Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,535 comments
shi
Hello. I created a RainFX config according to the GitHub Wiki and would like to share it with you. Feel free to modify and share it. The contents are the following 18 courses.

・hungaroring・interlagos・hermanos rodriguez・cota
・bahrain・chinaGP・sochi・baku・imola・barcelona
・melbourne・monaco・mugello・yasmarina・singapore
・gilles villeneuve・tochigi racing ring・okayama

View attachment 964873
Only the RainFX config is written. Add it to the end of the original file.

Thanks! much appreciated, and welcome. Would you mind doing Goodwood please?

Hope u finished those projects soon and back to the game !

Right now, I wouldn't buy or use a 3080 for gaming or simulators. Besides the ridiculous inflated prices due to bots and scalping, there are still issues that need to be addressed, and drivers still need to be optimized, for the GPU and the HP Reverb G2 (I'd wait to buy that too). With any new hardware releases, I don't fall for the hype, and I'm skeptical of the specs thrown out by manufactures, excited reviewers, and fan boys. Also, apparently some older CPUs do cause bottlenecks that affect the performance of the 3080 (my current i7 is just below the recommended spec).

Maybe by July, this will either be all worked out, and there'll be more tests and results to show what the 3080 can really do as things improve, or something better will be available. As for crystal-clear high res, full 90FPS to both eyes in VR, with the highest quality graphic settings, I still think that's a lofty expectation with current hardware. It'll probably be 2-3 years before we can attain that quality, even with bridged GPUs. Maybe two $1500 (or currently $2400 inflated) RTX 3090s might be capable, but I'd only spend that much $$ on a workstation PC for my 3D modeling and animation work, where I can get a return on the investment within a month or two.

Right now, my "patched up" Rift and 1080Ti will do, even with drops to 45FPS, when the alternating-eye "mind warp" kicks in. I'm glad I bought the Rift over four years ago, even with its' screen door issues and recent head strap failure. However, I can't wait to see what develops for VR over the next couple of years, as GPUs are improved, and headset manufactures won't be as concerned about limited GPU capability. Everything will be optimized, and the experience will be crystal clear with extreme graphic quality settings and a solid 90-120FPS... and hopefully everything will be more affordable.

As for the recent Oculus/Facebook issues, I have clients that also have Facebook accounts as they post ads and information that I need to see, and a couple think I should do nothing but work on their projects--no eating, sleeping, exercise, or having fun. One very impatient client gets frustrated if I don't respond immediately to his Skype messages, even late in the evening. I made the mistake of sharing my sim-racing Youtube channel with one, and he expressed frustration when he saw I had posted a couple of videos over a weekend, during a rush project--the result of his lack of planning. If Facebook reports what I'm doing with my Rift, that could be an issue--hopefully this can be reliably turned off in the account settings, but I'd still feel the need to confirm this every time I'm using my Rift. I occasionally take a break during the day, maybe 2-3 times a week, and run a few laps on the simulator, especially if I'm having an issue with a project. I concentrate on some clean, fast laps for 15-20 minutes, then return to the work with better ideas.

So can someone from URD group tell us what can we expect from this twitter post over a year ago? I hope they don't give up on car modding

Well I wouldn't get my hopes up. They didn't release anything new in almost a year. Ales Ogrinc is obviously more concentrated on his work at Studio397 and rf2. Which is a shame. I love their mods and would love to see more. And by what they were saying just before they went silent, the both Aston Martin's (DTM and GTE v2) were almost finished. We can hope they will release their models to someone else to finish them, as they did with GT500 and Chivas.

Last edited:
in case anyone was wondering how close RTB tracks that use google data are to actual, I compare an RTB/Google versus a DEM 2M scan in this video, hopelessly innacurate, the bottom middle is out 11M in height.. Hope RTB finally allows us to import actual mesh of real DEM data instead of that terrible google data at some point.. as it stands no point trying to make anything "accurate".

I'm doing exactly that right now, but only for the UK grid system. Lidar data, converted via QGIS into .asc format in 10k by 10k blocks. Still some work to get it working reliably, but it's not far off, trust me...

Who am I to say, but it seems like such a waste of effort and talent (which Sergio has no shortage of) when there is perfectly good 60s Spa for AC already..
I agree, that the version of Spa converted from rF2 is very good, just need to light it and add RainFX.

I have pulled sources from PCARS but haven't checked the feasibility yet... however, it is do-able

but its not that version in the screens... VLM

The historical tracks of PC2 seem grotesque to me and closer to fantasy. It's just an opinion.

shi
Hello. I created a RainFX config according to the GitHub Wiki and would like to share it with you. Feel free to modify and share it. The contents are the following 18 courses.

・hungaroring・interlagos・hermanos rodriguez・cota
・bahrain・chinaGP・sochi・baku・imola・barcelona
・melbourne・monaco・mugello・yasmarina・singapore
・gilles villeneuve・tochigi racing ring・okayama

View attachment 964873
Only the RainFX config is written. Add it to the end of the original file.

Such a small file for so much...thank you. Any chance you can distribute it through CM to have it automatically updated?

Who am I to say, but it seems like such a waste of effort and talent (which Sergio has no shortage of) when there is perfectly good 60s Spa for AC already..

I kinda agree with you about this. Spa 66 is not bad at all. But I'd still like to see Sergio's version.

Back in the days of the GPLEA there was major debate about the mid-60s layout. We knew the Papyrus Spa layout was not quite right, particularly around Malmedy and Stavelot. Later the GPL Spa 67 was a great improvement, but I'm still not convinced the RF2 or the later GPL one are bang on.

Attachments

• Screenshot_axis_porsche_930_se_endlessfloor_14-9-120-8-14-21.png
    Screenshot_axis_porsche_930_se_endlessfloor_14-9-120-8-14-21.png
    113.3 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
Hello All

Anyone can convert track from GP4 to AC ?

thanks in advance, it's for personal use if anyone can please PM me

thanks
Hello All

actually i need 2 tracks only from the 1993 tracks maybe it's already available.

Donington with 1993 banner and SEGA banners and the arch at the long straight

Kyalami 1992-1993 layout without the chicane before the last corner

i hope someone can assist me to find them

thanks

I kinda agree with you about this. Spa 66 is not bad at all. But I'd still like to see Sergio's version.

Back in the days of the GPLEA there was major debate about the mid-60s layout. We knew the Papyrus Spa layout was not quite right, particularly around Malmedy and Stavelot. Later the GPL Spa 67 was a great improvement, but I'm still not convinced the RF2 or the later GPL one are bang on.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back