Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,489 comments
@LiquidSkyMan , I might need your help on Zolder67's AI. I've started working on visual and model fixes again for the track, but the AI are acting wonky at the start of the race. I'll ping ya a little later.

Hey, sorry for the amount of posts, but I'm kinda struggling with the new Sol.

I'm getting a bug where there's a shadow about 50 mtrs in front of the car as you can see in the video. It's on the left, about 50mtrs ahead in the Armco. Does anyone have any idea what this could be?

Thanks alot

Not sure that new Sol would have caused that but looks like possibly just an artifact of shadows drawing in with regards to the shadow splits setting.
Did you change your settings in 'Smart Shadows' to the ones in the Sol install manual when you installed it? Specifically the 'Distances for interior' one?

These ones provided are something like 1.3, 80, 400 and are not pleasing for me like this. They draw middle quality shadow in far too soon.
- If so try putting them at something like 1.3, 150, 500 to start with and adjust from there if not pleasing.

In fact this whole setting is by far my main source of frustration with AC. I despise seeing anything that is obviously drawing in ahead of me at a set distance and so have spent many hours trying to tweak this setting to find an appealing setting for me. Still not happy with it, but for now I have forfeited sharp shadows within the cockpit just to have good splits that somewhat seamlessly extend to something like 750m.

vao-patch coming your way...
rename & install in:

\assettocorsa\content\tracks\summit_point_raceway (priority given I recall)
or
\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches

Hello, how I have to rename the file?
I didn't understand how to installa vao patches and this was very helpful for me, but didn't understand all steps

Thank you!

while i was gone here i wanted to do modding first i did these replicas or Frankenstein cars as i like to call them these cars replicate other cars on a base for an example i did an xj220S replica on a xj220C race car this is as close as i could get to the actual car without having to wait for a model to be converted or the model to be created i used parts from A8 for the xj220s stuff like the stickers wing piece and i used the interior from the assettodrive xj220 i've now switched to full converting as my Astra is the first convert i have ever done and i actual found a way to convert cars as seen with this Astra that i ported from Blur. Feel free to improve these just please PM me if you want to do so.
Anyway the cars in this list are
Two new 996 the 996 GT2 and the Turbo S that i managed to sorta replicate on the GT2 chassis. Kenneth and Dragster666
993 GT1 strassenversion the base was the 993 GT1 from AG the interior was used from the AD 911 GT1
Lamborghini Diablo GT the base was the diablo GTR SE that AG did. I ported stuff like the wing and interior peices from GT Sport.
Porsche 911 SC/RS street version The 930 Turbo s car was done by AD
Jaguar XJ220S The xj220C belongs to Zinki he granted me the permission to use it.
Opel Astra X-Treme Concept Fully converted from Blur by me (dragster666)

View attachment 934032
Note showmebest (AD) if these cars ruin the image of you'r mods please notify me so i can remove these.

interesting selection of cars and grateful that you are sharing this, but those two 996 really need some attention on those wheels

Here is the Update #2 for the fantasy Area 51 track WIP. Items added.
Teddie fixes for the KN5 file
DaBaeda - new cameras he made
increased number of AI cars now has 30 cars - pit stalls and starting grids
Spread out the pit stalls a little more and also the starting grids
Fixed the Semiphore lighting for showing start race lights. They are not colored, but show the light sequence
Pit lights work with showing just flashing red lights entering/exiting pits.
Night lighting: little runway lights show up now in Red and Blue colors.
The one shed we race through toned down the light intensity driving through the shed.
Added grass fx, but not sure if it looks right or not since terrain is mostly desert.
Added some AI Hints and works well with GT3 and F1 cars that I tested. Done a few races at 98% difficulty.
Still tweaking things and will light up the hanger area a little bit.
Will delete my update1 posted earlier and reference to this post

Cars tend to be slow of start finish line, but once they get going down the straight, all is good after that.
Call for Help: Need someone's help with getting the corner Arrow Signs to work in my config file for night driving.
spent the last day or so trying different things, and nothing worked right. Right now my Light Series 6
setup item, I have to be right on top of the Arrow sign for it to kick in and display arrow at night. It is currently
setup to flash, which I really dont need also.

Here is the link to update 2: let me know if you have any problems: take care.

Awesome, thanks for this. Wasn't there some kind of file swap recommended by legion for cars having a poor start, snaking left and right etc? Not sure if someone remembers.

vao-patch coming your way...
rename & install in:

\assettocorsa\content\tracks\summit_point_raceway (priority given I recall)
or
\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches

How can i change the file extension from txt to vao.patch.
With rename its always a txt.file.
Why you not zipping the vao.patch file.

Hello, how I have to rename the file?
I didn't understand how to installa vao patches and this was very helpful for me, but didn't understand all steps

Thank you!

added the following guide to original post (previous page)...

EDIT
current filename: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch.txt
rename to: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch (remove '.txt')

How can i change the file extension from txt to vao.patch.
With rename its always a txt.file.
Why you not zipping the vao.patch file.

---
for those members that are not familiar when uploading files to share to this thread... there's a few ways, one is as suggested (zip, rar, 7z) and another is to upload the file directly to the post.... however, there seems to be file-format limitations and 'vao-patch' is one of those... so it's easier to rename it (masked to txt) and then rename back to it's original format post-download. I took the liberty of cutting down the time it takes so I can keep up with this thread... lol... is that cool? thought renaming a file would have been the simplest task of all... well, a little easier than making cams...

EDIT
just read @B_Isak's post and he's right on the money... lots of assumptions can be made when reading posts - so best clarified... as is often for me, working with files tends to help if your 'extension' feature is active so that the entire filename can be seen...

Last edited:
added the following guide to original post (previous page)...

EDIT
current filename: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch.txt
rename to: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch (remove '.txt')

Thanks, i found it.

upload_2020-6-26_9-51-19.png
upload_2020-6-26_9-49-14.png

Hey fellas ...
is there any way to not make the Ai Pit after one lap?
i turned off tyre and fuel wear but still they come to pits after one lap....

doesnt happen with all cars tho.

Awesome, thanks for this. Wasn't there some kind of file swap recommended by legion for cars having a poor start, snaking left and right etc? Not sure if someone remembers.

There might be, I dont know about that, I will take a look on Legion. The AI car slow down could also be my starting grid locations for all the cars are still too close to each other and they get bogged down waiting for the cars in front of them. i know some cars are just inherently slow getting up to speed.

Further to this, I was just testing a graphics config for Autopolis and noticed that the AI cars pull away perfectly straight at the start on this track, with no swerving at all. This track doesn't have a starting_bounds.ini so I'm guessing it might be due to the AI lines?

Edit: the 'starting bounds' trick doesn't seem to work at Spa - all it does is slow some of the cars down at the start.
They *seem* to want to get on the ideal racing line immediately, so at Spa the cars on the RHS of the grid veer left immediately at the start but the cars on the LHS of the grid pull away in a straight line.
@GzeroD, what exactly does the 'starting bounds' config actually control?

Topic of speeding up cars on startup:

I noticed with the Area 51 track initially I had my starting grid 2 rows spread out quite a ways from the fast lane line. Soon as the race started they all turned in toward the fast lane line down the center of the track. I brought both rows of the starting grid in closer to the fast lane line, and that minimized both rows of cars turning in to the fast_lane line when race first starts. I will also try adding the "starting_bounds.ini" file to see if that also helps a little more.

Learn something new everyday with AC.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back