Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,530 comments
Thanks, and it's not done yet either. We're working on 1.2 now and it should be out sometime next week once we finalize everything, so stay tuned.

It's a great car congrats, the AI is very hard to follow at 100% :lol:
Just one little problem for me, some horrible lags and a lot of errors in the logs because the __cm_tyre_* files are empty :

EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/hyundai_genesis_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_front_0.lut)
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/hyundai_genesis_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_rear_0.lut)

If I use other files as semislicks_front.lut, semislicks_rear.lut and tcurve_semis.lut, then It's fixed.

Thanks a lot. :cheers:

Attachments

• tyres.ini.txt
    4.5 KB · Views: 20
Porsche 944 Turbo Cup V1.01 : Correction clutch , tell me if it solves the problem , thanks.

Link : https://mega.nz/file/9JZEhb6T#M2Y7uV9K2t9yAoHi-fB1EnG679yj4maSWOJygMHtHWE

Enjoy !
Hi Shokeus, nice car, is very funny for drive, I see some bug with the tyres shadow, or maybe is just me? thanx for this mod!!!
Screenshot_porsche_944t_cup_topgear_14-9-120-20-56-23.jpg

It's a great car congrats, the AI is very hard to follow at 100% :lol:
Just one little problem for me, some horrible lags and a lot of errors in the logs because the __cm_tyre_* files are empty :

EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/hyundai_genesis_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_front_0.lut)
EMPTY CURVE, RETURNING ZERO (content/cars/hyundai_genesis_gt4/data/__cm_tyre_wearcurve_rear_0.lut)

If I use other files as semislicks_front.lut, semislicks_rear.lut and tcurve_semis.lut, then It's fixed.

Thanks a lot. :cheers:

We already have it as part of our next update. But thanks anyways.

Last edited:
Is there an easy(ish) was to extend the wiping arc of windscreen wipers? Quite a few modders leave them wiping in quite a restricted sweep, ie not going near to the side edges of the windscreen glass. No idea why, in most cases there's room to do this. Can be annoying in heavy rain.
Unfortunately ... No :-(

You have to completely redo the animation (it really isn't hard to do but it somehow is one of those chores that one always kicks into the next day, and the next, and ...)
;-)

Awesome, thanks - hopefully I can just copy some coordinates from another car and then fine tune till I get it in the right position.
Here is how I set up the F1 cameras when working on a mod:

1) get car in game, set up cockpit camera to taste, click save to car.ini in the Kunos cockpit camera app -> cockpit camera done

2) open car in CM in custom showroom + open the car.ini file
3) switch in custom showroom to the driving camera you want to adjust (F1 key works here as well as many other shortcuts)
4) adjust camera to taste in car.ini (and dash cam in dash_cam.ini), save the ini file -> dash cam, bumper cam and bonnet cam done

If you like to have some "visual feedback" when adjusting the camera (like a road or track objects you can either place the car in a respective showroom or you have to jump in game to verify your cam settings.

By the way, all updates will be available via CM
The auto mod update feature of CM is a great idea on paper unfortunately some modders push simply too many updates in a short time so that the update menu flows over. This is the reason why most people deactivate the auto mod update feature.
IT really is best to be dilligent and make good use of the mod metadata fields (author + version number) AND do name the main package with its version number (and preferably a data) so that people see immediately if a new update is of a newer version compared to the one installed already.

3dsimed does wierd things... I would strongly recommend... Download blender... Ps I'm not being a know it all... Just speaking from experience... Objects will appear and disappear randomly was one of the strange quirks I have come across... Also come across the same issue your having here... Save yourself the head ****

I absolutely second that. I grew up in industrial manufacturing and am firm in several professional CAx apps.
When I started to learn Blender for AC modding purposes I could have written a 10kg heavy book (softcover) on unique curse words to describe the idiosyncratic UI approaches and functions in Blender - it is a HORRIFIC software to learn with a learning curve 100 times steeper as learning Catia or Pro Engineer but here is the thing ... if you keep your nose down, stick with it and simply google your way to a solution everytime you run into a problem and just keep learning it will click after a few months for all major features.

Also (huuuuuge bonus that cannot be underestimated) - Blender has full support of Spacemouse hardware (3D workers who grew up on them know how serious an advantage this is).

I use 3DsimEd now exclusively as a file converter and only use it with clenched teeth if I absolutely must.
If you try to mainly mod AC cars just with 3DsimEd the messy data that ensues is just not worth it (I am talking about dirty data with object origins all over the place, object tags messed up (like an endless issue of shadow tags jumbled all over the place).
The moment I started to use Blender instead all those problems simply quietly disappeared.

Also: Blender is properly scaleable with powerful hardware to run it on (sadly it doesn't support proper hardware 3D acceleration on modern Macs any longer since Apple dropped certain needed OpenGL support Blender relies on).
Blender runs great on powerful machines which cannot be said of 3DsimEd which looks like its 1982 all over again.

Dave of 3DsimEd is a great guy though and does work hard on excellent support so it is definitely a product worth supporting and paying for.

@Jimlloyd I tried blender and a few tutorials...
I simply cant do all of the ALT/key+mouse commands with one hand... its impossible ;(
(in 3dSimed i use my big toe to CTL+mouse=select) = its not pretty

The key shortcut mapping menu in Blender must have been invented by the devil himself.
I have no idea how many nutcases and suicides it alone has caused ... BUT .... if you find a way to understand how it operates, you can basically change ANY important keyboard shortcut to your liking.
I have essentially spend weeks to set up Blender to behave exactly the same as my mainly used CAD system for work and it really, really reduces the brain fart moments where a Blender default function would trip you up in a train of functions you would perform blindfolded in your sleep otherwise.

I don't know why the Blender devs designed Blender the way it is (I think the latest v2.8 UI has some good improvements though) - one can only "get used to it"

Lets be honest though - as bad as the Blender UI is, it still is A LOT more user friendly and advanced as the 3DsimEd UI ;-) + Blender is imply way more powerful in every way (bar some game specific I/O plugins).

By 'his work', you mean a 3D model he nicked on the net and not a car he had to work on from scratch ? Oh poor sod. I'll pity him.
yeah the "Base" model is from GT Sport if i'm correct but if you know how hard it is to get the model look like this takes much time and the Flatnose bodyparts are scratchmade that means that is his own work. This mod is worth to encrypt it not like mods from Guerilla mods. But funny to see how you all act here and saying it goes straight into the bin becaue it's encrypted. Saying that the mod is trash 'cause it's encryted make no sense. There are many mods like every GT Sport port is encrypted because it's that hard to get it look like a normal car. What does encrytion change for you? You can do everything you can do with other mods too. You just need CSP but who the **** don't use CSP in 2020? And yeah i know you can't edit the mod and sometimes you can't open it in the showroom but where is the problem there? if you want to see the car go on track where it looks miles better then in the showroom 'cause of the PBR Stuff and why edit a mod that's already perfect?

Hey Mr W, tried the hyundai tonight at Ahvenisto and Croix en Ternois
lots of fun and nice looking, impressive, love it, great work, thank's!!

but i think lods are set a little too close, i see drivers alone in the straight... is it easy to fix?

View attachment 965006

Try CSP > Settings > Graphic Adjustments > Multiplier for car LODs, then adjust the percentage. I think this is what fixed a similar problem for me in the past.

Unfortunately ... No :-(

You have to completely redo the animation (it really isn't hard to do but it somehow is one of those chores that one always kicks into the next day, and the next, and ...)
;-)

Here is how I set up the F1 cameras when working on a mod:

1) get car in game, set up cockpit camera to taste, click save to car.ini in the Kunos cockpit camera app -> cockpit camera done

2) open car in CM in custom showroom + open the car.ini file
3) switch in custom showroom to the driving camera you want to adjust (F1 key works here as well as many other shortcuts)
4) adjust camera to taste in car.ini (and dash cam in dash_cam.ini), save the ini file -> dash cam, bumper cam and bonnet cam done

If you like to have some "visual feedback" when adjusting the camera (like a road or track objects you can either place the car in a respective showroom or you have to jump in game to verify your cam settings.

The auto mod update feature of CM is a great idea on paper unfortunately some modders push simply too many updates in a short time so that the update menu flows over. This is the reason why most people deactivate the auto mod update feature.
IT really is best to be dilligent and make good use of the mod metadata fields (author + version number) AND do name the main package with its version number (and preferably a data) so that people see immediately if a new update is of a newer version compared to the one installed already.

I absolutely second that. I grew up in industrial manufacturing and am firm in several professional CAx apps.
When I started to learn Blender for AC modding purposes I could have written a 10kg heavy book (softcover) on unique curse words to describe the idiosyncratic UI approaches and functions in Blender - it is a HORRIFIC software to learn with a learning curve 100 times steeper as learning Catia or Pro Engineer but here is the thing ... if you keep your nose down, stick with it and simply google your way to a solution everytime you run into a problem and just keep learning it will click after a few months for all major features.

Also (huuuuuge bonus that cannot be underestimated) - Blender has full support of Spacemouse hardware (3D workers who grew up on them know how serious an advantage this is).

I use 3DsimEd now exclusively as a file converter and only use it with clenched teeth if I absolutely must.
If you try to mainly mod AC cars just with 3DsimEd the messy data that ensues is just not worth it (I am talking about dirty data with object origins all over the place, object tags messed up (like an endless issue of shadow tags jumbled all over the place).
The moment I started to use Blender instead all those problems simply quietly disappeared.

Also: Blender is properly scaleable with powerful hardware to run it on (sadly it doesn't support proper hardware 3D acceleration on modern Macs any longer since Apple dropped certain needed OpenGL support Blender relies on).
Blender runs great on powerful machines which cannot be said of 3DsimEd which looks like its 1982 all over again.

Dave of 3DsimEd is a great guy though and does work hard on excellent support so it is definitely a product worth supporting and paying for.

The key shortcut mapping menu in Blender must have been invented by the devil himself.
I have no idea how many nutcases and suicides it alone has caused ... BUT .... if you find a way to understand how it operates, you can basically change ANY important keyboard shortcut to your liking.
I have essentially spend weeks to set up Blender to behave exactly the same as my mainly used CAD system for work and it really, really reduces the brain fart moments where a Blender default function would trip you up in a train of functions you would perform blindfolded in your sleep otherwise.

I don't know why the Blender devs designed Blender the way it is (I think the latest v2.8 UI has some good improvements though) - one can only "get used to it"

Lets be honest though - as bad as the Blender UI is, it still is A LOT more user friendly and advanced as the 3DsimEd UI ;-) + Blender is imply way more powerful in every way (bar some game specific I/O plugins).
Wait till you try Zbrush.. they keep sending me free licences, I keep telling them I cannot even figure out how to import or open anything... its godamnwd bizarre.

since I am already in trouble with the department of war and finance regarding my spending spree on sim racing gear, is the buttkicker thing worthwhile or just meh? Does it work with AC?

Let me answer your last question first: Yes, Buttkicker does work with AC. Please be aware that the "normal" buttkicker solution just changes your audio signal into vibration. So it is basically a rig mounted subwoofer.

It is a much better solution to extrakt the motion signals from AC (which are used for motion rigs) and then lead them into the Buttkicker ... or whatever tactile system you are using. You will need a second soundcard and a special software for that. Of course you have to make sure that the vibration reaches your body. The stiffer your rig is, the harder it is for the vibration to reach your body through the rig.

Here you have a good video of a Budget system with demonstration:

I have a BKG2 on my Simetik K2 and, amp aside, I really like it. I have only a few effects enabled via Simhub and they're quite subtle but I think with the DD wheel it really adds something in terms of immersion. Not sure it's worth list price money but I got mine off eBay for not much. It does make a right racket though so ideally you need to be well away from others!

Last edited:
yeah the "Base" model is from GT Sport if i'm correct but if you know how hard it is to get the model look like this takes much time and the Flatnose bodyparts are scratchmade that means that is his own work. This mod is worth to encrypt it not like mods from Guerilla mods. But funny to see how you all act here and saying it goes straight into the bin becaue it's encrypted. Saying that the mod is trash 'cause it's encryted make no sense. There are many mods like every GT Sport port is encrypted because it's that hard to get it look like a normal car. What does encrytion change for you? You can do everything you can do with other mods too. You just need CSP but who the **** don't use CSP in 2020? And yeah i know you can't edit the mod and sometimes you can't open it in the showroom but where is the problem there? if you want to see the car go on track where it looks miles better then in the showroom 'cause of the PBR Stuff and why edit a mod that's already perfect?

Not saying it's trash (quite the contrary), but I can't give respect to modders who encrypt stuff that isn't theirs. (oooh he modelled the parts ? That's cool, but still a fraction of the work the guys at PD do - if it's based on their 930). Imagine working on a car and then somecunt mods and encrypts it. Wouldn't it be maddening ?

How so? I got a message about encryption when I tried to update the previews to my default.

Sorry but you have seen my screenshot, no message appears that it is encrypted. I can load the showroom and can update the previews like usual.

hi everyone, some time ago a guy posted extra skins for rtm's jaguar xj220 lm, i tried to search the post but i can't find it, does someone have the link for those skins?

Getting this one, https://www.trakracer.com.au/tr8020-black-tr160-160mm-x-40mm-aluminium-cockpit
and yes, relaised after I paid for it, its not the correct mount for a DD1, but, as the shipper has no stock I will make an AL mounting bracket on my CNC as an adapter plate. Did reach out to him to find out if it can be swapped.. no news.. maybe i get lucky though.

Been thinking i might machine up some sleeves for those feet to take some clutch springs to "float it" then I can also get that "shake" from the wheel in the rig I guess.

Where are you from? We have it in stock...

I'm getting a horrible flickering on the textures of the buildings at Okayama (also noticed it on the house at Spa as you come through Eau Rouge). I have it happening on two different PCs and wondering if there's something I'm missing causing it. I've tried rolling back CSP to 1.60, turned off PP, different filters, ran vanilla AC, different track skins - all the same. Whacked settings up to max, down again but it still does it. Has it always done it and I've not noticed it (seems unlikely as it's quite bad) or is something amiss?

It would be wonderful if we can get something like this, however i wouldnt hold my breath waiting for the URD version, most likely wont see that until 2050 :D

That other stand alone one looks pretty promising, all theyd have to do is copy the physics from one of the other 2018 cars which can be tweaked, and then model the interior properly and itd be go
this video show DTM aston but URD show the gte so i don't think so he buid the DTM

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back