Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Thanks for your help.
In the end I had to select vertices on just one part of the car, THEN select the whole car, THEN hit 'tab' to launch 'edit mode' where all vertices are now highlighted.
Very weird, never had to do that before, even using the same unpacked kn5. Seems I had to trick Blender into being in 'vertices' mode first for some reason, which makes no sense at all.
Must make a note for future reference.

Maybe it's beacuse the first "click" doesn't make the selected object become the "active" one. This is more evident right after you import something into Blender and you use A to deselect stuff. It's one of those Blender (at least 2.7x) quirks it seems

Do you have the fonts installed?
I forgot to install it with the car
Thanks man
Juste an other thing
With the NSX evo and the NSX Endu I can see the complete interface when i turned on the light
Did you know how to solve this ?

Bad News :(

Somebody left me in a room with CSP for too long.

20200703153303_1.jpg

20200703153015_1.jpg
20200703152932_1.jpg
20200703153116_1.jpg

Good News :)

Final touches to Mallory park will be done over the weekend and it will be available to everybody on RD sometime this week :)

20200701090047_1.jpg

HONDA NSX GT3 2016: SPRINT/ENDURANCE — HONDA NSX GT3 EVO 2019: SPRINT/ENDURANCE ACC

GTPlanet-Modding-Team.jpg

It took us longer than expected, but eventually, what was left of the original team tried to gather together to release the whole package! Enjoy guys! :cheers:

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.4 **PLEASE DELETE THE OLD CAR FOLDER!

— added Racelogic VBOX LapTimer Delta-V LEDs working
— added Racelogic VBOX LapTimer pages: Laptime, Delta, Speed
— added Lumirank DRIVER ID
— added MOTEC LCD Pit pop-up
— added new MOTEC LCD and Racelogic VBOX LapTimer fonts
— added PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map (Thanks to Stereo https://www.racedepartment.com/members/stereo.9613/)
— added seatbelts OFF/ON
— fixed issue with Pleds not working on IMSA cars
— fixed issue with taillights missing OFF_COLOR
— tweaked IMSA cars lights textures
— flashing lights now working also on IMSA cars
— tweaked some materials
— tweaked some textures
— tweaked emissive lights values
— added audio adjustments in ext_config.ini
— reworked RPM bar
— further physics/aero adjustments

** to access to Racelogic VBOX LapTimer pages, you need to bind Content Manager > Settings > Assetto Corsa > Controls: Extra Option B key/button.

** open VBOX_LapTimer_Delta-V_Leds.jpg to understand the logic of DELTA-V LEDs.

** for the PerPixelMultiMap with Emissive map shader to work correctly in-game, you need to copy the folders inside "ksPPMM_emissive" to your AssettoCorsa folder.

** Lumirank DRIVER ID will appear automatically. If you want to customize DRIVER ID letters, use the TEMPLATE inside the folder "Lumirank DRIVER ID Template". White color letters for PRO, blue color letters for PRO/AM and orange letters for AM. If you create a new skin, don't forget to edit the skin ext_config.ini accordingly, hiding the DRIVER IDs you don't need. Follow the examples written in "Lumirank_ext_config_skins.txt".

CHANGELOG: HONDA NSX GT3 EVO, SPRINT/ENDURANCE

V1.0

— added all the features present in the NSX GT3 V1.4

DOWNLOAD: LINK

With the NSX evo and the NSX Endu I can see the complete interface when i turned on the light

View attachment 937077

Some of my personal best "just for fun racing" cars have been updated. Don't know if it's just the new skins, or there are other changes aswell. The v8 Brutes UTE Australian trucks. Part of an ongoing 50 years Ford vs Holden rivalry down under. If you haven't tried it yet, this is so different and so much fun. You basically drive the corners with the throttle to fight understeer entry and oversteer exit. Good cars to learn this techniques:

http://assettomods.com/v8-brutes-v1...sAbEPt_1eG02WMEqMs6Om_cFOHFbICZtQ_rniDizB-9fk

Titanic_scomparsa1-768x512.jpg

Well thanks.
It is addictive. This game within a game stuff is all well and good but if you're not careful, AC increasingly becomes less of a driving game and more of a cars and race tracks collectables experience, where instead of spending time driving them, you just fiddle endlessly with numbers inside of settings menus and config files instead :D.

So maybe Minecraft, and a bit of Pokemon (Gotta catch download 'em all), and I don't know much games with playing with numbers so... Microsoft Excel, or Quicken.

Too late......... I just found myself adding smoke/steam to a burger van...... no going back from that...

Huh, I'll tell you how, download a model from gamemodels or other websites and put it straight into the game without any clue about what you are doing and you will have any car you want but looking that bad, I'm still amazed by the fact that someone thinks those look good

Oh ok.. I'm not an expert about it :eek: But the McLaren GT not seems so bad. The model and details seems ok.. in front of my eyes (repeat I'm not an expert) it seems very good.

Last edited:
There's this version of Trial Mountain, but the last time I drove it, it just didn't have the feel and impact that I'm getting from this release of Deep Forest.

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/trial-mountain.2348/

AI line for the reverse version of Trial Mountain 0.2 plus VAO patch:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-lines-for-trial-mountain-reverse-plus-vao.34164/

Track is kind of fun, IMO, despite the flaws. The pits stalls are too close together for long wheelbase cars like Formula Hybrids. If they would ghost, it probably wouldn't be a problem. So far I found one hole off the front straight near pit wall...doh.

AI line for the reverse version of Trial Mountain 0.2 plus VAO patch:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ai-lines-for-trial-mountain-reverse-plus-vao.34164/

Track is kind of fun, IMO, despite the flaws. The pits stalls are too close together for long wheelbase cars like Formula Hybrids. If they would ghost, it probably wouldn't be a problem. So far I found one hole off the front straight near pit wall...doh.

Apparently Trial Mountain is getting a major face lift in Gran Turismo 7. A talented track modder could probably get close to this, or some day, maybe someone will eventually rip it, but that could be a couple of years.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt7-trial-mountain-differences-20200614/

Brand new to the game. What are the best CART and IndyCar cars and tracks available to download? Been out of pc gaming for years.

For CART, there is nothing that you will want to try (please don't pay for any paymods they are **** quality and steal others' work) except for VRC's Formula NA, which is really good. Probably the best one.

I am still chipping away at a multi-season CART mod:
2534252.png

There are modern IndyCar mods available from various sources which you can search for.

Sorry for the dumb question, but what's the difference between the NSX EVO and Evo Endurance?
The endurance versions have the extra endurance lights, and afaik that’s all...
Unless they also have a bigger fuel tank, haven’t checked yet.

iks
For CART, there is nothing that you will want to try (please don't pay for any paymods they are **** quality and steal others' work) except for VRC's Formula NA, which is really good. Probably the best one.

2534252.png

There are modern IndyCar mods available from various sources which you can search for.

Actually just purchased the VRC CART/IndyCar pack....... sucker for CART stuff...... What else can you recommend?

Brand new to the game. What are the best CART and IndyCar cars and tracks available to download? Been out of pc gaming for years.

RSS's Indycars are the best. VRC is pretty good, but I've never felt the physics were right. You can find skins on Race Department that update them to match real-life liveries, tires, steering wheel graphics, etc.

Excellent version of Road America
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.32732/

VRC have pretty good versions of Barber Motorsports Park and Texas Motor Speedway-- they're pay mods, but reasonable for what you get. They have different names and the signage isn't real, but you can find skins on Race Department with more realistic billboards and signage.
Scroll down for the links.
https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/by_simulator/Assetto Corsa

As for VRC's cars, excellent models, but as Randy Pobst would say, they're way too "assy" (prone to oversteer).

There's also great, updated free versions of Sonoma and Watkins Glen. You'll have to search for them, or someone here might have a recent link that's working.

iks

2534252.png

Is that the SimDream '95 car or is there another 90's indycar released that I don't know about?

NOTE: don't buy the SimDream '95 Indycar. Or any SimDream stuff. They take freely available mods and sell them as their own.

Rss America 2020. And then it ends. Maybe URD 2012,but it's not on paar with rss 2020 and VRC 2018 and 1999

I agree with ales100i. I have both Rss America 2020 and the (VRC NA 2018 & VRC NA 1999) f1 mods. I kind of lean a little toward the Rss for fun of driving but VRC is not bad either. There are skins for both the VRC mods to make the teams. They are all pay mods and they are good enough for me. all the mods come with an OVAL or ROAD TRACK car selection.

Tracks for CART or INDYCAR, you just have to online search for the particular track name, there is no one place that has them all. There are also Oval tracks to make a complete Indycar season. I have all the tracks for doing a 1999 season and a more modern season. I dont know where I found them all, but they are available.

The thing that iks is probably talking about is SIMDREAM that has been getting mods from other modders and selling them as their own design. RSS and VRC are very good and are their own designs.

I am a big Indycar fan cause I did go to Road America and Milwaukee Mile every year with a friend. Also went to Michigan one year.

Last edited:
Forgot to post this a couple of weeks ago.

(not my video)

It makes me very happy! When the AC came out, I was somewhat disappointed that there was no clickability of the cockpit. After all, it worked in NetCarPro ...
Now I wonder - where can I find instructions on how to do this in my mod?
And the second question is whether it is possible to switch of modes of dashboard logger indicator, as it was in NetCarPro?

Amazing work but I have a problem the there is no digital instumentation
View attachment 937133
did you know how to solve this ?
Did you install the fonts included?
Don't forget you need to install the folder "fonts" as well as the shader files included in their folder, if you didn't already. 👍

What do you mean by "I can see the complete interface?"
Can you show me your problem with a screenshot?

RSS's Indycars are the best. VRC is pretty good, but I've never felt the physics were right. You can find skins on Race Department that update them to match real-life liveries, tires, steering wheel graphics, etc.

Excellent version of Road America
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/road-america.32732/

VRC have pretty good versions of Barber Motorsports Park and Texas Motor Speedway-- they're pay mods, but reasonable for what you get. They have different names and the signage isn't real, but you can find skins on Race Department with more realistic billboards and signage.
Scroll down for the links.
https://vrc-modding-team.net/show/by_simulator/Assetto Corsa

As for VRC's cars, excellent models, but as Randy Pobst would say, they're way too "assy" (prone to oversteer).

There's also great, updated free versions of Sonoma and Watkins Glen. You'll have to search for them, or someone here might have a recent link that's working.

Thank you very much for the information.... I did acquire the vrc indycar package. Loving the 1999 CART Champcar.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back