Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,846 comments
Nice one. So can i just copy my skins over to this or do i need to redo them using your new skinbase? sorry if that's a dumbass question lol

There is no stupid question if one can learn from that. Sending you a PM @MrB00 because explanations may be lengthy depending on your skin.

@Clement T changing materials can enhance results on things like the Chrome effect.
Just take a look at the metal plate on this McLaren (the original is completely opaque):

upload_2020-4-26_15-29-20.png

M6GT20130412_0016-dm-700px1.jpg

Right. OK.
So I got this model and i didn't really like the feel of the car.
I love the Alfa 155 famous for the BTCC in 1994..iconic is an understatement.
I have based this purely on feel, so no point looking into it and saying the left wing nut is out of sync by 2mm....

I just personally wanted a similar looking BTCC 1994 alfa... the front splitter is wrong, the rear spoiler is wrong to the actual car...
But it is what we got.

To me it feels pretty good, you may have reduce FFB in the car.ini multi or increase it whatever, i use 100 in control panel on TX so if you use 75 then this will seem too light.

So yeah. If anyone wants to give it a blast, improve it, tell me where it feels whack, or just rip it to pieces. Happy for whatever comes my way, its free, easy to download and easier to bin it.
If absolutely nothing else, it works well as AI as i tried it...

https://mega.nz/file/xI9HHLhB#Mwm_xkwCgQT1UVJYhu5Tw2K5EOF68z6fMxZxK0yjG1Y

__custom_showroom_1587922116.jpg
Screenshot_alfa_romeo_155_btcc_ks_silverstone_26-4-120-0-36-38.jpg

One good thing has come out of my recent four-day dead Rift ballache. I've always has fairly unstable audio because my 5.1 amp is connected to my PC by HDMI, so the amp gets treated as a second display by Nvidia and Windows (which is utter madness in 2020, yes?). So sometimes, at random and quite often, my audio settings would be reset to either TV output or headphone output or no output at all when I started the PC, all because Realtek and Windows don't always talk to each other properly, especially when one of them thinks my amp is actually a monitor. The HDMI connection was a necessity because Windows/Realtek doesn't enable 5.1 audio over optical, even in 2020 AD. Only 2.1 is possible by default. Yep, crazy.
Anyway, I found a quick and simple way to enable 5.1 over optical AND IT BLEEDIN' WORKS. I've now ditched the HDMI audio connection, my PC is only dealing with one 'display', and after several days of testing my 5.1 optical connection now remains the default connection on every startup. This has also solved a lot of annoying display glitches like random changes in resolution, things moving off-screen, notification sounds when no notification pop-ups appear... basically, Windows is no longer getting occasionally confused thinking that my amp is a second display.
If anyone's interested, here's the video but what isn't mentioned (and is important) is that on the tab "Enhancements" check "Disable all sound effects".
This is the best 'mod' I've installed since getting this PC. If you use HDMI for audio, give this serious consideration. It'll also free up a spare HDMI socket on your video card.

I've recently found out that ACF (Assetto Corsa Fanboy) has removed all the videos on his YouTube channel. His tracks mods hosted at ShareMods.com are no longer available.
What happened to him?
The same happened to Terra21 at one point. Makes me wonder if sooner or later those that release 'illegal' conversions will be threatened by the likes of Codemaster etc?

Huh, never knew that converting rFactor/GTR2/GTL/RACE/AMS cars was THAT easy with 3DSimEd... (And a little bit of 3DS Max when needed)
(Anyone interested in finishing one of these three cars here, PM me and I'll give out the folder alongside its original folder with all of its skins and extra 3D parts not used so far)
__custom_showroom_1587690744.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587690751.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587690828.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587928498.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587928502.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587928524.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587923551.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587923557.jpg
__custom_showroom_1587923599.jpg

Porsche 992 Carrera S: So who's good at correctly setting the gear ratios so we can really enjoy all these great updates?

I would love to see a car that could hit 328 mph... not sure I'd want to drive it. Regardless, this causes the car to feel sluggish when it should really be even more exciting to drive. 1-7 should be more "rapid fire" while 8th is a highway or autobahn cruising gear.

Screenshot_porsche_992_carreras_ks_nurburgring_26-4-120-14-35-4.jpg

https://www.porsche.com/usa/models/...eatures-concept/992-c2s-feature-transmission/

Last edited by a moderator:
Any of these?

g00i.png

a6t5.png

bhx8.png

i4c8.png

These are not E63S models. The 2nd is a 2014 W222 S63 AMG, the first one is a W212 E63 AMG and the last one is the facelift W212 E63 AMG.
What I was looking for is that exact same 2018+ E63S AMG, but not the Brabus tuned version as Masscot linked.

Last edited:
Good news everyone, GIBBONS's Alfa-Romeo TZ2 received a permanent fix (I have deleted my previous post with the temporary fix to avoid confusion for new downloads), no more texture overlapping and you can paint the headlight sockets independently.

0lXHKSc.png

Credits:
- @GIBBONS - for the original mod
- @norms - for fixing the UV and the alpha blending tip
- @MrB00 - for racing skins

I created a fresh 8K template PSD based upon the updated kn5 file with a custom AO, wireframe etc. to give it a new start. Download the update and template package below, thank you everyone who participated!

Alfa-Romeo TZ2 Update + Template (20200426)

Last edited:
Good news everyone, GIBBONS's Alfa-Romeo TZ2 received a permanent fix (I have deleted my previous post with the temporary fix to avoid confusion for new downloads), no more texture overlapping and you can paint the headlight sockets independently.

0lXHKSc.png

Credits:
- @GIBBONS - for the original mod
- @norms - for fixing the UV and the alpha blending tip
- @MrB00 - for racing skins

I created a fresh template PSD based upon the updated kn5 file with a custom AO, wireframe etc. to give it a new start. Download the update and template package below, thank you everyone who participated!

Alfa Romeo TZ2 (original link)

Alfa-Romeo TZ2 Update + Template (20200426)
I'm still looking for a better match for the shifting animation on this car, but in the meantime has anyone noticed that not only is the tach needle not centred on the dial, it's not even centred on its own pivot? The pivot point moves to the right as the revs increase. Hopefully a simple fix for some whiz-kid with electric crayons?
Edit: forgot to say: nice chrome work and flames! :)

Last edited:
Porsche 992 Carrera S: I'm trying these gear ratios listed below. I think they could still be shortened and tweaked to match the real ratios and get better performance out of the car, and someone with more experience could likely do a better job than I.

These settings are in the drivetrain.ini file. You'll have to unpack the data.acd file to get to it.

[GEARS]
COUNT=8 ; forward gears number
GEAR_R=-3.55 ; rear gear ratio
; forward gears ratios. must be equal to number of gears defined on count
GEAR_1=3.977
GEAR_2=2.857
GEAR_3=2.257
GEAR_4=1.730
GEAR_5=1.225
GEAR_6=1.000
GEAR_7=0.820
GEAR_8=0.620

FINAL=3.925 ; final gear ratio

[GEARS -ORIGINAL
GEAR_1=4.89
GEAR_2=3.17
GEAR_3=2.15
GEAR_4=1.56
GEAR_5=1.18
GEAR_6=0.94
GEAR_7=0.76
GEAR_8=0.61
FINAL=3.12 ; final gear ratio ]

Apparently both 7th and 8th are "overdrive" gears but the original mod's ratios for 1-6 are sluggish, and the settings I'm trying still make the car feel "heavy" in the drive train.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1119091-992-gear-ratios-are-shorter-than-in-the-991-a.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
I've got toxic green (maybe even overexposed) fx grass and sky/clouds also on red bull ring, tried sol 1.6 alpha and back to latest on RD. Tried a couple of previous csps, reinstalling csp, track config etc. Anyone else with this problem?

View attachment 914663

Check the exposure settings. It should be 100. If not, check the manual of Sol. You need the actual version of Sol and correct version of CSP.

Trying to work out why my performance still seems to have taken a hit recently. I'm currently getting 15% CPU usage from CM during races. Is this normal? And around 10% from RHM. I never thought either of these were that high.
My CPU usage now seems to be around 99% all the time, even with just a couple of cars on track.

Last edited:
Porsche 992 Carrera S: I'm trying these gear ratios listed below. I think they could still be shortened and tweaked to match the real ratios and get better performance out of the car, and someone with more experience could likely do a better job than I.

These settings are in the drivetrain.ini file. You'll have to unpack the data.acd file to get to it.

[GEARS]
GEAR_1=3.977
GEAR_2=2.857
GEAR_3=2.257
GEAR_4=1.730
GEAR_5=1.225
GEAR_6=1.000
GEAR_7=0.820
GEAR_8=0.620

FINAL=3.925 ; final gear ratio

[GEARS -ORIGINAL
GEAR_1=4.89
GEAR_2=3.17
GEAR_3=2.15
GEAR_4=1.56
GEAR_5=1.18
GEAR_6=0.94
GEAR_7=0.76
GEAR_8=0.61
FINAL=3.12 ; final gear ratio ]

Apparently both 7th and 8th are "overdrive" gears but the original mod's ratios for 1-6 are sluggish, and the settings I'm trying still make the car feel "heavy" in the drive train.
https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1119091-992-gear-ratios-are-shorter-than-in-the-991-a.html

check this out)
https://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/2019/2873090/porsche_911_carrera_s_coupe.html

Trying to work out why my performance still seems to have taken a hit recently. I'm currently getting 15% CPU usage from CM during races. Is this normal? And around 10% from RHM. I never thought either of these were that high.
My CPU usage now seems to be around 99% all the time, even with just a couple of cars on track.

i think you have problem somewhere else if your CPU goes up to 99%. Just tested CM with FM7 prague and my CPU (with some firefox tabs opened, antivirus, antilogger and other progs in BG is on a 40% load) (ACS.exe uses 33% of my CPU).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back