Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,506 comments
now the all lights work on it ^^

Attachments

• Screenshot_pagani_barchetta_monza_14-6-120-9-45-25.png
    Screenshot_pagani_barchetta_monza_14-6-120-9-45-25.png
    91.8 KB · Views: 48
is CSP version 1.60 the go to right now? about to go back 1.52 because everything seems to be crashing in VR above 1.52.
I stayed at the 1.52 , the other updates are all buggy, it's been several times that I say I have problems with the weather, the problems had been found, but with versions 1.53 up to 1.61, some car no longer works, even Kunos car ...

How do you exactly toggle the "walk" camera in AC?

iks
F7

You'll need Content Manager and CSP I believe.

But anyway, I put on a SuperGT race at Motegi and it was pretty close to what it was like in real life as a spectator.

No need for CM or CSP, it's a game feature. But you also need to edit assetto_corsa.ini (in game folder assettocorsa/system/cfg) to change
ALLOW_FREE_CAMERA=1

T
The V8SC mod is absolutely stunning but the lack of Volvo and Mercedes leaves me a bit sad. Tired of playing Forza Motorsport to race these.
Those have not been around for 4,5 years now, Mercedes even more. And there is a Volvo, that is BOPed to the V8scorsa, but it's graphically and driving wise a little lower quality, but not bad, I use it if I want to recreate a field from 2016 back:

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/volvo

T

Those have not been around for 4,5 years now, Mercedes even more. And there is a Volvo, that is BOPed to the V8scorsa, but it's graphically and driving wise a little lower quality, but not bad, I use it if I want to recreate a field from 2016 back:

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/volvo

Aye I know, but it would complete the grid nicely - after all the FGX / VF / Altima and their 2014/15 liveries are available in AC.

No idea. I thought somebody would have sued the **** out of them by now for stealing mods and charging for them - but because many Modders work for free and don't charge for their works, they probably don't actually have direct copyrights on their mods which doesn't give them grounds to file a suit.

If one of the bigger made-for-assetto mods w/ 100% original content was taken by SimDream AND had a copyright on it - that would be an easy slam dunk of plagiarism and intellectual dishonesty/profiteering off of theft, though.

If SimDreamDevelopment is ever stupid enough to take an RSS mod or something by the DRM Revival team or VRC - I hope they copyright their stuff and get all of SimDreams wiped off the internet in return. That's a big "IF" Though.

You'd need a Mod maker with a 100% original mod -> Modder has paid for the copyright on that mod -> Sim dream steals it and charges for it -> Modder finds out -> Modder files suit -> Suit goes to court -> Court finds Sim dream guilty of plagiarism.

I'd imagine this huge burden of evidence for the original moder and the fact many can't even afford a lawyer/patent/copyright for all their mods is why this continues to happen. I'm not sure if it will ever stop. It sucks.

Sorry to dig up an old discussion, but this thread moves way too fast lol.

I wonder if anyone has tried reporting Simdream in the Forza forums? Surely T10 would not stand still seeing their work blatantly stolen and resold? And I'm sure Microsoft would have enough spare change to take on any of the court costs.

The flipside to this is, if MS/T10 do decide to take action, we might see innocent modders get caught up as well and might end up changing the future of modding in simracing as we know it. Is it worth bringing Simdream to justice if we possibly lose the freedom of modding?

Sorry to dig up an old discussion, but this thread moves way too fast lol.

I wonder if anyone has tried reporting Simdream in the Forza forums? Surely T10 would not stand still seeing their work blatantly stolen and resold? And I'm sure Microsoft would have enough spare change to take on any of the court costs.

The flipside to this is, if MS/T10 do decide to take action, we might see innocent modders get caught up as well and might end up changing the future of modding in simracing as we know it. Is it worth bringing Simdream to justice if we possibly lose the freedom of modding?
My feelings are Simdream need taking down. Theft is theft, but profiting from it is out of order. Small modders would not be an issue for Microshaft as they are not profiting, but Simdream............nah nail the buggers

Sorry beeing an attention whore but the Tsukuba one is a masterpiece. Here I recorded a short onboard video too. CrewChief used as well.

There is not a bit wrong with it anywhere, and i have looked.

Even optimised brilliantly, I've tried far far worse looking tracks with bad trees and awful textures which can't run smooth.

Walking under the track at the entrance and coming out the tunnel and walking around the in track is like a game itself (for geeks like me).

If we start seeing more GT tracks then this is great news.

And oddly since i have never owned a PS or GT i am now very tempted......so in a round about way them nicking this might make polyphony D some more cash...

There is not a bit wrong with it anywhere, and i have looked.

Even optimised brilliantly, I've tried far far worse looking tracks with bad trees and awful textures which can't run smooth.

Walking under the track at the entrance and coming out the tunnel and walking around the in track is like a game itself (for geeks like me).

If we start seeing more GT tracks then this is great news.

And oddly since i have never owned a PS or GT i am now very tempted......so in a round about way them nicking this might make polyphony D some more cash...
I have all the GT games, and play them as often as I can. I am looking forward to GT7 as the graphics look stunning, so hold on till then, I think you will like it

I got a crazy boost in fps and smoothness after checking this setting tonight. Anyone else notice an improvement. I'm stoked about it.
View attachment 930250

"Leaves it to Windows to spread thread more efficently..." (is shown with mouse pointer) I read this and immediate activeted this when it comes to CSP. Never run AC without this anymore. So propably I will get fps drops when unchecking this...:D

Hey, would you release those here if they are not interested? Shame your hard work going to waste. I really want to make a complete field of 1985 atcc cars and those and BMW 635 are basically the only ones missing from heaving a complete field with original liveries.
I think you meant to quote me in that ;)
Unfortunately even if they were interested, I'm not sure that I would bother with it after others have pointed out how the mapping on those car models look like an absolute headache to work with.

Sorry beeing an attention whore but the Tsukuba one is a masterpiece. Here I recorded a short onboard video too. CrewChief used as well.

Looks amazing! I followed your lead and installed SOL 1.61a4 + CSP 0.1.6.
For me the rain on the windshield is still flickering and buggy. What was your fix for that?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back