Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
Need some help with Blender

Cannot open fbx files

"files/import/fbx" do not work
In "edit/preferences/add-ons" fbx is checked, don't know what to do more...

I have updated my 1993 Jaguar XJ220C.

WMrzSAh.jpg

hOVpsWd.jpg

While it's a bit rough around the edges I've really been enjoying trying to get my times down on this hillclimb course. https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/harewood-speed-hillclimb.32001/updates
It could definitely do with some work to get it to a really good state but it's pretty good where it is and boy is it a hard one to get a fast time without ending up in the fields or orchard.

@safi hellie The replay camera isn't too bad here but is a little high at some points, but if you would be kind enough to make one or two i'd really appreciate it :bowdown:

Done.
Mega DiRT rally vibes to this camera.
Track doesn't seem to end? It's weird got to the end and if you carry on through the car park my camera will track you down a dirt track which weirdly is more fun than the road bit...eventually you re-join the road half way down....

'txt' to 'ini' etc.

Attachments

• cameras_1.txt
    9.6 KB · Views: 22
Thank you Sir! Good upgrade, now I can drive it under rain 👍. Digital display is welcome also. Not to mention Gulf skin just the way I like them for road cars: sober clean and nice looking. I like to drive it even more, especially since alongside the very good physics, you kept this realistic steering wheel DOR which is quite rare on AC mods. :cheers:
Thank you, I am pleased you are happy with the car :cheers:

Done.
Mega DiRT rally vibes to this camera.
Track doesn't seem to end? It's weird got to the end and if you carry on through the car park my camera will track you down a dirt track which weirdly is more fun than the road bit...eventually you re-join the road half way down....

'txt' to 'ini' etc.

Apparently that's what the real track does, but yeah that downhill mudtrack bit is fun too lol. It does eventually take you back to the starting beam by the little hut.
Gotta take my dog out for a walk but I'll check your cam out when I get back - thanks in advance for making it and I'm looking forward to the Dirt Rally vibes

I'm trying to create a new kn5 name for the mod I'm working on (a shorter name). I save the kn5 with it's new name using kseditor. I then change all references to the old kn5 name to the new in all of the data files. When I try to drive it I get an error message telling me it cannot find lods.ini for the old kn5 name even though I changed the lods.ini file to the new kn5 name. What am I missing?:confused:

Problem solved. In my testing I had a grid with same car opponents using the older kn5. After I changed the kn5 and tried a test run again it was still looking for those older kn5 opponents.
At least that's what I think happened, lol

Last edited:
What determines what car preview is used when you just hit the 'update previews' button? I thought I'd deleted all preview presets except one, but pressing 'update previews' loads an old one that I thought I'd deleted a while ago. There must be alocation for the default one, but where?
I can select the one I want by going update previews/presets, but I want to change the default one so that just hitting 'update previews' does it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is one camera. Track has some bumps on it doesn't it!!

'txt' to 'ini' add to track data folder...
Very nice, thank you! It's good to see more of the rolling countryside with your longer distance angles.
Is it just my setup or do there appear to be quick double cuts at the end of some of the camera shots?

As for preview presets the only place I can find for presets is here C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Data\Built-in Presets\Custom Previews

And here lol

C:\Users\***\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Showroom

One more edit to say that @Sylana82 has answered this. I didn't know about changing the preset options here too :cheers:

What determines what car preview is used when you just hit the 'update previews' button? I thought I'd deleted all preview presets except one, but pressing 'update previews' loads an old one that I thought I'd deleted a while ago. There must be alocation for the default one, but where?
I can select the one I want by going update previews/presets, but I want to change the default one so that just hitting 'update previews' does it.

From my experience, just pressing the button will use the most recently used preset. If I had to guess, somewhere behind the scenes (so in ...AppData/Local/AcTools Content Manager) it probably makes a copy so it knows which one to use. It's possible that yours somehow became read-only, therefore not saving the most recent one.

What in the options is set currently determines the previews. Simply deleting is not enough, you have to change the preset in the options too

OK, so if I want to have, say, simple_preset_black as my default preview, how would I go about that?
Edit: update previews->options just opens a screen with the preview I don't want in it, which I can move around. That's all. No option to select another scene.

Where did you create the preview? It could be that you just saved a cm showroom preset instead of a preview preset

Have you tried over "Update previews" > "Options" and then save there the preset?

Anmerkung-2020-05-01-231343.png

What in the options is set currently determines the previews. Simply deleting is not enough, you have to change the preset in the options too
Excuse my memory but were you doing visual updates to this Gr. A Skyline? Somebody wanted to and I can't remember who and then there it pops up.
Might be someone on facebook.

Looks like Velo got a hold of that old Celica that was converted from the drift cars pack. We should get more skins for it at least.

then it should be enough, as long as you changed it

EDIT:

You don't have these?

View attachment 916629

Something like Kunos should be able to be choosed or don't you get the list at all?
In 'update previews -> presets', yes. But 'update previews -> options' just opens a window with the scene in it that I can manipulate with the mouse (zoom, pan, rotate etc).

OK so heres 3 cameras for Anglesey track. Pretty sure i got it from RD if you don't already have it.
It has some cameras that i got from RD and they are really good. I was going to leave it, but then i love this track so what the hell...few more cameras can't hurt can it.

The folder structure has dry track / wet track, both these folders have data folders in which the cameras need to go in...
Also like his Kirkstown track there is also a data folder in the main part of the track too...so add them in there as well..

...if you don't have any other cameras in the folders then keep as numbered in my uploads...
If you have other cameras in there then rename mine to consecutive numbers...
Just remember whatever cameras you have they MUST go from 1 up wards, never mixed up like 2 1 4 7 etc..they won't work..

Cheers.

Here is a quick taste...

Attachments

• cameras_1.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 36
  • cameras_2.txt
    8.4 KB · Views: 34
  • cameras_3.txt
    8.3 KB · Views: 33
OK so heres 3 cameras for Anglesey track. Pretty sure i got it from RD if you don't already have it.
It has some cameras that i got from RD and they are really good. I was going to leave it, but then i love this track so what the hell...few more cameras can't hurt can it.

The folder structure has dry track / wet track, both these folders have data folders in which the cameras need to go in...
Also like his Kirkstown track there is also a data folder in the main part of the track too...so add them in there as well..

...if you don't have any other cameras in the folders then keep as numbered in my uploads...
If you have other cameras in there then rename mine to consecutive numbers...
Just remember whatever cameras you have they MUST go from 1 up wards, never mixed up like 2 1 4 7 etc..they won't work..

Cheers.

Here is a quick taste...

Now I can recreate some Fifth Gear Tiff vs Jason battles :lol:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back