Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,533 comments
Well I wouldn't get my hopes up. They didn't release anything new in almost a year. Ales Ogrinc is obviously more concentrated on his work at Studio397 and rf2. Which is a shame. I love their mods and would love to see more. And by what they were saying just before they went silent, the both Aston Martin's (DTM and GTE v2) were almost finished. We can hope they will release their models to someone else to finish them, as they did with GT500 and Chivas.
I talked with them a few months back over sharing some work, they have a ton of work with companies back then i bet they still do, if you look at how much is coming out for ams2 it starts to add up. That and covid has made it hard for everyone.

Last edited:
Those two crap are encrypted, if you don't have CSP you'll get those ugly blue triangles.
Fortunatly there's a huge number of great mods, I still can't find some time to teste all I have dowloaded, so these two can go straigth to the bin.
why are they crap? just because they are encrypted? Did you drive them and look at the mod or is it literally encrypted = bin

I can tell you zolder and Paul Ricard are in the works... Still a ways off... I will personally tackle hungaroring at some point... Though for a week or 2...im actually just gonna do some driving... If that's OK with you guys I have a crap ton of cars to catch up on from here
Misano is a must-have too. Any plans for that one? Edit: thanks for your awesome work!

Last edited:
Those two crap are encrypted, if you don't have CSP you'll get those ugly blue triangles.
Fortunately there's a huge number of great mods, I still can't find some time to test all I have dowloaded, so these two can go straigth to the bin.

Oh I am sorry I did not know you don´t have CSP. Why? You miss a lot. These Porsche are awesome.
Screenshot_axis_porsche_930_se_ks_nordschleife_14-9-120-21-16-42.jpg

Fortunately there's a huge number of great mods, I still can't find some time to test all I have dowloaded, so these two can go straigth to the bin.
Why tho? I can understand that you have problems installing CSP and SOL, but encryption alone shouldn't be a good reason to delete the mod.

I do understand why encryption can be annoying, but keep in mind that modders usually spent months perfecting those models (even If they were taken from a different game) and the last thing they would have wanted is for someone to just do with it whatever they like. As someone that spent 2 months working on a Merak, I can see how difficult can this process become.

Has anyone else got around to trying the Trained Monkey Modding Cupra TCR yet?
It's IMO incredible!
Everything, sounds, feel, FWD performance.... absolutely wonderful little mod!
Yep, I messaged Fuzo yesterday to thank him for this puppy (and to see if the rear lights are supposed to be on all the time. Spoiler alert: they are).

What skin on you doing? because to my knowledge led stripes have to be in model with Ext_config file to adjust the colour/ brightness or separate KN5 add on to a car.

The car haven't a led strip yet but I want to put on... and then obviously I'llgive a name and an ext_config file. Do you know how to do that? By the way I have an issue with the led stripes of the rss bayro 6: I need to get closer to the car to see them so my question is "which parameter I need to modify in the Ext_confing to adjust brightness?"

@safi hellie (or anybody else) are you still struggling with fps? Peter Bose posted his CSP settings on discord and I must say, they are really impressive. He managed to get a very nice looking screen with extraFx totally disabled, which gained me 20 fps. I did then put ExtraFx back on only to enable temporal AA, cause I hate trees and fences flickering, but it is still around 10 fps better than before. Maybe try it, it may help you. I attached the settings file. Extract the zip to: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets and set it in CSP (don't forget to save your current settings first) and load it in CSP:

Posnetek zaslona 2020-10-14 231252.jpg

Attachments

• Sol2.zip
    707 bytes · Views: 84
Last edited:
The car haven't a led strip yet but I want to put on... and then obviously I'llgive a name and an ext_config file. Do you know how to do that? By the way I have an issue with the led stripes of the rss bayro 6: I need to get closer to the car to see them so my question is "which parameter I need to modify in the Ext_confing to adjust brightness?"

your pp makes a diff too

wo6u.png

7sfk.png

Last edited:
@safi hellie (or anybody else) are you still struggling with fps? Peter Bose posted his CSP settings on discord and I must say, they are really impressive. He managed to get a very nice looking screen with extraFx totally disabled, which gained me 20 fps. I did then put ExtraFx back on only to enable temporal AA, cause I hate trees and fences flickering, but it is still around 10 fps better than before. Maybe try it, it may help you. I attached the settings file. Extract the zip to: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets and set it in CSP (don't forget to save your current settings first) and load it in CSP:

View attachment 964993

On this subject of CSP settings, does Content Manager have a global switch to revert all CSP settings back to default? It could do with on for sure. Even if I delete CSP and later reinstall, my previous settings are restored. There seem to be many config inis files for CSP in different places too.

Last edited:
since I am already in trouble with the department of war and finance regarding my spending spree on sim racing gear, is the buttkicker thing worthwhile or just meh? Does it work with AC?
Assuming you are going direction 80/20 alu rig, I would not recommend it. I had it on a previous steel rig and while the effect was more noticeable there, I still thought it wasn't worth it.
Actually my DD (Simucube) wheel transfers about as much 'feel' through my Simlab rig as the Buttkicker (I had first the "Gamer", followed by a "Mini concert") inducers.
Obviously it depends on where you place the inducer(s) and combined with some more powerful software it could do the job, but at a pretty steep price.
A friend from Dubai who is professionally involved in sim rigs has stopped using them also, because whatever he tried, he wasn't satisfied with the result.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back