Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,182 comments
Hi all i¿I dont know if you ever play GPBIKES well the track MOTEGI in that SIM is great my question is the Motegi mod track that is for sale is Great ? or not cos i think is 16 dollars for that mod.

sorry 4 my english

Though the price is a little high compared to other tracks, the mod is really good, especially after it was updated and all the layouts were added.

If you purchase it, you can find a skin for it with realistic signs and sponsors at Race Department.

This is one of the short layouts.

I'm feeling a little "moist" right now, if you know what I mean. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

The new rain effects do look amazing.

Guess it's time to build another sim-PC with an i9 CPU and RTX 2080 Ti.
I've been wanting to get a new MB with multiple PCIE ports for SSD drives anyway.

FYI or as you may already know... if you're considering upgrading your MB then look into getting one that has in-built NVMe ports, in addition to standard ports, and acquiring SSD flash-drives... Gaming performance surely improves, so does loading and processing of course... Intel CPUs and NVMe MB integrated ports have really evolved when gaming is at stake... :lol:

here's a link with NVMe tech-info

FYI or as you may already know... if you're considering upgrading your MB then look into getting one that has in-built NVMe ports, in addition to standard ports, and acquiring SSD flash-drives... Gaming performance surely improves, so does loading and processing of course... Intel CPUs and NVMe MB integrated ports have really evolved when gaming is at stake... :lol:

here's a link with NVMe tech-info

Actually, that's what I meant to say--NVMe, not PCIe. My brother just built a new PC with these ports and drives. He says the PC boots and finishes loading Windows almost instantly.

wow, just wondering why raceroom was never able to be decrypted?

No idea, but RTR (Simbin) was fully rippable and I released a few conversions from that to GTR/Race07. I still might have all those models.

the rFactor decryptor was made by providing Luigi with both an encrypted and original mesh. I simply sent an original mesh to Gjon, he encrypted it for me. I knew Luigi already from the computer security hacking scene where we developed exploits for vulnerabilities ;P
BTW, the rF meshes were encrypted with Blowfish

Last edited:
First thank you @safi hellie for the grass fx addition.

Just an observation on the Grass fx:
Correct if I am wrong Safie, The grass effect i get is very high and cant hides the interior track objects. Are you seeing the same thing?
I dont think you provided for the cut grass every Thursday option like some other tracks do, So I thinks the height I see stays that way.

So i just lowered the "height_multiplier: value down to 0.9 so I could see the interior structures and other objects better.
take care.

Yep, i am going to tackle that as a next move. Just wanted to get the basic grassfx first on particular tracks that to me have rather ugly looking grass.

But yes changing the height etc is pretty easy in the config to personal taste. I raised the height for the pictures for example to stand out a bit more.
Having driven it a bit, you are right, it was a bit high.

Reworked:
Mitja Bonca / Updated by Assetto-fr.tk
Automotodrom Grobnik v3.0
Update shaders
Remove Grass in kn5
Add 3dgrass
Add VAO
Update outline
https://sharemods.com/1rjgvlpuj0vw/grobnik.7z.html
preview.png

if you'd like to make a donation to my work:
Nice, thanks. My "technically" local track (even though Spielberg is closer, this is considered by every one in my country to be our track, because of common history i guess). If you combine it with a nice skin from @PepperoniAC24 (https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/grobnik-summer.31284/) it looks very true to real life (sadly, as it has seen better times), with all the bumps. And it's not a bad track to drive on at all. @__EASY__ or maybe @Teddie or anybody else i have a request, if i may. Could you look at this track if you have time, as you are the master of surrounding mountains, and if that flicker on Velebit mountain can be fixed without to much effort? Would ask @Masscot, but then we are looking at 16k modeling and putting the blame on innocent unsuspecting bystanders,... :lol: :lol:

I think this deserves a good representation as it is actually a very iconic track, not in race car world, but it hosted the moto GP from 1978-1990 and was very popular in those days amongst drivers and fans.

Last edited:
3ds would be an option, but I wouldn't know cause I don't use it and don't do mods.
Otherwise you could perhaps try with 3dsimed, isolate object/mesh, separate/remove unwanted polys, save it as a newly named object and add it to the car. Then make an additional (rgb) light in lights.ini. or in ext config.

Clear, thanks so much

wow, just wondering why raceroom was never able to be decrypted?

The Raceroom encryption has been developed by some extremely competent russian programers. And I'm very happy that my sounds
haven't been ripped so far, thanks to their amazing job.

However, I can understand the frustration you guys might feel about the R3E cars or tracks not beeing rippable.
On another hand, our studio would probably not exist anymore if the R3E content had been converted in others games, so it might be annoying for you, but this is the only way for us to survive and bring some rare and exclusive content in this very competitive market.

About the few R3E cars that have been converted in AC so far (you know where to find them), they were not ripped, we know where they come from and we know who shared the unprotected souce files. ;)

Last edited:
Chivas Autoart made an announcement about opening a patreon to support their modding. What do you guys think?

modding is a time consuming thing. They will (sill) release the mods for free, but they ask support in order to keep their modding activity alive. Don't see any problem, they are free to do whatever they want with their time and knowledge :)

Hi guys, we have a problem here.
We are trying to animate the Audi TT wipers , everything is working fine in 3DSMax/Blender but when we try to open the FBX in KsEditor it give us this error:

unknown.png

I cannot find anything related on google. Anybody knows how to solve it? Thank you very much.

modding is a time consuming thing. They will (sill) release the mods for free, but they ask support in order to keep their modding activity alive. Don't see any problem, they are free to do whatever they want with their time and knowledge :)
Thats what I wanted to say, I think theyre doing a good service to the AC community adn by opening up a patreon, they can continue doing what they love which is making mods, and us enjoying the mods they made. I hope many pledge to them.

hey mates ...

how can i change the Driver model for a specific car?

for example i got an 60s f1 car but the driver has modern helmet.
i want to change the drver to 60s style driver model.

how can i do that?

If the data folder is already present into the car's folder, just look inside for the driver3d.ini file and open it in a text editor.
(if the data folder isn't present, you need to unpack it with Content Manager).

Then, just replace the current driver name (1st line in the file) NAME=driver, with the driver type's name you want. In exemple :
NAME=driver_70
or
NAME=driver_60

or any other driver name present in your assettocorsa\content\driver folder.

Number 60 and 70 means the era of the driver here, just pick the one that fits with your car's era.
Save the driver3d.ini file and that's it!

Hope I was clear, just let us know if you didn't understand something ;)

Thats what I wanted to say, I think theyre doing a good service to the AC community adn by opening up a patreon, they can continue doing what they love which is making mods, and us enjoying the mods they made. I hope many pledge to them.

I like what @pk3r72owns is doing with his Patreon, and offers different tiers to get something as he works on his tracks. For $1 a month, you get "early access" releases to test and provide feedback, and he offers higher tiers, if anyone wants to contribute more (and you get some additional bonuses). This is a pretty good "model" for working on mods and getting something for it.

This approach is successful because of the "price," he often shows what else he's working on, he shows that he's learning new things, asks for help, takes criticism, releases frequent updates, shares with his contributors, and then eventually releases the tracks to everyone at no charge, which he's very transparent about. Even just one update every couple of weeks works with this setup.

He also features a lot of his projects on Youtube, and this increases subscribers and interest.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv36i0UXIM2P0S6ZgY5BZ-A

His Patreon page
https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop

So @Xray69...

Last edited by a moderator:
I like what @pk3r72owns is doing with his Patreon, and offers different tiers to get something as he works on his tracks. For $1 a month, you get "early access" releases to test and provide feedback, and he offers higher tiers, if anyone wants to contribute more (and you get some additional bonuses). This is a pretty good "model" for working on mods and getting something for it.

This approach is successful because of the "price," he often shows what else he's working on, he shows that he's learning new things, asks for help, takes criticism, releases frequent updates, shares with his contributors, and then eventually releases the tracks to everyone at no charge, which he's very transparent about. Even just one update every couple of weeks works with this setup.

He also features a lot of his projects on Youtube, and this increases subscribers and interest.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCv36i0UXIM2P0S6ZgY5BZ-A

His Patreon page
https://www.patreon.com/nukedrop

So @Xray69...

I think thats how Chivas is gonna do it. They released a plan on their facebook group about it. Its a closed group, so I cant really share the link

If the data folder is already present into the car's folder, just look inside for the driver3d.ini file and open it in a text editor.
(if the data folder isn't present, you need to unpack it with Content Manager).

Then, just replace the current driver name (1st line in the file) NAME=driver, with the driver type's name you want. In exemple :
NAME=driver_70
or
NAME=driver_60

or any other driver name present in your assettocorsa\content\driver folder.

Number 60 and 70 means the era of the driver here, just pick the one that fits with your car's era.
Save the driver3d.ini file and that's it!

Hope I was clear, just let us know if you didn't understand something ;)

Thx mate that helped a lot

no worries, here ya go... might be worth your time to read between the lines now and then... you've passed this treasure at least twice... well, three times if you count Mascot's original post back in the pre-covid days... you're welcome...

where i can find the track?

looks like a lot members are missing out big time... the track was posted in the hyperlink (days) above... otherwise please use the search function...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back