Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,859 comments
Since for some unknown reason you seem to be speaking for those attacking him I'll help you. Taking his side because noone else does, except the moderator here, and because I don't scare bullies. The rest of your text is just typical nonsense trying to excuse bullying, nothing new.
What exactly is HarrisHawk's side? Asking the same questions over and over again?

As moderator daan stated, there is nothing inherently wrong with HarrisHawk's inquiry. And I agree. No one immediately "bullied" him. GTP members kindly responded to his initial inquiries (e.g. we don't have the cars, or we don't have access to website database, or avoid these crap cars). But yet he continues to ask. And now it's annoying. I'm one of the users that found it annoying and responded. And that's the end of it for me. I have no intention to keep "bullying" him. I'll just ignore him if he continues to ask the same question.

Auto24ring v1.5. - updated by Zwiss

This track was made from scratch by mcarno. (original at RD)

I loved the look and feel of this track from the start, but it was almost unplayable, especially in practice or qualifying mode:
cars leaving the pits would almost freeze the track , because of the very complex armco meshes that were all collision objects.

Made a brand new collision wall, to reduce CPU strain.
Made the single tires unsettle you, but not kill you.
Moved timing objects to avoid laps not counting.
Made new pitlane ai.
Removed 3D grass (CSP grass instead)
Increased pit places and grid spots to 30
Changed ini file: no grass where sand should be :)
Added windows to pitbuilding.
Fixed control tower windows.

Hope you like it.
Please feel free to give advice or tips to improve it more.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/bcqy4..._v1.5_by_mcarno_and_updated_by_ZWISS.rar/file

View attachment 933578
Thanks very much for these updates.
Here's a track skin to darken the vegetation, trees and grass and add some darkening, texture and grime to all the bright pristine adboards. Their mapping extents were a little hard to determine so I was a little limited with what I could do.
I also scaled quite a few of the 4k textures down to reduce the file size, as this track was already a very large file. If you think these texture tweaks are any good then feel free to roll them into an update as the defaults - they'll reduce the overall size of the download.
Let me know in advance if you decide to do this - I've updated the two big environmental DDS files but didn't include them in this skin as they're over 25mb each.

Screenshot_greddy_s15_silvia_rbta_zw_auto24ring_29-6-120-13-33-10.jpg
Screenshot_greddy_s15_silvia_rbta_zw_auto24ring_29-6-120-13-33-58.jpg
Screenshot_greddy_s15_silvia_rbta_zw_auto24ring_29-6-120-13-35-1.jpg

https://www.mediafire.com/file/csqwywvb083g324/auto24ring_track_skin.7z/file

Last edited:
Thanks so much again for another update.

Every time I see another, I have to make some time to sit down and review your suggestions versus what I have installed, and again, I always end up with better versions.

A couple of things I noted (as I'm sure others have)
You suggest a Knockhill 2017, which as two layouts, but unfortunately, the MEGA download is no longer available.

Kyalami 2016 isn't mentioned
One of THE BEST mods available for AC, as good or better than Kunos tracks. Prototype_ went above and beyond to create this mod as he went to the track to take reference photos. For an AC version, it's about as good as the version in ACC.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/kyalami-2016.29786/

Whoops, I usually check the download links first but I forgot this time but someone posted a new link for Knockhill2017 a couple pages back so I’ll fix that. (And now I see the post right above this one posted a link as well)

As for Kyalami 2016, I mentioned in another post that I didn’t include that one in this because it technically doesn’t have another track that it duplicates. It and 67 are much better quality than the two tracks mentioned here but neither of them have the same layout as each other so they aren’t duplicates of each other, and neither has the same layout as the ones reviewed here so they aren’t duplicates of them either.

The project is about discussing which track is the better one to download when you’ve got more than one option for a particular track and I decided at the beginning that layouts that have changed over the years wouldn’t be considered the same track, since adding a chicane here and removing a corner there fundamentally changes the track. It doesn’t make the newer version bad, it just doesn’t make it a duplicate of the old track.

When the duplicate project started it was just a way for me to weed out the bad duplicate tracks and determine which one to keep. When I finish the Zs I’m probably going to do a “best of AC mods” review series which will include a list and my impressions of just the best of the best quality mods and Kyalami 2016 would definitely be included there because it’s one of the best mod tracks out. I hope that sparks some discussion and helps me find new tracks I don’t know about too since I’m sure there’s great tracks out there I don’t know about.

I don’t know enough about the cars side of AC modding to tackle the same duplicate project for cars, but I think it would be really valuable to the community if someone else better suited to it did that because man, there’s a lot of duplicate cars out there and I’d love some help weeding out the garbage there!

just want to make sure that everyone knows I didn’t mean any offense in forgetting to mention Kyalami 2016 here in this project, I didn’t forget, it just doesn’t apply here.
Yup, that was me. I mentioned Kyalami 2016. But I forgot about the purpose of gutbomb's project. To masscot's suggestion, maybe have a separate thread for this project.

Yup, that was me. I mentioned Kyalami 2016. But I forgot about the purpose of gutbomb's project. To masscot's suggestion, maybe have a separate thread for this project.

i did think about splitting it off into another thread but I worry that might end up splintering the discussion that I hope each post generates. Fewer people might see it because this thread is the epicenter of this community. Then the discussions sparked from the reviews would happen in the other thread and not here and then we’ve got two modding discussion threads and things just splinter from there. That was my rationale for keeping it in this thread anyway. Is that incorrect? (I don’t mind being told I’m wrong)

Cannot lie, I'm always a little disappointed when a modder decides to start charging the community for their work instead of just accepting voluntary donations. It seems to signal a shift in attitude from doing it for fun to milking it as a source of revenue.

He is doing it the correct way IMO, fair price structure, scratch made and not using actual real world names and has free cars to see how good he is...its an instant buy for me.

Thanks for the appreciation Fana.
Curitiba is a pine cone in the ass. There will be updates, but the track remains bumpy.

Curvelo could go further, trees are a problem.

Too kind ;)

@CdnTDog, thanks for the support and for this fantastic video

Since you started to upload your AMS ports you've given me more pleasure than I can remember sim racing in some time. In the main, Shaun's Radical has been the weapon of choice. But I must add my son and I have had real fun as Senna/Prost driving these shagged out Brazilian circuits - It even inspired me to buy a copy of AMS2 (AMS stands gathering dust) - Don't knock it boys, I'd rate it as the best driving experience (fun) in a sim @ the moment, even better than ACC imho.... The Rocco 001 @ Jerez is addictive on my DD1 using a custom profile for the wheel.... the feeling of tyres scrubbing out as you push the car as hard as you can.... Anyway, will always remain an AC fanboy while these mods go on filling up hard drive after hard drive... Thank you -VheEth & a thank you to CdnTDog, you just earned a sub;)

Car guys, can you do me a favor. I use this bmw 320 Judd for hillclimbs, but the windshield has started to annoy me. I'm trying to remove the banner and the tint below the banner. I just keep screwing it up. If you could help, I'd appreciate it. If you don't already have the car, enjoy. Download from my googly drive.

upload_2020-6-29_10-47-11.png

Hello there, I wonder if anyone knows anything about existence of Le Mans 2011 Peugeot and Audi LMP1 car mods. I mean these specific, 2011 models. I am aware of the Audi r18 being part of this, and about Forza models of Peugeot 908 form 2007/09.

:eek: then there was something wrong with your install.. you cannot miss the difference.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1334#post-13148321

..not only grass, grass in different heights.. flowers, bushes, other plants.
that is why i added the screenshot with the bushes in front. ^^

lol, I actually didn't test the track before installing your grassfx since your fix came so quickly after the release of the track, that's why I don't know the difference.

Since for some unknown reason you seem to be speaking for those attacking him I'll help you. Taking his side because noone else does, except the moderator here, and because I don't scare bullies. The rest of your text is just typical nonsense trying to excuse bullying, nothing new.

You know what? At least some of us helped him. You not.

At the begining, we provided him some links and opinions. Me included! The link that @xezex posted a few posts earlier, it was given to him a few weeks ago. He even PM'd me and we had chat about some cars and I shared with him a few mods. I have the chat in my Inbox profile. He has it too.

But, as everything in life, enough is enough!

Therefore, no need to come like a 'White Knight - 'Defender of the Weak'. He is not and we are glad to help him, as long as he asks something different.
Or it will look like making fun of us.

My english is far from good, so I have some dificulty to express some things.

Matter closed!

Car guys, can you do me a favor. I use this bmw 320 Judd for hillclimbs, but the windshield has started to annoy me. I'm trying to remove the banner and the tint below the banner. I just keep screwing it up. If you could help, I'd appreciate it. If you don't already have the car, enjoy. Download from my googly drive.

View attachment 935998

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hvucr8uffyl1vn6/bmw_320_v8_judd_2006.7z/file

Removed blue tinted part. I know the real car had this but I suppose it can be annoying in the game. That was a 2 second fix and I don't want to rip the car to pieces just to remove the sun strip. I'm sure if you ask Dan nicely, he would sort it out for you 👍

You know what? At least some of us helped him. You not.

At the begining, we provided him some links and opinions. Me included! The link that @xezex posted a few posts earlier, it was given to him a few weeks ago. He even PM'd me and we had chat about some cars and I shared with him a few mods. I have the chat in my Inbox profile. He has it too.

But, as everything in life, enough is enough!

Therefore, no need to come like a 'White Knight - 'Defender of the Weak'. He is not and we are glad to help him, as long as he asks something different.
Or it will look like making fun of us.

My english is far from good, so I have some dificulty to express some things.

Matter closed!

Yeah, you don't tell anybody here when matters are closed, not your call. Also I don't need your, or anybody else's, permission to defend someone who has been unfairly and wrongly treated.

You people could simply add him to your ignore list and you would never see his posts again, simples. He doesn't brake any rules so he doesn't have to stop doing what he's been doing.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/hvucr8uffyl1vn6/bmw_320_v8_judd_2006.7z/file

Removed blue tinted part. I know the real car had this but I suppose it can be annoying in the game. That was a 2 second fix and I don't want to rip the car to pieces just to remove the sun strip. I'm sure if you ask Dan nicely, he would sort it out for you 👍

I appreciate ya, norms. I didn't even realize that was a Dan B car. I'll ping him on FB for the banner piece. The removal of the tint that you did will make things much better for my old eyes. Thanks!

It's a replica of the Fiat Abarth 1000 TCR. The Fiat group (owner of the Abarth brand) being one of the most protective manufacturer about licensing rights (they also own Ferrari-Maserati-Alfa Romeo-Lancia), releasing it under a fake name was mandatory ;)

Sorry, unpierrot was faster :D

late night TED-EDiT :P

Found some issues with ACF's Autódromo El Zonda, pits were sharing road naming conventions, breaking pit functionality.

TED-EDiTS: Renamed pit-lane surface objects to fix broken pits ● Added VAO patch

Teddie, dumb question, but this is the full track, or just have to drop the files inside the track folder?

Cheers

hello guy search for Assetto Corsa
Col de Turini

exists ? someone realized it ? thanks for the kind help

There's several different versions available, all of which have their issues and I'm not sure any of them are faithful to the actual road layout.

This one is my favourite in terms of functionality, there's a link in the comments (make sure you get the both links as it looks rubbish without the extra shaders):

Here's my additional AI/Data folders that add a basic AI line and map for both the forward and reverse layouts. Just rename from .txt to .rar when you download.

Attachments

• Turini.txt
    3.6 MB · Views: 38
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back