrong with it a few times ago ! ;-)

For those looking for the TCR International mod I am uploading it to ShareMods right now....

No password necessary.

@ALB123 ! Hope you are doing well. Hey, just a quick question. The cars in this pack are a larger drain on CPU/GPU vs. Kunos' Cars. Is their a quick edit in the data.acd file that would reduce their cpu/gpu demand? This would be more of a general question, not just for this specific mod. Cheers! 👍

The TCR cars also seem to have way more downforce than they should have. I could take a lot of corners flat out at the Nurburgring that I probably couldn't in a GT3 car

Hello guys. I wonder if some of you on random occasion has this TCR mod and willing to share it :)
http://ciracesonline.altervista.org/portfolio/assetto-corsa-mod-tcr-2017-2018/
Thank you for requesting this mod. I was not aware of these cars.

No password necessary.
Thank YOU for sharing!! I had some time tonight to test drive the Subaru and Honda. I like what I've experienced so far in this pack! Good signs for the remaining 3 cars. This TCR pack is cleaning the bad taste in my mouth from the DRM Revival pack.

Hey guys, I have a problem with a track I'm modding in AC (for private use of course). All I wanted to do was fix the shaders and change a few ugly textures, but after doing so in ks editor, and making the kn5, when I load the track in CM it has no timing, start, or pit data. When in ks editor, all the boxes for position data (starts, pits, and timings) are there, and are all named correctly, but the game isn't finding them for some reason. If I swap my edited kn5 out for the original kn5, all the data works fine. What am I doing wrong?

@ALB123 ! Hope you are doing well. Hey, just a quick question. The cars in this pack are a larger drain on CPU/GPU vs. Kunos' Cars. Is their a quick edit in the data.acd file that would reduce their cpu/gpu demand? This would be more of a general question, not just for this specific mod. Cheers! 👍
some of the cars don't have LODs, thats why it eats a lot of GPU. to fix it, well, you must model them yourself :)

I appreciate all of the Thank You's I've received for posting the TCR International package. The actual thanks belongs to another member in this forum, though I won't post his name without permission. So, please direct any further thanks to Anonymous Forum Member. :D :lol: :D :lol:

@ALB123 ! Hope you are doing well. Hey, just a quick question. The cars in this pack are a larger drain on CPU/GPU vs. Kunos' Cars. Is there a quick edit in the data.acd file that would reduce their cpu/gpu demand? This would be more of a general question, not just for this specific mod. Cheers! 👍
some of the cars don't have LODs, thats why it eats a lot of GPU. to fix it, well, you must model them yourself :)
Hmmm..I'm trying to think. I did a quick look through the data file of the Ferrari 458 and I can't think of a single parameter that should cause the game engine additional strain. My guess would be the car's main .kn5 file and possibly even the additional LOD .kn5 files, if they exist. If I can remember, which is iffy, the next time I check my followed threads at Race Department I'll ask the question and post it back in this thread. @demonized the vast majority of mod cars don't have LODs because A) most people use ripped meshes and B) most modders are more concerned with pumping out as many mods with their name attached to the cars focusing on realism secondary.

The TCR cars also seem to have way more downforce than they should have. I could take a lot of corners flat out at the Nurburgring that I probably couldn't in a GT3 car
Now that is something that could be fixed by editing some files in /data/, but I'm the last guy who's going to tinker around with aerodynamics.

Hey guys, I have a problem with a track I'm modding in AC (for private use of course). All I wanted to do was fix the shaders and change a few ugly textures, but after doing so in ks editor, and making the kn5, when I load the track in CM it has no timing, start, or pit data. When in ks editor, all the boxes for position data (starts, pits, and timings) are there, and are all named correctly, but the game isn't finding them for some reason. If I swap my edited kn5 out for the original kn5, all the data works fine. What am I doing wrong?
I've never used the KS Editor - I've opened it up and it looks like the most ridiculously limited program, but then again, maybe once files are loaded it would make more sense to me. Anyway, sorry that I can't help you, but if I were you I would make a post in this thread: What Are You Working On? it's a general purpose thread for modders to show off WIPs, ask for help or ideas or testers, etc... if you do post in there I would address @Lilski - he is a track making guru...as is @fat-Alfie and some others. I'll bet they have an answer for you immediately.

Classic. Just how petty can these people be? All for what? Peanut money that they probably will use up for a month's worth of coffee. It's just a freaking mod for a freaking game, not some country's classified military intel. Finding good mods for AC is already a decentralised process as it is. Now one of my trusted sources is gone for good.

Honestly, no matter how good gaming will become in the future, I feel the people involved are just going to get worse and worse and put their own gains above everything else. The good old days of rFactor, GTR2, GT Legends when "sharing is caring" is all gone.

What are we here for honestly? A passion for cars and driving or to make a quick buck?
I guess it takes a lot more effort to make mods for modern sims than the classics. :indiff:

Not really private. If you want to pay for it, they let you in. A 6 months subscription costs 15 euros and 25 for 1 year.
rshumi, would you happen to have any particulars about joining or a link? I sent assettogarage an email like 2 weeks ago and received nothing back. thanks.

With that "sharing is caring" thought in mind, does anyone have a link to the Autumn version of 1.0 Glava Zete?

I'm not gonna pay money for a mod. Regardless of its quality. It's unethical IMO.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back