Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,542 comments
Ah, easy fix. I can take a look at the whole balloon config for this track as gargantuan structures like Cathedral Rock weren't really considered when I set the heights in the balloon fiesta pack, lol.
Working on a billboard/chopper skin too.
:)

Excellent track mate, just as much fun as I hoped it would be.

Thanks for your kind words!

Some choppers flying around would be very cool - I prefer your logo much more than mine, so please feel free to replace my 3 second Photoshop jobbo with your much more stylish one in any billboard skin you make :D

Also could you point me to where I might find information on animating textures like the chopper blades and water waves? I have some interesting ideas i'd like to try out, but don't know where to start.

There's a Polycode team member active on RD so I've messaged him to see if their tracks are available outside of China. This one in particular looks fantastic (Guizhou Junchi International Circuit)

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1rt411c7NF?from=search&seid=15075035593649653270

To quote one of the comments: Please accept the knees of the younger brothers for more elaborate MODs

If you find out a way to download this.... I will send you beer money haha

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av74674251/

the mod link is in the description with password but... you need a chinese account haha

mod:链接:https://pan.baidu.com/s/1Alu_vX52ezkTkQL6PWP9dg 提取码:17lq

A Chinese ex-colleague of mine is on it. No promises but maybe he can find a way :) Would be great if you could send me some links on PM on what we're looking for since i haven't stayed to updated on the Chinese mods.

Did some vintage billboards for Spa 1966 (AC Track Reboot)
upload_2020-4-27_21-49-9.png

Grab it here:

https://we.tl/t-EMfPFC9BYT

Online for 7 days.

Btw can someone please advise how to darken the 3d grass here?

A Chinese ex-colleague of mine is on it. No promises but maybe he can find a way :) Would be great if you could send me some links on PM on what we're looking for since i haven't stayed to updated on the Chinese mods.

only one i'm looking for is the one i sent. I need a toyota hilux in my life haha.

Thanks for your kind words!

Some choppers flying around would be very cool - I prefer your logo much more than mine, so please feel free to replace my 3 second Photoshop jobbo with your much more stylish one in any billboard skin you make :D

Also could you point me to where I might find information on animating textures like the chopper blades and water waves? I have some interesting ideas i'd like to try out, but don't know where to start.
Look at the end of this config to try and sort something out. Looks too simple but may be all you need. Just replacing materials
https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...config/blob/master/config/tracks/feldberg.ini

Did some vintage billboards for Spa 1966 (AC Track Reboot)
View attachment 915168

Grab it here:

https://we.tl/t-EMfPFC9BYT

Online for 7 days.

Btw can someone please advise how to darken the 3d grass here?
If you go into the Wiki area on here, it looks like it's matching the original material? I'm still learning about this but the second paragraph of code about spawn mask settings may or may not help. Don't see anything in the config here pertaining to that though.
https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-config/wiki/Tracks-–-Grass-FX
https://github.com/ac-custom-shader...config/blob/master/config/tracks/spa_1966.ini

I've always wondered why people do that. Doesn't it feel like you're driving a Tesla with the autopilot engaged?
My view/FOV in cockpit is set in a way that my real steering wheel matches/covers the virtual one. For me it's weird to see virtual hands behind my own.
And the only thing that's forcing me to keep the virtual wheel ON is that several cars have the Motec display on the steering wheel.
pCars (e.g.) has a solution that automatically shows the virtual wheel in this case, while it stays hidden in the other case. I wish AC had this feature.

:confused:Question: What are all the data sources used when you select "Align using data" in CM Showroom?:confused:
The real data folder or acd file. This is key when making certain adjustments.
When you get a car setup correctly you can also update the model then to reflect the changes and that represents the previews and whatnot.
This is why when you see some mods where you see the preview looks really nice and then you get it on tracks and the ride height is wacked out, the camber is wacked out, pieces scraping on the ground, sparks flying. They didn't check the data to the model after making changes.

ah okay, i don't think i ever activated it. Was hoping i could find some free FPS for VR. i'm sitting at about 89 FPS with no cars and 70fps with 10+ cars.

ah okay, i don't think i ever activated it. Was hoping i could find some free FPS for VR. i'm sitting at about 89 FPS with no cars and 70fps with 10+ cars.
Flatten nodes and optimise draw order give me a few extra and they aren't on by default, locate in CSP > general patch settings. There's others too but they tend to cause me problems, never had a problem with those 2 settings 👍

In what way are they in error, I may or may not fix them?

Well there is a whole blog somewhere which never seems to do cameras, so you could always take a crack at those.

:cheers:

Hello friend, finally Monaco_75, the cars don't crash anymore. I found out that there was another 1975 mod, By Bazza version 1.05. What I had I don't know whose it was. Maybe my 1971 and 1976 Mod has a problem too, which I tested on the versions of Monaco_ (72) and Monaco_ (73-75) that you passed. I had tested the AI file in the data folder, but it didn't work. Vu try this file in Mod 1976, or try to download another one. Do you have any to indicate? Thank you very much in advance.

The real data folder or acd file. This is key when making certain adjustments.
When you get a car setup correctly you can also update the model then to reflect the changes and that represents the previews and whatnot.
This is why when you see some mods where you see the preview looks really nice and then you get it on tracks and the ride height is wacked out, the camber is wacked out, pieces scraping on the ground, sparks flying. They didn't check the data to the model after making changes.
Thank you, I was aware it was the data files but I'm hoping to determine which ones. For example I know tyres.ini will determine the size of my tires but I have a mod where I changed and re-sized the tyres and all good until I hit align using data and the rear ride height was way off. Edited tyres.ini and that helped a bit but still too high. So before going crazy with all the different suspension ini settings I changed the height with Y base and saved a new kn5. Then it looked great on track. But the height looked fine with the kn5 before selecting align using data so why would a new kn5 help? Oh, and then when I return to showroom after the track the rear height is still too high with align data.
So now I'm a bit confused:ill:

Nissan Skyline R30 Super Silhouette (FM7) v2.1 by Lu Thua Kien

preview-jpg.915205

• Added description.
  • Changed preview
  • Changed year to 1983 from 1982.
  • Changed tags to "#Vintage GT","manual","turbo","rwd","japan","race","vintage","i4" from "rwd","gt","race","shifter","japan","skyline".
  • Decreased total mass (kg) to 1,080 from 1,245.
  • Changed polar intertia from width/height/lenght (m) to 1.980/1.239/5.065 from 1.700/1.230/4.600.
  • Increased force feedback multiplier to 3.156 from 2.700.
  • Increased steering lock to 520 from 350.
  • Decreased steering ratio to 16 from 19.
  • Increased steering rod ratio to 0.00230 from 0.00250.
  • Decreased brake percentage at front wheels to 58 from 65.
  • Added brake temperatures.
  • Changed ground collider #0 X/Y/Z position to 0/-0.30/-0.07 from 0/-0.344/0.
  • Changed ground collider #0 X/Y/Z dimension to 1.95/0.05/1.80 from 1.689/0.002/2.876.
  • Added ground collider #1.
    • X/Y/Z position: 0/-0.33/1.97.
    • X/Y/Z dimension: 1.90/0.05/0.70.
  • Increased turbo pressure (bar) to 2.0 from 1.0.
  • Increased power output at wheels to 476 hp @ 7,600 rpm from 455 hp @ 9,250 rpm (15% transmission loss from 560 hp).
  • Increased power output at wheels to 458 Nm @ 6,400 rpm from 366 Nm @ 7,750 rpm (15% transmission loss from 539 Nm).
  • Changed power graph to closely ressemble real-life counterpart.
  • Decreased turbo overboost damage threshold (bar) to 5 from 60.
  • Decreased overrev damage threshold (rpm) to 9,000 from 9,925
  • Increased turbo reference (rpm) 5,000 from 3,550.
  • Changed turbo lag values to 0.996/0.995 from 0.991/0.996.
  • Decreased redline (rpm) to 8,000 from 9,450.
  • Increased idle (rpm) to 2,500 from 1,000.
  • Removed cockpit-adjustable turbo.
  • Added adjustable gear ratios.
  • Changed reverse gear ratio to "-2.4620" from "-2.9090".
  • Changed 1st gear ratio to "2.2500" from "2.0000".
  • Changed 2nd gear ratio to "1.6842" from "1.3400".
  • Changed 3rd gear ratio to "1.3182" from "1.0770".
  • Changed 4th gear ratio to "1.0400" from "0.9330".
  • Changed 5th gear ratio to "0.8889" from "0.8214".
  • Changed final drive ratio to "4.2104" from "5.4540".
  • Added new files to adjustable gear ratios:
    • 1st.rto: 2.2500, 2.1875, 2.0588 and 2.0000.
    • 2nd.rto: 2.0000, 1.9333, 1.8889, 1.6842 and 1.6000.
    • 3rd.rto: 1.6000, 1.4762, 1.4286, 1.3810 and 1.3182.
    • 4th.rto: 1.3182, 1.2174, 1.1667, 1.0800, 1.0400 and 1.0000.
    • 5th.rto: 1.0000, 0.9259, 0.8889, 0.8571, 0.8214, 0.7857 and 0.7586.
  • Changed final.rto:
    • Removed ratios: 5.727, 5.600, 5.454 and 5.222.
    • Added ratios: 5.3946, 4.8683 and 4.2104.
  • Decreased autoshifter values (rpm) to 7,900/5,000 from 9,400/6,000.
  • Increased AI shift values (rpm) to 7,900/5,000 from 6,700/3,500.
  • Decreased differential lock under power/coasting to 50/50 from 80/70.
  • Changed tyre properties for the following files:
    • semislicks_rear.lut.
    • semislicks_front.lut.
    • tyres.ini.
  • Added file:
    • tcurve_semis.lut.
  • Removed files:
    • slicksDRM_CELICA_front.lut.
    • slicksDRM_CELICA_front_E.lut.
    • slicksDRM_CELICA_rear.lut.
    • slicksDRM_CELICA_rear_E.lut.
    • tcurve_frontDRM_CELICA.lut.
    • tcurve_frontDRM_CELICA_E.lut.
    • tcurve_frontDRM_CELICA_R.lut.
    • tcurve_rearDRM_CELICA.lut.
    • tcurve_rearDRM_CELICA_E.lut.
    • tcurve_rearDRM_CELICA_R.lut.
  • Added tyre:
    • Vintage 83.
  • Removed tyres:
    • DRM Slick, Endurance and Rain.
  • Changed aerodynamics for the following files:
    • wing_body_AOA_CD.lut.
    • wing_body_AOA_CL.lut.
    • wing_front_AOA_CD.lut.
    • wing_front_AOA_CL.lut.
    • wing_rear_AOA_CD.lut.
    • wing_rear_AOA_CL.lut.
  • Added files:
    • wing_gurney_AOA_CD.lut.
    • wing_gurney_AOA_CL.lut.
  • Removed files:
    • wing_spoiler_AOA_CD.lut.
    • wing_spoiler_AOA_CL.lut.
    • wing_spoiler_AOA_CD.
    • wing_spoiler_AOA_CL.
  • Fixed steering wheel pivot.
  • Adjusted driver position.
  • New rivet for steering wheel + here and there around bodywork.
  • fixed water temperature gauge.
  • Fixed turbo pressure gauge.
  • Added shift light.
  • Added one LOD.
  • UI information added, inc driver, team, car number (based on the #11 KDR30 Super Silhouette entered by Hasemi Motorsport TOMICA at the 1982 Fuji Super Silhouette Series, driven by Masahiro Hasemi).
  • Manual shifting animation added.
  • Many shader adjustments inside and out (almost all ambient, diffuse and specular values were very odd, but direct sun should no longer causes horrendous nuclear glare on tweaked objects).
  • Exterior paint, decals, wheel caps all darkened, diffuse values altered for a more natural look.
  • Many cockpit materials desaturated for a more subtle, less 'cartoony' ambience.
  • MOMO driver suit, gloves and helmet added to replace default white Sparco ones.
  • New rims with blur.
  • Reworked rivets.
  • Changed light textures.
  • Changed gauges.
  • Updated mirrors.
  • Adjusted shaders.

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 2,120
Last edited:
Thank you, I was aware it was the data files but I'm hoping to determine which ones. For example I know tyres.ini will determine the size of my tires but I have a mod where I changed and re-sized the tyres and all good until I hit align using data and the rear ride height was way off. Edited tyres.ini and that helped a bit but still too high. So before going crazy with all the different suspension ini settings I changed the height with Y base and saved a new kn5. Then it looked great on track. But the height looked fine with the kn5 before selecting align using data so why would a new kn5 help? Oh, and then when I return to showroom after the track the rear height is still too high with align data.
So now I'm a bit confused:ill:
The height of the car body model is determined by the BASEY in suspensions.ini and the Graphics Offset and Pitch in car.ini. I've never adjusted tyres.ini and have adjusted the body height as well by accident. I think when you made the new kn5, you reset the model to what it looks like in the editor but on track it's still using the data folder which the model is adjusted by car.ini and suspensions.ini.
You are correct that it can get confusing. I don't think you needed to create the extra kn5. And don;t use BASEY to adjust the body height, that changes the whole handling of the car. Use graphics offsets and pitch to get the body in shape without affecting performance. You could get a Ferrari F40 to drive like a van if you get crazy with BASEY.

Last edited:
Hi all,

@RobertFlagg, @Norms and I polished up another track

This time it's Autodromo Ciudad de Rafaela

now includes 3 layouts, The original Road Course, Oval and the Short Course

https://www.mediafire.com/file/kn79cxtvpfc7a58/Autodromo_Ciudad_de_Rafaela_Argentina_v2.0.rar/file

credits:
Author - unknown
Alt. layout extractions by @RobertFlagg
Barriers re-arranged by @norms
AI, UI & track maps by @LiquidSkyMan

Enjoy,
LSM

very good, but was there an earlier version with another transfer and it overlapped, by chance could it be added or can someone pass me the previous version?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back