Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,506 comments
Looks amazing! I followed your lead and installed SOL 1.61a4 + CSP 0.1.6.
For me the rain on the windshield is still flickering and buggy. What was your fix for that?

You need to update weather config + sol config. Here is the link:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../721636742192431104/sol_weath9.92_cfg0.87.rar

Copy both files into ...\apps\python overwriting the current ones. Peter has not included the latest weather config in his alpha4 so it is still the old one which causes that flickering.

I think you meant to quote me in that ;)
Unfortunately even if they were interested, I'm not sure that I would bother with it after others have pointed out how the mapping on those car models look like an absolute headache to work with.
Yes, I meant to quote you. Sorry. That's to bad, as the cars get better and better fro driving with updates (not all of course, but this is still beta and I have a feeling these will turn out great in the end). The Brock Torana and Group 5 Commodore are already brilliant around Bathurst and other Australian tracks. Sadly the developer himself said that graphics are not his strong suite and would benefit greatly from a good graphic modder. Oh well, let's hope he partners up with someone in the end. It is really a unique part of racing history, that can not be found in any other sim and would deserve an all round quality mod pack.

These cars and the excellent new V8scorsa pack have made me run Bathurst like crazy in the last days. Actually manage to get several clean laps even in traffic now. Such an amazing track. When we are on the subject, does anybody know if the Fm7 bathurst has ever been moded to add a layout without the "Cheese", like it was before 1987? I have a vintage Bathurst, but that one is just bad quality all around. Surprised it hasn't been done before, as it doesn't require much work in my opinion, just eliminating a chichane. Maybe @GzeroD? This would be something up your alley.

Last edited:
You need to update weather config + sol config. Here is the link:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme.../721636742192431104/sol_weath9.92_cfg0.87.rar

Copy both files into ...\apps\python overwriting the current ones. Peter has not included the latest weather config in his alpha4 so it is still the old one which causes that flickering.
This is (also) helpful! I was playing around with auto rain selector in weather plan. Apperently I forgot to reinstall this update after installing the alpha 4 version...If you want to see the glory of your settings used and then heavy thunderstorm visit the video thread.

If you think you had a relaxing sunday --> Alpha 5 incoming soonish :lol: The modding community is very very active!

Edit: Sol 1.6 Alpha 5 already released. Peter don't forget to lunch

Last edited:
This is (also) helpful! I was playing around with auto rain selector in weather plan. Apperently I forgot to reinstall this update after installing the alpha 4 version...If you want to see the glory of your settings used and then heavy thunderstorm visit the video thread.

If you think you had a relaxing sunday --> Alpha 5 incoming soonish :lol: The modding community is very very active!
Thank you! Looks like 1.6.5 was just posted to Discord. It now includes the new weather apps.

Thank you! Looks like 1.6.5 was just posted to Discord. It now includes the new weather apps.

Remember always to tick this one here if you use the weather plans (which is a must if you want to have dynamic weather...)
upload_2020-6-14_13-21-26.png

It´s off by default.

Guys, the Mugello lights config has been updated via CM recently. Could you please check if you still have grassfx properly when running Mugello? Currently it looks like crap and I need to figure out what´s the culprit here. Even the TA exposure setting in SOL config does not work. :banghead:

Did you ever figure out the exposure setting in Mugello? I too have noticed that the slider works on some tracks, but not others.

I haven't tried it yet, but supposedly if this value is already set in the track's light config, this can't be adjusted in sol_config. So you need to open the track's light config and edit the value there, or remove it from there to use the slider in game?

Righto, Self promotion time - I hope you all don't mind!

First of all, Willow Springs Big Willow 1.02 has been released featuring a lot of fixes, and some improvements.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/willow-springs-big-willow.32338/

It has immediately been met with high praise and appreciation./s

upload_2020-6-14_13-58-45.png

Secondly, Washington DC is now available to download! It still needs some replay cams, but I intend to get those done in the coming days.

Hit the link below to find the download on Race Department.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/washington-dc-capitol-hill.33864/

Thirdly, As discussed a few days ago, i'm granting users that support the $1 tier on Patreon access to all of my work in progress tracks.
Here is a trailer for it. There are over 30 tracks ready to download. They range from almost done, to just stared.

https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop

1592135532873-png.381674

All my stuff that get's updated will be uploaded to there as a sort of repository, but everything that makes it though to being finished will always be released for Free, for all.

Finally here is a video of the current state of Rome from Gt5 and Gt6 - You can get access to the build files, and driveable track through the above mentioned Patreon page, however, like all of my stuff, once i'm happy with it, it will be released for FREE

I think that covers most of the thing's i've been up to in lockdown!

Righto, Self promotion time - I hope you all don't mind!

First of all, Willow Springs Big Willow 1.02 has been released featuring a lot of fixes, and some improvements.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/willow-springs-big-willow.32338/

It has immediately been met with high praise and appreciation./s

View attachment 930266

Secondly, Washington DC is now available to download! It still needs some replay cams, but I intend to get those done in the coming days.

Hit the link below to find the download on Race Department.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/washington-dc-capitol-hill.33864/

Thirdly, As discussed a few days ago, i'm granting users that support the $1 tier on Patreon access to all of my work in progress tracks.
Here is a trailer for it. There are over 30 tracks ready to download. They range from almost done, to just stared.

https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop

1592135532873-png.381674

All my stuff that get's updated will be uploaded to there as a sort of repository, but everything that makes it though to being finished will always be released for Free, for all.

Finally here is a video of the current state of Rome from Gt5 and Gt6 - You can get access to the build files, and driveable track through the above mentioned Patreon page, however, like all of my stuff, once i'm happy with it, it will be released for FREE

I think that covers most of the thing's i've been up to in lockdown!

Damn, seems like I missed the deadline for the new balloons/blimp for WS. I saw your message on RD but had some painting to finish, then it seems I lost my new stuff when I last updated WS - I must have forgottent to back up the new config and kn5s.
I'll recreate them and either upload to RD or send them to you for inclusion in an update.

Damn, seems like I missed the deadline for the new balloons/blimp for WS. I saw your message on RD but had some painting to finish, then it seems I lost my new stuff when I last updated WS - I must have forgottent to back up the new config and kn5s.
I'll recreate them and either upload to RD or send them to you for inclusion in an update.

No worries it's all packed up in a way that updates are super quick to add so whenever you're done we can add them in. Thanks again for your contribution to the circuit :)

Wow the Mallory Park track is a fantastic start!!
Road feel and surface and the general shape is spot on.
Very impressed. Feels like a bit of a treat being on a track so early access.

My Kunos RedBull Ring is still a broken mess and I don't how I can fix it.
The grass is way too bright (and practically inexistant) - going for that Fallout 4 radioactive ***** :

VFrJmJh.jpg

Deleted Pete Bloem's (Blum ? Boese ? Who the **** cares) config, reinstalled it, nothing changes. What the **** is going on ?
Is it possible to just reinstall that track through Steam ? Will ' Verify Integrity of Game Files' **** up everything ? So many daft questions.

There is not a bit wrong with it anywhere, and i have looked.

Even optimised brilliantly, I've tried far far worse looking tracks with bad trees and awful textures which can't run smooth.

Walking under the track at the entrance and coming out the tunnel and walking around the in track is like a game itself (for geeks like me).

If we start seeing more GT tracks then this is great news.

And oddly since i have never owned a PS or GT i am now very tempted......so in a round about way them nicking this might make polyphony D some more cash...

Believe me, you will not regret.
In my case I only bought all Playstations, just for GT. Never bought other game for PS. I'm more a PC gamer.
Nowadays, I almost every day, play at least 4 hours of GT Sport and spend at least 2 hours, making liveries for my cars.
Stunning.

Cheers

Wow the Mallory Park track is a fantastic start!!
Road feel and surface and the general shape is spot on.
Very impressed. Feels like a bit of a treat being on a track so early access.

Glad you like it, any feedback as I roll out updates will always be greatly appreciated :)

The grass is way too bright (and practically inexistant) - going for that Fallout 4 radioactive ***** :

VFrJmJh.jpg

Deleted Pete Bloem's (Blum ? Boese ? Who the **** cares) config, reinstalled it, nothing changes. What the **** is going on ?
Is it possible to just reinstall that track through Steam ? Will ' Verify Integrity of Game Files' **** up everything ? So many daft questions.

It had happened to me with Mugello and the Red Bull Ring. Go back with the CSP and reinstall the track configuration.
First remove the seasonal changes and take a test.

In content manager, under settings/track adjustments, check "Disable any coloring seasonal adjustments" and see if it solves your issue.

edit : ninja ed by VheEth

Hey, would you release those here if they are not interested? Shame your hard work going to waste. I really want to make a complete field of 1985 atcc cars and those and BMW 635 are basically the only ones missing from heaving a complete field with original liveries.
huh i never said any of that :lol:

Can someone help me out with the excellent Impreza 02. I've got what looks like a long line of tiny numbers/letters extending out from the right door!?

NVM - the latest update solved it

Attachments

• Screenshot_subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_cadwell_park_14-5-120-16-52-19.jpg
    Screenshot_subaru_impreza_wrx_2002_cadwell_park_14-5-120-16-52-19.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
O.T. Does anybody else share my appreciation of the virtual 24H race @ Le Mans yesterday? Fan-freakin-tastic! A hundred-and-seventy-five drivers in 37 countries! Two World Champion Drivers and many drivers you already know from F1, Indycar, WEC and even sim racing (like the eternal Gregor Huttu!) Well played! Sim racing has finally become Prime Time entertainment!

O.T. Does anybody else share my appreciation of the virtual 24H race @ Le Mans yesterday? Fan-freakin-tastic! A hundred-and-seventy-five drivers in 37 countries! Two World Champion Drivers and many drivers you already know from F1, Indycar, WEC and even sim racing (like the eternal Gregor Huttu!) Well played! Sim racing has finally become Prime Time entertainment!

Absolutely! I'm secretly hoping someone makes an Assetto Corsa skin-pack with all of the liveries from that event...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back