Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,538 comments
sachsenberg, I found the wheel killing corner issue. you can see the ridges in those corners once you overlay a smoothed mesh.
Who released it, would like to pass the corrected mesh as an option to them?

(fwiw i grabbed this for RF2 and it has exactly the same ffb killing issue in the same place.)
upload_2020-10-14_19-24-28.png

sachsenberg, I found the wheel killing corner issue. you can see the ridges in those corners once you overlay a smoothed mesh.
Who released it, would like to pass the corrected mesh as an option to them?

(fwiw i grabbed this for RF2 and it has exactly the same ffb killing issue in the same place.)
View attachment 964841

Morning are you look at the track mesh of the Sachsenring? if you are it is a authorise conversions by modding group TM-modding from the original modder.

Morning are you look at the track mesh of the Sachsenring? if you are it is a authorise conversions by modding group TM-modding from the original modder.

yup the track mesh is copied directly from the rf2 version, and has this issue on three of the corners where the mesh causes "ridges", it can be felt far more subtly in RF2 but in AC its avery bad, as in it tore my dd1 out of the mount bad. WIll look them up and ask if they wouldnt mind making a smothed version on those corners, I fixed my own copy up and its MUCH better, but of course dont want to release other peoples stuff.

yup the track mesh is copied directly from the rf2 version, and has this issue on three of the corners where the mesh causes "ridges", it can be felt far more subtly in RF2 but in AC its avery bad, as in it tore my dd1 out of the mount bad. WIll look them up and ask if they wouldnt mind making a smothed version on those corners, I fixed my own copy up and its MUCH better, but of course dont want to release other peoples stuff.
Fuzo is the main developer, he is pretty active on RD. Maybe try there.

Must say that the Sachsenring is indeed the least finished of all their tracks. It's not bad, but other are at such a top level, that the difference is noticeable. Looking at how polished their tracks are, this one is definitely not the final release. Even though I have to say, that with my t300, I don't experience anything out of the ordinary that you are talking about. I guess there is an enormous difference to DD wheels.

Last edited:
Fuzo is the main developer, he is pretty active on RD. Maybe try there.

Must say that the Sachsenring is indeed the least finished of all their tracks. It's not bad, but other are at such a top level, that the difference is noticeable. Even though I have to say, that with my t300, I don't experience anything out of the ordinary that you are talking about. I guess there is an enormous difference to DD wheels.

Ok, Will look him up tommorow, I think a bit of kn5 and a bit of model switching in the ext_config means you can keep both, but, no idea how to do that.

for reference,

original (see the shuddering in the corners 2, 3 and 4)

laplacian smooth 0.3 version. (still very slight shudder but not so much it rips the wheel out of your hands at speed, could maybe go a bit further to laplacian 0.4 even perhaps. )

and of course its entirely possible the real thing has these corrugations in these corners in which case all of for nought!

Last edited:
Ok, Will look him up tommorow, I think a bit of kn5 and a bit of model switching in the ext_config means you can keep both, but, no idea how to do that.

for reference,

original (see the shuddering in the corners 2, 3 and 4)

laplacian smooth 0.3 version. (still very slight shudder but not so much it rips the wheel out of your hands at speed, could maybe got to laplacian 0.4 perhaps. )

and of course its entirely possible the real thing has these corrugations in these corners in which case all of for nought!

Ah OK, I see now what you are talking about. Yes there are bumps there. But with a t300, they feel like ordinary bumps. That's why I didn't notice them as something peculiar. :) Have no idea if they are really there. Yes send him a DM on RD. From what I seen from him there, he seems like an OK guy.

Ah OK, I see now what you are talking about. Yes there are bumps there. But with a t300, they feel like ordinary bumps. That's why I didn't notice them as something peculiar. :) Have no idea if they are really there. Yes send him a DM on RD. From what I seen from him there, he seems like an OK guy.
on the DD1 they rip REALLY hard, and trying to use ffbclip, it reduces ffb to 0% after 2-3 laps or so, and i was in the process of just reducing peak torque to 15% from 35% on the wheel when the m6 mountinng nuts tore through the slots on the VR3 mount. Sounds worse than it actually is, the slots are about 2 inch grooves and they "bent" up allowing the nuts to pull through on one side. Ill try grab a pic to show you what I mean, damn nasty thing I did "fixxerating" it with oversized washers to get it back on the frame as a patch until the new frame gets here ;)

EDIT: Added picture of the frame "rip" you can see where the metal all bent out. DO not judge my home mechanics, it works ;), well enough until i get the new rig.
121232902_1513064988882763_5919960623389551550_o.jpg

Last edited:

I was having a conversation some time ago with Fuzo, he sent me the Sachsenring already back early 2020 for private use. He told me he won´t put too much work into it any longer since he knows that Gunnar333 is working on a scratch-build version as well. So I think the version on the website from TMM is the one he already provided me.

I was having a conversation some time ago with Fuzo, he sent me the Sachsenring already back early 2020 for private use. He told me he won´t put too much work into it any longer since he knows that Gunnar333 is working on a scratch-build version as well. So I think the version on the website from TMM is the one he already provided me.
ok, in that case, Ill not bother contacting, and just keep my tweaked version till the other one comes out.
Interesting that rf2, which gernerally speaking has far better ffb, the exact same track mesh does not "rip" like that.. wonder if it has something to do with the physics model or tyre model (also interesting that other guys with other wheels makes do not experience this?)

in case anyone was wondering how close RTB tracks that use google data are to actual, I compare an RTB/Google versus a DEM 2M scan in this video, hopelessly innacurate, the bottom middle is out 11M in height.. Hope RTB finally allows us to import actual mesh of real DEM data instead of that terrible google data at some point.. as it stands no point trying to make anything "accurate".

unfortunately google is not very precise, and I found that it also depends on what is on the ground, in one of my projects I found big differences in height in the wooded areas, it probably takes the height from the top of the trees

I have one of "those" mates a 1upper, everything one of the crew buys he always buys one better shortly after, any way, got to test acc on a 3080 on VivePro, and.. disappointed, all that extra oomph didn't do didly squat, still have to dial back a lot of settings to get fluid 90fps. I think you would need to roughly double a 2080ti to get it running with everything on ultra for ACC

Right now, I wouldn't buy or use a 3080 for gaming or simulators. Besides the ridiculous inflated prices due to bots and scalping, there are still issues that need to be addressed, and drivers still need to be optimized, for the GPU and the HP Reverb G2 (I'd wait to buy that too). With any new hardware releases, I don't fall for the hype, and I'm skeptical of the specs thrown out by manufactures, excited reviewers, and fan boys. Also, apparently some older CPUs do cause bottlenecks that affect the performance of the 3080 (my current i7 is just below the recommended spec).

Maybe by July, this will either be all worked out, and there'll be more tests and results to show what the 3080 can really do as things improve, or something better will be available. As for crystal-clear high res, full 90FPS to both eyes in VR, with the highest quality graphic settings, I still think that's a lofty expectation with current hardware. It'll probably be 2-3 years before we can attain that quality, even with bridged GPUs. Maybe two $1500 (or currently $2400 inflated) RTX 3090s might be capable, but I'd only spend that much $$ on a workstation PC for my 3D modeling and animation work, where I can get a return on the investment within a month or two.

Right now, my "patched up" Rift and 1080Ti will do, even with drops to 45FPS, when the alternating-eye "mind warp" kicks in. I'm glad I bought the Rift over four years ago, even with its' screen door issues and recent head strap failure. However, I can't wait to see what develops for VR over the next couple of years, as GPUs are improved, and headset manufactures won't be as concerned about limited GPU capability. Everything will be optimized, and the experience will be crystal clear with extreme graphic quality settings and a solid 90-120FPS... and hopefully everything will be more affordable.

As for the recent Oculus/Facebook issues, I have clients that also have Facebook accounts as they post ads and information that I need to see, and a couple think I should do nothing but work on their projects--no eating, sleeping, exercise, or having fun. One very impatient client gets frustrated if I don't respond immediately to his Skype messages, even late in the evening. I made the mistake of sharing my sim-racing Youtube channel with one, and he expressed frustration when he saw I had posted a couple of videos over a weekend, during a rush project--the result of his lack of planning. If Facebook reports what I'm doing with my Rift, that could be an issue--hopefully this can be reliably turned off in the account settings, but I'd still feel the need to confirm this every time I'm using my Rift. I occasionally take a break during the day, maybe 2-3 times a week, and run a few laps on the simulator, especially if I'm having an issue with a project. I concentrate on some clean, fast laps for 15-20 minutes, then return to the work with better ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
The most useless tribune I know for many racetracks. Been there a few times and won´t place my arse on that tribune again. You even better can watch some road cars next to the track than the racecars.
Every now and then it is used for concerts and other events.

Hello. I created a RainFX config according to the GitHub Wiki and would like to share it with you. Feel free to modify and share it. The contents are the following 18 courses.

・hungaroring・interlagos・hermanos rodriguez・cota
・bahrain・chinaGP・sochi・baku・imola・barcelona
・melbourne・monaco・mugello・yasmarina・singapore
・gilles villeneuve・tochigi racing ring・okayama

Screenshot_rss_formula_hybrid_2019_ks_barcelona_11-9-120-20-21-49.jpg

Only the RainFX config is written. Add it to the end of the original file.

Attachments

• Rainfx_config_Pack.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 169
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back