Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,494 comments
View attachment 933988

Autódromo Internacional de Santa Cruz do Sul (version 1.0) - by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.9
- New skins added (Stock Car Brasil, Endurance Brasil, Copa Petrobras de Marcas)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Reworked trees
- Some adjusted materials
- New VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ptg9usbrnxn1428/vhe_santacruz_1.0.rar/file

@SillyBillyP

Wow, in 1,300+ pages of posts, I'm glad I caught this. I'm very particular in how I name and arrange my folders, and uniformity is the name of the game. Is there anything else in terms of folder naming I need to consider? I've renamed every single mod folder for my OCD organization and I don't want to find out that all my mods don't work when I get my PC in a few weeks.
Hate to break this to you but if you've really renamed every single mod folder then none of those mods are likely to work. Folder names need to match some key files within those folders.
Hope you kept the original download zips.

Last edited:
I found some new track for you: Harris Hill Raceway in San Marcos, TX. This is 3km drift circuit that can be used for racing too. It looks rather nice. Please be aware that there is directory named "aicams" included that has an fast_lane and a pit_lane file. You have to rename the folder into ai for racing against the AI.

View attachment 933988

Autódromo Internacional de Santa Cruz do Sul (version 1.0) - by VheEth

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.9
- New skins added (Stock Car Brasil, Endurance Brasil, Copa Petrobras de Marcas)
- New AI Line by @LiquidSkyMan
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Reworked trees
- Some adjusted materials
- New VAO file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ptg9usbrnxn1428/vhe_santacruz_1.0.rar/file
Thank you for this and your other excellent work on these tracks. I'm really enjoying them.

Hey,

The thing I'm worried about is every time Sol or CSP updates it requires more of your PC, and it seems to me that it's coming to a point where it requires alot. I wonder if I'm ok to run Sol 1.6 and race against 20-30 AI. I have a I7 7770, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2700. Is that enough?

Thanks
I recently uninstalled and reinstalled everything (including AC from Steam). I checked fps as I was doing it. It did seem that AC + CSP ran a lot better than just AC on its own. Adding Sol (pre 1.6) didn't change much - but it seems to depend on what weather you have too. For example, I get better fps with no clouds.
I did install Sol 1.6 last night but I've rolled back to an earlier version as it seemed to be losing me 5 to 10% of my fps.

Wow, in 1,300+ pages of posts, I'm glad I caught this. I'm very particular in how I name and arrange my folders, and uniformity is the name of the game. Is there anything else in terms of folder naming I need to consider? I've renamed every single mod folder for my OCD organization and I don't want to find out that all my mods don't work when I get my PC in a few weeks.

AFAIK spaces and special chars excepted hyphen and underscore should be avoided. And if it exists, data.acd must be unpacked first. Thing is you rename folders only in those few cases, when you have to.

Yep I upgraded to SOL 1.6 and its great, but i rolled back to my preferred which is 1.5.1 on csp 1.46.

What is great is that little widget that removes all trace of SOL, I could run AC for a bit in 'vanilla' and you know what, it looks good you know.
The various CSP tweeks have meant in SOME cases i do prefer no SOL...

But i can't live with that lime green grass and trees.

So if was fun for a while but glad to have SOL back all be it early one.

It is 3d clouds that are hungry and i couldn't seem to get 2d ones working on SOL 1.6.

Beauty of it all is you can simply chop and change them around with very little effort these days.

I want to share my most favourite feature of AC with CM with you: The little checkbox named "real conditions" situated under the time slider and above the checkbox "ideal conditions". For those of you, who never used it so far, here is what it does:

When activating the checkbox CM will look for the geo tags of the selected track and then set the correct day of time (= how late is it in that part of the world right now), the temperature, wind and weather. So basically it transports you to this place with its current conditions. Of course the geo tag must be set correctly to work properly.

I love this feature because it feels like making holiday in a different part of the world and sometimes gives you quite a surprise, like: "Oh, I didnt realize that is already so late in Tokyo" or "He, they have a thunderstorm in London right now". Also CM will select the perfect weather conditions for you. Especially with the new lightning and thunderstorm effects this can feel amazing. If you never tried it, give it a chance.

Well, I worked on the Denver Street Circuit thanks to the encouragement from this thread and here it is: v 0.5

Pretty good.
Something that catches they eye though (at least my eye) is those buildings in Turn8 (Welton & 14th). They are very blurry and don't match most others:

denver.png

Guys, I've been running 'Skip FFB Steps' at '4' because the tooltip made it seem like it would help performance. I've had it on '4' forever. Today I remembered that I hadn't changed it since I upgraded my CPU. I moved it to '1' and goddangit the game runs so much smoother now. I'm confused. What number are you guys setting "Skip FFB Steps" on your game?
View attachment 934037
i am too scared to tick the hardware lock thingy, because after you tick it, it gives you a warning it will blow up your wheel, destroy your hard drive and have an affair with your wife.. ;)

upload_2020-6-25_20-32-45.png

i am too scared to tick the hardware lock thingy, because after you tick it, it gives you a warning it will blow up your wheel, destroy your hard drive and have an affair with your wife.. ;)

View attachment 934140

After seeing posts about this, I checked my settings. It's set at 0, and I don't think I ever changed it from something else.

I have a Thrustmaster TS300, at least three years old, use it for an hour or more almost every day, and it has no issues at all, even with FF increased for cars with heavier steering.

Logitech wheels are pretty good, but I have seen one literally go up in smoke while a friend was drifting (visible smoke, bad smell), but it was an older Driving Force Pro, and I had been using it for at least six years. Maybe, before changing settings, run it for a while, and give it a good "sniff" so you know if it normally emits an electrical/motor odor, then change settings, run it for a while with the new settings, and "sniff" it again.

View attachment 934140

Been a while since I had a G29, but as far as I recall soft lock and hard lock are functionally equivalent with Logitech as the force sent to stop the wheel is the same in both cases.
As AC's softlock is flawless I see no point in using hard lock.
It is needed for DD wheels and maybe some others.

Hello guys, I just ran a race on this Cremona Circuit you guys can find on here if you don't have it already:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cremona-circuit-san-martino-del-lago.27495/

IMO it's quite fun to drive, the problem is, the ai cars can't leave the pits, they follow a strange path through the other parked cars and then they get stuck against the barriers and can't get to the track.. would any of you guys here be so kind to take a look at it and fix that?that would be much appreciated because I think the track deserves it.

Best mod for stock New NSX?

There is the brilliantly made LBW version mod pack done by BZ Simwork
But there are quite some different versions of mods made to imitate the stock car, I had two of them downloaded but not sure which one should be the best representation or there is one much better out there
View attachment 933964

This got a weird interior engine sound only
View attachment 933965

Gran Turismo Sport reference

What is best for me, might not be the best for you. It depends of so many variants...
... Personel taste of handling, braking, acceleration, etc...
Therefore, you have to chose your best car.

When you pick a girlfriend or wife, you ask the lads their opinion? :D

Here, try this one.
bb64.png

https://sharemods.com/qjrfksfplgp7/ag_honda_nsx_15.rar.html

Last edited:
Next week I'm able to take place in my rig again. Meanwhile I made a kind of task list with all the recent new, updated content as well as good settings/tweak suggestions. Otherwise I have to read back about 60 pages. The to-do list contains 36 items....and still a couple of days to go. Keep it calm please :crazy:.

Hello guys, I just ran a race on this Cremona Circuit you guys can find on here if you don't have it already:
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cremona-circuit-san-martino-del-lago.27495/

IMO it's quite fun to drive, the problem is, the ai cars can't leave the pits, they follow a strange path through the other parked cars and then they get stuck against the barriers and can't get to the track.. would any of you guys here be so kind to take a look at it and fix that?that would be much appreciated because I think the track deserves it.
I'm taking a look at that for U right now, I'll get back to U in a little while and let U know what it needs B4 I try and fix it.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back