Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
....1PITwhatever, it will be recognized by the game as part of the pitlane and ghosting will be applied to this part as well. I am not 100% sure about this, so before you do it maybe backup the orignal kn5 file, but I think it should work ;)

Think you still need IS_PITLANE=1 in surfaces.ini
AC has default entries for ROAD, GRASS, KERB and SAND.

That designates that mesh as collision, nANYTHING... is drivable, nWall... is collidable. ANYTHING also gets listed in surfaces.ini for its properties if needed, including IS_PITLANE=
(n can start with zero (0) but can't be zero itself.( 01ROAD works but 0ROAD doesn't))

Thanks a lot.

I think Assetto Corsa understands nROADm as part of the track on which you can race and nPITS as pitlane always, which means that if you do name the object 1PITwhatever, it will be recognized by the game as part of the pitlane and ghosting will be applied to this part as well. I am not 100% sure about this, so before you do it maybe backup the orignal kn5 file, but I think it should work ;)

Thanks. No worry, backup is always my first move ;)

My first ghost pit lane work as expected, pit info panel appears and I'm unable to collide with AI.
Now time to edit pit position, start line and so on :)

Converted the 49B from Pcars yonks ago but don't have it any longer.
Get your self over to F1Classic where plenty of stuff gets released.
Bazza and a few of us here also have a presence on VintageAC (Discord, which I can't seem to make an invite to?)
Thanks a lot mate, find some old first wing F1 on this website, but it's the ones with the big rear wing and really above the cars, i ll give them a try
So sad that you don't got the 49b anymore, such an amazing car :)

Lotus-49B.jpg

Converted the 49B from Pcars yonks ago but don't have it any longer.
Get your self over to F1Classic where plenty of stuff gets released.
Bazza and a few of us here also have a presence on VintageAC (Discord, which I can't seem to make an invite to?)
Imo you don´t need an invite for the https://discord.me/vintageac
Many ones came from there https://www.reddit.com/r/VintageAC/ and had no probs at all to get in ... :)
F1Classic seems nowadays a bit orphaned, at least in comparison to this monster thread :D, but you can still find a lot of gems there. :)
Legion´s blog is also always appreciated for many vintage cars and tracks too. Thx @GzeroD

Thanks a lot.

Thanks. No worry, backup is always my first move ;)

My first ghost pit lane work as expected, pit info panel appears and I'm unable to collide with AI.
Now time to edit pit position, start line and so on :)
Great to hear that everything is working for you, good luck! :)

Don't be so humble pk3r72owns. I rate Cathedral as one of the most enjoyable layouts of any fictional track I've driven. It is a blast! 👍

Seriously. Very nice work getting the flow of the track so spot on.
Got a fatigued/weathered billboard skin ready to go.
@pk3r72owns, I'll probably get this uploaded today rather than roll it in with the forthcoming track update. Balloons/helis/planes etc can still be in the track update.

Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_cathedral_rock_1-5-120-11-39-1.jpg
Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_cathedral_rock_1-5-120-11-44-5.jpg
Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_cathedral_rock_1-5-120-11-52-11.jpg
Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_cathedral_rock_1-5-120-11-57-14.jpg
Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_cathedral_rock_1-5-120-11-59-26.jpg
Screenshot_legion_shelby_daytona_289_cathedral_rock_1-5-120-11-53-26.jpg

It's layouts using the Kunos model. If you take the config from the Kunos Nurburgring, copy it and rename it to ks_nurburgring_extras as he has it names, the config and VAO can be applied to his layouts. It works and I definitely don't have that for his layouts of Nurbs. I was going to see about combining them all into the one folder though in the first place at some time.

Sorry but it does not work for me. I have created a ks_nurburgring_extras.ini (copied from ks_nurburgring.ini) and have placed it into \extension\config\tracks\loaded folder. No difference. Still the grass floating in the air.

...find some old first wing F1 on this website, but it's the ones with the big rear wing...

Those F5000s got an update recently, check the Discord channel mentioned.
I also have an overkill version of those cars where I stuck 500 cubic inch plus motors in 'em. (I did it to get the wings graphically attached to the wheel hubs/uprights but unfortunately AC can't do the unsprung downforce.)

Ya could try this one I fixed months ago as @Fanapryde had same prob too. Today I would make a bit nicer looking grass, but if that config works for you, better grass can be implemented later on. ;)

Edit: almost forgot: past config to folder \extension\config\tracks\loaded and overwrite old one. :)

Attachments

• ks_nurburgring_extras.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Ya could try this one I fixed months ago as @Fanapryde had same prob too. Today I would make a bit nicer looking grass, but if that config works for you, better grass can be implemented later on. ;)

Thanks for your file @slider666 I got it to working right now but the problem was not the ini file. I had copied @GzeroD files into the kunos main track folder so CM always loads the "mother" file which is ks_nurburgring.ini. Simple but annoying. Now I need to do this also for Mugello, Vallelunga, Magione, Barcelona etc....

Thanks for your file @slider666 I got it to working right now but the problem was not the ini file. I had copied @GzeroD files into the kunos main track folder so CM always loads the "mother" file which is ks_nurburgring.ini. Simple but annoying. Now I need to do this also for Mugello, Vallelunga, Magione, Barcelona etc....
Ah, sure. I remember now, @Fanapryde made the same. We seperated both versions too on his side. And all went fine. :)
I wanted to look about that combining problem later on, but other things went in and I forgot it totally. Thx for your reminder... 👍 :D

Last edited:
No problem, I hope it helps :)

For me it happens when an AI for some reason couldn't complete it's stint during Practice or Qualifying. What I mean is - for example during Practice, the AI car got hit by another car, crashed into the barrier and got sent back by the game into the pits. Then that car doesn't drive out again and in Qualifying it doesn't even set a time. Or sometimes it happens when an AI car already set a time in Qualifying with no problems, but during coming back into the pits it had an accident and once and it got sent back by the game to the pits.

Very often I am able to tell which AI car will probably not start the race and stay on the grid just by looking on what compound of tyres all cars are on - very often the "broken" AI car will have it's qualifying tyres on instead of the ones others use during the race (so for example it will be on Q tyres instead of M). When I see that, I immediately know I have to restart the session and most of the times it helps. Good luck!

Thank you Foxeway. That helps me and others to "see this coming" and skirt the issue,

Those F5000s got an update recently, check the Discord channel mentioned.
I also have an overkill version of those cars where I stuck 500 cubic inch plus motors in 'em. (I did it to get the wings graphically attached to the wheel hubs/uprights but unfortunately AC can't do the unsprung downforce.)
I check the discord channel, but i'm enable to find the F5000's update, do you have a direct link please?

Edit: almost forgot: past config to folder \extension\config\tracks\loaded and overwrite old one. :)
Thanks for posting this as I didn't have a config file for this track yet :cheers:

Here is the 8th track of the Northern Europe TrackPack I promised a few days ago:
- Jyllands-Ringen by Tiago Lima -> pits extended from 15 to 30

Most of the work with Jyllands has been done by @slider666 , @norms and @LiquidSkyMan , so they deserve all the praise for this fixes! :)

Here is the explanation from @slider666 on what has been changed:

"Thanks goes first to Tiago Lima on RD for his initial work on this track for AC, @Fanapryde , @leBluem and @norms for testing and giving feedback, @LiquidSkyMan for new improved track limits and outlines.
@norms for finding drive through holes in the infield (for whatever reason one should go there ;) ), giving @slider666 the missing 3D people texture and at the end even finding an weird wrong named road mesh.
Config and fixes by @slider666

Changelog:
  • fixed weird "flying" doubled curbs on certain corners
  • fixed flickering trees
  • removed huge billboards
  • added new grass fx
  • added "waving" flags
  • added a few lights at night
  • 3D people just not full grey anymore (thx @norms )
  • added missing shadows
  • fixed drive through holes in infield (thx @norms )
  • fixed grass named mesh on road (thx @norms )
  • changed a little part of the track to be "dirty" ;)
  • overall brightness and saturation
  • improved performance a little with new lod settings in config
  • new improved track limits and outlines (thx @LiquidSkyMan )
  • fixed some weird shaders and their alpha channels or blendings
  • extended pit boxes and start positions by @Foxeway
  • new preview for 30 pits layout by @Fanapryde "
LINK: https://mega.nz/file/Tf5gRSKT#Q8kEvuPp0It18mHn1kicu9GNKyr5HpXUBKFNlj3S9Rc

NOTE: If you don't have the original track, there is a link to download Jyllands-Ringen by Tiago Lima in the Readme files.

IMPORTANT: This one will overwrite some of the original files in the track folder, but it's probably for the better, as all these fixes are very high quality.

Here are the links to the other pits extensions I made:
Northern Europe Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1075#post-13086845

Southern Europe Trackpack:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1060#post-13083653

Once again, big thanks to all the great people tagged above, it's their release and not mine, so give them cheers :cheers:

Thanks for posting this as I didn't have a config file for this track yet :cheers:
Remember that technically you did. If the maker uses an existing track with a config, even though it's in a new folder, the existing config will work, you only need to rename it to match the new folder/kn5. Same should work for VAO.

The issue is that groove and skidmarks are done as a seperate layer on all tracks so that their transparency can be adjusted based on the track grip level. They are usually placed a few mm or more above the track surface so that visible clipping and z-fighting doesn't occur with the track surface itself if they are too close. On some tracks like the recently edited Sonoma, it looks like you are driving through a layer of water or something in some sections of track because the groove is set very high.

These floating skidmarks and track marks can fail to recieve shadows properly depending on how they are done. Ever since Ilja added the 'properly project shadows' option in Fake Shadows FX in January(?), this has been really noticable as the track marks often don't seem to recieve the shadows from this option correctly. If you disable the option they should probably become less noticable but that setting really helps eliminate the problem of car shadows clipping through the track surface as they are more properly and realistically casted.

There is still that option you were seeking to adjust the height in Settings > Assetto Corsa > System.

There is the added problem that there is much inconsistency in how high these layers are placed between different track makers so not sure how much you can really do with that setting that will be an improvement globally so to speak.

I do also find this problem very distracting when looking underneath the car in front, the skid marks appear brighter than the shadow underneath them and so are annoyingly noticable.

Thanks, that is exactly the issue I was having, "driving through a layer of water or something". It really was a distraction.
I did eventually find the setting and adjusted the height of the layer of skid marks and turned off the shadows fx, it seems to be working fine again.
Thanks for the reply.

A few days ago someone mentioned that it's hard to follow Dan Busca's updates and changelogs so I tried to compile what I could find:

Audi 90 Quattro IMSA GTO (1989) v1.0 to v1.8
  • [fixed] Missing wheel blur
  • [fixed] Missing seatbelts need to be added and seatbelt setup so driver is wearing it correctly
  • [fixed] UV mapping / AO baking needs to be done for the bodywork
  • Adapt mod to work with weather effects
Audi RS4 (2006) v1.8 to v1.9
  • no changes (data.acd changed)
BMW 320 V8 Judd (2006) v1.8 to v1.9
  • Improved exhaust tips to make them look hollow
  • Improved a few external 3d materials further
  • Improved sound mixing and volumes
  • Added Judd Power custom sunstrips
  • Added White, Red and Blue colours
  • Improved aero
Koenigsegg One:1 Skugga v1.7 to v1.9
  • Further improved aero
  • Created custom Hypercar Road and Hypercar Trofeo tyres
  • Improved sound mixing
Nissan R91CP (1991) v1.8 to v2.1
  • Improved a few external 3d materials further
  • Improved sound mixing
  • Added more Custom Shaders Patch particle effects, lights and shadows
  • Baked AO into all skins and remastered them further to increase quality
  • Added 3d sunscreen banner with different colours and styles
  • [fixed] Missing windscreen wiper animation
Porsche 911 993 RWB v2.6 to v2.7
  • no changes (data.acd changed)
Porsche 911 997 GT3 RSR v1.9 to v2.0
  • no changes (data.acd + skins folder changed)

No changes doesn't mean nothing has changed. It simply means that nothing on his changelog or to-do-list changed. In those cases I at least try to mention which folder(s)/file(s) were updated.

Could you also post an invite? Thanks.

You should be able to access the server from this link https://discord.me/vintageac

But be prepared to write an essay on who you are and where you come from before you gain access to their discord proper. Great if you can be bothered but not so great if you're like me and aren't a very active discord user other than grabbing a few mods and updates and reading some of the stuff that gets posted there.

You should be able to access the server from this link https://discord.me/vintageac
But be prepared to write an essay on who you are and where you come from before you gain access to their discord proper. Great if you can be bothered but not so great if you're like me and aren't a very active discord user other than grabbing a few mods and updates and reading some of the stuff that gets posted there.
Yepp, a self introduction is mandatory to join Jonah´s discord channel.
This is a little part of the welcome message:
If you have just joined this Discord, you must introduce yourself in the #introduce-yourself channel. Important information is your age and country. ...
Other informations are greatly appreciated but imo not mandatory. On the other hand, I´m so long in the channel it could have been changed somehow... :boggled:

Edit: adding your country flag to your intro message seems necessary too.

Last edited:
v5 update to Forceful's 991.2 GT3RS (Requires CSP 1.51 or above)

95032644_2949619575105105_7892742424970133504_o.jpg

Major updates on PBR shaders, interior and exterior texture.
New Instrument and custom navigation display
Upgrade Aero with higher Total CL value
Equipped with the new Pilot Sport Cup 2 R tyres
Higher overall performance compare to previous version.

Hey I am an admin at Discord.Me/VintageAC and we're always looking for new members. When you join simply write a short intro in #introduce-yourself with age and country and you get full access to the server. We race every Saturday/Sunday at 18:00 UTC and we will be running two fun races today for all the new guys. Let me know if you guys have any questions :)

v5 update to Forceful's 991.2 GT3RS (Requires CSP 1.51 or above)Major updates on PBR shaders, interior and exterior texture.
New Instrument and custom navigation display
Upgrade Aero with higher Total CL value
Equipped with the new Pilot Sport Cup 2 R tyres
Higher overall performance compare to previous version.

Nice !

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back