Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,495 comments
I agree. BTCC is the best for me aswell (but not all of the cars). I like the Maki and Delpinsky 3.0 as well, and then come the rest 5 or 6 packs from Rollovers and CIRaceonline for me. There is car here and there in those packs that is a nice drive (Honda from TCR V2 from Rollovers for example), but for the most part, they all drive quite similar, so it's like having 15+ versions of the same car. For variety i like to drive around in CIRaceonline's WTCC 2006,2007 cars. They drive similarly to modern ones, but at least look different. And i also think that the 2.0 version of ERL Copa Marcas are not bad at all. But in general like the older 80s, 90s and even 70s TC cars much more than the modern ones.

I still didn't hear from nobody how the Tommy78 ones drive compared to others. I bought the 1991 DTM Opel Omega from him and must admit it is a very nicely done car. It is seen from far away it's not a copy/paste job like a lot of mods today.

Hi Alesi,
I actually own the Tommy TCR cars. They are certainly good cars, very good quality, very good 3D models (it would appear that they are uniquely different to other TCR cars, but you have to have eagle eyes to notice these differences). Nice touch is that they all have working position displays, so you can actually see the position numbers change during a race when passing someone, kinda unique, I think. But this feature doesn't seem to work when viewing a replay (according to Tommy, an AC limitation). Most importantly, in terms of driving, what can I say, they are great to drive, lots of fun, but I can't tell you that they drive any better than the existing available free options. What I do appreciate from Tommy, is that if someone has a question or query about his products, he will always answer in a matter of minutes. I also own his TCR cars for RF2, and they are quite unique there as well, offering endurance (endurance lights, 4 way adjustable ALB, etc) and standard package options. These options are not available in his AC TCR package (yet another AC limitation).

Hope this helps...
MH

I cannot agree with your statement, but I can say that, to me, no other SIM come close to AC in filling ( virtually) all my SIM driving fantasy.
I have, (and still do but less and less) driven all other SIM. in the past I have preferred other SIM for different aspect, like for example, I thought PCars2 had better graphic in VR, or night driving, but now with the latest development with CSP and Sol, no other SIM looks "better" to me in VR.
Sometime I would drive an other title because it had content AC did not have or had a bad version, but this is less and less true as well. AC has everything I ever wish to drive and with the frantic modding activity both with new and reboot mods, the content has reached an incredible level of accuracy and quality.
I totally understand if some one prefer an other title, or even just like the variety, but for me, more and more, it is getting increasingly difficult to indulge in anything else but AC. one exception is ACC, as they do GT3 to an other level, that AC cannot match ( yet).

One factor that helps me wanting to stick to AC is also that switching between titles highlights how they are all "fake". to me AC is the closest to real driving but still miles away, even with my "modded" CSR Elite, VR and tactile. Sticking to one title helps me with the immersion since it does not feel "weird" when I start, actually feels natural.

So, it is not like it can only be one, because their is a lot of great options out there, but AC is getting to be such a mammoth of a SIM, getting better and better at warp speed, that all other, for now, are just like "meh" to me.

Thank you to all modders out there for making AC such a fantastic SIM for all of us to enjoy. Long live AC.

Could you not of PM'd him this?

hey shaun!

awesome to see you found a new family here after ripping off all those guys who done the work for you in past xD the message about your corona infection and how it changed your mind... 'we do what we do and you do what you do...' and now you're continuing as before? searching new victims to create content for you to push your own business?? really???

your radical was made for rich if i'm not mistaken... he paid you to get the mod done.... he has driven the radical several times his self irl.... you claimed your old physics as perfect even when he tried to give you detailed feedback... and you never finished your paid job but tried to talk **** behind our back about us... and now you're telling us you reinvented the wheel with feedback from real drivers? sounds a bit strange to me to be honest...

to prove my sentences... contact rich hayden from VRRC in GB and ask him or just download 'shauns' mini cooper... first skin is a replica of my real life company car ;) Werbung und Reklameservice Krüger for life... lol sound made by me.. shaders made by me... texture work/skins... made by me... reworked body, carbon parts, details made by me... the base car came from luca if i'm not mistaken? can you find any credits or something?? ofc not... xD

'our' project started as one of many but ended like no other XD

there are reasons why so many comunitys kicked you out in past btw XD

so guys be warned... it's may not as shiny as it looks when someone just tells you stories ;P

Well this is all fun today isn't it :lol:

hey shaun!

awesome to see you found a new family here after ripping off all those guys who done the work for you in past xD the message about your corona infection and how it changed your mind... 'we do what we do and you do what you do...' and now you're continuing as before? searching new victims to create content for you to push your own business?? really???

your radical was made for rich if i'm not mistaken... he paid you to get the mod done.... he has driven the radical several times his self irl.... you claimed your old physics as perfect even when he tried to give you detailed feedback... and you never finished your paid job but tried to talk **** behind our back about us... and now you're telling us you reinvented the wheel with feedback from real drivers? sounds a bit strange to me to be honest...

to prove my sentences... contact rich hayden from VRRC in GB and ask him or just download 'shauns' mini cooper... first skin is a replica of my real life company car ;) Werbung und Reklameservice Krüger for life... lol sound made by me.. shaders made by me... texture work/skins... made by me... reworked body, carbon parts, details made by me... the base car came from luca if i'm not mistaken? can you find any credits or something?? ofc not... xD

so guys be warned... it's may not as shiny as it looks when someone just tells you stories ;P

:scared:

Mapping is a bit weird on the Radical so this isn't perfect but here's the Gulf skin at last :D

https://mega.nz/file/zLwnhRSI#vhHriD2NPPwqEOYCO2kU51OjrjKtCXOo4mFBcPAkDT4

Oh and I made a new preset in the showroom and to me the colours are much more accurate now.

Shameless pic showing off again (sorry!!)

__custom_showroom_1590680925.jpg

4.5 & 5 Star track list as requested. Please note this is my personal preference, it also takes into account how much I like the layout, you may well find tracks that you love aren't in this. If a track you made isn't in this it doesn't necessarily mean I think it isn't well made, it may just be that it's not my favourite type of layout or that I haven't yet had a chance to rework the AI (a lot of my tracks are underrated due to average/poor ai until I improve it). Almost everything was got from Racedepartment, F1 Classic Forum, Toms-sim-side and here, some of them are also pay mods. The list is going to be long, some stuff will be abbreviated.

4.5:
- 1) Algarve - 2) Alisas Hillclimb - 3) Anglesy - 4) A. Most - 5) A. Ciudad de Concordia - 6) A. di Franciacorta - 7) A. Hermanos Rodr. 1967 - 8) Autopolis Oita - 9) Aviano - 10) Avus Street - 11) Baku - 12) Barbagallo - 13) Baskerville - 14) Bilster Berg - 15) Borgloh Hillclimb - 16) Botniaring - 17) Callajero de Buenos Aires - 18) Canadian Tyre Mot. Park - 19) Castle Combe - 20) C. de la Sarthe 1967 - 21) C. de Ledenon - 22) C. de Pau-Ville - 23) C. Gilles Villeneuve - 24) C. Gilles Villeneuve 1988 - 25) C. Mas Du Clos - 26) C. Ricardo Tormo - 27) C. Panama - 28) Col de Turini PRG - 29) Coppa Carotti - 30) Daytona - 31) Detroit Belle Isle - 32) Dijon Prenois - 33) Eastern Creek - 34) Ebisu Higashi - 35) Enna Pergusa - 36) Ermita de Sant Antoni - 37) Ermita de Sant Antoni Rev. - 38) Eschdorf - 39) Estoril - 40) Estoril 1988 - 41) Everland Speedway - 42) Fuji 1968 - 43) Fuji 2018 - 44) Fujimi Kaido - 45) Glen Coe - 46) Glendale - 47) Golf Course - 48) Goteborg City - 49) Grand Valley Speedway - 50) Grobnik - 51) Guangdong Int. - 52) Hakone Ohiradai - 53) Haruna Mountain Pass - 54) Hidden Valley - 55) High Force - 56) Hochkar - 57) Ibarra - 58) Imola 1972 - 59) Iroha Descent - 60) Jacarepagua - 61) Joux Plane - 62) Jyllands-Ringen - 63) Kazan Ring - 64) Kicevo Military - 65) Loser - 66) Magny Cours - 67) Majura Valley - 68) Mallala Mot. Park - 69) Mantorp Park - 70) Maple Valley - 71) Modena - 72) Montdoreac - 73) Moya Hillclimb - 74) Mt. Akina - 75) Norisring - 76) Oberhallau - 77) Paul Ricard 1988 - 78) Pikes Peak Hillclimb - 79) Pinewood GP - 80) Porto Piana - 81) Pudsey Street - 82) Queensland Raceway - 83) Rechberg - 84) Rivijera - 85) Road Atlanta - 86) Salzburgring - 87) Sandown Raceway - 88) Shanghai Tianma - 89) Showtime - 90) Slovakia Ring - 91) Snetterton - 92) Sonoma - 93) St. Ursanne - 94) Summit Point - 95) Symmons Plains - 96) Taplitzalm - 97) Toscana - 98) Trier - 99) Usce Beograd - 100) Walzenhausen - 101) Willow Springs Big Willow - 102) Zhuhai Int.

5:
- 1) Adelaide GP - 2) Ahvenisto - 3) Albert Park - 4) Alto Tajo - 5) Aosta - 6) Atlanta Mot. Park - 7) Auto24ring - 8) A. Hermanos Rodriguez - 9) Autosport Speedway - 10) Bahrain - 11) Barcelona - 12) Barcelona Street Circuit - 13) Bikernieki - 14) Black Cat County - 15) Blackwood GP - 16) Brands Hatch - 17) Brasov - 18) Bridgehampton - 19) Brno Autodrome - 20) Buddh Int. - 21) Bugatti Circuit - 22) Buzetski Dani - 23) Cadwell Park - 24) Calabogie Mot. Park - 25) Chang Int. - 26) Charade - 27) C. de la Sarthe - 28) COTA - 29) C. Paul Armagnac - 30) Coldes Rally Stage - 31) Coste - 32) Croft - 33) Deutschlandring - 34) Donington Park - 35) Donington Park 1938 - 36) Drag - 37) Dubai Int. - 38) Feldbergring - 39) Fonteny - 40) Forli Ring - 41) Glasbach - 42) Glava Zete - 43) Goodwood Circuit - 44) Goodwood Hillclimb - 45) Great Wall - 46) Hampton Downs Mot. Park - 47) Highlands - 48) Hockenheim 1988 - 49) Hockenheim Modern - 50) Hope Racetrack - 51) Hungaroring - 52) Imola - 53) Imola 1988 - 54) Interlagos - 55) Iroha - 56) Istanbul Park - 57) Jerez GP - 58) Kemora - 59) Knockhill - 60) Korea Int. - 61) Korea Int. Short - 62) Krajiska Zmija - 63) Kyalami - 64) La Mussara - 65) LAC - 66) Laguna Seca - 67) Lausitzring - 68) Lime Rock Park - 69) Luccaring - 70) Macau Guia - 71) Magione - 72) Marina Bay Street Circuit - 73) Miami Bayside - 74) Mid Ohio - 75) Mills Mot. Park - 76) Monza - 77) Monza 1966 - 78) Mount Panorama - 79) Mountain Route - 80) Mugello - 81) Muracciole Vezzani - 82) New Jersey Mot. Park - 83) NOLA Mot. Park - 84) Nordschleiffe - 85) Nurburgring - 86) Nurburgring 1967 - 87) Okayama - 88) Oschersleben - 89) Oulton Park - 90) Pacific Coast Highway - 91) Portland Int. - 92) Provence Alps - 93) Putnam Park - 94) Red Bull Ring - 95) Riverside - 96) Road America - 97) Rollercoaster Race Circuit - 98) Sepang Int. - 99) Shanghai Int. - 100) Shuto Expressway C1 - 101) Silverstone - 102) Silverstone 1967 - 103) Sochi Autodrom - 104) Spa - 105) Suzuka - 106) Sveg Raceway - 107) Targa Florio - 108) Test Pad - 109) Transfagarasan - 110) Trento Bondone - 111) TT Circuit Assen - 112) Usui Pass - 113) Valencia Street Circuit - 114) Vallelunga - 115) VIR - 116) Wakefield Park - 117) Watkins Glen - 118) Yas Marina - 119) Zandvoort - 120) Zandvoort 1960s - 121) Zolder

Glad to see Forli Ring in the 5 stars list, it's 1 of my love track as well given it can run 80+ of cars and layout is fun and night mode looks great as well.

Glad to see Forli Ring in the 5 stars list, it's 1 of my love track as well given it can run 80+ of cars and layout is fun and night mode looks great as well.

Don, I could not find the Forli track anywhere. Would you mind posting it? I think that is the only track from Gibbons list I don't have, I think.

This place is very inclusive & friendly. However, I don't think this is the place for people like you, it doesn't really seem like your type of crowd does it.
Oh, damn. That's sad. Then i go back to work on the GT4 cars and do some skins for the next release.:D

Does anyone on this forum happen to know where I could get something like this from? I have spent months searching, but I'm unable to find anything.

It seems that these are private, for some reason. Has anything similar been converted from rFactor's Rallyworld 4.0 or from Richard Burns Rally?

Thanks.

Oh for goodness sake...will people please lighten the hell up. If I want drama I go to Discord and read how someone should go and die in a forest because they are using a mod that is not (in their eyes) perfect.

Is it a full moon or something??

Anyways will everyone getting arsey today please just

tenor.gif

jo

hi Teddie,

Here it is, hope u enjoy this track !!

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/forlì-ring.12982/

Holy crap, brother. I swear I googled the hell out of this. I'm on RD all the time. I wonder if it is because of the funky letter 'i'. Anyway, thanks much, my friend.

[EDIT] lol, as a matter of fact, I've actually downloaded this already. I must have put it in my "Waiting to Install into AC" folder.

Np my friend, to show u what it really looks when 83 cars running , here it goes !!

Wow, I just had a few laps on it. Beautiful track and nice and flow'y.

Re: Gibbons tracklist: I've never seen Everland Speedway for Assetto before. Is this a paymod?

Hmm, me either. I can't find it. I think they were using the AC track in a kiosk at the actual track in Korea? Would love to get a hold of this one.

Is anyone here a member of the two Assetto Corsa mod groups on VK called ''assettoworld'' and ''csrinruassettocorsa''.

I've been on there before. I haven't been in forever. I don't understand the format.

hey shaun!

Finally, someone who calls out Shaun Clarke on his ********. The same guy who totally didn't rip the Project CARS Ginetta GT3 for his and the same guy who refused help from Gary Paterson cause his work was too good for someone who makes some of the best mods in AC and does model work for RSS and Kunos. The same guy who doesn't really provide accurate physics from data just rough guesses from "driver feedback"

This argument is broken from the very beginning, when someone is leveraging the model from another game without having the slightest preocupation on getting any sort of permission or authorization.

... to not edit the mod and then release without asking the authors permission first, ...
You want to edit it? Good, make your own version, but not using someone else's mod but starting from the model since it was just ripped

Because he is on here, so ask him yourself.
It's a shame that some take such a cynical attitude. I had the pleasure (twice) of diving a Radical SR3 (2005 tracksport iteration - Friend had the roadkit as the optional extra) at Castle Combe trackdays back in 2008 so admittedly it was not a current version but still a thrilling drive all the same.

My background is in racing motorcycles, 2 strokes through the 1970s before having a major accident in 79 )lost my nerve from then on & moved towards cars as a safer option... Have had the pleasure of many UK tracks.

Jumping in any car you know when it 'just right'.... that you never lose.... I turned sixty last Nov.... God, would I love to own the new Radical.... I wish.

Hi Alesi,
I actually own the Tommy TCR cars. They are certainly good cars, very good quality, very good 3D models (it would appear that they are uniquely different to other TCR cars, but you have to have eagle eyes to notice these differences). Nice touch is that they all have working position displays, so you can actually see the position numbers change during a race when passing someone, kinda unique, I think. But this feature doesn't seem to work when viewing a replay (according to Tommy, an AC limitation). Most importantly, in terms of driving, what can I say, they are great to drive, lots of fun, but I can't tell you that they drive any better than the existing available free options. What I do appreciate from Tommy, is that if someone has a question or query about his products, he will always answer in a matter of minutes. I also own his TCR cars for RF2, and they are quite unique there as well, offering endurance (endurance lights, 4 way adjustable ALB, etc) and standard package options. These options are not available in his AC TCR package (yet another AC limitation).

Hope this helps...
MH
Thanks for this info. Really appriciate it.

Sorry to ask again, but do we have a better AI for Monza 66 Full Course? Driving through the Oval seems ok, but the AI likes to crash on the road course.
Many thx in advance!

Okay, this one doesn't have that ugly over saturated colors anymore. For sure a lot better. But boooooring....I can't feel any curbs....

But there is another version around with much, much better road mesh. I think it is a conversion of rfactor Virtua_LM midohio.
Curbs are as they should be, textures are good, great flow. But unfortunately that Virtua-LM version has bad lightnig / weird colors (grass) and the fps is sooo bad. :(:(
Folder is midohio, not mid_ohio. You can find it on https://assettocorsa.club/mods/tracks/.
If only someone could improve that one...:bowdown:
OMG, i'm shocked. How did i not know of this tracks existence?! This is excellent. I so love mid ohio but have always felt, this would look amazing as a Vintage track. And this already exists?! Excelent road mesh, beatiful vintage feel, just love it. Now it sure needs work. The grass needs updating, there are some glitches in the trees, ai has problems starting the race and more cameras are needed. But all in all this is not far away from being an excellent track.

Now if only we knew people who like fixing vintage tracks, do excellent skins, fix ai and ad cameras? Wonder where i could find a group of people like that. Any ideas? :lol::lol::lol:

Well here you go chaps

RADICAL SR3 V1.4

This version has been updated with the help of Radical driver @Kevin Burke using his real AIM data and AIM data he took from the mod. I have listened to all his comments and suggestions and all the back and forth of making changes and finally getting his thumbs up.

https://shaunclarke35.wixsite.com/website?fbclid=IwAR3sXc55T2OL76hR_mxkXdHNY_7XPn21Cn3Kn0Y1XaxJVysDGN9gnQgHLF

Hope you all enjoy

Regards

Shaun

Thanks @Shaun Clarke for the update. This is an excellent example of how a car, especially a Radical, can be pushed right to the edge of grip, or past the point of grip to snap it back. You can even "goon around" with the car and bring it back very realistically. The Radical club at my local track will be very interested in trying this out on their simulator (they actually had a Radical body for the simulator last time I was there). Now I need to finish the virtual version of the track where the club is located.

A new "thank you" video of some laps in the new Radical at Bilsterberg.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back