Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,251 comments
I'm reading this forum (GTplanet) regulary, and I saw your posts, but it is not clear for me, that what is this truck racing mod?
Is it a "Circuit Truck" physics for the Dakar trucks? Like ETRC? Or what?

The physics has been completely redone to make trucks for the races, nothing to do with the original dakar versions.

The thing is, if RD really cared about ripped content and also Kunos assets etc, there would be far more takedowns. For example many mod tracks include Kunos textures, so trees, tarmac etc, so really those tracks should be deleted.

Just noticed, the roll cage colour needs reverting to the default one as the LODs were set up with the original darker grey, so it creates a noticeable switch from LOD 0 to LOD 1 as the roll cage suddenly darkens on the car in front.

The roll cage color changed from the shader adjustments and to be honest I'd rather not take 2 steps forwards then a step back, totally defeating efforts to improve the car visually. But thanks for your feedback...

I have redone the lod files and also packed the new textures that were included in the skin folder in the initial download into the model so you can delete the following textures in your skin folder, they’re not needed anymore.

leather2.dds
leather2nm.dds
map3.dds
plastic3.dds

Original post has been updated.

Twingo Tweaks

Fixed a bit more the roll cage shaders and the dash leather was covering plastic material and that's not how the real car is. It just looks a bit odd in the 1.70 state. Maybe give this to Mamma Bongo. It's a really nice mod though! Thanks for sharing!

Edit: 8/1/2020

Packed textures into kn5 and regenerated lod files.

You can delete the following textures from your skins folder:

leather2.dds

leather2nm.dds

map3.dds

plastic3.dds

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zr3577r9wd816oo/Twingo_Tweaks_kn5_&_lods.rar/file

I have been going back through my duplicate track review project at all the tracks that I said something like "would be better with grassfx" or "if it weren't for this particular bug it would be perfect" and now that I've learned a lot I'm actually going back and fixing some of those bugs/wants. Here's my latest one, Blackwood Reloaded (the ultra HD version of the old LFS track). This track had a bug where laps didn't count when you're in the pit lane, so I fixed that, and while I was at it I added some GrassFX. I think it looks pretty sharp. It installs into it's own folder and it's not on sharemods :eek:

I updated the link because I forgot something... sorry.

Update AI for Blackwood reloaded:

https://mega.nz/file/XhhRiC4b#5xuP1kvO4ac_X3lrJlNavYmk70s2XAqZysvZ-JtMw88

Tweaked side lines a little, reworked pit lane line, and added a VAO patch.

The roll cage color changed from the shader adjustments and to be honest I'd rather not take 2 steps forwards then a step back, totally defeating efforts to improve the car visually. But thanks for your feedback...

I have redone the lod files and also packed the new textures that were included in the skin folder in the initial download into the model so you can delete the following textures in your skin folder, they’re not needed anymore.

leather2.dds
leather2nm.dds
map3.dds
plastic3.dds

Original post has been updated.

Maybe a little irony if that is the correct word? The new LODs are not as nice or optimised as mine so full grid will suffer a LOT. Not to worry I have packed your fixes and I've adjusted the good LODs to match your rollcage and made v1.71 updated my post too.

Fixed by DBag in v1.71:

- Roll cage shaders
- Dash leather corrected

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1488#post-13187739

https://sharemods.com/hyodeqxc2ylp/rs_twingo_hm.rar.html

Last edited:
I have another noobish question.

Can I delete all these 'tyre lute' from the data folder? Or they are needed there?

1vxn.png

Thank you.

Maybe a little irony if that is the correct word? The new LODs are not as nice or optimised as mine so full grid will suffer a LOT. Not to worry I have packed your fixes and I've adjusted the good LODs to match your rollcage and made v1.72 updated my post too.

Fixed by DBag in v1.71:

- Roll cage shaders
- Dash leather corrected

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ral-discussion.307899/page-1488#post-13187739

Jesus!!
What is the up to date version now? After all this updates and reupdates???:banghead:

I have another noobish question.

Can I delete all these 'tyre lute' from the data folder? Or they are needed there?

1vxn.png

Thank you.
Wouldn't be able to know. Look in tyres.ini and see if you need them. Delete what you don't. Usually it's all that other tcuve and and wear files that are garbage after someone switches tyres in CM and the ones you highlighted are the right ones.

Couldn't agree more. Ever since moving up to 0.1.62, it has completely broke the game for me. Even now downgrading to 0.1.60 my FPS dropped by 20 or so once I start a second race. Only resolved by restarting the computer but then it will happen all over again, it's as if something in the background is sucking up all the resource. How can the same race, same number of cars with no change at all between the first and second race have a 20+fps. This isn't a CPU or GPU resource issue, running a 3900X and RTX 2080Ti, not having this same issue with ACC, AM2..etc

Did you ever figure this out @Bherm? I'm having a similar problem. Frame took a huge dump. Restart temporarily fixes it. Good frame rate. Do a couple races and it drops down again from mid 130's to 65 fps. I've tried turning on and off Shader's Patch, downgrading, reinstalling Shaders, reinstalling Sol. Ugn. Interestingly when running a race in this state with Shaders off, it is still in the dumps. Please don't tell me I have to do the old integrity check...

Maybe a little irony if that is the correct word? The new LODs are not as nice or optimised as mine so full grid will suffer a LOT. Not to worry I have packed your fixes and I've adjusted the good LODs to match your rollcage and made v1.72 updated my post too.

Fixed by DBag in v1.71:

- Roll cage shaders
- Dash leather corrected

Great job! Thanks for combining all of the various fixes and updating the LODs, everyone is hopefully happy now. I can run much larger grids with this car than I can with most LODded mods. 👍

Fixed by DBag in v1.71:

- Roll cage shaders
- Dash leather corrected

Great stuff, man! That's how it's done, sharing back! Yeah I just use that lod tool with simplygon, I currently don't have max installed. I was thinking/hoping that Mamma Bongos might take the work compiled here then add that into an official update, so I didn't make changes to the ui version.

Jesus!!
What is the up to date version now? After all this updates and reupdates???:banghead:

:lol: Ah yes, a little taste of what it's like updating things and version changes... I guess that's why only a few actually get into doing this.

Did you ever figure this out @Bherm? I'm having a similar problem. Frame took a huge dump. Restart temporarily fixes it. Good frame rate. Do a couple races and it drops down again from mid 130's to 65 fps. I've tried turning on and off Shader's Patch, downgrading, reinstalling Shaders, reinstalling Sol. Ugn. Interestingly when running a race in this state with Shaders off, it is still in the dumps. Please don't tell me I have to do the old integrity check...

Have you had a look into your apps running next to AC? CamTool2 maybe? If yes, disable it...

hi all, i have another odd question, i have noticed while driving some VRC, and RSS cars that in the RaceEssentials app that lists tire temps and pressures, that the "sweet spot" for the tires has a range of only 1 degree C, and while i feel like it should be a broader range of temperatures, is that 1C window accurate to the real world (formula cars especially), or is that something that i'd need to look at different display apps to change?

Palmbeach Speedway track update

The Palmbeach track is now updated to go the correct clockwise dirrection
AI and side lines are done
pit stalls and starting grid in correct locations
pits work correctly for WEEKEND mode - your pit stall will be highlighted
Renamed a few objects so SURFACES file works correctly
Added AI hints for couple of corners
provided for 20 pit stalls and starting grid locations.

Missing: If someone can do these
Need some kind of graphic markers for where start finish line is located
Needs replay cameras
Maybe add a VAO file
maybe a config file for grass fx fix Horizon, and any track lighting

Track drives very well - works best with any F1 cars or any GT cars that have very little side sway.
Did several races at 98% difficulty with RSS VRC f1 cars, Mclaren GT3 650 and several others.

Here is the link below: Enjoy

How do I keep the reverse layout? This overwrites the whole original track. I know it goes the other way but I like the reverse too after doing a few turns around it.

Have you had a look into your apps running next to AC? CamTool2 maybe? If yes, disable it...

Yeah I learned that lesson a month or so ago. I dumped cam tool at that point.

I forgot to mention I also tried disabling all my apps. This may have all began today, when I tried installing the Custom Shaders Patch Debug app. I uninstalled it when I noticed my frame rate was terrible. But I can't be sure this began with this install/uninstall process ( I was working on ai and may not have noticed). Could it be Python thing? Clicking on/off a few of my normal apps in game, after re-enabling, led to some huge stutters. No clue what's happening at this point. Will report back if I find out anything.

Mr Pencil here! :D

Can I just ask one question about the Bahrain mod that appeared on RD.

I have the Bahrain 2020 from here and it's great, but sometimes when you hit a bollard the kraken comes up from underground and swallows my car. I learnt to drive around the bollards. But after updating CSP to 1.46 I started getting random stutter so to get back to preview version 1.27 I had to swap my main assetto file for my back up file and now Bahrain 2020 won't load at all. (1.27 been removed as an option)

Gutted but I accepted the loss as a consequence of updating CSP. So when this Bahrain track came up on RD I was like "back of the net" but the problem is it loads but the road surface is stuck in super heavy traction (can't steer really) making cars totally undriveable on it for me.

Has anyone experienced anything similar with either versions of Bahrain?

I would be uber grateful if someone could point me in the right direction. Thanks

Last edited:
How do I keep the reverse layout? This overwrites the whole original track. I know it goes the other way but I like the reverse too after doing a few turns around it.

Havent forgotten reverse direction. Let me think about that @Beezer215. I still have the original configuration but I would need to move the starting grid over onto the other straight.

There is also kind of a gokart track on the interior of the track. but not much area for pits that I can see.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back