Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,494 comments
Hey,

The thing I'm worried about is every time Sol or CSP updates it requires more of your PC, and it seems to me that it's coming to a point where it requires alot. I wonder if I'm ok to run Sol 1.6 and race against 20-30 AI. I have a I7 7770, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2700. Is that enough?

Thanks

Hey,

The thing I'm worried about is every time Sol or CSP updates it requires more of your PC, and it seems to me that it's coming to a point where it requires alot. I wonder if I'm ok to run Sol 1.6 and race against 20-30 AI. I have a I7 7770, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2700. Is that enough?

Thanks
it should be, i have an I7 9series with only 12GB ram and GTX 1060ti and i can run the full lemans with 55 cars fine

Hey, sorry for the amount of posts, but I'm kinda struggling with the new Sol.

I'm getting a bug where there's a shadow about 50 mtrs in front of the car as you can see in the video. It's on the left, about 50mtrs ahead in the Armco. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks alot

Croce Dei Colodri

This is what I have decided to call my latest creation. I teased it in a post the other day, but now here it is in a bit more detail.

There is a few glitches on the banked corner, a wall appears for some reason, I didn't notice this when exporting. This will obviously be sorted soon.

20200624222448_1.jpg

I came up with this cool style of wall that emits ever changing RGB light, then decided to use the 'theme' on a few more areas of the circuit.

20200624220410_1.jpg

It's kinda sorta very slightly inspired by Bernese Alps from Forza

20200624222420_1.jpg

20200624222335_1.jpg

it looks twisty here, but to drive it's not too bad. Certainly no worse than something like Hungaroring et al.

20200624221501_1.jpg

20200624221250_1.jpg

So yeah... feedback on the layout, aesthetics etc? further down the line I will ass more vegetation, the sparse tree coverings you see right now are just there to add some depth to the track.

The shaders for the imported terrain of the castle are also off, it will be less 'shiney' when done.

Also loads of little details to add like sponsor boards, spectators, grand stands etc.

Needless to say, you all know the drill by now - an early driveable version is already available to download on my Patreon page
https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop (small text so not to be as annoying!)

Attachments

• 20200624221320_1.jpg
    20200624221320_1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 18
Croce Dei Colodri

This is what I have decided to call my latest creation. I teased it in a post the other day, but now here it is in a bit more detail.

There is a few glitches on the banked corner, a wall appears for some reason, I didn't notice this when exporting. This will obviously be sorted soon.

View attachment 934004

I came up with this cool style of wall that emits ever changing RGB light, then decided to use the 'theme' on a few more areas of the circuit.

View attachment 934006

View attachment 934007

View attachment 934008

it looks twisty here, but to drive it's not too bad. Certainly no worse than something like Hungaroring et al.

View attachment 934009

View attachment 934010

So yeah... feedback on the layout, aesthetics etc? further down the line I will ass more vegetation, the sparse tree coverings you see right now are just there to add some depth to the track.

The shaders for the imported terrain of the castle are also off, it will be less 'shiney' when done.

Also loads of little details to add like sponsor boards, spectators, grand stands etc.

Needless to say, you all know the drill by now - an early driveable version is already available to download on my Patreon page

Inspired by Bernese Alps? Looks like the inspiration came from a rollercoaster. :lol::cheers:

View attachment 933988

Autódromo Internacional de Santa Cruz do Sul (version 1.0) - by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.9
- New skins added (Stock Car Brasil, Endurance Brasil, Copa Petrobras de Marcas)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Reworked trees
- Some adjusted materials
- New VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ptg9usbrnxn1428/vhe_santacruz_1.0.rar/file

Thanks for all your updated tracks.
For this one, I think you forget Mike08 grassFX update from https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1334#post-13148321

while i was gone here i wanted to do modding first i did these replicas or Frankenstein cars as i like to call them these cars replicate other cars on a base for an example i did an xj220S replica on a xj220C race car this is as close as i could get to the actual car without having to wait for a model to be converted or the model to be created i used parts from A8 for the xj220s stuff like the stickers wing piece and i used the interior from the assettodrive xj220 i've now switched to full converting as my Astra is the first convert i have ever done and i actual found a way to convert cars as seen with this Astra that i ported from Blur. Feel free to improve these just please PM me if you want to do so.
Anyway the cars in this list are
Two new 996 the 996 GT2 and the Turbo S that i managed to sorta replicate on the GT2 chassis. Kenneth and Dragster666
993 GT1 strassenversion the base was the 993 GT1 from AG the interior was used from the AD 911 GT1
Lamborghini Diablo GT the base was the diablo GTR SE that AG did. I ported stuff like the wing and interior peices from GT Sport.
Porsche 911 SC/RS street version The 930 Turbo s car was done by AD
Jaguar XJ220S The xj220C belongs to Zinki he granted me the permission to use it.
Opel Astra X-Treme Concept Fully converted from Blur by me (dragster666)

__custom_showroom_1593035238.jpg

Note showmebest (AD) if these cars ruin the image of you'r mods please notify me so i can remove these.

Car folder name must match those 2 conditions for driven distance to be taken in account:

1. Folder name MUST NOT contain any uppercase char
2. Folder name length MAX CHARS is 32

So check those 2 points and you should get your driven distance back.

Note: If you have to change (shorten) the folder name you wil ennd with no sound. So go into sfx folder and:
- change .bank fil name with the new folder name
- open GUID.txt and replace all ocurencies of older folder name with the shortened one (Notepad++ does it in a fraction of a second)

Wow, in 1,300+ pages of posts, I'm glad I caught this. I'm very particular in how I name and arrange my folders, and uniformity is the name of the game. Is there anything else in terms of folder naming I need to consider? I've renamed every single mod folder for my OCD organization and I don't want to find out that all my mods don't work when I get my PC in a few weeks.

Guys, I've been running 'Skip FFB Steps' at '4' because the tooltip made it seem like it would help performance. I've had it on '4' forever. Today I remembered that I hadn't changed it since I upgraded my CPU. I moved it to '1' and goddangit the game runs so much smoother now. I'm confused. What number are you guys setting "Skip FFB Steps" on your game?
upload_2020-6-24_18-46-1.png

Last edited:
Guys, I've been running 'Skip FFB Steps' at '4' because the tooltip made it seem like it would help performance. I've had it on '4' forever. Today I remembered that I hadn't changed it since I upgraded my CPU. I moved it to '1' and goddangit if the game runs so much smoother for me. What number are you guys setting "Skip FFB Steps" on your game?
View attachment 934037
0 on my side. Skip must only be used if your hardware is not able to handle the load.

while i was gone here i wanted to do modding first i did these replicas or Frankenstein cars as i like to call them these cars replicate other cars on a base for an example i did an xj220S replica on a xj220C race car this is as close as i could get to the actual car without having to wait for a model to be converted or the model to be created i used parts from A8 for the xj220s stuff like the stickers wing piece and i used the interior from the assettodrive xj220 i've now switched to full converting as my Astra is the first convert i have ever done and i actual found a way to convert cars as seen with this Astra that i ported from Blur. Feel free to improve these just please PM me if you want to do so.
Anyway the cars in this list are
Two new 996 the 996 GT2 and the Turbo S that i managed to sorta replicate on the GT2 chassis. Kenneth and Dragster666
993 GT1 strassenversion the base was the 993 GT1 from AG the interior was used from the AD 911 GT1
Lamborghini Diablo GT the base was the diablo GTR SE that AG did. I ported stuff like the wing and interior peices from GT Sport.
Porsche 911 SC/RS street version The 930 Turbo s car was done by AD
Jaguar XJ220S The xj220C belongs to Zinki he granted me the permission to use it.
Opel Astra X-Treme Concept Fully converted from Blur by me (dragster666)

View attachment 934032
Note showmebest (AD) if these cars ruin the image of you'r mods please notify me so i can remove these.

Awesome! I don't play these games to drive road cars but these are some special road cars. The Diablo GT is my favorite Lamborghini.

Shoot, I haven't even tried 0, yet. When you say 'hardware', is the hardware side of it my PC specs or the wheel I'm using?
Both. CPU to send FF data, wheel to receive it :)
I think every modern wheel don't have issue with high input rate. But the CPU could be struggling as it already handle a lot of thing (AIs physic for example).

Need help please.

Regardless of the track or car I choose, after loading to the last car, I always get the 'Race Cancelled' message.

Didn't change anything from the last time I played. was with the 1.57 CSP. tried with the 1.60 CSP.
Same result. Can't play AC. No need to say that I'm in panic! :nervous:

Help please.

Right. First, thank you all that reply to my help request.
After a few hours trying to fix the damn issue, finally I caught the bandit.

Had to disable all APPs and one by one, enabling and load the race.
To shortening a 200 book pages into a few lines ('cause, believe me, tried all you said and a bit more), the guilty was.............. *drums*.............. FFBClip.
Yep, from nowhere, it just began to annoy me today. Now it is disabled. And all is running fine.

Which makes me ask, I appreciate if any of you knows a similar APP for the job. Really good APP and small on screen.

I can breath again, after so many hours holding my breath. 1.61 CSI and Sol_1_5_4__1_6 installed.

Here stay the note for future similar problems.

Cheers,
Paulo

It happens to me sometimes. What helped always was to start AC from steam not CM. It doesn't go past loading cars (stays on 100% loading car metadata). But after I force close the AC, it starts working again from CM. It's worth a try.
does anyone have a chaparral 2f

Adjusting the reflection quality of Chrome in Content Manager? Tested a mod C2 Corvette by Stripe and the chrome reflects everything from the road onto the wipers to the windshield (inside the cockpit). I know you can go to the CM Showroom and select the material, but what is the next step?

Thanks!

Croce Dei Colodri

View attachment 934004

View attachment 934006

View attachment 934007

View attachment 934008

View attachment 934009

View attachment 934010

Those track-side light sculpture monolith things are really something else. Driving past them at high-speed in your video there presented a really neat sense of speed that AC lacks on most other tracks. I look forward to the finished version. I just hope for the final version that some of the corners get smoothed out a bit. Looking amazing so far though.

View attachment 933538

Autódromo Internacional de Santa Cruz do Sul - Version 0.9 by VheEth

Original conversion : VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.9
- New skins added (Stock Car Brasil, Endurance Brasil, Copa Petrobras de Marcas)
- Added the VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/cyp4pdxvv3rv3yk/vhe_santacruz_beta.rar/file
Thanks for this and all your great work on these Brazilian tracks. It seems the download link is not working for me.

View attachment 933988

Autódromo Internacional de Santa Cruz do Sul (version 1.0) - by VheEth

Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.9
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Reworked trees
- Some adjusted materials
- New VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ptg9usbrnxn1428/vhe_santacruz_1.0.rar/file

Thank you very much for all of these converted tracks!
I'm really enjoying them, they are new to me and it is always good to discover some new track around the globe.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back