Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,489 comments
BMW M3 GTR 2001 version
original car was done by Assettogarage the 2001 version replica was done by Dragster666

Phew where the wheels on this thing hard to replace! 3Dsimmed bugged out the wheels and in 3ds max i had to figure out at what number the wheel dummies should be so that the wheels don't glitch out or go inside the body. It was frustrating definitely. Getting that out of the way
this is as close as i could come to the 2001 car on the 2005 chassis the car looks identical i used the rims from the most wanted car the front bumper sorta fits but if you look closely it kinda pops out or that it isn't attached very well i really dislike the MoTeC gauges that Assettogarage used but alright. I also detuned the car to 444 bhp what the real car was like the AG car was like 200+ bhp more.
A comparison between the 2001 car with the 2005 one.
View attachment 935154
View attachment 935155
View attachment 935156

Brilliant. Another cult car that left quite a big footprint on the early to mid 00s. Definetly a car that needs a good version for AC.

Oh boy, It is a good excuse to back to ACC.

Edit, sorry for the double post. Damn. :banghead:
By the car list, we can safely assume we are getting the complete European SRO GT4 championship in ACC. Nice, hope down the line we might get also the American and Asian version of the GT3 and GT4 championship. Not for the cars, which are basically the same, but to get the laser scanned tracks from USA and Asia.

By the car list, we can safely assume we are getting the complete European SRO GT4 championship in ACC. Nice, hope down the line we might get also the American and Asian version of the GT3 and GT4 championship. Not for the cars, which are basically the same, but to get the laser scanned tracks from USA and Asia.
If I'm not wrong, the British GT championship will be included too, with the missing tracks..

I understand your point but honestly, since ACC is out, I don't play GT3 anymore in AC. And I think I will do the same for GT4 cars as soon as they will be available in ACC.

Whatever i try ACC is always mega pixelated and stuttering, even with one car on track, just looks nasty and blurred.

I have good enough PC to run it at least with a few AI but nothing i change gets it looking any good.

Any idea of any particular settings to get it looking half decent?

The replays has ghosting and no shadows for example.

Regarding the GT4 DLC I see what you are all saying, but this is based on AC, ACC is in a different league to AC now, and bringing GT4 series to ACC pleases a lot of non GT3 (like me) drivers.

I saw the Ginetta G55 GT4, and yes I wet myself, cannot wait to see what that looks like, considering I sat in one and started it LOL

vao-patch coming your way...
rename & install in:

\assettocorsa\content\tracks\summit_point_raceway (priority given I recall)
or
\assettocorsa\extension\vao-patches

EDIT
current filename: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch.txt
rename to: summit_point_raceway.vao-patch (remove '.txt')

How do i change this to a .vao-patch file and not a .txt file. Somehow (is this a Windows thing?) I can't rename it. I can't even see that it has a dot txt extension unless I click on its properties and go into the Deatils tab but it's not renameable there.

I've renamed file extensions hundreds of times before so I'm stuck

Whatever i try ACC is always mega pixelated and stuttering, even with one car on track, just looks nasty and blurred.
I have good enough PC to run it at least with a few AI but nothing i change gets it looking any good.

I must admit that ACC is very demanding. I'm lucky enough to have a very powerful PC so almost everything is on epic at my side.
Thing that comes to my mind is to use KTAA antialiasing (FXAA is bad and TAA gives ghosting effect), I remove volumetric fog because I don't like it (and it's even more awful in VR).
I own a nvidia card and don't use extra stuff in nvidia control panel, almost everything is set as default or game-controlled parameter.
Here is my current setting, but once again, I'm not with a powerless machine. Remove stuff that are extra eye candy (foliage, mirror distance...)

Attachments

• current_config.json.txt
    972 bytes · Views: 26
How do i change this to a .vao-patch file and not a .txt file. Somehow (is this a Windows thing?) I can't rename it. I can't even see that it has a dot txt extension unless I click on its properties and go into the Deatils tab but it's not renameable there.

I've renamed file extensions hundreds of times before so I'm stuck
Check this:
upload_2020-6-26_21-15-5.png

I hate how graphics are handled too. Make sure "Texture" is set to "Epic" in graphics options. Even if you set it "High" everything gets blurry.

The small layout is just a part of the "Autopolis Oita" track (see here: https://www.racingcircuits.info/asia/japan/autopolis.html). The "Autopolis Lakeside" in Shift 1 and Shift 2 was a completely different track. I think it was a fictional circuit.

Like Teddie already posted here https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1241#post-13124662 I am sure that I once had a version of this track (Autopolis Lakeside from Shift 2) for AC. Unfortunately it seems that I have deleted it a long time ago - probably because it was rather poor. So I thought you did a conversion directly from Shift 2. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Yes i know what you mean with the 'lakeside' track, I used to race that version in GTR2. I never had the regular short Autopolis track.

Aston Martin AMR1 version 1.1
original one by KJRacing81
CSP is importantly needed
Download link: https://mega.nz/file/pEV2wATb#XU7EZh6SEcaTOz60sylmUdiTd6D6EqW_8YucLBYXmOk
(The lastest version)
New update list:
Fixed analog instruments
Fixed steering wheel Fixed driver base
Fixed camera Fixed flames Updated AO engine bay, engine and interior
Worked wiper
Added csp config
1.5 will be deleted body badge, added new skins and anymore
Discord link: https://discord.gg/cUA4tpY
View attachment 935162 View attachment 935163
Great work but unfortunately there is something wrong with AI braking in v1.1. If you take the AMR1 out to the Daytona road course, for example, you will note that the AI AMR1s cannot handle the backstraight chicane. They are either too fast there with version 1.1 or not cutting early enough. Version 1.0 of the AMR1 was fine ! Driving the car yourself is fine.

What full grid (all season championship cars) mods for AC do you know except F1 and DTM?

From the top of my head:
- GT an GTN 2003 from RSS,
- WTCR 2018 from Maki and Delpinsky or from tommy78 (very good mod pack),
- GT4 from Guerilla
- GT 500 2018, 2013, 2008
- JGTC 2000
- BTCC 2018, 2019 from Shaun Clarke
- WTCC 2017 from Ptsims,
- WTCC 2007 from Ciraceonline,
- wec, gte, gtlm 2018, 2019 from URD,
- alms DPi 2014 from IER,
- LeMans 2003 from VRC,
- DRM,
- WTCC 1987
- GT1 1997 from URD and Legion,
- TC legends from Bazza,
- prototype Legends from Bazza
- TransAm legends by Bazza and additionally Uncle M
- V8 stockcar Brasil
- V8 Australia all season 2015-2020 and 2011
- Petrobras Marcas 2018
- TC Carretera 2016
- TC2000 2017 from ACFL
- indycar 1998, 2012,2018,2020
- nascar 2018,2019
- formula 2,3,...

Surely forgot quite a few. We are also in the process of getting quite a few almost complete fields of ATCC 80s seasons and also DTM 1991. And if you do some BOPing, you can mash together over 20 other championships with at least 90% accurate liveries and cars and at least 1 driveable cars (GTO, several BTCC 90s, several DTM 90s, GT1 early 90s and mid 00s, Alms 2006 - 2013,...), and s***load of single make cup car championships.

Last edited:
Pretty much ALL cars we already have in AC thx by GUERILLA, ACFL, Shaun Clarke and Kunos themselves too, so why even bother having them all again this time as a paid DLC then? lol

Yes it is great that we have access to those mods in AC and no doubts that we might have access to even better mods when the ACC GT4’s will be available.
But, if your PC can handle it, you are cutting yourself short believing that AC with those mods are anything like what you can experience in ACC if the GT3’s are anything to be judge by.
ACC with its limited cars and track content, if you have the hardware to take advantage of it, is a step up from AC, even AC with all the toppings, if you feel like driving what ACC has to offer.
Looking forward to the new content.

Yes it is great that we have access to those mods in AC and no doubts that we might have access to even better mods when the ACC GT4’s will be available.
But, if your PC can handle it, you are cutting yourself short believing that AC with those mods are anything like what you can experience in ACC if the GT3’s are anything to be judge by.
ACC with its limited cars and track content, if you have the hardware to take advantage of it, is a step up from AC, even AC with all the toppings, if you feel like driving what ACC has to offer.
Looking forward to the new content.
Nah I personally don't care about ACC at all, I'm just fine myself with having all GT4 cars in AC regardless of their quality, they're still lot's of fun driving them for me.

From the top of my head:
- GT an GTN 2003 from RSS,
- WTCR 2018 from Maki and Delpinsky or from tommy78 (very good mod pack),
- BTCC 2018, 2019 from Shaun Clarke
- WTCC 2017 from Ptsims,
- WTCC 2007 from Ciraceonline,
- wec, gte, gtlm 2018, 2019 from URD,
- alms DPi 2014 from IER,
- LeMans 2003 from VRC,
- DRM,
- WTCC 1987
- GT1 1997 from URD and Legion,
- TC legends from Bazza,
- prototype Legends from Bazza
- TransAm legends by Bazza and additionally Uncle M
- V8 stockcar Brasil
- V8 Australia all season 2015-2020 and 2011
- Petrobras Marcas 2018
- TC Carretera 2016
- TC2000 2017 from ACFL
- indycar 1998, 2012,2018,2020
- nascar 2018,2019
- formula 2,3,...

Surely forgot quite a few. We are also in the process of getting quite a few almost complete fields of ATCC 80s seasons and also DTM 1991. And if you do some BOPing, you can mash together over 20 other championships with at least 90% accurate liveries and cars and at least 1 driveable cars (GTO, several BTCC 90s, several DTM 90s, GT1 early 90s and mid 00s, Alms 2006 - 2013,...), and s***load of single make cup car championships.

hey mate from where the wtcc 87 season?

Nah I personally don't care about ACC at all, I'm just fine myself with having all GT4 cars in AC regardless of their quality, they're still lot's of fun driving them for me.

Then all is well in your world and like you I am also having a lot of fun with all the GT4 cars in AC, particularly at Oulton, and probably will for a while.:cheers:

I've seen someone convert the Tsukuba track from GT Sport and Willow Springs is supposed to be in that game as well.
The track they are working on sounds very promising from what you've told me, but I hope it'll be good graphics wise as well. I'm not expecting GT Sport detail, just that it doesn't look like a cartoon. And track accuracy will be very much appreciated.

For the level of quality that VRC puts out don't worry it'll be top notch. I have supplied them with tons of data, pictures, and videos from my time at the track. Last week they sent me a test version of the track and while it's missing all of the visual cues... the track itself feels darn near perfect. Truly excited for the final product. Here's a few teasers of where it's at currently.

wsir_test.png

wsir_test2.png

hey mate from where the wtcc 87 season?
Well you have to experiment a little bit. There were 3 cars that officially ran the season (Alfa 75 Turbo, BMW m3 e30, Ford Sierra RS500, who paid 60.000 USD per car, so the cars could get points), in addition to those there were at least 10 different cars running on some circuits and were quite competitive, even winning races, but were not getting points. So your base is this skinpack for the three cars that were collecting points:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/1987-wtcc-skinpack.19926/

This is 21 cars and is quite a nice field on itself. The links to cars are in the download folder, but these are outdated. I recommend you take the wrongly named dtm pack from ACR Facebook group:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/403042269883364/?ref=group_browse

You'll get 4 cars (Mercedes 190e in addition to three needed), that are same cars but updated and BOPed together. To fill the field, you can either add a couple of the Mercedeses from the pack, sadly didn't find the correct liveries. These ran a few races in Europe or add some cars from atcc pack (nicely BOPed to the ones mentioned before), like couple of Holden Commodores (Peter Brock and Allan Moffat were quite competitive, especially in Australia and New Zealand races, but also in Europe, Moffat won in Monza) and couple of Nissan Skylines R31:

http://assettomods.com/atcc-group-a-pack-beta-v1-3/

And you have a nice full pack. Extremely fun to drive with almost all the cars. A little BOP may be needed, but they can run nicely even without.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back