Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,846 comments
Hey guys. Computer is fried (don’t feel bad, it was really old), so no updates for a while from me. Switching to my less capable laptop for most at-home related things, so no Assetto for a while. I will get a new computer and attempt to salvage what I can from the old one once the global crisis is resolved. For now, I'm going back to Gran Turismo to get my racing fix while I await a replacement.

Awww not good mate. Hopefully your hard drive is ok and all your stuff is waiting for you when you're back up n running.

Or use appropriate hashtags ? Ran into that problem as some cars had ridiculously long names if they competed in more than one category ahah.
I used tags+filters previously but it gets too messy too quickly (I still do that for tracks). Categories and folder structure right in cars list would be the best.

My goal here was to create a late sixties Chevrolet Corvair Yenko Stinger. America's only attempt to create a rear engined sport coupe ala Porsche 911. Have always liked the looks and claimed performance of it and I'm quite happy with how this one fares so far. All credit for the original Corvair mod goes to Uncle M who needs no introduction here. Special thanks to @gergerger @Beezer215 @norms and all the other members who graciously share their knowledge.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qv1b21pslcgudk1/chevrolet_corvair_stinger.zip/file

Changelog (of what I can remember):
  • Wheels/tires swapped and re-sized, additional tire types added
  • engine swap to match 240 naturally aspirated power of the Stage Four version
  • weight reduced to SCCA class minimum
  • final gear ratios changed to match Yenko options
  • all headlights yellowed
  • exhaust flames added
  • seven liveries
  • ac crew 👍 gergerger and livery related helmets
  • final gear ratios changed to Yenko Stinger spec
  • FFM adjusted
  • brake torque changed
  • brake bias adjusted

In the next update I'll add additional LODs, additional chassis tuning options, perhaps add a black interior version and address any issues found here by the community. I recommend enabling the crew in CM Showroom view to check out some of gergerger's work. Enjoy!
Corvair Road America grid.jpg
__custom_showroom_1588962245.jpg

View attachment 918792

These are the Black shapes I have, any ideas?

@gutbomb

What is the general opinion on quality of tommy78 car mods. Never driven any, wtcr from maki and delpinsky are excellent, so there was no need. But now, now he is doing a mod pack of the 1991 DTM, which includes my most wanted car of the period, the Audi quattro V8. It's a season pass for 5 cars (two of which are actually already in the game by Kunos, and are both excellent e190 and m3), so the price 15 eur is for 3 cars basically, the Audi, the Opel Omega and the Mustang. It is a bit much, but I don't mind paying 15 bucks for three cars if they are good quality, but I just don't know how good his cars are. Any feedback would be appreciated.

https://tpongracz.com/shop/ac-dtm-1991-season-pass/

I'll let you know. I bought the whole pack.

My goal here was to create a late sixties Chevrolet Corvair Yenko Stinger. America's only attempt to create a rear engined sport coupe ala Porsche 911. Have always liked the looks and claimed performance of it and I'm quite happy with how this one fares so far. All credit for the original Corvair mod goes to Uncle M who needs no introduction here. Special thanks to @gergerger @Beezer215 @norms and all the other members who graciously share their knowledge.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qv1b21pslcgudk1/chevrolet_corvair_stinger.zip/file

Changelog (of what I can remember):
  • Wheels/tires swapped and re-sized, additional tire types added
  • engine swap to match 240 naturally aspirated power of the Stage Four version
  • weight reduced to SCCA class minimum
  • final gear ratios changed to match Yenko options
  • all headlights yellowed
  • exhaust flames added
  • seven liveries
  • ac crew 👍 gergerger and livery related helmets
  • final gear ratios changed to Yenko Stinger spec
  • FFM adjusted
  • brake torque changed
  • brake bias adjusted

In the next update I'll add additional LODs, additional chassis tuning options, perhaps add a black interior version and address any issues found here by the community. I recommend enabling the crew in CM Showroom view to check out some of gergerger's work. Enjoy!
View attachment 918928 View attachment 918929
Superb!
Can't wait to try it!

@TealYellowOwl

@GIBBONS

@Alis_70

Thank for your input. Will see how I decide. For me a quality mod is more important than quantity. Rather have 50 excellent mods, than 600 mediocore, which let's face it, mods od Assettoland with few exceptions are. I gladly paid for a single RSS f1 car, even though I could get 15 Simdream for same price, also gladly paid for urd or vrc mods, even though there a free alternatives on assettoland and elsewhere. And it's not only what you get for your money, but also to support quality work and that is why I also donated to few developers for free mods. You can not always look in euro per item.

But i do agree 15 is a lot for 3 cars, that is RSS or URD pricing, and I seriously doubt his cars are of that quality. And that's why i probably won't be getting the pack, but I see now that he sells omega as a standalone car, so when other will be released, its gonna be the same I guess. And might just get the Audi when it's released. I really like that car and sometimes when we want something, we are willing to overpay. Thanks for input everybody.

Greetings!

I have an online server up and running in AC but I am facing a small issue. I am hosting a 20 min Practice / 15 min Qual / 5 laps Race session with modded car and track (through CM).

If i start a testing RACE on my server (with only 1 car driver: who is me), when red start lights go off, i immediately cycle back to practice mode.

Is this a bug or is this normal because i m trying to race alone?

Any thoughts on this?

Assettoland Crew members... the Shadow DN1 that you put out is a sweet ride and nicely detailed - great work.
Only one request please...can you please fix the mirrors? Left side mirror belongs on the right and right side mirror belongs on the left. Then please post it here. I can't get into your direct site.
Please?

I paid for his F40LM and Opel Omega and I think he make amazing mods (his F40LM is much better than the version you can download on assettoland for example).
Opel Omega is also excellent, i'm also waiting for Audi V8 dtm and mustang Dtm.
Excellent 3d, textures, physics, sounds are pretty good, skins etc ...
Yes it's maybe expensive but I think this is worth the money spent.
For example DRM mod is 15€ for 10 cars, I also paid for it, it's a good mod but quality is not at the same level than tommy78 mods ...

Edit: Bought F40LM and DTM Opel Omega. I prefer F40 competizione edited by BetoFR from Assettoland with sounds from RD. Tommy78's overall car proportion seem's off compared to Beto's and the engine cover is not transparent, and that's because it doesn't have engine 3D model on it. The dash is more developed on Tommy78's though. Physics and FFB seem the same on both version. The Opel is not what I'm expected.

Last edited:
I can run a race alone no problem on my server.

Only if i run with:

loop mode=ticked
join type=open

the server will let me race. If i disable loop mode , it will let me run but when i start to race i get a "connection issue - the server seems to be unavailable" :(

Last edited:
Sorry to ask, don't know what happen, but my lotus 98t sound do not work anymore, cannot understand why, never touch it, no sound mod, no change sound car in CM, nothing, but the fact is that it do not work anymore...
So i don't got any backup for it...
If a generous soul could share the original file with me, i will be gratefull to him!
It's my favourite sound for F1 car :/

Only if i run with:

loop mode=ticked
join type=open

the server will let me race. If i disable loop mode , it will let me run but when i start to race i get a "connection issue - the server seems to be unavailable" :(
Not sure on that one. I’ll check mine again but will be a little while yet.

Sorry to ask, don't know what happen, but my lotus 98t sound do not work anymore, cannot understand why, never touch it, no sound mod, no change sound car in CM, nothing, but the fact is that it do not work anymore...
So i don't got any backup for it...
If a generous soul could share the original file with me, i will be gratefull to him!
It's my favourite sound for F1 car :/

Here's the file: https://mega.nz/file/VA8xHIxY#91Dr00Z-DJGZWd1g3aKTd4v_OZv_ubimyRX2K34G2bg

I'll remove it once you got it downloaded.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back