Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

  • Thread starter Thread starter daan
  • 157,789 comments
  • 52,036,058 views
I've done two wheel physics and it does work, but it can't be used as the force feedback would need to be coded differently and we would all need very strong and latency free force feedback handlebars to control it.
To turn a bike left you push on the left handlebar, initially this turns right but as the force builds up this goes back to the left and your angle of turn is determined buy how much force you are applying to the handle bars.
This is not a linear relationship and that force varies with speed and all the other dynamics on a bike and indeed can reverse.

A bike is required to lean to turn but you DO NOT lean a bike to turn.
Body weight is moved on a bike to alter the CoG but predominately it is to make sure you are in the right position to maintain those forces on the handlebars.
You DO NOT lean/hang down off a bike, you lean/hang out perpendicular to the bike, which happens to be down as the bike is leaning.
 
Bit of a weird request but does anyone have the data.acd / data folder for the rollovers_nissan_dpi ? Had that mod on my computer for as long as I can remember and mistakenly deleted the data folder a while ago (can't quite remember when; though...).

I'll add the OG Laguna Seca files (ai/data) if it's not too much to ask- installed the Reverse Layouts and the modder didn't mention anything about creating a specific folder for reverse LS so it overwrote KS' Laguna Seca and it's pure *****. Thanks mate.

No one ? Alright. I'll go ***** myself then.
 
Just asking if there is anything like this for Assetto anywhere ?
Afla Romeo GTV6
bond-amaroo-85_med_hr.jpeg
 
+1 on this. For what it's worth, I took really sensitive data from real GT4 mustang teams about their setups and implemented them in game. Could I have encrypted the car? Sure. But that goes against my principles for modding. This is a community and if we're developing mods for free, let everything be free. People will know where to get the proper updates from, or hell, you might even get people that come along and make the mod even better. In my case, I took GzeroD's GT4, gave it my physics data, he updated a bunch of stuff for me after, and then Norms took notice and made it look even better. THAT is what the modding community is about imo. I won't download encrypted mods anymore for this reason, not even guerilla's stuff, which, I kind of expect them to rip my physics data at some point for their own GT4 at some point. But that's fine, I still prefer GzeroD's 3d model since it doesn't have the big 'ol number plate blocking my view in the windscreen :D
:lol::lol::lol:brilliant
 
Basic rules are for example, to not edit the car 3d model, to not edit the shaders or configs, to not rehost it on websites where the author doesn't want the car to be posted, to not edit the mod and then release without asking the authors permission first, if a official link for sharing the mod is provided by the authors you shouldn't just host it somewhere and make a new link to share, if the authors are still improving the mod you should report any issue or possible improvement to them instead of making your own "improved" version and release it because then some people will have one version of the car and some will have another one.
These requirements sound strange and funny even if we are only talking about a mod platform. Since this is precisely the point of modding - the ability to change what you want. Some people come to AC in order to make their versions of mods, and another part - in order to use them. And then someone appears who says "I forbid you to do what you are here for. I can use the 3D model from Forza, but you can’t use the 3D model from my mod" Lol :)
Why???
And it becomes stupid and arrogant.

You come to a community that already has some rules of relationships. So accept them, and do not try to remake for your own vanity.
 
Last edited:
I am recently enjoying the Kunos Porsche 911 GTR3 cup cars. Does anyone know if there is any real life skin pack around?
 
Encrypt the mods is stupid. I want edit to optimise them. Most of the mods are crap and need a whole overhaul. Can't believe the modder are this arrogant and think they are doing their work right or think the work they have done is correct. It needs to be optimised and reworked, that it has the quality it needs. It is a mod, mods are for the community and the community knows what's right and what we need. That's it.
 
No need to be so ****ty. You can't expect everyone to jump to attention at the click of your fingers. But because I'm in a helpful mood...

This is the entire Rollovers Endurance IMSA pack. You may find the data file you're after in here:
https://sharemods.com/vnllkgarf761/American_Endurance_Pack_IMSA_9in1_for_AC_1.16.rar.html

Some unknown ned asks for a paid mod / another mod and gets shot down almost instantly but I ask for something legit and get ignored. Aye. Sound that.
Anyway. Cheers mate. Suppose I have to run an integrity check to get the Laguna Seca data back ? Afraid that it'll **** either SOL / CSP or both at the same time.
 
Some unknown ned asks for a paid mod / another mod and gets shot down almost instantly but I ask for something legit and get ignored. Aye. Sound that.
Anyway. Cheers mate. Suppose I have to run an integrity check to get the Laguna Seca data back ? Afraid that it'll **** either SOL / CSP or both at the same time.
Hey mate. I attached them.
 

Attachments

Some unknown ned asks for a paid mod / another mod and gets shot down almost instantly but I ask for something legit and get ignored. Aye. Sound that.
Anyway. Cheers mate. Suppose I have to run an integrity check to get the Laguna Seca data back ? Afraid that it'll **** either SOL / CSP or both at the same time.

Well, since a lot of the world was sleeping in the time since you posted your request, it's not entirely surprising. Anyway, portakal has come to your rescue, so now you can practice being happy again. :)
 
I wonder if the encryption brigade have ever considered just releasing a genuinely good mod, you know one that doesn't have myriad issues and therefore doesn't need to be fixed by others. It's funny how you rarely seem to see people trying to re-release or edit mods by A3dr, Fat Alfie, Aphidgod etc.

Anyway, as Legion and others already said, there's genuinely no defence for encryption whatsoever, it's the height of hypocrisy. The moment you steal a model from another game/individual, you lose all rights to complain when someone does the same to you. This community only thrives through sharing of models, data, guides and the like, selfishness and ego only serves to degrade it.

Also, for those with encrypted content, I'm interested to see how you'll feel about it in 6/12/18 months time if/when a new CSP/SOL update causes your favourite car to stop working, then you go begging to the original author to update it only to find they've moved on to something else.
 
Well, since a lot of the world was sleeping in the time since you posted your request, it's not entirely surprising. Anyway, portakal has come to your rescue, so now you can practice being happy again. :)
Attitude is (almost) everything. Especially when asking for favours. If you didn't get help/ignored just ask again politely in my opinion.
Still, I'm in favour of de-escalation when possible. We get some amount of flaming posts. I'd like to keep it to minimal.
 
Attitude is (almost) everything. Especially when asking for favours. If you didn't get help/ignored just ask again politely in my opinion.
Still, I'm in favour of de-escalation when possible. We get some amount of flaming posts. I'd like to keep it to minimal.

Totally agree with you portakal – and especially about the "attitude is everything" bit. I'm constantly amazed by how little effort some people put into being just reasonable and pleasant when asking for other people to do things for them. And it really isn't that hard.

:cheers:
 
I wonder if the encryption brigade have ever considered just releasing a genuinely good mod, you know one that doesn't have myriad issues and therefore doesn't need to be fixed by others. It's funny how you rarely seem to see people trying to re-release or edit mods by A3dr, Fat Alfie, Aphidgod etc.

Anyway, as Legion and others already said, there's genuinely no defence for encryption whatsoever, it's the height of hypocrisy. The moment you steal a model from another game/individual, you lose all rights to complain when someone does the same to you. This community only thrives through sharing of models, data, guides and the like, selfishness and ego only serves to degrade it.

Also, for those with encrypted content, I'm interested to see how you'll feel about it in 6/12/18 months time if/when a new CSP/SOL update causes your favourite car to stop working, then you go begging to the original author to update it only to find they've moved on to something else.

Agree. What they think? They are the modding experts?
Converting models, reworking them, adding new 3d parts, optimise them and then they think they have done a work that need to be protected, because nobody is allowed to continue using their little effort, already seems arrogant.
 
I forget at this moment who it was who posted the link for the 1986 F1 mod, but I just want to say "thank you."
It's not perfect, but it's more than good enough for me to have tremendous nostalgia-filled fun, driving it, especially on the 1988 mod tracks.

 
Last edited:
I am recently enjoying the Kunos Porsche 911 GTR3 cup cars. Does anyone know if there is any real life skin pack around?
If I remind well, on RD there is all the asian cars's skins.
All of them
 
Totally agree with you portakal – and especially about the "attitude is everything" bit. I'm constantly amazed by how little effort some people put into being just reasonable and pleasant when asking for other people to do things for them. And it really isn't that hard.

:cheers:

Yeah yeah grumpy morning. Sorry lad. And thanks portakal.
 
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back