Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,490 comments
I made some graphical updates to Summit Point Raceway.
I only intended to change the grass color, which was too bright for my taste, and it ended up with me spending waay too long correcting the trees, all of the buildings, tents and other textures to give a more balanced color tone throughout. Made a big difference in my eyes so I figured I would post it up for y'all.

A few things I couldn't figure out, if anyone else cares to take another pass.
-The cones turn themselves black with their own shadows
-The stairs up to the back of the marshal stations are excessively bright
-I wanted to make the camera trucks black to hide the low polly count, but couldn't find an associated texture
-A VAO for this track would be nice for the bridges

Screenshot_tc_legends_mg_a_race_summit_point_raceway_25-5-120-14-13-27.jpg

Screenshot_tc_legends_mg_a_race_summit_point_raceway_25-5-120-14-9-54.jpg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VF6JyQbKkH0XAhTX7d-tuaecQc4yf0pM?usp=sharing

Last edited:
Autopolis from NFS v2.0

I once worked on this track in the days of GTR2.
Now I got my version into AC.
I think it's better than the others that are around.
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_autopolis_25-6-120-22-34-13.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_911_gt3_cup_2017_zw_autopolis_25-6-120-22-35-44.jpg

Removed lots trees and other objects that do not exist in real life.
Edited a lot of materials: trees, roads, grass, buildings, windows.
Created a new collision wall.
Changed many sponsors to Japanese sponsors.
Expanded grid and pits to 45 cars.
Used VAO from the older version.
Added grass FX.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g5hvh8mxflyesu/Autopolis_NFS_by_Zwiss_v2.0.zip/file

Please let me know if things can be improved, I am still learning about AC shaders etc.

Guys!
For those having problems with sound in CSP 0.1.61, revert back to 0.1.46. Then navigate to assettocorsa\content - copy the folder sfx (or rename it, something like sfx-bkp - you choose what is easier). After this, install 0.1.61 CSP again. Go back to assettocorsa\content and rename the folder (sfx-bkp) back to sfx
You're done!

View attachment 934276

View attachment 934275

Didn't work zuotoski.
Still raining with no rain sound.

I only intended to change the grass color, which was too bright for my taste, and it ended up with me spending waay too long correcting the trees, all of the buildings, tents and other textures to give a more balanced color tone throughout. Made a big difference in my eyes so I figured I would post it up for y'all.

-I wanted to make the camera trucks black to hide the low polly count, but couldn't find an associated texture
-A VAO for this track would be nice for the bridges

View attachment 934278
View attachment 934284

Nice one Xedrox. I'm getting ready to try it now.

Autopolis from NFS v2.0

View attachment 934290 View attachment 934291
Added grass FX.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g5hvh8mxflyesu/Autopolis_NFS_by_Zwiss_v2.0.zip/file

Please let me know if things can be improved, I am still learning about AC shaders etc.

Nice Zwiss! Here's the preview I'm using for your track.
[EDIT] lol, now I'm not sure that my preview is of Autopolis. Can you anyone confirm? :P

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 59
I just realized something that bugs me about CM, or maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to go back to the main CM window without closing the car or track select screens?
upload_2020-6-25_17-55-57.png

If you rename the car folder to lower case, there's nothing more to do, everything will work as expected.
If you change folder name , then sfx will not work and data.acd will have issue because one of key component to decipher acd file is the folder name.
So before renaming, extract data.acd and keep data folder created. You could later pack data folder in a new data.acd.
For sfx, the bank file must match folder name, and guids.txt content must also refer to the new folder name (search and replace every occurence of old folder name to new folder name).
And you're done.
Not quite.
You also need to rename all kn5s to match the new folder name.
You also need to go into into the data folder, find LODS.ini and rename the car there to match the new kn5/folder name.

I just realized something that bugs me about CM, or maybe I'm missing something. Is there a way to go back to the main CM window without closing the car or track select screens?
View attachment 934423
Hahaha it bugs me too, but I'm in the same situation as you mate, I don't really think it's possible to go back to the main CM window without closing the car/track select screens

if I remember correctly from the CSP / SOL changelogs from the official discord channels - the rain sound is temporarily removed, because it was buggy.

Didn't work zuotoski.
Still raining with no rain sound.

Strange, I followed this instructions from the CSP Discord server. It worked for me, actually it is still working.

Sorry if I made myself a fool, I'll try to be more careful next time.

upload_2020-6-25_19-14-43.png

Last edited:
If you rename the car folder to lower case, there's nothing more to do, everything will work as expected.
If you change folder name , then sfx will not work and data.acd will have issue because one of key component to decipher acd file is the folder name.
So before renaming, extract data.acd and keep data folder created. You could later pack data folder in a new data.acd.
For sfx, the bank file must match folder name, and guids.txt content must also refer to the new folder name (search and replace every occurence of old folder name to new folder name).
And you're done.

Brilliant. Appreciated. Trying to organize everything so when my PC comes it's just plug and play, and these are the answers I can't find anywhere else!

Not quite.
You also need to rename all kn5s to match the new folder name.
You also need to go into into the data folder, find LODS.ini and rename the car there to match the new kn5/folder name.

No, check for example a kunos car, the audi sport quattro. Folder named ks_audi_sport_quattro and kn5 named sport_quattro.kn5.
Another example from legion, folder is ac_289_sports and kn5 is shelby_cobra.
Then without the need to change kn5 name, no need to modify lods.ini
For track, at least one kn5 need to match folder name.

Last edited:
Hey all, just want to make sure I have the new SOL installed correctly. I understand wet roads aren't implemented yet in CSP, I assume I'm not seeing spray from cars for the same reason? Just checking if somehow that is an option(different process or something) and maybe there is an option for it is CM I can't find and turn on. No biggie if there isn't. Man I'm loving the new skies and the thunder...OH THE THUNDER lol!👍

Thanks to everyone who had a hand in working on the new SOL. This game looks so much better than games coming out now!

Also just wanted to say this community reminds me of one I belonged to YEARS ago, before EA gobbled up and killed off all good golf games. There was a community much like this for Jack Nicklaus Golden Bear Challenge. You could mod that like crazy as well. New courses coming out the wazoo by talented people. I did same flags, custom scoreboards and, being Canadian, a Team Canada Jersey. AC seems so much more complex, but if anyone needs a flag for their cars....

Uipu0G9.jpg

No, check for example a kunos car, the audi sport quattro. Folder named ks_audi_sport_quattro and kn5 named sport_quattro.kn5.
Another example from legion, folder is ac_289_sports and kn5 is shelby_cobra.
Then without the need to change kn5 name, no need to modify lods.ini
For track, at least one kn5 need to match folder name.
Ah, OK. Sorry. I've been misinformed.

this "private mods" thing has to end somehow, if somebody could get their hands on the Lamborghini V12 VGT mod, lmk by sending me a message its a shame that a jerk assetto corsa modder has got that car in assetto corsa before polyphony digital could release the original car in GT Sport......
I can tell that theres riots going on that they wanted that car so badly. Heck even the SRT Tomahawk X VGT which some jerk showed to us & refuses to share it.

Autopolis from NFS v2.0

View attachment 934290 View attachment 934291
Added grass FX.

thank you @Zwiss and @DaBaeda :cheers:

-A VAO for this track would be nice for the bridges (done)

View attachment 934278
View attachment 934284

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1VF6JyQbKkH0XAhTX7d-tuaecQc4yf0pM?usp=sharing

vao-patch coming your way...
rename & install in:

\assettocorsa\content\tracks\summit_point_raceway (priority given I recall)
or
\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches

EDIT
current filename: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch.txt
rename to: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch (remove '.txt')

Attachments

• summit_point_raceway.vao-patch.txt
    2.7 MB · Views: 60
Last edited:
Here is the Update #2 for the fantasy Area 51 track WIP. Items added.
Teddie fixes for the KN5 file
DaBaeda - new cameras he made
increased number of AI cars now has 30 cars - pit stalls and starting grids
Spread out the pit stalls a little more and also the starting grids
Fixed the Semiphore lighting for showing start race lights. They are not colored, but show the light sequence
Pit lights work with showing just flashing red lights entering/exiting pits.
Night lighting: little runway lights show up now in Red and Blue colors.
The one shed we race through toned down the light intensity driving through the shed.
Added grass fx, but not sure if it looks right or not since terrain is mostly desert.
Added some AI Hints and works well with GT3 and F1 cars that I tested. Done a few races at 98% difficulty.
Still tweaking things and will light up the hanger area a little bit.
Will delete my update1 posted earlier and reference to this post

Cars tend to be slow of start finish line, but once they get going down the straight, all is good after that.
Call for Help: Need someone's help with getting the corner Arrow Signs to work in my config file for night driving.
spent the last day or so trying different things, and nothing worked right. Right now my Light Series 6
setup item, I have to be right on top of the Arrow sign for it to kick in and display arrow at night. It is currently
setup to flash, which I really dont need also.

Here is the link to update 2: let me know if you have any problems: take care.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back