Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,489 comments
Heres a .kn5 of willow with a Normal Map on the ground texture

just drop it into the main big willow directory, and launch the track, it wont work for the 'real' variation. You can give it a try and let me know what you thing.

For those that don't have to time or bandwidth to download etc, here is a YouTube video of it in 'action'

How hard would I have to twist your arm to attempt Streets of Willow or better yet Chuckwalla Valley Raceway?

this is a officlal mod Hankook by kronos event unfortunately and a private mod that year commissioned them

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

For what it's worth, I bought this mod for £50 and was told i can give it to 4 other people... super fun car and mod.
car.JPG

Last edited:
What say you, my friend? Is this a good version of the 2001 BMW M3 GTR?
Haven't done much driving, but compared to the display I have in the version from AG (updated Assettoland) version:

old.png

there seems to be a small issue with the new one, where the gear indicator digit shows only the top part:

new.png

It also does not light up.
Maybe it's just a shaders thing ?

Also I'm curious why the front was changed. The AG/AL version was (almost) exactly like the real model:

BMW-M3-GTR-3.jpg

AG/AL model:

ag_al.png

Even the wheels were correct (made mine dark).

Wheel tire comparison:
AG/AL version (original rim colour)

AG2.png

New (Dragster) version (don't know what happened to these tires ?)

dragster.png

Also the shark fin antenna was present in the real (and AG/AL) and removed in the new version.

The AG/AL model (444 whp vs 444 bhp) seems to be too fast. It takes over 7" on a 5 km track in comparison to the "new" version, but I need to check that versus RL.
New one has yellow lights, old one has white lights.

Edit: took them both to Yatabe Test track for speed test:
Top speed of the new version is 266 km/h (01:10:975) over 259.8 km/h (01:12:138) for the AG/AL version. This while on a 'normal' circuit the AG/AL version is faster.

Edit: as it seems Dragster wanted to replicate the 2001 model while the AG version is younger. So the comparison is unnecessary.
Still, the things I pointed out (display and tires) need some attention.

Last edited:
Whatever i try ACC is always mega pixelated and stuttering, even with one car on track, just looks nasty and blurred.

I have good enough PC to run it at least with a few AI but nothing i change gets it looking any good.

Any idea of any particular settings to get it looking half decent?

The replays has ghosting and no shadows for example.

The following might help you...

C:\Users\%username&\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Engine.ini

[ConsoleVariables]
r.TemporalACCatmullRom=1
r.TemporalAAPauseCorrect=1
r.TemporalAASamples=8 ,or 4
r.Tonemapper.Sharpen=0.5
r.TemporalAASharpen=0.2
r.TemporalAADynamicSharpen=0.2
r.temporalaacurrentframeweight=0.2
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1

Just wow. Project cars 3 is gonna be one "serious" sim. Waiting for them to announce that they are ditchingand the cockpit view. You know, cause chase cam is the only way to really appreciate these excellent cars and their upgrades:

"Nick Pope: Principal Vehicle Handling Designer: So, for example, by removing tyre wear and fuel usage, we could in turn remove pitstops, which resulted in much closer and more consistent racing. Thus, the whole process of getting to the part that matters most—the actual racing and driving of these amazing cars and their upgrades—became a far easier and more streamlined affair. All these game design decisions have had great results in terms of the racing— with the tyres at their optimal range all the time and fuel at optimal load, there is no break in the action to stop for more fuel or new rubber. It’s pure racing action, and it’s just made Project CARS 3 into a much better racing-driver experience."

Just wow. Project cars 3 is gonna be one "serious" sim. Waiting for them to announce that they are ditchingand the cockpit view. You know, cause chase cam is the only way to really appreciate these excellent cars and their upgrades:

"Nick Pope: Principal Vehicle Handling Designer: So, for example, by removing tyre wear and fuel usage, we could in turn remove pitstops, which resulted in much closer and more consistent racing. Thus, the whole process of getting to the part that matters most—the actual racing and driving of these amazing cars and their upgrades—became a far easier and more streamlined affair. All these game design decisions have had great results in terms of the racing— with the tyres at their optimal range all the time and fuel at optimal load, there is no break in the action to stop for more fuel or new rubber. It’s pure racing action, and it’s just made Project CARS 3 into a much better racing-driver experience."
Well we know they haven't done that but the rest is a disappointment. Horrible decision making on this one. We know in this day and age that anything can be changed through updates but not a good look so far.
upload_2020-6-26_18-2-7.png

How hard would I have to twist your arm to attempt Streets of Willow or better yet Chuckwalla Valley Raceway?

For what it's worth, I bought this mod for £50 and was told i can give it to 4 other people... super fun car and mod.
View attachment 935240
Looks very cool! I've been to the FunCup Spa 25 Hours multiple times, and it's such a great sight seeing 120+ FunCups streaming through Eau Rouge. Also they seem like they're real fun cars to drive, oversteery yet easy to catch!

Yes it is great that we have access to those mods in AC and no doubts that we might have access to even better mods when the ACC GT4’s will be available.
But, if your PC can handle it, you are cutting yourself short believing that AC with those mods are anything like what you can experience in ACC if the GT3’s are anything to be judge by.
ACC with its limited cars and track content, if you have the hardware to take advantage of it, is a step up from AC, even AC with all the toppings, if you feel like driving what ACC has to offer.
Looking forward to the new content.

If I'm correct, AC tire model has only one point contact patch, that's why cars are more easily spin out when running over some types of curbs. ACC has five points contact patch to better simulate flexing rubber.

On first release, ACC had the same problem with AC especially on curbs before they updated the tire to five points contact patch

Last edited:
Haven't done much driving, but compared to the display I have in the version from AG (updated Assettoland) version:

View attachment 935249

there seems to be a small issue with the new one, where the gear indicator digit shows only the top part:

View attachment 935248

Also I'm curious why the front was changed. The AG/AL version was (almost) exactly like the real model:

View attachment 935254

AG/AL model:

View attachment 935256

Also the shark fin antenna was present in the real (and AG/AL) and removed in the new version.

The AG/AL model (444 whp vs 444 bhp) seems to be too fast. It takes over 7" on a 5 km track in comparison to the "new" version, but I need to check that versus RL.

Top speed of the new version is 266 km/h (01:10:975) over 259.8 km/h (01:12:138) for the AG/AL version. This while on a 'normal' circuit the AG/AL version is faster.
the AG version is the 2005 version different car it looks different. the 2001 version doesn't have lights on the bumper and the overall shape looks different.
2005 ver
BMW-M3_GTR_mp2_pic_19719.jpg

2001 ver
2001_BMW_M3GTR3.jpg

the panels on the 2001 version are bigger than the 2005 version.
the rear was also different
2005 ver
__custom_showroom_1593209709.jpg

8ff5c5ebbdbbe7a3cfb6aedbbe4cd4bb.jpg

the 2001 version doesn't have the weird back light and that stuff under the back forgot what it was called. Nor an Antenna.
Also the 2001 version used BBS rims. Not sure what rims the 2005 ver used.
This is a variant not an update.

View attachment 935249

View attachment 935248

View attachment 935254

AG/AL model:

View attachment 935256

Wheel tire comparison:
AG/AL version (original rim colour)

AG2.png

New (Dragster) version (don't know what happened to these tires ?)

dragster.png

bmw-withdraws-m3-gtr-from-2002-alms.jpg

It's pretty accurate to the 2001 car used in ALMS...
Frontsplitter with the air-dam in the middle... Rims... Even the tinted headlights... So yeah. Good effort, I'd say?

31e1toywblmy.jpg

Hey,

Did you guys notice if you can hear the rain hitting the windshield?I noticed that on the previous version of Sol/CSP I could hear it and now I can't. Just thunders.

the AG version is the 2005 version different car it looks different. the 2001 version doesn't have lights on the bumper and the overall shape looks different.

the 2001 version doesn't have the weird back light and that stuff under the back forgot what it was called. Nor an Antenna.
Also the 2001 version used BBS rims. Not sure what rims the 2005 ver used.
This is a variant not an update.

My AG version shows year 2001, so I probably need to change that.
I haven't done much searching but I found the pic (included in my earlier post) here:
http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/bmw-e46-m3-gtr where it also says 2001. Don't know if that info is correct.

So the AG is supposed to be the 2004 (2005 ?) version:
https://www.car.info/en-se/spot/291143

and what you wanted to achieve is bringing the 2001 version right ?

@Bjorn_G
Even some 2001 models had white headlights: https://www.supercars.net/blog/2001-bmw-m3-gtr-2/ and when yellow, it's the headlight covers that were tinted.
Is it a good effort then ? Yes...but it needs some more work imo.

Last edited:
Hey,

Did you guys notice if you can hear the rain hitting the windshield?I noticed that on the previous version of Sol/CSP I could hear it and now I can't. Just thunders.
Nope, it is temporarily disabled with the current version of CSP, it will be back in future updates.

My AG version shows year 2001, so I probably need to change that.
I haven't done much searching but I found the pic (included in my earlier post) here:
http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/bmw-e46-m3-gtr where it also says 2001. Don't know if that info is correct.

@Bjorn_G
Even some 2001 models had white headlights: https://www.supercars.net/blog/2001-bmw-m3-gtr-2/ and when yellow, it's the headlight covers that were tinted.
yes the AG one is the 2005 version which was also ripped from forza 4 forza 4 and GTR 2 used the 2005 model Most wanted, Gran Turismo 4 , r racing evolution and Total immersion racing used the 2001 version. Which i tried to recreate on the 2005 chassis IMO the reolica is pretty solid to the 2001 version minus the non skinnable front bumper.

My AG version shows year 2001.

@Bjorn_G

tech-racingcars.wikidot - that is wrong. Simple as that, that is not the 2001-car.

Roughly put, the 2001 spec, or kit is ALMS. Therefore it has tinted headlights, because that was mandatory for GT-cars. GT cars' headlights were tinted yellow - prototypes were not. Simple regulations.

Later on the car was famous through GT endurance races such as Spa 24H and VLN-races - that was the 2004-2005 kit. That's how I'd put it at least...

If you want to be super-anal about it all, the E46 debuted in 2000... But not as the GTR - it still had the 3.2 L inline six engine then.

Now, we have both the late kit and the early kit, thanks to dragster.
@dragster666 would you mind if I converted it for personal use for rF2?

Last edited:
tech-racingcars.wikidot - that is wrong. Simple as that, that is not the 2001-car.

Roughly put, the 2001 spec, or kit is ALMS. Therefore it has tinted headlights, because that was mandatory for GT-cars. GT cars' headlights were tinted yellow - prototypes were not. Simple regulations.

Later on the car was famous through GT endurance races such as Spa 24H and VLN-races - that was the 2004-2005 kit. That's how I'd put it at least...

If you want to be super-anal about it all, the E46 debuted in 2000... But not as the GTR - it still had the 3.2 L inline six engine then.

Now, we have both the late kit and the early kit, thanks to dragster.
@dragster666 would you mind if I converted it for personal use for rF2?
yeah sure

Yet again, pCars drops the ball. Third release and not one of them is (or will be) a proper sim.

Autopolis from NFS v2.0

I once worked on this track in the days of GTR2.
Now I got my version into AC.
I think it's better than the others that are around.
View attachment 934290 View attachment 934291
Removed lots trees and other objects that do not exist in real life.
Edited a lot of materials: trees, roads, grass, buildings, windows.
Created a new collision wall.
Changed many sponsors to Japanese sponsors.
Expanded grid and pits to 45 cars.
Used VAO from the older version.
Added grass FX.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/9g5hvh8mxflyesu/Autopolis_NFS_by_Zwiss_v2.0.zip/file

Please let me know if things can be improved, I am still learning about AC shaders etc.

Thanks for cleaning this up, If I remember this track had a lot of weird mixed sponsorship billboards, looked like things where just thrown together without much thought, SPEED Channel, NOS, Vodafone etc.,

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back