Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,494 comments
Finally got CM Showroom working on my old laptop (funnily enough it was missing DirectX) and I have developed a new aesthetic for my CM compared to the old black background/black reflective previews/red UI theme. Totally didn't take any inspiration from a couple pages ago whaaat.

cmscreenshot.png

What do you guys think of this? Does it look too much like a Wikipedia article? Does it look clean?

Finally got CM Showroom working on my old laptop (funnily enough it was missing DirectX) and I have developed a new aesthetic for my CM compared to the old black background/black reflective previews/red UI theme. Totally didn't take any inspiration from a couple pages ago whaaat.

View attachment 924982

What do you guys think of this? Does it look too much like a Wikipedia article? Does it look clean?
I tried something like this a while back but my eyes start to hurt if I look at strong whites later in the day. It looks really clean though.

Hahahah i tough i was the only who did that! I had to upload a track and post irrelevant things to get Inje

Indeed, still it was more productive than my flirtations with Baidu on a particularly desperate day, still think I probably have PC herpes as a result of that expedition... :lol:

I tried something like this a while back but my eyes start to hurt if I look at strong whites later in the day. It looks really clean though.

That's something CM should add, a switch for CM to toggle between two themes of your choosing depending on the day, so for most of the day I can use the white theme, but then after 8 or 9 pm it would switch to a dark theme. I can just do that myself pretty easily by going into the options but it would be nice.

Also at night I usually keep the lights on, so I don't find the white to be as much of a problem when the room itself is bright.

View attachment 924982

Love that!

How did you do that? I’m new to CM

Missed you, sorry. If you go into Settings > Content Manager > Appearance you can fiddle around with the theme to your heart's content. Also for updating previews you do that using the bottom bar in the Content tab.

Great, another track that causes black screen in my Rift.

No way, really? I've just downloaded it. I'll see if it blows up on my end.
Masscot, do all the tracks that have been blowing you up, do they all have cameras_1.ini?

I understand that you want to catch a hype on this topic, but you will not succeed. You can not compare a real ride in a race car with a simulator. On a real track, there is one very important and irreplaceable feeling - this is your ass! Alas, the simulator will not repeat this, at least for sure. And yet, someone who drove real cars can understand what is real in the simulator and what reminds or perverts these feelings. If in doubt, grab an earlier version of Sean Clark and compare it with today. Information from the riders greatly changed his mod.

be cool

4073126_620x310_r.jpg

Is there an track boundary fix for Donington Park 2018? https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/donington-park.3031/

I'm doing a "benchmarking" project in between working at home and i just noticed you can cut however much you want on this version

I see the following in an included README from a revision made in version 2.0.

"Made penalties more consistent with Kunos tracks. No penalties for running onto grass, but added specific 'no-cut' areas at the chicane and apexes of certain corners"

The mesh names of the specific "cut" areas are apparent when reviewing the surfaces.ini file.

Last edited:
It appears that a few of the accounts that frequent this specific thread are owned by the same person or persons. Utter madness. I would have thought people would have better things to be doing with their time than making sockpuppet accounts on a forum.

Its more likely because these modders are teams, I imagine they keep eyes on the internet and this place would be high on that list to keep an eye on.
So you will find a few people pop in at the same time saying similar stuff, then leave till the next time.
That would be my guess.

Regards Shaun and Guerrilla mods, as far as i am concerned Shaun doesn't charge for his mods so nothing would worry me in the slightest whatever they come here and say...

Having said that, I love the GT4 mod they have done and the commitment they put in. I still think they are one of the good guys, just a lot of 'beef' around modding teams.

Its more likely because these modders are teams, I imagine they keep eyes on the internet and this place would be high on that list to keep an eye on.
So you will find a few people pop in at the same time saying similar stuff, then leave till the next time.
That would be my guess.

Regards Shaun and Guerrilla mods, as far as i am concerned Shaun doesn't charge for his mods so nothing would worry me in the slightest whatever they come here and say...

Having said that, I love the GT4 mod they have done and the commitment they put in. I still think they are one of the good guys, just a lot of 'beef' around modding teams.
The only thing I will comment on this is, you are spot on with my mods, I don't and never have/would charge for them. It's always been a free service with me and it's an evening hobby and fun, which I enjoy. it's not a business. I just used WIX as it was free :)

Well it seems like the car I have been asking for, for years and years, just as modding kicked started in AC is now out there somewhere.

It's real grass roots, UK racing (was included in the TOCA Games as a support package)

Looking at the video, it does seem a little grippy, but it looks really nice, although hard to tell with just relpy cams.

Anybody else seen this?

Well it seems like the car I have been asking for, for years and years, just as modding kicked started in AC is now out there somewhere.

It's real grass roots, UK racing (was included in the TOCA Games as a support package)

Looking at the video, it does seem a little grippy, but it looks really nice, although hard to tell with just relpy cams.

Anybody else seen this?

I haven't seen it until just now. After often enjoying this in GTR2, I've really wanted an updated version of this for Assetto Corsa. I'd like to try their version out if it will be available, but if they're expecting 1,500 subscribers before releasing it... you probably have some time. I'd really prefer a version from you, developed with the same passion and commitment you put into the Radical SR3 Mod.

I'd also love it if you could produce a Light Car Company Rocket, like I posted about a few weeks ago. The only problem, the manual retractable headlights would have to be automatic in Assetto Corsa, as having an animation of the driver getting out to lift them would be ridiculous.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1117#post-13096023

View attachment 924982

How do you achieve that view with one car on the left and others in category on the right? When I search I just see a text list of cars on the left with one selected car highlighted on the right...

How do you achieve that view with one car on the left and others in category on the right? When I search I just see a text list of cars on the left with one selected car highlighted on the right...

Between the list and highlighted car there should be a point on that window where you can grab the dividing line and slide it left or right to make either side of the window bigger or smaller. If you make the right side big enough, the previews will be visible instead of just their names.

Just comb the window with your mouse until it turns from the normal mouse icon into two small arrows pointing opposite from each other. That's when you can left-click and drag the divider.

Anybody else seen this?

Holy ****. now that's part of my childhood right there.

Those goddamn cars in Toca Race Driver 2 were so frustrating to drive back when I played it as a child, either I spun out very easly while turning or lost all 4 tyres once I collided with another Formula Ford tyre-to-tire, losing so many times in extreme-ass anger honestly. Ahh, those were the good ol' days...

But now I'm so glad to finally see them in AC, but why the hell would that modder release them after his channel will reach 1500 subscribers? Might visit his Discord server and ask him about that hopefully.

Last edited:

Anybody else seen this?

So if this guy gets 1500 subscribers on the yootoobs, then he releases a car. Oh boy, here we go again. lol

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back