Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,504 comments
I don't tbh but as I don't have a top spec system (I'm not using the term potato cause it's not apparently but it's not the best) I have to make do without TA and all that other stuff. If I can run maximum world details and 16x AF and still get 65fps I'm happy with that.
If you have an Nvidia card have you tried going in your nvidia 3d settings and just maxing everything to High quality and maximum performance?

Whilst attempting to fix an issue spotted by @Teddie I've merged all of the updates, textures (@Mike08 ), baloons (@Masscot ) into a new file for Willow Springs. I hope you all think it's looking better than ever. I'll stick it on RD at the same point as Mallory Park sometime this week, I just need to take some nicer screenshots of both tracks to promote them properly.

View attachment 937627 View attachment 937628 View attachment 937629 View attachment 937630 View attachment 937631
link to the black arrow skins?

Yesterday. the announcers made mention of a "brand new" track for the Xfinity (NASCAR Jr.) race, even though it was patently the same exact layout that the Indy cars had raced on a couple of hours before. There have been several variants of the infield 'road course' since it was built for the U.S. GP in 2000 (I believe), all of which have used the long, wide, North-South straight in the middle of the facility. Most of the layouts have been clockwise.

@ Paulo Ribeiro: That one's from 2013. The prob with most of the Indy variants I've tried (at least the ovals), is the AI; either poorly done or non-existent. The oval is a narrow ribbon of asphalt (as the NASCAR drivers have complained) and you need really consistent AI to keep them out of your lane at 240 mph (385 kph).

There was a version of Indy posted on Race Dept but was taken down which I think it was called Indianapolis 2013 and I downloaded it before it was taken down. May have been a ownership thing. It has an Oval and a Road Course version. The Road Course goes Counter Clockwise and is the same infield course route that the "MOTO bikes" race on at Indy.

OK final word: Looked at the you tube videos of the Indycar race yesterday route they took at Indy and this track mod I have is not the same route map. And no way to make so without doing track design modifications to the KN5. Close but no cigar.

Last edited:
Caterham Mods Need LHD Driver Shifting Animations

Ben O' Bro updated his Caterhams recently, but still no driver shifting animations for the LHD cars. The RDH and his 420R (RHD only) does have a good animation. Maybe some talented/knowledgeable person could help him out.

Of course I know, I'm driving on the wrong side of the car, but that's how they are here in the US (a neighbor has one).

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/caterham-academy-2017.17855/

Last edited by a moderator:
@Fall GuyAlso if anyone else hasn't done so yet - turn off extra fx and get back those missing frames. I gained at least 25fps or more on some tracks

I just did and can run 4k 70fps now....had to tweak around with Sol a good bit, but sure enough.

I was getting 45fps with extraFX which doesn't seem that bad with as good as it all looks.

I just did and can run 4k 70fps now....had to tweak around with Sol a good bit, but sure enough.

I was getting 45fps with extraFX which doesn't seem that bad with as good as it all looks.
Nice. I was dipping down to 30 so had to do something to get my frames back, saying that I haven't tried a race with 20 cars yet though in case my system melts :D
I don't miss anything though and with the newly updated and slightly tweaked Wagnum PPFilter and SOL everything looks good and I still have godrays and gorgeous skies so I can live without all the extra little bits.

alfa_romeo_8c_GT_SPORTS.jpg

Alfa Romeo 8C GT Sport

by Velo

Incorporating skins from three other versions of this car which had to be reworked and modified. 2x skin by Velo & 3x skins by Marcassin.

Added features include racing harness, front struts to splitter, new textures, Falken and Dunlop tyre branding, new calipers and new textures to brake discs...lots of added features. New previews and driver skins.

I have not designated this car as a GT3 because in reality it did not exist, however the physics are at GT3 standard.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/75yqj5lwl9f0fo6/alfa_8c_gtsport.7z/file
Hi ! :)

I tried it today (I was with another version) and I will not write about physics but It exists some huge issues with the sounds.

Inside, It could be OK (but I heard something like two mixed sounds which have some "battles" between them to get the leadership !) and the exterior sounds are barely completely broken (crackle sounds, mute sometimes, far..!) in replay.
I was thinking about a track issue (tested with the last version of Road Atlanta) but NO, I tried on a vanilla one (Brands-Hatch) and It stills the big issues I heard before.

I have no much time for trying a swap with another engine sound which could be OK, I'm sorry.

Did someone got this issue too !?

Cheers ! :cheers:

Does anyone have a mod for the 2018 Bentley Continental GT3? I found the mod on a youtube video and since the link in the video is broken I can't find it anywhere for the mod.

Hi ! :)

It could be cool, for your first post in this thread (which is a request) to simply saying "Hello !"
By the way, I used the "search box" of this thread. ;)
Have you tried the Bentley GT3 from Assettoland? There's two versions available there. I used the top one when I got mine, but the bottom one by delpinski might be better? I'd suggest just trying them both out.

To be honest I mostly just used the Bentley as grid filler and never drove it very much, so I don't have much of an opinion on how either of those drove.

https://assettoland.wixsite.com/assettoland/bentley
Cheers ! :cheers:

When driving some cars in cockpit camera, everything is getting very blurry. It does not happen with every modded car, but a lot of cars. External cams do not have this problem. Please, can you tell me which settings are causing this?
The cars you have problems with have a wrong shader set to internal glass. They use the old Perpixel shader, but Kunos changed that in the later updates and it should be changed to lswindow. Now if you don't know, like me, how to edit kn5 files, there is a fix. Read this post for my edits for some cars, and my quoted one in this post, to see how you can do this fix for every car, that has this problem:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1162#post-13106859

I don't tbh but as I don't have a top spec system (I'm not using the term potato cause it's not apparently but it's not the best) I have to make do without TA and all that other stuff. If I can run maximum world details and 16x AF and still get 65fps I'm happy with that.
If you have an Nvidia card have you tried going in your nvidia 3d settings and just maxing everything to High quality and maximum performance?

Yes I understand. I have an OK PC, not top, but quite good and can have round 55 fps with extraFx enabled, without it I could go up to 75. That would be nice, but as I said those jagged lines drive me crazy. I don't have an nvidia card, but a Radeon. Tried tinkering with setting and I get better performance if I set everything to off inside the Radeon control centre and use what I can inside CM. Not world of difference, but a few frames here and there.

bgr00.jpg

Autódromo Internacional Ayrton Senna (Londrina) - Version 2.0

Original track: Automobilista - Reiza Studios
Original conversion: VheEth

CHANGELOG 0.8
- Remapping: road, grass, curbs, trees, fences, walls, buildings, track objects and sponsor boards.
- New curb, sponsor boards, people and new flags added
- New file extension for Grass FX and track lights (very basic)
- Added the VAO file

CHANGELOG 1.0
- Update of textures and materials
- Race groove added
- Update of extension file
- Update the VAO file

CHANGELOG 2.0
- New conversion from scratch
- Reworked trees
- New horizon
- Update of textures and materials
- Performance optimization
- Update of extension file
- Update the VAO file

DOWNLOAD
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dj8tzn5shzud60m/vhe_londrina_2.0.rar/file

IMPORTANT: DELETE PREVIOUS VERSION

Yes I understand. I have an OK PC, not top, but quite good and can have round 55 fps with extraFx enabled, without it I could go up to 75. That would be nice, but as I said those jagged lines drive me crazy. I don't have an nvidia card, but a Radeon. Tried tinkering with setting and I get better performance if I set everything to off inside the Radeon control centre and use what I can inside CM. Not world of difference, but a few frames here and there.

Oh sorry, I'm not sure about Radeon settings and what to turn on or off in control centre but if you managed to find some frames it's all good lol.
I actually found I had jagged lines with extra fx on so there must be another setting somewhere that is causing them on my system. I don't use MSAA though and have fxaa turned on but who knows. It's like a game in itself just trying to find the best settings sometimes.

Oh sorry, I'm not sure about Radeon settings and what to turn on or off in control centre but if you managed to find some frames it's all good lol.
I actually found I had jagged lines with extra fx on so there must be another setting somewhere that is causing them on my system. I don't use MSAA though and have fxaa turned on but who knows. It's like a game in itself just trying to find the best settings sometimes.
Absolutely, every pc is different. I find that I have to have fxaa on, mxaa in CSP set to none, msaa in AC settings set to 8x experimental and anisotropic to 16x, for best performance to quality ratio. I put World detail and glare to high, and smoke to minimum. I also gained quite a bit by changing reflections to twice per frame. Would be even better if I set it to static, but not needed at the moment. As 55 fps is enough,especialy cause I have a freesync monitor.

When driving some cars in cockpit camera, everything is getting very blurry..... External cams do not have this problem.?

Something along these lines, I've started using front hood cam and the GT HUD with the analog gauges.

The number of mods out there and the varying level of consistency on the interiors, it had me tinkering around too much trying to get things just right.

Now it's typically just a matter of brightness most of the time. Over my life before AC I spent most of my sim-wheel time on Gran Turismo anyway.

Speaking of which, saw this....I wonder how close it will be?

All kinds of goodies this weekend! Tracks, cars...

@Masscot, can't wait to see how Aosta will look after you're finished applying your magic touch to it. I'm sure you're adding a balloon or two?

...and a couple of days ago I posted that it could use some GrassFX. Now it has grass, a VAO patch, and new signage is coming. Awesome work everyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you so much for the AUDI R8 GT3 EVO you guys make the game better and better here would be a bentley gt3 and the rest added:bowdown::cheers:👍👍

All kinds of goodies this weekend! Tracks, cars...

@Masscot, can't wait to see how Aosta will look after you're finished applying your magic touch to it. I'm sure you're adding a balloon or two?

...and a couple of days ago I posted that it could use some GrassFX. Now it has grass, a VAO patch, and new signage is coming. Awesome work everyone.
Haha the same happened to me when I complained last week about a couple problems on the cremona circuit, a few of our wonderful guys on here showed up and within a few hours the track was fixed and perfect and also improved lol that's wonderful, you can't thank all these guys enough.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back