Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,533 comments
Assuming you are going direction 80/20 alu rig, I would not recommend it. I had it on a previous steel rig and while the effect was more noticeable there, I still thought it wasn't worth it.
Actually my DD (Simucube) wheel transfers about as much 'feel' through my Simlab rig as the Buttkicker (I had first the "Gamer", followed by a "Mini concert") inducers.
Obviously it depends on where you place the inducer(s) and combined with some more powerful software it could do the job, but at a pretty steep price.
A friend from Dubai who is professionally involved in sim rigs has stopped using them also, because whatever he tried, he wasn't satisfied with the result.

Getting this one, https://www.trakracer.com.au/tr8020-black-tr160-160mm-x-40mm-aluminium-cockpit
and yes, relaised after I paid for it, its not the correct mount for a DD1, but, as the shipper has no stock I will make an AL mounting bracket on my CNC as an adapter plate. Did reach out to him to find out if it can be swapped.. no news.. maybe i get lucky though.

Been thinking i might machine up some sleeves for those feet to take some clutch springs to "float it" then I can also get that "shake" from the wheel in the rig I guess.

Last edited:
I have pulled sources from PCARS but haven't checked the feasibility yet... however, it is do-able

but its not that version in the screens... VLM
You won't remember saying this and any evidence of it no longer exists, but you definitely pledged to convert Bannochbrae from pCARS or pCARS 2. In fact, you promised never to rest until you had completed it and urged us to give you periodic nudges to check on progress. You said you were going to make it your magnum opus and 100% true to the source material. Honest - I'm not even joking. Seriously. Oh yes.

your pp makes a diff too

wo6u.png

7sfk.png

I've made a video to show you what I mean but when I try to upload here it says that the extension it's not correct... I know I can change color and where but the led stripes disappear as soon as I "walk" away with the camera. If I stay in the perimeter of the car I can see both stripes but if I zoom out I can't see them anymore... I don't know how to explain better but if I'll success to upload the video you can understand me better maybe

I do understand why encryption can be annoying, but keep in mind that modders usually spent months perfecting those models (even If they were taken from a different game) and the last thing they would have wanted is for someone to just do with it whatever they like. As someone that spent 2 months working on a Merak, I can see how difficult can this process become.

Great but on that logic (and others not just you) then SimDream put a lot of work in to take race07 or rfactor mods someone else has made to get them in AC, no?
Why not the same level of support for them?

If SD did start encrypting then would support then turn to favour them?

Both RTM and SD put as much if not more (websites etc) effort into ripping models as any of these facebook ones...

I don't get the selective nature of it frankly...

Version 1.1 of the Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT4 mod.

Here's the link to the dooblydoo:

Hey Mr W, tried the hyundai tonight at Ahvenisto and Croix en Ternois
lots of fun and nice looking, impressive, love it, great work, thank's!!

but i think lods are set a little too close, i see drivers alone in the straight... is it easy to fix?

Screenshot_hyundai_genesis_gt4_actk_croixenternois2017_15-9-120-0-4-9.jpg

Hey Mr W, tried the hyundai tonight at Ahvenisto and Croix en Ternois
lots of fun and nice looking, impressive, love it, great work, thank's!!

but i think lods are set a little too close, i see drivers alone in the straight... is it easy to fix?

View attachment 965006

Interesting. I've never had that issue. As cool as it would be to drive against Crazy Frog, I'm pretty sure you'd rather have a functioning mod.

Here, try this for now. I'll upload a v1.2 later if it works out. Just paste this file inside the car's data folder and overwrite when asked.

Last edited:
I was browsing my old GP4 folder and I found my vault of cars, and I don't know if somebody skilled enough with car conversions would like to help:

Back in the day, I did A LOT of F1 cars for GP4 with Fongu, a very skilled modeller from the GP4 community. He did the models and the UV mapping, I painted them and made the LODs. The good thing is that the models are quite good (perhaps they could be improved with 3D smoothing methods), I have the original sources and my textures are 99% vectorial, so 4K (or even 8K) skins are possible straightaway. Thing is, many of our cars were ripped off by some "modding groups" without our permission and they are really bad conversions, with lossy textures and crappy physics. I know that the models were done 12 years ago, but they're decent enough for today's standards.

The list of cars I have is:
- The complete F1 2006 season by CTDP (basic cars were converted, the rest has never been released for AC).
- BMW Sauber F1.08 (unreleased for AC).
- Ferrari F2007B (unreleased for AC).
- Force India VJM01 (complete season package).
- Honda RA108 (late season and 2009 testing wings, unreleased for AC).
- Red Bull RB4 (unreleased for AC. One of my biggest projects to date. Includes Wings for Life livery).
- Super Aguri SA08 (complete season package).
- Toyota TF108 (complete season package, late season version unreleased for AC).
- Williams FW30 (complete season package, unreleased for AC).

Most of these cars have got vectorial textures, in-season changes, etc. I wish I knew how to put them in-game myself. That's why I'm offering the files to someone who knows what to do with them.

Interesting. I've never had that issue. As cool as it would be to drive against Crazy Frog, I'm pretty sure you'd rather have a functioning mod.

Here, try this for now. I'll upload a v1.2 later if it works out. Just paste this file inside the car's data folder and overwrite when asked.

I can confirm that the issue was real and am happy to confirm that your new lods.ini fixes it.
:)

@safi hellie (or anybody else) are you still struggling with fps? Peter Bose posted his CSP settings on discord and I must say, they are really impressive. He managed to get a very nice looking screen with extraFx totally disabled, which gained me 20 fps. I did then put ExtraFx back on only to enable temporal AA, cause I hate trees and fences flickering, but it is still around 10 fps better than before. Maybe try it, it may help you. I attached the settings file. Extract the zip to: C:\Users\XXXXXX\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Custom Shaders Patch Presets and set it in CSP (don't forget to save your current settings first) and load it in CSP:

View attachment 964993
Thanks, didn't do much in VR but was great on my monitor profile.

WTF?!?!
How is it possible that Kunos for his Maserati MC12 declares a power of only 516 HP? The real car has 630 hp. The gear ratios, in my opinion, are also wrong: the car has no acceleration:confused::banghead:

Attachments

• IMG_20201015_004904.jpg
    IMG_20201015_004904.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 40

Fixed! so this is how it works...
thanks. 200m was too short :)

Buxton Raceway v0.98 by RMi
(GTP preview version)

This is a conversion of Buxton Raceway originally modelled by MoR137 and converted to rFactor by Bonkers & Andrew Watts

RMi thanks those responsible and the kind permission for this conversion:
"Bonkers", Stuart "Madcowie", Andrew Watts and https://www.ukdirt.co.uk/

Track Details:
Buxton Raceway, formerly known as 'High Edge' started in the early seventies.
It boasts a 380 metre tarmac oval with steel plate fencing and a figure of 8 circuit.
In addition to featured "UK Hot Rods", it also features Drifting on the "Figure 8" for scheduled events.

Screenshot_ford_anglia_1966_s1_rmi_buxton_13-10-120-15-44-34.jpg
Screenshot_ford_anglia_1966_s1_rmi_buxton_13-10-120-15-49-17.jpg
Screenshot_ford_anglia_1966_s1_rmi_buxton_13-10-120-15-50-59.jpg

3 layouts:
Buxton - racing action
BuxtonHR - racing action with speed bumps!
Buxton8 - Drift
Buxton8 - "Figure 8" AI and multiplayer carnage!

- AI for "Figure 8"
** try different cars! tested: Kunos Abarth(s), Ford Capri, Alfa GTAm, AC Classic TC
- Cameras and screens by [B]@safi hellie[/B]
- 24 pits/starts, 11 pit/starts "Figure 8"
- Grass_FX
- CSP required for extended shadow effects and texture corrections

:: DOWNLOAD ::

Last edited:
I can confirm that the issue was real and am happy to confirm that your new lods.ini fixes it.
:)

Fixed! so this is how it works...
thanks. 200m was too short :)

The interesting thing here though is I’ve literally never touched this file over every version of the car and nobody has ever mentioned anything about it before now. I’m a little curious about that. Either way, glad to know it’s fixed.

View attachment 964863 View attachment 964864

He missing the Aston Martin 2019 DTM, I want so much this car

So can someone from URD group tell us what can we expect from this twitter post over a year ago? I hope they don't give up on car modding

Well I wouldn't get my hopes up. They didn't release anything new in almost a year. Ales Ogrinc is obviously more concentrated on his work at Studio397 and rf2. Which is a shame. I love their mods and would love to see more. And by what they were saying just before they went silent, the both Aston Martin's (DTM and GTE v2) were almost finished. We can hope they will release their models to someone else to finish them, as they did with GT500 and Chivas.

I'm still holding my breath for the URD Chevrolet Corvette C8R aka "Michigan GT" that they tease a while ago.

Since we were talking about this today (DTM Aston Martin), here is an interesting video. Maybe could be something, maybe not. Who knows:

It would be wonderful if we can get something like this, however i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for the URD version, most likely wont see that until 2050 :D

That other stand alone one looks pretty promising, all theyd have to do is copy the physics from one of the other 2018 cars which can be tweaked, and then model the interior properly and itd be go

The interesting thing here though is I’ve literally never touched this file over every version of the car and nobody has ever mentioned anything about it before now. I’m a little curious about that. Either way, glad to know it’s fixed.
Now that people can put custom distances for LODs in CSP? Never was an issue for me either.
I have an "updated" version that I've been using that's tightened up a little more. Also with fixed collider to keep sparks to a minimum.

edit: maybe in the near future another update. :)

Last edited:
Yo guys, here's Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT4 version 1.1.1 (or some arbitrary version number)

preview.jpg

I'd recommend downloading this if you like cars that don't disappear.

It's essentially the last version of the car with one altered line of code. To make it yourself, go into LODS.ini and change "OUT=200" to "OUT=1100" or any other number greater than 1000.

Thank your for your time.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lcmwcKVzDZBR8QYj5n62zByOdfT3aWir

Last edited:
Yo guys, here's Hyundai Genesis Coupe GT4 version 1.1.1 (or some arbitrary version number)

View attachment 965014

I'd recommend downloading this if you like cars that don't disappear.

It's essentially the last version of the car with one altered line of code. To make it yourself, go into LODS.ini and change "OUT=200" to "OUT=1100" or any other number greater than 1000.

Thank your for your time.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lcmwcKVzDZBR8QYj5n62zByOdfT3aWir
Thank you, I didn't know this Hyundai has come this far in the development.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back