Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,846 comments
I do not know if this can helps, this graph shows the real gear ratios for the 911 Carrera S 992, extracted from the new 911 Carrera Technology workshop manual

View attachment 914728

I wish Kunos had presented all gear ratios in XY charts like this instead of as unfathomable numerical values (cf. Edw. Tufte's "The Visual Expression of Numerical Values," which should be on every user-interface designer's desk...open).

Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP
This is Fantastic! But please ,next time compression the files with WinRar to rar format ,with best (highest) compression rate. The file size with this options is so much lower! Better for uploading and downloading. :bowdown:

Thank you for mega link with too many year of F1, i love it!!!

The next are another years that i have, i dont promiss if i will can remember the link...
F1 1937
F1 1938

F1 1950-54 (Mixed years -->50-51-54) (Perhaps 54 put out here and make new brand with 54-55-56)
F1 1955-60 (Mixed years -->55-56-58-59-60) (Perhaps divided in two)

F1 1962
F1 1967
F1 1994
F1 1998
F1 2000
F1 2004
F1 2009
F1 2013
F1 2014
F1 2015
F1 2016
F1 2017
F1 2018
F1 2019

I have another years compound with one only model and twenty skins for each year--> 1963-1979-1991-2002-2007

Good God, sir! Scientia potentia est!

After the new install of Porsche 992 (deleted old one before).
Any help please?

d77n.png

Thank you.

Hey guys, this happened and I have no idea how to fix it:lol:
I would really like some help. Thanks in advanced

Attachments

• Screenshot_rtm_arta_garaiya_gt500_ks_silverstone_26-4-120-17-24-38.jpg
    Screenshot_rtm_arta_garaiya_gt500_ks_silverstone_26-4-120-17-24-38.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 70
Does anyone know if there is anyway to somewhat easily optimise tracks? I just downloaded a bunch of the oval tracks from the Nascar facebook page that was posted a few days ago and I barely get 30fps in a 30 car race with them compared to the average 85 I get at tracks from other sources like RD or here

CM offers the possibility to install car and tracks. Sometimes there seem to be problems.

I have been taking this program for years

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/acmanager-v2.8811/

Without a key, it has a nags screen. Once paid 3 €. This works without problems for cars and tracks.

I always found it easier to drop the files directly. This way I'm more in control of what's going on.

Now featuring 2009 - one of F1's fairy tale success stories from the Brawn GP team: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

That'll probably be the last one I upload for a few days, but believe me, there's way, way more where that came from.

How does 1998, 2000, 2004, 2005 and some vintage F1 sound?
Can I just agree on what someone else has said about your mega folder, could you please zip the folders inside up so I can download a year or 2? I have tried 3 times now to download 1992 as a zip and it fails or stall every time around 80%. If you choose standard download it grabs every file in the folder which is not ideal and a lot of bandwidth.

Can I just agree on what someone else has said about your mega folder, could you please zip the folders inside up so I can download a year or 2? I have tried 3 times now to download 1992 as a zip and it fails or stall every time around 80%. If you choose standard download it grabs every file in the folder which is not ideal and a lot of bandwidth.

As said before, you can download each car separately as a zip. Still they might not finish 10 times out on 10, but at least it's less frustrating than with a 2-3gb-file.

Been trying those 2001 cars and they are lovely. Brings back lot on Grand Prix 4-memories... After having a 7-8 year break from playing GP4, Häkkinen's gonna have his revenge once again!

Now featuring 2009 - one of F1's fairy tale success stories from the Brawn GP team: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

That'll probably be the last one I upload for a few days, but believe me, there's way, way more where that came from.

How does 1998, 2000, 2004, 2005 and some vintage F1 sound?

Great work on this. Only minor annoyance is that the 2009 cars don't have kns models so no custom previews.

Edit: Many also missing UI jsons & badges too

As said before, you can download each car separately as a zip. Still they might not finish 10 times out on 10, but at least it's less frustrating than with a 2-3gb-file.

Been trying those 2001 cars and they are lovely. Brings back lot on Grand Prix 4-memories... After having a 7-8 year break from playing GP4, Häkkinen's gonna have his revenge once again!
You can, but the problem is the zip is created on the fly and it seems with 0 compression and half the reason why it crashes. Plus that technique adds a lot of work if you want a couple or more years. On my 4th attempt I actually managed to grab 1992. The zip is ~2.4gb so it took ~2.4gb of data to download. My internet is not the best so probably why it kept failing. Now I have just unpacked that folder and re-zipped it with minimum and fastest compression, it is already down to 1GB so that would have saved more than half of my and others bandwidth, which is what I was trying to say in the first place. Someone else suggested RAR'ing them, which again will save more space and time to download.

It was just a suggestion by a couple of us that's all, i really appreciate these seasons being made available, thanks so much for uploading them in the first place @RenaultDJRTP :cheers:

Here it is - the entirety of the 1971, 1975, 1976, 1982, 1984, 1986, 1988, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001, 2006, 2008 and 2010 F1 seasons: https://mega.nz/folder/KUlmXAgB#c6eISbUyAXRl_KmCkIitmw

Have any other full grids for other seasons that you'd like the community to have as well? Maybe you have the full grids from some of Schumacher's most dominant years in red, or some classic F1 from the 50's and 60's, you could even have the full grids from the start of the ground effect era. Whatever it is, please feel free to let me know, but I'll need a link to them so I can locate them and add them to the folder.

Cheers,
RenaultDJRTP

nice, got 06 from you which was missing from my set. I got 98, 00, 04, 09, 12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19 which are missing from your folders

While going back to an old mod from BZ Simworks, the Acura NSX FE-BZ (v1.55), I saw that head lights are always on. When I push the light button, only dashboard light goes on and off. As this group is behind a private facebook group and that I don't want to go on facebook, I don't know if a fix has been made.
Does someone know how to fix it ?

While going back to an old mod from BZ Simworks, the Acura NSX FE-BZ (v1.55), I saw that head lights are always on. When I push the light button, only dashboard light goes on and off. As this group is behind a private facebook group and that I don't want to go on facebook, I don't know if a fix has been made.
Does someone know how to fix it ?
You have the latest one. It’s probably a CSP related setting have a good look through those, I seem to remember a setting to always turn on or something similar but can’t find it at the moment.

Hello, I have a little issue with Markos Kass' 458 Speciale v3.0 (found on Assetoland). All the skins are very dark (look at the "white" skin below), and I've tried my own skins and it's the same issue, so I guess it come from the model itself. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks a lot !

You have the latest one. It’s probably a CSP related setting have a good look through those, I seem to remember a setting to always turn on or something similar but can’t find it at the moment.

Yes, must be CSP related.
So far I'm able to make head light goes on and off by modifying section LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_0

;[LIGHT_HEADLIGHT_0] removed
[LIGHT_EXTRA_1]
BIND_TO_HEADLIGHTS=1

But it's not enough because I've got a constant glow on the track (think due to front led that are constantly on)
Is there a full ini doc for CSP ? because I'm only guessing how to do thing by comparison with other ini files :)

Hello, I have a little issue with Markos Kass' 458 Speciale v3.0 (found on Assetoland). All the skins are very dark (look at the "white" skin below), and I've tried my own skins and it's the same issue, so I guess it come from the model itself. Does anyone know a way to fix this? Thanks a lot !

One way to fix on your own is by using CM showroom:

1) Highlight a part of the car body by clicking on in:
upload_2020-4-26_14-50-18.png

2) If the car body is split in different parts, click on them to make sure they share the same material name:
upload_2020-4-26_14-52-15.png

3) Click in the 3 dots next to the material name, select CHANGE VALUES.

4) We're going to modify the KsAmbient value, but first of all, it is always a good idea to save the current material just in case. So use the SAVE PRESET button, and save it.

5) Modifying KsAmbient implies adding little values. Normally has have something between 0.35 and 0.55. So, that's the scale you want to work on.

6) Same method used for saving the preset can be used to save a Kunos preset, then go to the ferrari, and apply it (clicking on "Unsaved preset" will drop a list of your saved presets). Always remember the game reproduces the car about 20% brighter than your average black CM showroom.

Hope this helps!

This is going to be a really cursed solution, probably just got my one way ticket to hell, but let's get into it.

Related to the overlapping issues with the Alfa-Romeo TZ2 featured in @GIBBONS's post in PS I generated a new 8K AO layer, heavily modified it (front and rear section on both sides) to better blend the ligther and darker areas with the shadows, because having cars without AO is a crime against motorsport.

Comparison photos below:

naP9JLF.jpg

Got rid of the bright led blob above the rear windshield and managed to get a clean headlight socket, you may use my 8K PSD template below until we get a proper 3D fix for the car:

Alfa Romeo TZ2 8K PSD Template (fixed AO)

Nice one. So can i just copy my skins over to this or do i need to redo them using your new skinbase? sorry if that's a dumbass question lol

I've recently found out that ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) has removed all the videos on his YouTube channel. His tracks mods hosted at ShareMods.com are no longer available.

What happened to him?

One way to fix on your own is by using CM showroom:

1) Highlight a part of the car body by clicking on in:
2) If the car body is split in different parts, click on them to make sure they share the same material name:
3) Click in the 3 dots next to the material name, select CHANGE VALUES.
4) We're going to modify the KsAmbient value, but first of all, it is always a good idea to save the current material just in case. So use the SAVE PRESET button, and save it.
5) Modifying KsAmbient implies adding little values. Normally has have something between 0.35 and 0.55. So, that's the scale you want to work on.
6) Same method used for saving the preset can be used to save a Kunos preset, then go to the ferrari, and apply it (clicking on "Unsaved preset" will drop a list of your saved presets). Always remember the game reproduces the car about 20% brighter than your average black CM showroom.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much, it's pretty much perfect now ! I've actually had to put a value of 1 for ksAmbient to match the colors of the Kunos 458 Italia. Still have to test a few things to make sure it's not too bright now.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back