Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,525 comments
Release: Las Vegas Motor Speedway Infield.

Usually I release tracks early on my Patreon feed, but as this track re-uses assets from somebody else hard works I feel it is not appropriate to keep it exclusive from the rest of the community, also It's 99% finished so you'd have got it sooner than later anyway.

This came together quite quickly, the outer oval layout is already out there on the web, I used 3D models from that version to create the track surroundings. The Infield circuit is built from scratch. up to 30 AI. No Replay Cameras yet.

Las Vegas.jpg

Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_las_vegas_infield_13-9-120-15-5-29.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_las_vegas_infield_13-9-120-15-7-15.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_las_vegas_infield_13-9-120-15-13-40.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_las_vegas_infield_15-9-120-14-58-13.jpg
Screenshot_honda_nsx_gt3_acc_las_vegas_infield_15-9-120-15-1-0.jpg
Screenshot_accr_alfa_8c_competizione_las_vegas_infield_15-9-120-15-13-20.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_std_las_vegas_infield_15-9-120-15-14-4.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_std_las_vegas_infield_15-9-120-15-14-17.jpg
Screenshot_ks_porsche_cayman_gt4_std_las_vegas_infield_15-9-120-15-14-30.jpg

Enjoy :D

I have a question. My Fanatec rev lights on my F1 carbon wheel and CSL base does not match up with the rpm in AC. The Fanatec lights tells me to shift later than what AC does and by that I run the gears too long or over revs. Anybody got an idea on how to solves this? ACC is fine.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a little help with something . I found a groupc mod on some random random Japanese blog . so most of them work great accept for one the TOYOTA Ts010 . every time i try and load the car it crashes the game . I did all the "fix car" and still the same issues . I know in this awesome community can help . Much appreciated

Attachments

• 2020-10-15 (3).png
    2020-10-15 (3).png
    7.1 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (3).png
    Screenshot (3).png
    60 KB · Views: 40
I absolutely second that. I grew up in industrial manufacturing and am firm in several professional CAx apps.
When I started to learn Blender for AC modding purposes I could have written a 10kg heavy book (softcover) on unique curse words to describe the idiosyncratic UI approaches and functions in Blender - it is a HORRIFIC software to learn with a learning curve 100 times steeper as learning Catia or Pro Engineer but here is the thing ... if you keep your nose down, stick with it and simply google your way to a solution everytime you run into a problem and just keep learning it will click after a few months for all major features

Lets be honest though - as bad as the Blender UI is, it still is A LOT more user friendly and advanced as the 3DsimEd UI ;-) + Blender is imply way more powerful in every way (bar some game specific I/O plugins).

As someone with ~16 years experience with Solidworks, I can empathize. It's taken me ages to "get" the workflow. Polymodeling is so completely, absolutely, alien compared to a solid modeling workflow. You really do have to retrain your brain.

I don't think the Blender UI is that bad, though; you just have to remember that the workflow is completely different than true CAD software, so it can't be the same as CATIA/Solidworks/etc because you don't work the same way. Poly modeling is about optimizing poly flow, while CAD is about the mathematics behind the surfaces. Very, very different approaches for very, very different applications.

I'm wondering if anyone could give me a little help with something . I found a groupc mod on some random random Japanese blog . so most of them work great accept for one the TOYOTA Ts010 . every time i try and load the car it crashes the game . I did all the "fix car" and still the same issues . I know in this awesome community can help . Much appreciated
probably to do with the sfx folder, try replace the sound for an other car in CM.

Ambient Occlusion work on the Fiat Panda 900 is done :)

I've also added wiper animation and the internal windscreen effects.

Physics are pretty much complete but I think I'll be tweaking a little more the suspensions just to give the car the typical "swinging" behaviour in the corners.

Audio will be taken from one of the AC original cars... sadly I didn't find any good quality recording of the engine (and some of the best recordings on yt are tuned version of the original). If anyone has some very good exterior and interior sound of the Fiat Panda engine (35hp or 42 hp version) please pm me.

Next steps will be a new 3d tyre model (the actual one is provvisional) and the shifting animation for the driver. Once all this stuff is done I'll probably upload the beta version on RaceDepartment by the end of October.

__custom_showroom_1602773718.jpg
__custom_showroom_1602773949.jpg
__custom_showroom_1602774238.jpg
__custom_showroom_1602774355.jpg

Last edited:
OK so those darned Porsches are not encrypted for me either. Everything works as normal and I have unpacked the data.acd with no problem for both cars. CM showroom works as does preview update.

My CM is version 0.8.2190.36747
CSP is 1.67-preview1

I am going to download some other encrypted cars and try them out to determine whether all encrypted cars can be decrypted with my CM/CSP or whether these two Porsches are either encrypted differently or not encrypted at all! I agree with Fall Guy they are nice cars worth having.

EDIT: the S2000 API can be unpacked and repacked but the CM showroom doesn't work. Message is that the model is not supported.

Last edited:
Curiouser and curiouser. The AMJ Diablo and Porsche 930 ARE encrypted as far as the 3D model is concerned, as is the S2000 API, and CM showroom/preview update fails to work, but the Arch 930 LE and SE don't seem to have an encrypted 3D model.

The not encrypted ones are those leaked days ago, before the release. It's unencrypted but not 100% finished and fixed. The released ones are encrypted. If you can see the released ones in showroom it's probably because of Ilja forgetting to remove encryption keys from newest csp previews, that will be probably patched too.

but why does it work for these ones and not for other encrypted cars?? I have the encrypted ones - I just checked by pulling them into 3DSimEd.

Screenshot 2020-10-15 17.09.01.png

Screenshot 2020-10-15 17.15.25_cr.jpg

Last edited:
Tried Axis' 930le, looks encrypted, can't export/edit textures, and blue polys in 3dsimed, but imho I certaintly don't mind, the mod is perfect, looks beautiful inside/outside.

Though, one thing I wish is to be able to change driver model in data so I could have a no helmet driver, but afaik the data is encrypted, hence its a no-go.
Perhaps any CSP code exists for the driver switch? :D

Last edited:
Release: Las Vegas Motor Speedway Infield.

Usually I release tracks early on my Patreon feed, but as this track re-uses assets from somebody else hard works I feel it is not appropriate to keep it exclusive from the rest of the community, also It's 99% finished so you'd have got it sooner than later anyway.

This came together quite quickly, the outer oval layout is already out there on the web, I used 3D models from that version to create the track surroundings. The Infield circuit is built from scratch. up to 30 AI. No Replay Cameras yet.

View attachment 965119

View attachment 965120 View attachment 965121 View attachment 965122 View attachment 965123 View attachment 965124 View attachment 965125 View attachment 965126 View attachment 965127 View attachment 965128

Enjoy :D

@pk3r72owns it will be amazing if you can finish the whole pack of the track with, included, the oval layout so we can have a high quality full version for this track :)

Thanks for your work

OK so those darned Porsches are not encrypted for me either. Everything works as normal and I have unpacked the data.acd with no problem for both cars. CM showroom works as does preview update.

CSP is 1.67-preview1

I am going to download some other encrypted cars and try them out to determine whether all encrypted cars can be decrypted with my CM/CSP or whether these two Porsches are either encrypted differently or not encrypted at all! I agree with Fall Guy they are nice cars worth having.

EDIT: the S2000 API can be unpacked and repacked but the CM showroom doesn't work. Message is that the model is not supported.

ok so I presume Ilja messed up the decryption in the latest CM build as the older builds do not allow you to view the encrypted Porsches. It's all about keys and whether the owner has given permission to Ilja to allow decryption but sometimes things get messed up or he adds the key for whatever reason.

Also @safi hellie Just wanted to say that your post about RTM and simdream is using really bad examples for encryption. Those mods have literally no effort put into them, they are straight rips (using software that is readily available) and then dumped into AC with the barest minimum - no scratch built sounds, no scratch built physics, I mean have you ever driven any of their mods - every one of them is BIN fodder. They only look good if you don't look too closely. You can't even extract AO and make skins for them as most of them have bad mapping and body parts overlapping body parts.
You got it right when you said they put more effort into their website as that is the part that gets people to buy their "products".

As for this Porsche, it is well made, and has had time spent on it. Just because it's encrypted shouldn't really come into it and people binning a mod simply because of this reason is wrong. Bin a mod because it's crap not because you can't open it in the Showroom. And as @Arturi has said - cars look better in game anyway as the showroom doesn't allow for PBR or other effects.

I think this encryption debate is gonna rage on till the sky falls down so maybe we can all agree to disagree that it isn't a good thing unless you have completely hand built your mod from the ground up and haven't used any other source material that belongs to another IP.

Jumping away from the drama does anybody here know why does my calculated AO turn Black when i want to calculate it? even though in 3ds max i have already mapped them properly. Recently went back into modding from an hiatus.
In 3DS MAX
2020.10.15-18.34.png

When calculated in CM
2020.10.15-18.35.png

And when i put it on the model the textures are all black no indication that they have AO on them.
2020.10.15-18.38.png

CSP is 1.67-preview1

Hi can you share your Porsches version, please, Im sure that the first release was 140mb or near, but after the 'hotfix' is 100mb...both in the same link because it was updated...thanx in advance

ok so I presume Ilja messed up the decryption in the latest CM build as the older builds do not allow you to view the encrypted Porsches. It's all about keys and whether the owner has given permission to Ilja to allow decryption but sometimes things get messed up or he adds the key for whatever reason.

Also @safi hellie Just wanted to say that your post about RTM and simdream is using really bad examples for encryption. Those mods have literally no effort put into them, they are straight rips (using software that is readily available) and then dumped into AC with the barest minimum - no scratch built sounds, no scratch built physics, I mean have you ever driven any of their mods - every one of them is BIN fodder. They only look good if you don't look too closely. You can't even extract AO and make skins for them as most of them have bad mapping and body parts overlapping body parts.
You got it right when you said they put more effort into their website as that is the part that gets people to buy their "products".

As for this Porsche, it is well made, and has had time spent on it. Just because it's encrypted shouldn't really come into it and people binning a mod simply because of this reason is wrong. Bin a mod because it's crap not because you can't open it in the Showroom. And as @Arturi has said - cars look better in game anyway as the showroom doesn't allow for PBR or other effects.

I think this encryption debate is gonna rage on till the sky falls down so maybe we can all agree to disagree that it isn't a good thing unless you have completely hand built your mod from the ground up and haven't used any other source material that belongs to another IP.

I have loads of encrypted mods. They don't bother me...... but that doesn't mean i am not allowed an opinion on it....

So quite simply, steal a car model from someone else, get it into AC, then encrypt it so no one can steal it... whether i keep it or not, isn't 'right'.

But frankly i am sick to the back teeth of this topic.

Ok so, here I am with the video of my problem

Have you tried the Guerilla Mods version of the Car in my opinion the best way of implementing led stripes with only RGB colour template file. You select what colour you want and save the file has DDS. You don't need to add Ext_config file to your skin.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back